Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

Re: Summertime Madness [July/August EVENT]

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2019 9:53 PM

Under typical circumstances, she would have volunteered to go after what was claimed to be the leviathan, as monsters sort of fell into her territory. It wouldn't be the first time she hunted one down, anyway. Though, if what she heard was true, the other crew was lacking in volunteers, in comparison. That was all she really needed to know, prior to making her choice.

"Sorry," Toxic apologized to Captain Piper, before turning to face Captain West. "I'll be helping out in Nodia Sea. Please consider me a part of the Blue Team."

Z was probably going to hate her for this.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby Redd » 08/07/2019 7:10 PM

~**~

So! We're two weeks in and all the prizes should be sent out by now! Week 1's prizes consisted of a selection of wild pets found in Sa'fir, The Dead Coast and all the Open Seas areas. Some lucky people were fortunate enough to have rolled some undiscovered pets!

So, I felt like they were worthy of an announcement and an introduction.
ImageImage
Say hello to the Pearly Snicky and the Spotted Lunafly! They're both easy hunts, with the Lunafly being local to Rewhister Ocean and the Snicky, Ree'ne Sea.

Week Two also introduced some new pets! Say hello to the newest Beach additions.
ImageImageImageImage

The next week's already kicked off and since a hunt's been turned in, I've already sent out this weeks prize on the orange side c:

But in other news, currently the Orange team is ahead, sitting on 205 points, while the Blue team is on 149!

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/11/2019 3:38 AM

It was a simple decision, agreeing to this job. Shekhar's family was a poor one, and it had ached him to leave them, but he'd promised to return with heavier pockets to help pay their way through the harsh winter. The weather down here was hotter than he was used to--as beads of sweat matted the feathers along his brow, Shekhar made a vow to never complain about the cold again, up in his mountain home.

The rito fluffed his feathers out as he was approached, and squared his shoulders, trying to look sturdier than he was. "It sounds good to me," he murmured, unable to work up a proper barking voice against this fiery captain of a woman. Still, he reached up with a wing to adjust the sash tied his head, and nodded once more. "Aye aye--that's... that's a thing people say, right? Captain?"

If he survived the mission to Rewhister, his family just might be able to live comfortably for a little while. With that in mind, he took the first step towards the ship he was to board.

[Signing up for the Orange Team!]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Redd » 08/12/2019 7:12 PM

As y'all know, prizes have been sent out now! Last week was one of the aforementioned single prize weeks, so the only two new pets I can reveal are the Ghost and Coastal Xíng Yún!

ImageImage

If you liked these guys, but didn't get the one you wanted, that's okay, because they're a permanent addition to the Wild Pet Pool as a Hard Hunt, appearing in Rewhister and Nodia respectively! In addition, I've heard there's a unique Leviathan Xíng Yún in every Open Waters area. That means, there's three more to be found!

It looks like the Orange Team is in the lead with 300 Points and stands to win if the Blue Team don't get more points in!

Aaand that should be it for updates, this is the last week for hunts and remember if you do not complete at least two different week's hunts, you will not get the participation prize. So make sure you get that second hunt in if you haven't yet!

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 08/20/2019 1:06 AM

"LAND HO!" The shrill cry of the Sygriff cut through the quiet and chilly morning air. Most of the crew had taken to bed, and rightly so, there'd been a night of partying on board to celebrate their victory and most, if not all of the crew were now severely hungover. Piper on the other hand was as loud and alert as ever. The Hollow Sygriff beat her clenched claws against the rest quarters door, continuing on with her usual cacophony. "HEY! Get up ya lazy lumps, we need to start prepping for arrival!"

The hunt had been successful, definitely! Thanks to the efforts of all their new blood, they'd found a variety of critters, some more tasty than others. They even found a variety of whale whose back glittered like the dark night sky and who's belly glowed bright like the sun. Well, they'd found just a lot of whales in general.

But there was one beastie that took the prize for best hunt. A big black and white whale with a set of tusks that were responsible for the destruction of her last ship, that had been unceremoniously dumped on the deck. "Lookit you huh, ain't so scary now." Piper mused, clacking her beak at their tormentor. She was lying, this thing was terrifying. While this monster was very much dead, the other ships that had signed up for the hunt had found a pod of younger whales and had captured them alive. An entire pod, that would be enough so there was one for everyone, even for the ragtag group that West had assembled.

Because if there was one thing Piper wanted to do, was rub it in the face of that guy.

Congrats Orange Team!
Total Point Tally:
Your hunting was successful and you've discovered a brand new species! This guy may be familiar to people who've been around for a while, but please welcome the Whallos to Evelon! You can find their information and available colors further down.
Due to the Orange Team winning the event, everyone who hit the participation goal will be sent a Brute Whallos as well!
All members of the Orange Team who participated in Week 4's hunt will also receive a Radiant Whallos

Speaking of, there he was.

"Piper! How goes your travels?" West waved to Piper from across the docks, his own group mostly unpacked by this point. His feathers almost drooped upon noticing the great beast on the deck. "Well I'll be damned, she was real."

"Aye, she's a beauty, right?" Piper's chest feathers puffed out in pride. "From the lack of a beast on your ship, uhh, how'd your hunt go?" She snicked, casting her eyes towards his ship.

"Successful enough. We have discovered a rare variety of Kalamarei, that I guarantee will sell better than your brute, if not for size alone." He jabbed back, his feathers clearly ruffled at being showed up by that incompetent, loud fool.

"Hey... I still don't know why I was told to collect these things...?" And somehow Rick was here too, hands full of Sea Shells that the pirates seemed to be intent on giving him.

We're not done here!
Total Point Tally:
While they weren't the winners of the event, the Blue Team stumbled across some rather interesting species of Kalamarei and... hang on a minute.
Well, well, it looks like the Kalamarei also got a revamp! Well, some of them. In all honesty, these guys were slated for release with the Gorgeel but due to edits were postponed indefinitely. Although Kalamarei with edits have not been updated yet, we've decided to stop making you wait and release what we currently have! Find them all right here.
And every member of the Blue Team who participated in Week 4 will receive a very shiny Radiant Kalamarei!

However, I'm still not done! You know how I mentioned that there were more Xíng Yún in Week 3's update post? Well I was saving those for something special. Well. Someone.
The top 2 post earners (Omnisearch & crow) on the Orange Team will receive the Floe Xíng Yún, Yuunu's native Xíng Yún.
The top 2 post earners (Silver & ToxicShadow) on the Blue Team will receive the Storm Xíng Yún, Ree'ne's native Xíng Yún.

Alas, I've been having some issues adding the Whallos to the website, so for now, please find their info here!

Scientific name; Vanorcinus optucaptoris
Plural; Whallos
Weight; 4-6 tonnes (3.36.6 tons)
Length; 5-8 m (16-26 ft)
A cosmopolitan species, the Whallos can be found throughout much of Evelon's ocean in large familial pods. These pods consist primarily of a single matriarch, her sons and daughters, and their descendants. With no known natural predators, a pod will consider anything it comes across as potential prey - sailors included! Research on beached Whallos seems to indicate Alluria and Pingune as a potential preferred meal though, meals made easy when the birds migrate for the breeding season.

Code: Select all
[img]http://landsofevelon.com/images/pets/whallos/common.png[/img]

Common
[img]http://landsofevelon.com/images/pets/whallos/chaos.png[/img]

Chaos
[img]http://landsofevelon.com/images/pets/whallos/cobalt.png[/img]

Cobalt
[img]http://landsofevelon.com/images/pets/whallos/glacial.png[/img]

Glacial
[img]http://landsofevelon.com/images/pets/whallos/organic.png[/img]

Organic
[img]http://landsofevelon.com/images/pets/whallos/void.png[/img]

Void

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 08/20/2019 1:24 AM

Congrats to all the special prize winners!

-sobs in a corner over all these gorgeous Xing Yun
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Previous