Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

When can you be online in order to buy Breeding Keys?

At Night [12AM to 5AM]
16%
In the Morning [6AM to 12PM]
15%
In the Afternoon [1PM to 5PM]
21%
In the Evening [6PM to 11PM]
48%

Total votes : 62

[* Breeding Keys and Release Times [Poll]

Postby Jaykobell » 09/14/2013 4:09 PM

~*~

So who likes them some breeding keys? We all do, don't we?

The staff recently realized something about them. You all know by now that the staff try their best to release keys at different times to accommodate different timezones and schedules. We understand that not everyone can snag keys at 3AM, or at 6PM. But then we realized...

Really, at what times can you guys get on to snatch keys? We assumed early morning and late at night are usually the two most visited times, but we realized that we never really asked.

So this is what the poll is. Choose EVERY time you can get online to buy breeding keys! Please answer based on convenience. Don't answer 'at night' when really, you have to set up an alarm to wake up at 4AM for the key release. We want to know when you are awake. Also answer based on the time you're usually online. If you can get on in the morning only once in a blue moon, don't tick the option, since it's really not accurate as to when you can really get on.

Basically, tick any option that's convenient for you. Ask yourself, if keys were released in the morning, would it be convenient for me, in general? If so, tick it. If not, move on to another option.

Finally, keep in mind the times in the poll are according to Eastern Standard Time (EST). This is Evelon's timezone, so the times are according to that.

Also, if you guys can reply here with specific times, that'd be great too! I'm only giving vague ranges in the poll, but you guys can post here to specify particular times.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [* Breeding Keys and Release Times [Poll]

Postby Mojave » 09/14/2013 8:54 PM

I'm CST btw in case you want to look into releasing keyes at a time that gives all timezones a chance at keyes. o3o
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/14/2013 8:56 PM

Oh. Well, I guess it'd be important to clarifying that the poll times up there are according to Eastern Standard Time, since that's the timezone Evelon works with. So yeah, if you're Central, just calculate one hour behind the times listed in the poll.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 09/15/2013 10:08 AM

Just going to give my two cents about this although I have said it before about keys.

I would under normal conditions would find it easier to grab keys in the 6 to 11 pm range ( that translates to 7 to 12 for me cause I am on atlantic standard time) IF I was alone and did not have to compeat with the other 70% of evelon that also finds that time period easiest to grab things. The mass and consintration of people who can and do grab keys in that time period sometimes caused an inbalance of rooms/keys (since yeah way back when mammoths roamed evelon) and they often went to the same people (most of this now... is well mostly trading keys that cause some people to have massive stashes of keys)

Because of this massive group I often found ( if I was not having parental issues over the internet) it was far easier and less of a panic to grab a key in the early hours since most people were not on then (save for the people who stayed up or set an alarm so they would wake up cause they were foaming at the mouth for keys... and yes I had done this before way back when we still had rooms only really I am suppose to be up at 6 or 7 evelon time...)

The late night ones made grabbing keys impossible for me though. (But possible for people who live outside of north and south america) Even having my time zone one hour ahead of evelon makes things difficult.

Thats my two cents on the topic. All in all I dont like the pushing and shoving but I understand that is how key distribution works (unless its a raffle) and as much as I get discuraged by it all that is life and in life you dont always win and its not always going to be fair (in fact getting keys is more fair than it was a long time ago) That and this depends heavilly on  usage and just plain ownership of lucain and paragon. So yes it makes things difficult  trading thing also kinda throws a monkey wrench into things (more cause the weathy tend to prosper cause pretty things instantly trumps the possibility of getting more than one pretty thing for the effort of writing 25 posts... I know thats hard depending on your muse though)
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/15/2013 11:45 AM

The thing is that we pretty much always released the same amount of keys, regardless of release time. If 30 people get on at 6-11PM and we release 8 Keys of each type, then obviously there's going to be a big imbalance. In a way, this will make us understand what the busiest time is, and possibly how many keys we should potentially release, in the future, to accommodate that particular time. We're asking because we don't know how many people can make it for that time, and clearly, just about half of Evelon selected the evening option.

I get what you're saying, but getting keys... as always been unfair in one way or another. I can only grab keys in the evening now since I work full time, so grabbing anything before 6PM is impossible for me. Not fair when you have those other people who can stay home all day or stay up until 6AM, but there's not much you can do about it.

We'll still have raffles regardless to help balance things out more. But in order to also balance the releases themselves, we need to know how many people tend to be able to come on at each time. 8 Keys of each type seems to be enough for the night and afternoon times, but definitely not for the evening time, which is when the majority of Evelon is on. So this will help us accommodate certain times to judge how many Keys should be released, on average.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 09/15/2013 3:51 PM

Cool makes sense and that cleared up some of the cloud in my brain thanks. (Yeah rooms are a... eh thing and there is a ton of competition)
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Postby Citanul » 09/15/2013 4:40 PM

Since I work evenings now, there's no way I can be on from 6am-1pm, as that's when I sleep. Haha. I'm usually on late afternoon to evening (3pm-10pm), and after that I'm at work. Occasionally I'll take the compy to work, but there's not always time for me to get on there either. And on days I have things to do? Forget about even trying for keys, I'll get on Evelon for a few moments but won't have time to do much.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 214
Donate