In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

An Untimely Meeting of Unlike Forces [P, Fireheart and I]

Postby Citanul » 12/10/2012 9:06 PM

[Caine, Human Form]

The black sands seemed to just fit his mood this day. The pale man looked on with his wild blue eyes, scanning the near-empty beaches. He had needed time, time away from his precious family. They had scattered to the winds to gather themselves - he would gather them when it became time to.

How had his mate lied? How could she not be what she had claimed? And his poor son... The light of his life, his Redeemer, filled with a power to destroy. So contrary to his own nature. A light bare of his fangs to no one in particular at the thought. He would need to guide the children when tempers calmed, be sure that there was a reason that their mother had made such a grievous mistake.

Lost in his own thought he just continued his walking, bare feet immensely pale against the black sands, sun seeming not to bother him.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 214
Donate

Re: An Untimely Meeting of Unlike Forces [P, Fireheart and I

Postby SpringsSong » 12/10/2012 9:36 PM

She had only come out here because she needed time away from the typical demons that had accompanied her from Faêrun--one that drank blood, but was not a vampire; the sister of that particular demon, who was strong with fire magic, the children of the blood-drinker, and the son of the fire-demon who thought that he was as she: a half-seraph.

Her mother had shared her peculiar curiousity with demons and other such dark beings--some said that her mother was where Senna got most of her traits from.  She sighed as she walked along the beach, her six blue wings folded against her back as her pale yellow dress fluttered in the wind.

Hm... I wonder what I could search for out here... she thought to herself, barely noticing the man who was walking toward her.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Citanul » 12/10/2012 10:56 PM

[....Are your characters from D&D?]

The girl in front of him went unnoticed until Caine was nearly upon her. He paused in his steps and looked her over. Beautiful - she was much the same age as his little Embres. ...Well, he supposed she was no longer so little, with pups of her own.

"You seem lost, m'dear." He spoke smoothly for the fangs in his mouth, years of practice and quite a few bitten cheeks. "This is a place of contemplation however." He turned to look to the sea washing upon the darkened beach. The tide was in - nearly upon their feet now, though he knew it wouldn't wet these sands.

A look back to her. She was no creature from this realm, he could be sure of that. "You will meet darker things than you are used to here, young one."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/10/2012 11:03 PM

[A slight bit.  They come more from the general realm of the Neverwinter Nights games.]

"Lost?  I am not so sure of that claim, sir," Senna replied cooly.  "I came here merely because I felt this was where I needed to come.  I do not question the feelings which I receive, I merely follow them."

She could tell that the man was a little strange--he seemed a slight bit pale, compared to what she had been used to seeing.  Even the blood demon she knew was a bit darker than he... well, maybe that was how his skin was, naturally.

"What do you mean, 'darker things than I am used to'?" she asked.  "I think that you will find that I am used to a great many dark things."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 12/10/2012 11:16 PM

[Gotcha. If you're interested, I have all of the books on PDF. ^^; My husband and I play. A lot.]

A hearty chuckle fell from his lips. Poor girl. Maybe she was worldly - she seemed to know what she was doing, at least. He knew he looked odd, no shoes on, pale skin exposed in a loose button-down shirt, but crisp, neat dress pants. In truth he had an undershirt on before, a tie and a coat discarded somewhere along the way of his shoes and socks. Clothes were quite restricting, but he knew he had to remain descent for 'society'.

"Mmm. I hope you are. This is where I call my home - where my childer live, my mate. I am sure you have never seen the likes of my kind before."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/10/2012 11:23 PM

[I have a few of the books on PDF too, namely the 3.5 core book, the Races of the Dragon, and the Draconomicon--mostly thanks to my NaNo novel last year~]

"Childer?  I do not believe I have ever heard the term before, no," Senna said, her tone inquisitive.  "I know that my mother, a higher-ranked seraph, was quite curious about demons--one of the reasons why she and I were both sent away from the celestial realm to dwell among everyone else--but she never once mentioned that term in any of her reports on demons she met."

Here, she paused and looked at the man for a good, few moments, examining him carefully.

"So, either you are some form of demon that my mother never came across before, or you are no demon at all--but still a somewhat dark being nonetheless."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 12/10/2012 11:30 PM

A Seraph, then? Interesting. "...Mmm. I knew one cast out from the Heavens, a long, long time ago. Lost track of him though, lost in my own wanderings. Dwelling among the mortals can be a dangerous venture for a Seraph." He looked to the girl for a moment. She likely knew little of his legend.

"Not a Demon, though some call me so. Caine is the name I was given. I was mortal once... The story wears on me, to how I gained my immortal state. I slayed my favored brother and in return for my sacrifice I was cast in to the darkness. The first of the Vampires, as they dubbed my childer. Many forget where they came from these days."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/11/2012 2:19 PM

"Maybe, yes; but since coming here from a foreign realm, it seems as though several different creatures of various different natures dwell together.  And though I am a Seraph, my father was merely a mortal--so I am not a full Seraph, and as such, would never have attained the rank that my mother once held," Senna said.  She listened carefully to Caine's story, and after a few moments, she spoke.

"A Vampire, you say?  That is quite curious," she said.  "I cannot say that there were Vampires in Faêrun, where I came from, so I unfortunately know little of their kind.  But... I still do not quite understand what you mean when you say 'childer'.  Could you please explain what that term means, Caine?"

A few more moments passed.  "Senna--that is my given name," she said, realizing that she had not yet given him her name.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 12/11/2012 5:46 PM

"Ah. So another realm... I know of a few of them, though likely have never heard of yours. There are infinite other worlds out there to explore." Unfortunately, being confined to this one meant he was never going to see them, merely hear through other's words.

A slight nod. "I am the progenitor of the vampires here - I can not say the same for other realms. Though I have heard some have vampires. Citanul spoke of the ones he met once. Feral, bestial things... More like animals than men. Ah? Childer is just something I call the ones who I have turned or sired from my own blood. Young vampires."

"Senna. It sounds like a beautiful name for a Seraph." He paused to sit down, content for a moment in the warm sands. "And what do you seek here? You said you follow your own intuition, what draws you to this place?"
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/11/2012 9:50 PM

"Ah, so childer are the ones that you have... oh, created I believe could almost be the term that we would have used in Neverwinter," Senna said.  "And I am guessing that this Citanul you speak of must be an acquaintence of sorts?"

What was it she was seeking here?  Ah, yes--the feeling she'd had that she was supposed to come here.  Senna closed her eyes and folded her wings for a moment and contemplated.  Finally, there was only answer she could come up with.

"This world is still new to me.  There is much I do not understand.  My only guess is that I was to come here to better my understanding."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 12/11/2012 10:56 PM

"Mmhm. Through drinking of my blood or the old-fashioned way." Caine chuckled at himself. The children his mate bore him were favored over those turned of course, he had raised them from young ones to follow in his footsteps. "Of sorts. He is like you, wandering from plane to plane, seeing what the worlds have to offer him."

Better her understanding? He supposed he knew what the words meant, though he could not see why she'd leave such a lovely home for some place such as this. "This beach is where I come to think. You seem to have chosen a good place to start, if not a lonely one. You're better off in the city to look for the people, if those who you wish to understand."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate