Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

Re: .:Luv You Guys~ (Please Read):.

Postby dgirl183 » 06/18/2010 8:53 PM

Baal~
I get your reluctance to give up the PSDs for the 'gons and 'cains, but people have put actual money into and personally, if I had one, which I was planning on in the near future, I would be very, very,very angry that I couldn't breed anymore, oh that came of as selfish, but then again, I've never considered myself to be a sweet person who kept opinions to myself.

So people put good money, money that they could use for other things, into their lucains and paragons and now they can't breed...hm yep that's seems like...robbery?  Now that's making you into a crook, which YOU AREN'T, I respect that you want to keep them to yourself, I would too, but even so I think that in my personal opinion, if I were to make such wonderful things as them, I WOULD let others make new pups...

No more customs, yeah that's fine with me, but letting them breed still seems better.  And unfortunately I'm going to end this on a terrible note, I've been saving up lately, posting, making my own plot to save up so I could get a Cain and sadly being unable to breed them, just sorta took the whole ambition out of it.

I'll try, but already this was on my list of "To-Dos" I only got to it now and then...and I don't think that I can stay.  In fact, this is going to sound so negative, I don't think this will live, in fact I've seen this before, heck I've been the CAUSE of this, I've closed down sites before when I got too busy.  I've been a mod on sites that just went to heck and died cause the owner left...and I respect our mods, I really do...but while this is mostly about roleplaying and people say, hey we did this before without breeding, yeah BEFORE is not NOW, once you change things you can't say, "oops just pretend that never happened and it'll be okay," that doesn't work.  

Breeding has become a part of this and taking it away doesn't make it revert to what it was before, maybe older players remember a time without breeding, I don't.  A lot of people here I'm sure don't.  So this is unfair to us.

It's safe to say I'm not happy about this, not happy at all.  And unfortunately I'm sure that this also means I'll be gone within a month...the rest of you are reading this and thinking "Thank God, get the pessimist out of here."  Last night I debated whether I would even write things for about two hours.  I don't know you Baal, I don't know many here, but I poured my heart into characters and I've seen plots that revolved around future pups, so this is ruining good plots that I saw developing.

And along with this all, I'm going to say that sites without main plots...they, no.  I was anticipating the next big plot...and now is there even going to be one?  

I'm going to try, but I can't see how I can stay when my main ambition for playing is shot.

EDIT:  Okay so backing up I am going to say something that is a little bit better than just being mad,  I rethought it and I'm not deleting any of it, however, I feel that you Baal deserve to be appreciated and given more credit than I did.

You are an amazing artist, and perhaps it's selfish to say that I want you to continue because your art is so wonderful that its just depriving the world of a wonderful artists.

I love that you gave it this long, and again, this post was hard, I've been dealing with a lot and perhaps I ranted toward you and that was wrong of me, I just wish that I could have been around in the beginning of this site.

And contrary to popular belief, I do like to roleplay, it is something that I appreciate.  I didn't come here just for the breeding, but the lack of a main plot is hard for me to accept also.  I believe that everything else can continue without just you, but maybe you should consider still being in charge, but instead of stopping completely, slowly pass on the reins to someone like Draiz or Shrewd or Kodai?  You're doing that all ready I know, but a leader is needed.

Okay, I don't know if that made any sense, because I'm sort of distracted right now.  Thanks for all the years you dedicated a lot of your life to this though, it was a great site, and perhaps still will be.

~dgirl183

~Firefly

~Level 2 Biolune Cavallion
~Currently starring in:For Love

~I'm just trying to light the night
dgirl183
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 21
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/18/2010 9:36 PM

Wait, what, dgirl? You're mad because you can't breed, and you feel paying for those pets gives you the right to breed them? That really is selfish. You know why? For one, Khimera cost just as much as Lucain, and they can't breed. For another, you can pay real money for any custom pet, but guess what? You can't breed any of them! Paying RL money doesn't give you any entitlement to breed the pets. It's a separate thing. Heck, the BP 'cain and the KS sale 'cain can be bred too!

And if you want to leave because you can't breed, then...you know what I'm gonna say? Good riddance. This is not a breeding site like Wajas. This is an RP site.

RP.

That means ROLEPLAY.

Geez, I have four customs, one Kuhna, but they're all for plots, not breeding. Even my Lucain customs (planned) are less for breeding than plot.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby amapup » 06/18/2010 9:40 PM

I've seen this happen before, on other roleplay sites. They weren't adoptables sites, but they were still roleplay. And all I can say is, Thank you for posting that you will be gone. I've been on several sites where the head admins just up and disappeared, and nobody knew what happened to them or if they were coming back. And the sites just fell apart because people didn't know what to do. I'm not saying this means that Evelon will stay together, but judging by the amount of members it has, I think it will. But at least you're not leaving us and the mods in the dark, and I appreciate that. We'll all miss you, but the fact that you'll still be here every now and then brings hope. ;) I plan on staying, because this is one of the only roleplaying sites I have left now, and is definetly the most unique one I've ever seen. You did an awesome job with Evelon, and I hope it continues to be just as great.

Aussie

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1023
Donate

Postby Cookie » 06/18/2010 9:57 PM

Aw, I love you Baal, and I support you all the way :3 Do whatever makes you happiest, and if its this, then I hope you're not let down of what you hope to obtain from this. That's the only thing that would make me sad about this, is that if you were let down because what you thought you'd obtain from doing this, you wouldn't.

Honestly, to all who are worried about breedings, although it may sound harsh, I say bluntly to get over it. Yeah, breeding was fun, you got pups and eggs, which was cool, but this is a ROLEPLAYING site. Not a "Oh lets breed tons of 'cain and 'gon!!!" site. Baal put her hard work into those PSD files, and they are HER property to do so with as she wishes. If it was me, I honestly would not give them up. Sorry. I don't think its fair for anyone to guilt trip Baal into this, and most of you are doing as such. I can understand being a bit upset about it, that I can understand.

To those feeling betrayed. I think the one who's being betrayed right now is Baal. You guys are going against her because she wants to move on in the world. She's worked so hard to keep this site going for as long as she could, and you guys know it wasn't going to last forever. She has school, and then a carrier and stuff ahead of her. She worked on customs a lot for us, breedings, and things to keep us entertained. I don't know a time when she didn't think of us, and what we might like to do. I don't think anyone has the right to bash, criticize, or ANY of that. If you loved what Baal did, if you truly cared for anothers happiness, this would not cause you guys as much grief as it does. I'd hate to know, if it was me, how people are being about this right now, after putting years into this site, a lot of time, effort, and talent. I'd hate to know, that after all that, that the people who love the site, would turn against me because I decided to make better of myself. Baal's been nothing but generous to all of us, I think she deserves to be a little selfish for once.

I love ya Baal, and I'm open to talk any time you want. I hope your dreams take you where you want to go in life, and that you meet your goals. Thanks a lot for making me a better person. Through this site, I've become much better of a person. Thanks for everything you do for us.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby NatureGirl » 06/18/2010 10:09 PM

Cookie... here here. I agree with you fully. Who cares about breeding? We have all of these other awesome pets. The roleplaying. The roleplaying is the best part. Cookie is right about the supposedly "betrayed". People must move on in this world. Accept it!! I really don't think you guys have the right to harrass Baal about this. Baal, good luck, girl! You had a great run.
~ My Zoo Pen! ~ Wishes! ~ My Clickies! ~
Red - Shadows

Click Me!

There's a hate inside of me like some kind of master
I try to save you but I can't find the answer
I'm holding onto you, I'll never let go
I need with you with me as I enter the shadows

Caught in the darkness I go blind
But can you help me find my way out?
Nobody hears me, I suffer the silence.
Can you tell me it's over now?
NatureGirl
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/18/2010 10:18 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one a bit weirded out by the use of "betrayed" and I'm so glad to hear everyone being so supportive of the decision being made here. I think we have a really good chance of Evelon continueing in this manner because of such a loyal, close knit user base.

I must admit, for awhile there I really thougth Evelon might have lost a lot of that friendly, loving family vibe and that some of the things I had originally joined Evelon for, had been lost. It's so heart warming to see that in a sense, even though people have come and gone, that same feeling is there. OHHH~! >D< You guys just make me want to squeal! >D< <33333 You guys rock, dun ever change! >P< <33333

You guys rock socks, seriously. >D< <333

On that note, though, please don't call people out. If you have a personal problem with anything said by somebody, please talk to them directly? I mean it'll only cause bad feelings. I don't like what everyone says or feels, but if that's what they're feeling we can't be... bullies about it, or put meaning behind their words like harassment. It's unfair. I think a lot of people are just trying to express themselves and sometimes it comes out in not the quite... correct. Feelings are hard to word and if somebody can give you a word that feels "almost right"... try to give the "betrayed" time and the benefit of the doubt, I guess?

We don't want another EP misunderstanding happening over this. xD;
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1108
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/18/2010 10:29 PM

I guess I've been misunderstood? :< What I meant by "betrayed"--and what I think others have meant is well in copying me--is that we've felt this feeling, but that doesn't mean we think Baal is wrong or unjustified. (Heck, my whole paragraph that I used it in was ABOUT how it wasn't the right word for my feeling.) It means that... well, we feel upset, but we understand what's happening. We're having something special to us taken away, and we know we can't act against it, and probably shouldn't. I don't think Baal is wrong to do this, but I can't stop myself from being upset. I don't think it's right to tell anyone not to be upset, too--we're all feeling a little grief. At the same time, I don't think most of this are holding it against her. We're hurt, but we will live through it.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/18/2010 10:31 PM

I have to say, after first reading this, I went into a sort of shock. Seriously. I sat in front of my computer for about ten minutes just staring blankly at the screen, then took another twenty to re-read it continually until it sunk in.

That's when I shut my laptop. And then I screamed a little bit. Closed the windows, grabbed a pillow, and screamed. I was so angry that it had come to this.

A lot of things went through my head after that-- the most prominent being 'She just gave up.' I don't know why I was thinking this, as I knew that you hadn't given up, but maybe for me it was just a combination of finals only a few hours before and sleep deprivation and the stress of getting the whole house clean in the next hour because I had company coming over--

I share the same feelings as everyone else. Betrayed. Kind of sick. Worried. Abandoned. Not having to do with Baal herself, but with the fact that so many privileges we used to have won't be available to us, ever. (EDIT: And just in case people take this the wrong way, I didn't care about the privileges, we survived long enough without them anyways, I mean look at the past few months, but the new pets and stuff were part of what made Evelon, well, Evelon.) The fact that our Admins, the ones we have learned so much from, were suddenly leaving us. It was like the teacher shouted, "I quit!" and ran out of the classroom, leaving the students lost, confused and leaderless.

While I know you are far from quitting, that fear of abandonment I've always had is practically shouting at me now to leave this place, abandon it like it has abandoned me. But I don't think I will, at least, not completely. I will try my best to be active, but the fact that the creator can't bear to stay and the ongoing discussion of "how long will this last?", means I can't make any promises. Personally, this uncertainty scares me. I can see what members are sticking around and what members will be leaving/hiatus-ing for long periods of time, but this doesn't assure me. We're all staring at the inevitable-- the falling and fading of this site. The prolonging of this fact scares me senseless. I'm not sure why, but it does.

This isn't a good-bye, or a promise to forever be the same person I was before this. But it's a message that says I'm here, and will be here. I've invested so much time in this site-- I'm NOT quitting. If this place goes down, I'm going down with it and everyone else, I'm sure.

I will miss what this once was. All I can think of saying directly to you, Baal, is that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for whatever caused you to say, "I can't continue," I'm sorry for everything bad that has ever happened to this site, I'm sorry I never tried harder to get to know you as some other members have, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

Love, luck and lollipops,

Snowy

2nd Edit:

If any of you ever heard of the Young Adult book author John Green, he and his brother do this vlog thing together. I think this video of Hank, his brother, kind of sums up what I had been thinking about, Evelon-wise.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby dgirl183 » 06/18/2010 11:03 PM

All right, I'll make one thing clear, before everyone decides that I'm a bad, selfish person (even though I am.)

Baal, I never said I was angry about you leaving, but was I the only one that suggested maybe we could continue breeding?  I was not.

I understand that you want to have a life, lives are good.  Love life, sometimes.

I didn't say I was leaving "just because I can't breed' if that were true I wouldn't have ever started, because I don't own a Lucain I can't anyway.  I'm leaving because sites don't always work out without a creator.

Sorry if you looked at my negative air and decided I was rude and judgmental.  I think that when one gets a shock like that judgments are fairly difficult to ignore.

I'm directing the rest of this toward Baal and Tick Tock.

~Thanks for:
Being around this long;
Providing people with amazing works of art;
Creating a place where magic lives;
Helping people connect;
Giving us a good place to use our imaginations; AND
Being the greatest!

~Firefly

~Level 2 Biolune Cavallion
~Currently starring in:For Love

~I'm just trying to light the night
dgirl183
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 21
Donate

Postby Jessari » 06/18/2010 11:05 PM

I saw this thread the day you posted it, but I wanted to let my emotions sit and simmer for a while before typing something I'd probably just go back and edit later. I've never been much of a leader, so I can't say that I've ever run a club or a website for even a week, much less several years as you have. I can only guess at the kinds of emotions that must be bombarding you right now. I tend to be the type of person who listens rather than talks, so other than the occasional 'hey!' in the chat room, we've never had a conversation. I do have to say, though, that you will be sorely missed in the role of board owner/art slave. :wink:

BaalsBaby wrote:And like I said, I'm still always planning, and Evelon is just a stepping stone towards new and better things I hope to share with everyone. :)

I am curiously intrigued by that line, and am definitely going to stick around to see exactly what you mean by it. :?  :) If Evelon was this great, and was only a stepping stone, I can't imagine what else you have in mind!

As for the lack of Lucain/Paragon breedings, I was stunned speechless for a while. For me, there's always been a sort of magic about sticking two different parents together and being completely surprised by the number and appearance of the kids. Yes, this is a RP site, but the pet images and the Breeding Area has always been something of a character/story-generator for me (kind of like those random starter sentences my writing teacher would pick for class to write on). We could still RP that our lifemated characters had kids, but the randomness that made it so attractive would be gone. Another thing is the attachment I've always felt towards the younglings when one of my favorite Lucain (or Paragon) couples were bred. Think of your Snickles, and how you felt the first time you bred one. Wasn't it special, and a little emotional, even though they were only a collection of pixels? That's the feeling I've always felt after a breeding, and one that I'll sorely miss in the future. I think that this feeling is one of the main reasons so many people seem to be getting upset over this; it's not selfishness (as far as I know, anyway). It's simply an attachment they've formed with their pets and their wish to expand that attachment to their pets' children.

Please, don't anyone take me wrong. I'm sticking around whether or not the PSDs get released, so apparently I'm not going to be hurt either way you go with this, Baal. If you decide to release them, party! :yay: But if not (and this is totally your prerogative), life will, as always, go on. I simply wanted to share my perspective, and there it is.

We love you, Baal, and now that you're free, maybe I could sneak in an RP with you sometime or another?
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 06/18/2010 11:24 PM

As a foreword for what I am briefly about to say, I am indeed a bit upset about this subject but I do not blame Baal and I am simply trying to... clarify something, if that was how you could say it.

I always wanted to breed Lucain and Paragon and I think it's a bit selfish to say that people still want to breed and are upset that they can't just because they want 'more and more'. The reason I always wanted to breed was never, ever because I wanted 'more and more'. It excited me to know that there would be an infinite amount of possibilities that the pups/hatchlings could look like, that they would grow up and be different than any other one (unless there were twins) and that it was my fault, essentially, that they looked the way they did. It was more of a creative thing for me than anything.
get a little closer, let fold
cut open my sternum, and pull
my little ribs around you
the lungs of me be crowns over you
get a little closer, let fold
cut open my sternum, and pull
my little ribs around you
the rungs of me be under, under you

ill cut the soft pockets, let bleed
over the rocky cliffs that you leave
to peer over and not forget what feet are
splitting threads of lightning over me

"Fineshrine" by Purity Ring

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 222
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/19/2010 8:22 AM

Errm... I'm just re-sneaking in to say, that I agree with Cookie, Wynd and Jessari and a few other people too and huggles and stuff. I was pretty shocked, and I hope I didn't sound too depressed or anything. I probably should write something long about my opinions, but hey, I think you guys got that covered. I'm as stubborn as a mule,  whether that's a good thing or not it may come in handy.

I'm not leaving this site.

Not in the foreseeable future.

Ofcourse I may get hit by a truck tomorrow. But I'd still be haunting Evelon. ^.^

May the force of Evelon be with you.
(I bet I'm not the first to make that joke on this board. -_-  >D.)

~Mousen.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Feint » 06/19/2010 2:02 PM

Baaaaal! ;A; I know I didn't know you personally, like at all, but your presence was still very much a part of this site and I will miss youuuuuu. ;_;

It's kind of disappointing that lucain can no longer breed, but you know what? As long as we're still able to roleplay, the site will go on. Lucain breeding may have become a popular part of the site (just looking through previous posts), the lifeblood of this place still is just the rolepay. You even had to roleplay to breed the lucain! RP > breeding, at the very least in practice. :shrug: ;)

I'll miss all the exciting events, which I was never quite brave enough to enter but always had to follow, and I'm sad there will be no more new pets, but I think that with me no longer piling on new characters to my stash, it'll help me focus my energy into developing my existing ones.

SO no, I'm not planning on leaving this site, at least not for a good long time, and I'll admit it now that I'm one of the faithful few who will be hoping inside that you'll be back some day.

Goodbye, Baal, and have a good time wherever you end up from here! :)

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Silverin » 06/19/2010 5:44 PM

Well o3o I feel weird coming back to this... but yeah I will be back to rp once in a while but yeah Silv has college life in 13 days now so yeah. ;_; If any one wants to have pictures from me they can ask. Also I will be getting facebook some time soon to advertise my self when I get my demo real done from college.

Well LU Baal and talk to you when I can. (Silv has actually been very busy person for the last month or so.) And feel free to hit me up for any thing if needed 8D~ (Oh and Silv sent Krypto's thing in, hope I am not too late ;_;)

Edit: (Silv never did get a custom whatever it was XD;; Yeah I forget cause I just asked for a random of the species I liked so yeah... o3o;;;... sorry if not very specific but yeah. You guys can keep monies with out giving Silvy the custom cause yeah I don't have time for it sorry to say)

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/19/2010 6:01 PM

I actually have a question for the Mods or Baal herself that's been sitting on my mind overnight and I'm sure many people want to know the exact answer here.
What exactly does this mean? Is Baal going away forever, never to come back, is she leaving for good but there is a small chance she'll be back, or is she taking a long break, be it spanning a few years and handing stuff over to the Mods to deal with, until she's more settled with her life?

I know plenty of people are assuming the first option and jumping ship, but I'd like to know exactly what is happening here. P=
And I swear, if there's any more arguing/bickering/general insult sliding I will whack that person over the head. This is not the time to blame, whinge or argue, we don't want it either. Read what Moofie says~ She's a smurt cookie~ 8D

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff