Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

Re: Tournaments Are Back!

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/17/2011 11:17 PM

So, when we're matched, do we wait for the higher stat to post first, or do our 'intro post' so to speak, of the pet entering the battlefield like in the olden days, but without the stats? Or is it just 'RAWR jump into eet and keel each other!'?   XD

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 03/17/2011 11:42 PM

The latter. 8U I want to settle the contest before messing with the tournament, so it might not actually kick off until like tomorrow or super late this morning.

Basically, once you're matched, you can check the Stat bank to find out which pet is faster. That pet (or the owner, rather) starts the topic, initiating their attack. The second pet initiates its own attack, and then BAM, the battle begins~ So it basically skips the redundant/somewhat obsolete step of 'okay A and B, it's your battle, repost everything for the 93885th time for ref plz 8U' xD
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 03/18/2011 2:38 AM

Thunder wrote:Alright. I don't know if I have much time to mod a battle right now, with a bunch of schoolwork and stuff, but I was under the impression that we'd get some kind of "practice" or something xD; I did get a PM with the calculator, though.

I explained how we mod battles(as best as I could, considering it's not really all that complicated other than plugging in numbers) in the very PM I gave you and Freezie the calculator. Though we do have an updated one now thanks to Krypto that I need to PM you two. "It would probably only be during our testing stages, but it's possible that the user(s) may end up helping with tournaments or any battles during possible plots and what not." That was part of the original topic in which we were seeking help, so I thought it was pretty obvious that I meant for you two to just go ahead and start modding battles in the test area. o 3o Sorry if I did not make myself perfectly clear though.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/18/2011 3:06 AM

Also... I PM'd Shrewd about this, and she thought she fixed it, but I'm not sure. XD I don't actually have mod privleges over any tournament areas. Just the Test and Mock Tournaments one.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 03/20/2011 1:14 AM

Freezy, if it still doesn't work, I'll check it again... Or I'll bother Draiz to do it instead because I am clearly inexperienced. :C

Also guys; it was while getting ready to kick off the tournament that I realized we're missing ONE (1) last fighter!
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 05/01/2011 12:51 PM

~*~

Guys, I'd like to make something clear: if you feel like you will be unable to post in a tournament battle, please notify the tournament host about it.

If you are busy, if you are away on a trip without internet, or if there is anything else that could really prevent you from posting in a battle, please just notify us.

"Hey Draiz/Shrewdberry, I know I'm in the tournament, but my finals/midterms/super huge project worth like 80% of my final grade are due, and I would really like to focus on that at least until [day of the week here]! I'm really sorry for the delay, can I cheat the 3-day limit for a little bit?"

"Draiz/Shrewdberry, sorry for PMing, but my parents want to go on a trip, and I won't have internet. Can I just post as soon as I come back, on [insert day of the week here]?"

And there's tons of others. Seriously, if you feel like you have a valid reason, please PM us. Seriously, we won't force you to post in a digital battle with digital pets to win digital things when you have midterms/finals/huge projects due for SCHOOL.
We also seriously can't punish you if your family wants to go on a trip (unless you knew and you were just procrastinating; but we couldn't know that, so it's all in-trust), and if you don't have internet (this includes shaky internet; I wouldn't really expect anyone to be able to post every day with cafe internet; dude, go do trip things or something) we seriously can't punish you for that.

So from now on, if you feel like you're cutting the 3-day limit close or that you won't have internet access for a while, please notify us.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous