In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Re: "I'm just here for the sun and to annoy the locals." [P;

Postby MythicDusk » 10/05/2014 4:56 PM

A low grumble of a chuckle sounded through his torso as he dipped his wings carefully, beginning to circle in a slow and easy decent. Eventually, he touched down, his wings beating a few more times before he landed with a resounding 'thud', lowering his body steadily to the ground, he shifted slightly in order to give her the easiest way to dismount. "Carrying you over the threshhold will be interesting." Belias chuckled, his glowing eyes shining with humor, obviously having calmed quite a bit, and exerted himself somewhat, shown by the soft panting, his breathing a touch more forceful than what it was beforehand.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/08/2014 4:22 PM

Zari slid to the ground, finding herself a little bit shaky on her feet. "I don't know what you're planning Belias, but I don't like it," she returned, smirking at him. "You know, I think they're probably planning something for us. Mort will have started raiding the kitchens. He'll be throwing a party whether or not we turn up, I might add."

She looked up to him, and made a "this way" gesture, filigree-like tattoos spreading across the palm and back of her hand. "Now is probably a good time to introduce you to my family, eh?"

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 10/09/2014 3:05 PM

Giving her a draconic smile, he shifted his form, following her with a soft hum in his throat. He jogged lightly to catch up with her, reaching for her hand and softly taking it in his, entangling his fingers loosely in hers, wordlessly letting her know what he wanted, but giving her the option to pull away should she wish it. He was happy, he never wanted to be out of contact with her. That flight was one of the best of his life, just because she was on his back. He would never forget her voice when she spoke in wonderment, or how she held on to him, or the wonderment that he had barely seen in her face.

A part of him wished that they could fly again, just so he could see all of that again. "So, do you like flying at all now?" He asked, kidding, though there was a slightly hopeful tone in his voice.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/11/2014 3:24 PM

Zari twisted around standing on her tip toes so she could reach up and kiss him. She could hear the music from the circus behind her, and she pulled away, dragging him forwards towards it. "I'm not going to lie, it's still pretty scary. But... yeah. I guess I do."

Back where they'd set up the circus, some of the caravans and residential parts of the circus had been moved further back, to give them more space. The chairs were still around the campfire, but there was more of them. Mort was stood next to Drucilla, violin in hand, playing something lively. Some people were dancing, others were eating or passing around food and a mix of alcoholic beverages. It seemed everyone in the circus must have had a bottle or two put away. Drucilla had contributed a couple of dusty wine bottles, Mort had offered his near endless supply of sloe gin, Charlie had materialized a crate of ale from nowhere and the other fire eater, Goodwin, despite claiming to be teetotal  had procured a bottle of champagne, the bottle of which she presented to Zari the minute they stepped into the clearing.

There was a huge cheer from the present group, and Mort stopped playing for a moment. "Zari, Belias, we may have accidentally decided to throw you an engagement party. We'd apologize, but very shortly we're all going to be to drunk to do anything of the sort. So, if you've got any toasts to make, I suggest you get them over with."

((Charlie Charles, fire eater on the left, Goodwin, fire eater on the right.))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 10/11/2014 3:50 PM

Belias felt a peculiar prickle across his skin. There was a heat in the air, but he shrugged it off, refusing to let those thoughts rule his mind. He grinned at Mort and looked up at his risen hand, surprised to find a mug of ale in his risen fist. He shrugged it off as just something that happened around here. "I know that we didn't get off to the best of starts." The Dreamsnare Battleheart began, the marking on his chest glowing vividly. "And I know that because of that, some of you won't like me ery much. That, and because I've hurt Zari so much in the past with my constant leavings..." He let the statement hang in the air, his voice dropping to an ashamed murmur before he gripped Zari's hand tightly, finding courage in his fiancee. "But today, I asked the woman who I want to spend the rest of my life with to marry me. And she agreed to marry this old, scarred bastard of a dinosaur!" His words came out in a laugh as he proudly thumped his chest, ale spilling down his shirt. "And I make a promise to everyone here, including myself and Zari, that I will make her the happiest woman alive!" His final words were a roar of triumph as he rose Zari's hand with his, before chugging down his drink and giving another mighty roar.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/11/2014 5:06 PM

A cheer went up from those present, as they raised their drinks. Zari opened the bottle of champagne with a pop, and someone else presented her a glass. She didn't really drink champagne, but now was the time for it. She looked up to Belias and smiled.

She raised her own glass and began to speak. "First, a toast to absent friends." Mort would appreciate that, she knew. He always began his toasts the same way. "Secondly, for Belias, because he's a scarred old bastard of a dinosaur and if you don't learn to love him I will cause you so much pain." There were a few laughs, and a cheer.

Mort started up playing again, content to leave it at that.

Zari held back for a minute, soaking in the revelry though after a moment or two a tiny blond creature appeared and wrapped her in a hug. He pulled back after a minute or two, a huge grin on his features. He was shorter than Zari, his hair falling in curls around his face. He was wearing orange leggings and a massively over sized tunic, the hem of which fell to just above his knees. From the neck of the tunic, serious scarring could be seen, covering one side of his neck and ending on the jaw. "Zari! You're getting married and everything oh my gosh!"

"Zu'hai, Charlie! Calm down!" She hugged him back, and Charlie, as if suddenly spotting the huge man behind her suddenly moved to speak to him. "Oh, Belias, this is Charlie Charles. He's a fire eater."

Charlie offered a hand that was more burns and scars than clear skin to Belias. "Dude, hi. I've come over here to introduce myself. I was going to, y'know be all threatening and stuff, but I figure Mort's already given you that spiel and he's way more terrifying that I will ever be, so."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/11/2014 6:10 PM

Giving a deep-chested laugh, Belias gripped the smaller man's hand in his own, heavily scarred grip. "Mort couldn't threaten me anymore than what I have myself." He gave a half-smile, his eyes glowing. "But it's nice to meet you, Charlie, I'm Belias, as I'm sure you know." He grinned wider, always happy to meet new people. He slowly loosened his grip on Charlie's hand, seemingly ignoring or simply not noticing the scars. "I suppose this means I have to introduce you to my old war buddies." Belias joked, playfully nudging Zari with his elbow, grinning all the while. His cheeks had begun to hurt, he had never grinned so much in his entire life.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/14/2014 1:40 PM

"It's nice to finally meet you, as well, Belias. You're a little bit infamous around here, being the person that stole our darling acrobat away from us and everything. Though the nearly dying in front of us thing probably didn't help." Charlie shrugged as Zari rolled her eyes.

"I come back sometimes." She interjected, looking a little bit affronted. "Since when was I 'your darling', anyway? I wasn't that when I stole some of your scarves last time I was here."

Charlie had already moved on to the next subject, his eyes wide with excitement. "Dude, you need to introduce Belias to Goodwin! Goodwin is so awesome, she is the best person. Like, ever." He made a shooing motion with his hands, and Zari decided she had little choice in the matter.

Once they were away from Charlie, Zari turned Belias. "I dread to think what your old war buddies are like."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/14/2014 1:52 PM

"They're good people." Belias murmured, seemingly hurt befroe he bounced back. "So, who's this Goodwin?" He hummed, tangling his fingers with hers loosely, wanting nothing more than to be close to her. He buried his face in her hair, breathing in her scent, turning his body to wrap his arms around her. "I love you, I love you more than what words can say." He rose a hand, running his fingers across the black fabric of the necklace, gripping the ring and holding it up with a smile. "I'm sorry it wasn't the most romantic way to propose." He chuckled, his arm tight around her.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/14/2014 4:10 PM

She frowned. "Aw. Belias. I didn't mean it like that, I'm sorry. It's just... we never seem to befriend the most normal people, do we? Doesn't mean they're not good." The evidence for that was all around them. Besides, Zari had taken to imagining Belias's war buddies as more raucous versions of him. She wasn't sure she'd be able to stand all of the (good-natured) teasing.

Zari smiled, hugging him back. She'd never felt this contented in her life, this happy. "I love you too. I really do, and I don't care how the hell you proposed, Belias. You could have chucked the necklace at me and ran from the room in fear for all I care. I'd have still said yes." While Belias was examining her necklace, she took the opportunity to wrap her arms around his neck and kiss him.

"Shouldn't you kids be saving all that for the wedding night?" It was Goodwin, all six foot two of her. Dark auburn hair cut short, and a few scattered burns and scars visible.

Zari pulled away from Belias and glared. "Hello Goodwin, how're you? I'm fine, thanks for asking. I say, have you met my fiancee?"

Goodwin raised her eyebrows, holding her hands up in surrender. "Sorry, Zar. I'm just teasing, you know that. I just wanted to come over here and see if I approve of your guy." She turned to Belias and held out her hand. "I'm Goodwin, I'd say it was nice to meet you but I haven't quite decided yet. Charlie seems to like you, though," she looked over to where the young man was now stood, "so, you've made a pretty good start."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/14/2014 4:40 PM

Belias couldn't help but smile. His grip tightened a touch around Zari as he turned to Gioodwin, taking her hand in his own firm grip and giving it a few hearty shakes. He released her hand with a grin, then, with a formal clip to his tone, he spoke. "Thank you, Goodwin. It's been an honor and a pleasure to meet everyone. I hope to bring my old war band along for my next visit, so then you can all meet my family." He gave another delighted smile before turning back to Zari, gving her a gentle kiss.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/27/2014 6:57 PM

Goodwin's expression softened, not by much, but to anyone who knew her it was a significant gesture. "No one around here socializes enough, it wouldn't take much convincing to get everyone on board with the idea. I bet Mort would be willing to make an event of it... provided you let us recover from this one first." She chucked.

In the background, the music started up, even more lively than before. A few people were dancing. One of them twirled elegantly over to where Zari, Belias and Goodwin were stood. It was Charles, he bowed to Zari and Belias before taking Goodwin by one hand and leading her away to dance.

Zari's glass had magically refilled itself. It seemed that those passing around drinks were determined that no one be left sober. She took another sip. "Well, you've had all of the major introductions, save for Norma, but that's better left until she's not sulking in her caravan." She gestured to the small crowd of people laughing, dancing, singing and generally enjoying themselves. "Shall we?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/31/2014 1:31 PM

Belias nodded with a grin, a humm resounding in his chest as he swigged at his now-filled tankard of ale, his hand tightly entwind with Zari's as his own voice joined the sounds of cheers.

Belias gave a soft groan, lisfting his face from the pillow, he rubbed a bleary eye. Slowly sitting up and glancing around the small space. He was shirtless. With a massive headache. At least he still had his pants on. He loooked over to the other side of th bed and a grin split his lips, leaning over Zari, he kissed her forehead softly. "My fiance." He murmured into her skin.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 11/23/2014 9:51 AM

Zari opened her eyes, took stock of how she felt and turned over with a defiant: "Nope." She dozed for a moment, and upon deciding that was a little mean she huffed. "I mean. I am. The "nope" wasn't directed at that, it was directed pretty much everything else." She was still wearing her clothes from yesterday, eye make-up streaked down her face.

"Belias, never let me touch any alcohol provided the circus again. Ever." Never touching alcohol again in general seemed like step too far, besides, she was certain the circus did something to alcohol drinks to turn them... worse, maybe? From innocent things to trouble-causing, raucous-raising agents of untold disaster.

Or something. Possibly.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/02/2015 1:01 PM

Belias grunted in agreement, letting himself slowly relax back into the bed. At least, until there was an almighty crash outside. Sitting upright, Belias bolted from the caravan, in full defense mode, but he stopped on the steps, blinking slowly at the sight of the young girl, a pile of pots and pans at her feet, her bright, faded green eyes looking around nervously, the prurple bonefish trailing down her face, the rainbow scarf that trailed in the dirt wrapped multiple times around her neck.
The child began to bawl.
Belias moved in. Scooping her up in his arms, he let out a low laugh. "Calm down, Betty. Nobody's going to be mad." He cooed, holding the child close to his chest. 'Betty' stopped sobbing for long enough to look up to his face, crying out with joy, she wrapped her small arms around his broad neck.

"Unca beli!" She cried, Belias laughed, nuzzling his face into her hair.

"Hush now little one, people are trying to sleep okay?" Betty gave a soft, obedient nod, her face still buried in his neck.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer