Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

What should the Winter Tournament's stat requirements be?

Offense
18%
Defense
18%
Endurance
23%
1 - 10
5%
10 - 20
5%
20 - 30
32%
30 - 40
No votes
40 - 50
No votes
Something higher than that! (Please post with your idea.)
No votes
I want the range to be something different, like 25 - 35! (Please post with your idea.)
No votes

Total votes : 22

Re: .:Tournament Announcements.:

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/13/2013 5:54 PM

This is too late to be relevant for this tournament, clearly, but I would like to suggest a level based restriction. I've noticed that in the current tournament, some of the levels vary greatly from the levels of the other participants. (The lowest level being 12, while the highest level is 27. 15 levels is a huge gap.) And I was honestly thinking a lower-ish leveled tournament would be a good change of pace.

Another user, although I don't recall who at the moment, also thought a level 1 tournament would be interesting, since it would primarily be relying on traits. Everyone should have a level 1 pet somewhere in their arsenal, so even newer users could participate. Or if that's too low, then perhaps a level 5 tournament?

If wanting to use a decent range of levels, in my opinion, it would be good to not go higher than level 20, and closer to the 10-ish or 15-ish area.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Thunder » 03/13/2013 6:31 PM

While a low level tournament could be interesting, there might still be a huge gap in stats depending on where a pet was roleplayed o3o So that would be the biggest disadvantage I could think of. Though of course, the level 1 tournament idea wouldn't have that problem xD I think it was Azura who brought it up?

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/13/2013 7:07 PM

Though I do admit that there could be a gap in stats based on where the pet was roleplayed, I think that could be a healthy gap (or one not overly worrisome) since every regular roleplay section gives stat bonuses. I figure that the stats across the board (all of each pets stats) should relatively even out. (Maybe one pet has high defense, but another one has high offense to balance it out, for example.) But if my assumption there is wrong (that it doesn't even out decently), I don't see it as an issue to give it a try once, since it seems that no matter what restriction has been tried so far, there is an imbalance somewhere. It seems almost an inevitable, but a variety can be good. o3o

Though a level 1 tournament does definitely interest me. Seems like it would be a good way to introduce users to battling, that haven't decided they want to have a battle pet yet.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 03/13/2013 7:32 PM

Level 1 tournament, go! XD It would be more about playing to the pet's base strengths than roleplaying in all kinds of different areas to make the pet "perfect" for whatever battle it happens to be. That, and everyone can enter since everyone has the capacity to have a level 1 pet.

Also, unbalanced stats make you have to work a way around that weakness. Say it was for lv 10 pets, and you had one pet at lv 9 that you wanted to use. Maybe there's no way to get your defense to a good point before the tournament, but you can get your precision pretty high. You would have a better chance of hitting than some of your opponents, which just might make up for your sub-par defense. It'd be fun, and even if not every weakness can be made up for one way or another, it never hurts to try.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby Kylo » 03/13/2013 9:10 PM

I support the lower level idea. I've always entered with pets towards the lower end of requirements each time and quite honestly I've enjoyed using them. Like lower level pets as they have sooo much potential to work with. Also it will rely more on using the right traits instead of just being all powerful with levels and stats.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Previous