Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

"HAAAAAAALP Where'd my posts go?!?"

Postby Tick-Tock » 09/07/2008 11:52 PM

Due to some stupidness on both my and Yahoo's part, the database just got pretty much completely erased. And because of the trouble it takes to make a backup, the last backup was from August 20th. So all posts, activity, trades, PMs, everything that happened since the 20th is lost. I'm sorry, but stuff happens, I guess.. Time to rebuild, repost, etc.. trades will have to be re-done, for kits and pups, they'll be mailed out again, as will customs.. anything you have the right to own, you still own, even though you might not have the URL in your pm inbox anymore.. if you have any questions, ask here or PM me or Baal (preferably me, Baal's already busy with stuff and this is my own taffing fault).
and the DJ mixes them all, and the music rhymes but it crawls
and the music comes from hydrogen bombs

Once you get locked into a serious music collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Tick-Tock
DO THE ASTRAL PLANE
DO THE ASTRAL PLANE
Pets | Items
Keystones: 219
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 09/07/2008 11:57 PM

[center]~**~

Yeah guys. Ticky at least managed to provide a really nice backup for us so I have to stress that there will be NO WHINING about this little problem at all. Not in the IRC, not here... I simply won't tolerate it and yeah, I am willing to pass out warnings if you give Tick-Tock an even harder time, since she's trying her hardest to help improve our forums.

... On a lighter note. Those of you who had PM'd me your order information before I took down the orders instead of emailed them to me, I'd really appreciate it if you PM'd me them again so I can get on them. Thanks a bunches~

EDIT: As for the Breeding Area. That's... yeah. For now, if you had a room, please go ahead and post it again, and I'll be nice and say you can start from where you last left off. PLEASE post how many (if you can remember) posts you had before this problem occurred and we'll just go with that. Those who also finished a room, please go ahead and post the two pets that did in a quick random post there and we'll add it back to the Nursery.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/07/2008 11:58 PM

Also I want to make it clear that you are not to whine! Suck it up. Lost some posts? Oh well. Everyone did that posted since then. There is a rule against whining, and if I have to listen to every single one of you whine I'm going to suddenly crack down on that rule rather hard.

also, if you did a trade after the 20th, you'll just have to redo it and resend the note to me, because those PMs were lost. Don't care if you trade with the same person, or if you even trade at all. Give me a couple days and if you want you can even PM me for a record of all pets you are currently listed to have.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Tick-Tock » 09/08/2008 12:11 AM

One thing we worked out: if you had done any kuhna breedings, please PM Shrewd with what kits you believe you bred, and you will get them back. Thankee-sais. If you had any lucain bred, or got any customs, Baal has those by name on her photobucket, so PM her for the URLs.

Once you get locked into a serious music collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Tick-Tock
DO THE ASTRAL PLANE
DO THE ASTRAL PLANE
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/08/2008 12:12 AM

Concerning Kuhna Kits. If you did any pairings, please, first of all things, post your couple in the Breeding Area, as Baal stated above! Since we lost the official records, I don't know who owns which kits (I'm not a computer, kthnx). If you remember which kits you got, then PM me, Shrewdberry, and tell me, precisely which kits you got from the breeding. You will receive their URLs in a reply.

I honestly believe that you guys are mature enough to be TRUTHFUL about it. So please don't lie, because then consequences will happen. And I bet you don't want that. ;]

Haha, Ticky beat me to it. P= Love you Ticky. <3
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/08/2008 12:12 AM

What about the breedings that were going on? Moofius and I had just finished a Paragon breeding... Is that still going to "happen?"

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/08/2008 12:15 AM

I do believe your breeding was over, so yes, you will still get eggs from your breeding. :3
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Tick-Tock » 09/08/2008 12:15 AM

Post the parents in the breeding area, I guess. Or just make a thread for the room, if it hadn't been moved out of the breeding area already. Just for the record, so we know who the parents are, so Baal can make the eggs. No need to redo the entire breeding, though.

Tick-Tock
DO THE ASTRAL PLANE
DO THE ASTRAL PLANE
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 09/08/2008 12:21 AM

What about the new members? I wonder if it deleted them or not XD
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Tick-Tock » 09/08/2008 12:22 AM

It did.

Tick-Tock
DO THE ASTRAL PLANE
DO THE ASTRAL PLANE
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 09/08/2008 12:40 AM

*gasp*
Poor new people  ):
Well.
I shall have to set up my Dumplings again  .___.
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/08/2008 12:51 AM

And, like with everything else, I'll need to be re-notified of any Lucain trades that have happened between now and the back up date. And I'll need you all to repost everything in the Lucain List and Locater. I didn't manage to get a back up from the latest update.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2874
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 09/08/2008 12:55 AM

What of our KS?
I can't pay for my bid anymore.  T^T
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/08/2008 12:57 AM

If you made ks by posting, then you'll just have to remake it. If you did so by selling stuff, just go back through with the sells that went through.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2874
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/08/2008 12:57 AM

Well then just cancel the bid. We can't give everyone everything they said they had. Lost posts means lost KS. Also if you got money from a pet trade, since that trade has been undone by this event that KS is with the original owner. Everything since the 20th is just starting over. Don't whine about it either. >> You'll live.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Next