Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

.:New Contests!:. [12/28

Postby Kyrit » 12/09/2010 12:11 PM

~**~

We'll be using this thread for posting about any new contests that pop up over time to minimize the number of threads we are spamming you guys with. =) With that said, I wouldn't be posting about this if there wasn't a new contest going on right now! O= It may be a type of contest we've held before, but it's one that we haven't seen in a long time to say the least. Why don't you head on over to the contest area and check it out for your chance at winning a Mysterious Egg and an item to match!
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2075
Donate

Re: .:New Contests!:.

Postby Jaykobell » 12/18/2010 6:27 PM

~*~

Welcome Contest #16!

It's a little bit unusual, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the topic! This one will last a long while, but I hope it'll get some people excited~
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/27/2010 5:55 PM

It looks like Contest #17 is up before contest 16 has even ended. I just couldn't help myself. o ^o
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 04/06/2011 10:28 PM

~*~

An update for the entries of Contest #16.

Please post in the Contest #16 JUDGING topic and tell us where we're supposed to move your entry(ies).

Concerning this, we have finally decided on a universal system for those bonuses. You gain the RP bonuses, if applicable, of the original topic location. This means that, for this contest, if you move your entry to X RP area, you do not get its bonuses. If your entry was not done and you continue posting, then from then on, you may add the bonuses for the future levels gained there.

Handy example is handy:

Joy and Andy's posts in the Contest Area - +1 to everything/5 posts
Joy and Andy's posts in the Sa'fir Coast, once moved there officially - +2 Endurance bonus applicable/5 posts

So if you posted 10 posts while in the Contest area, those 2 levels get +1 everywhere. If you then gain a level in Sa'fir Coast, after the entry was moved there, you can start applying the +2 Endurance bonus.

This is universal and everything will work like this from now on.
The only exception we had to this rule was Whisper Forest, since the area didn't exist at the time.

Does this make sense? If not, feel free to ask any question.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 06/24/2011 6:50 PM

~*~

Hi. I'm Edward. And I have a contesto for you.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/04/2012 12:48 PM

~**~

There appears to be a new contest available. Why don't you all go check out Contest #19 and use those creative minds of yours for us?
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:New Contests!:. [Feb 5]

Postby BaalsBaby » 05/09/2013 4:35 PM

~**~

With the sneak peek of the new breedable, it looks like you can help us try to make more markings for the Soveris. Come and join Contest #20!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Re: .:New Contests!:. [May 11th]

Postby Kyrit » 05/11/2013 11:34 PM

A Baal verified guide of where markings can go has been added to the top of this post to clarify any confused users working on their entries for contest #20. I hope this helps, and good luck!
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 05/13/2013 3:26 AM

~**~

So I sort of realize that four winner's slots is sort of really small for the amount of markings that are really catching my attention. As a general question, I wonder how everyone would feel if more winners are chosen? What I mean is that there would still be the four top winners who are chosen for their outstanding creativity and design, but if more entrees are chosen to add to the marking roster, those are also given a small reward? Or perhaps given an entry into a raffle or something?

Anyway, this isn't official or anything at the moment, I was just wondering what everyone would think of that idea? Would it be infuriating? Or would more people enjoy seeing their markings being used on the site? Just curious! :D

(Also sorry if this doesn't make AS much sense as it should. It's like 3AM here. << >>)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Postby Mojave » 05/13/2013 3:31 AM

I'm okay with more winners than four. o3o For me personally, seeing a marking I created officially on the site is prize enough for me. But what about Alonia prizes? o3o For those that do get accepted but don't get into the top ranks?
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/13/2013 3:37 AM

I don't mind seeing more winners that receive smaller prizes. =) I'm seeing quite a few that I'd love to see too, so yeah. Definitely. XD I'd say an Alonia pet is a bit much since those are customs (so worth easily as much as some of the other prizes), but yeah. More winners = good
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 05/13/2013 3:40 AM

True, but places first through fourth are getting custom breedables. o3o Maybe keep first place as it is, change second place to 1 custom (either paragon, lucain, or a random diosol), third place to an alonia pet, and fourth place is ks only?
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/13/2013 3:41 AM

I definitely am okay with the idea of more than just four winners, seeing as there are quite a few different markings that I like, also. I think I at least have a favorite from every user that entered, so yeah, I'd love to see a good number of the entries as official markings. As for the prize itself, I don't have too much of an opinion, be it a small prize or a little larger of a prize.

Edit: Though I will say that I don't really think the prizes for the existing top four should be altered, since they were already announced. o3o

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Mojave » 05/13/2013 3:49 AM

Meh, personally, if any of my markings were to get picked, seeing my marking all over evelon would prize enough for me. ^^ I just made the suggestions to give Baal ideas.

But then again, I did opt for an alonia prize instead of a custom lucain when the arach marking won a contest, so maybe I'm just weird. xD;
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/13/2013 3:57 AM

More winners means more gorgeous markings all over Evelon, right? X3 So I say, go for it! Maybe give all the winners a choice of smaller prizes, like, say, a choice between so much KS, a few GT, and maybe a Chaos Draught or something.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Next