Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

.:Battle System v2 GO! (PLEASE READ):.

Postby Kodai » 03/17/2011 9:28 PM

Everyone, PLEASE READ THIS. If you wish to battle your pets, there have been important changes that you need to know about.

Well, we've all been waiting. It's been hard, but I think it's ready.

Battle System v2 is now officially released! :D

I believe that the worst problems of the system have been fixed and that the system is ready for general use.
Naturally, if anyone finds something that really doesn't work, please notify me so we can try to fix it. The only thing that may need to be changed in the near future is the way Element weaknesses, resistances, and same-type attack bonuses work (I believe Shieba is testing that still), but if that feature does need to be worked on, it can easily be dropped from battles without hindering anything.

Now. What has changed? The short answer is... a lot.
READ THIS THREAD.
Please. It describes how battle mechanics work and tells you /exactly/ what each Battle Trait does. Many Traits have had their effects and numbers changed. Read the thread so that you understand how everything works.
If you read the thread and you still don't understand something, please post here and I will try to explain more thoroughly. Who knows? Perhaps I overlooked something and your confusion will help lead to a better explanation for everyone. :3

At this point, you may be wondering about Restricted Battle Traits. Because many Traits have either had their effect changed or had their Restricted status changed, I again urge you to read the thread and decide if you wish to keep any of the Traits you were granted and/or continue requesting any Traits you had previously requested.
If you DO NOT wish to keep a Battle Trait you were granted: Simply delete it from your request post and your pet's stats.
If you DO wish to keep a Battle Trait you were granted: You don't have to change anything. Just keep the granted Trait in your request post and your pet's stats. In other words, you /do not/ have to reapply.
If you DO NOT wish to continue requesting a Battle Trait: Simply delete the request from your request post.
If you DO wish to continue requesting a Battle Trait: You don't have to change anything. Just keep the request in your request post.
As a reminder here, you are supposed to clear all Passive Traits from your request posts, as Passive Traits are no longer restricted.

I think that's everything. Just remember to read the thread, and if any questions arise, ask them here.

EDIT: Now I remember something. XD; I must mention here that the Master Trait List /no longer/ has the numerical information for the Battle Traits. This thread will now only give a short, fanciful description of what the Trait does as well as a short technical description of what the Trait does. The In-Depth Battle Trait Descriptions thread is where you should go if you want to know exactly how a Trait works during battle, as well as find out about any specific requirements a Trait may have.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
House - Breeder's Listing - Trades - Art - Wishlist
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate