Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

.: The Lost Chick :. [Event!]

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 04/16/2019 3:12 AM

Outside The Lone Saloon, you would be hard pressed to miss the sight of a hunched Chimerantula, her limbs tucked beneath her and what looks like a pair of four-legged overalls on. Fear might be your initial reaction--and perhaps it's warranted. As you draw closer to the door, her head shoots up to stare at you with large eyes and a twitching pair of antennae.

Quite suddenly, she seems to light up (as much as one can light up, without much differentiation in expression). "Oh, thank heavens, a hunter!" she exclaims, and immediately the sound of many tiny voices peeping sounds from beneath her legs. "Ah, sorry, little ones," she murmurs hurriedly, tucking her chin to look down at the ground. If you look closely, you can see a small gaggle of fluffy yellow bodies hiding safely in the shade of her thorax.

"You see," she begins to explain, carefully coiling her barbed tail around the chicks so none would escape, "I'm a farmer! I run a ranch on the southern fringe of the Vast Plains. Small little thing, it is, more a labor of love than any sort of business... venture... well, that isn't the point, no," she speaks hurriedly, flustered. Who knows how long she's been out in that sun? She holds up a spiked arm and waves you closer. "Just this morning, I was out feeding the little ones here, and the adult Rooskens as well. And some darned trickster Rollaby just came rolling through, and knocked down their fence wall! The older ones behaved, but the little ones... they all went pouring out. Such a sight, such a sight--and that Rollaby just kept rolling away."

The fear she must have felt that morning was still palpable on her tongue. Did Chimerantulas have tongues? "Even with my bad eyesight, I managed to round up the lot of them. All except..." For a moment, she grew pensive, her antennae twitching in thought. One chick seemed to start to venture off, and she gasped, moving to delicately tap it back into the crowd with the tip of her scythelike arm. "All except one. I'm positive I'm missing this one, because it was far bigger than the others. A sort of reverse-runt, if you will."

"The thing is... while the other babies are fond of seeds and grains..." She gives one last glance towards the Saloon, then reaches into the front pocket of her overalls. She pulls out...

...what appears to be a large t-bone Tuskow steak, in a plastic baggie. How she got it in there without ripping the bag to shreds is beyond your imagination. "This lost one prefers red meat. I haven't the foggiest idea why--maybe a growing body needs more nutrients? At any rate... you can take this one, here. I've been giving them out to any passersby... if you have the time while you're out on your adventures, could you look for my lost little one? I've been worried sick!"

Similar to the Valentines 2019 event, this is another Event Hunt! Between the dates of April 16th at 11:59 pm EST and April 30th at 11:59 pm, the Saloon this nice Chimerantula lady will be providing a free item that specifically attracts the pet introduced in this event. This will not count towards your weekly goal. This item needs a minimum of 10 posts (15 posts for cooperative roleplays) to work. Also the thread needs to have been started in April 2019 to count.

The prizes that can be received from submitting up to two hunts are as follows:

Hunt #1 - "The Lost Chick" - maybe this nice lady will let you keep it!
Hunt #2 - Another "lost chick"? Man, this lady really can't see.

Rule Recap:
Time Frame: April 16th at 11:59 pm EST to April 30th at 11:59 pm

- Once per week, users are able to post a hunt in the Lone Saloon, using the new Event item, Tuskow T-Bone. Please also make sure you post the image in your thread (we'll include a form in the Saloon) so we can differentiate it from other hunts!
- Threads must contain a minimum of 10 posts (15 posts for cooperative roleplays) to qualify for a prize.
- All threads for this event must have been started in April 2019
- These do not count towards your weekly hunt limit, meaning you're also able to complete regular hunts during this time.
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate