Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

.:Calling All Roleplayers!!!:.

Postby BaalsBaby » 10/16/2007 1:57 AM

~**~

Calling all good roleplayers! Feel like you wanna help out Evelon? Do you just LOVE to spend time reading other peoples roleplays? Want to make a difference?

If you've answered yes to some, if not all of, these questions, then you may qualify to become Evelon's next (2nd) Random Event! Yes, there will be two Random Events! The one YOU'RE going to apply for will be in charge of finding roleplays and handing out the Wild pets, NOT creating situations in which to obtain KS and whatnot. This is solely because Baal really does not have the time or patience to read through roleplays and produce a proper response for each situation, let alone remember them (Didn't I say I have bad memory already?) :P What we're looking for is a person who will respect the system and NOT give out pets to just their friends or shower people with millions of Wild Pets at a time. No. We want a responsible person who will take the time to sit down and read through, randomly pick awaiting roleplayers, and most inmportantly be able to contact us mods on a regular basis on your actions. We'll need you to PM Ticky about any pets you give out, and be able to come online pretty regularly. ((You'll be rewarded by the way. :)))

So... you think you have what it takes? Then tell us WHY we should choose you! The applicants will be sifted through and chosen for a secret Mod voting! Now get to posting!
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 10/16/2007 2:06 AM

I would like to be the next Random Event. This is because I would love to help people find wild pets to bond with and tame. Also, I think I write quite well, and I can create interesting situations for the meeting of pets. All I would really need is a reference sheet on the habits of each type of pet. (e.g. The sacrifice needed to bond with a Hunter) I would not go overboard and give people insane amounts of pets, and I would look for good roleplays before introducing a pet. I would also try not to be biased. Please pick me! *hopeful look*
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/16/2007 2:56 AM

Does currently being in a wild pet hunt disqualify me? I may have to leave it soon anyway, since it looks like my character's mother is annoyed with her vagabond-ish ways and is going to try and dump her in the army to "teach her discipline." Hua boy. Anyway, I would very much like to be the next random event. I don't really have anyone here to be biased towards yet, as I'm still a relative newbie. I love to write, and I think I do so quite creatively. I love to play with the "rules" of worlds, so I think I'd be good at figuring out which roleplays should get pets and how. And I can handle statistical stuff pretty well, if that's necessary. =) Also, I just really love to help! Way back when I was younger, I was an admin at a now-defunct RP site, and I did pretty well. It's dead now, so I can't produce; you'll have to take my word for it, unfortunately.

One caveat is that if I do get the position, I will ask TONS of questions, because I like to know all the nitty-gritty, and I like to really know the rules I'm working with. I may be annoyingly nosey. (I think I've already demonstrated that proclivity in the War FAQ, heh.) I do apologize, but years of playing Magic (the game) have made me a real nut about these sort of things. Heh. ~_~;

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Moofius » 10/16/2007 3:02 AM

Ah... Now this would be something I would enjoy with every fiber of my being!

As you all know I'm on this site... Most everyday. (If I'm not on I'm pretty sure people get a little freaked out)
Though I admit I'm not the greatest RPer, I'm not terrible, nor do I butcher the language. I usually review a post (unless rushed) for spelling mistakes and for improvements I can make on the post.

I love making people happy, though I know restraint and won't be giving them out willy-nilly. I don't favour people, if there's somebody I don't like, well, I know that maybe I don't like them, but a Mr. Wilson might find them perfect.
It's not my decision, but that of the wild creature, atleast that's how I see it.

Though I've mentionned I'm 'lazy' on the IRC, when given a job or task I take it as the utmost of importance and fulfill my duties (unless I suddenly come down with 'death' and then...well. Can't help to much in the afterlife X3) ASAP.

I've been a member on Evelon for a fairly long time and I know my way around the rules well enough, and the members too. So it's obvious that I'm quite commited to the site and won't just *poof!* on you all.

Thank you for considering me for this job. -bows and skitters-
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby water_kira_fire » 10/16/2007 5:02 AM

Oh a new Random Event Person? ^^ Sounds fun!

Well, I'm on pretty much every day with usually not much to do other than to roleplay, I not too much into Rping with others, just a lurker mainly, but being the next Random Event Person may give me something to do other than to just sit back and stare at the blinding screen, like I was doing over my long weekend.
If I was going to be the next Random Event, then I would go through the roleplays in which creatures could be given, I personally like playing the creature rather than a person. I truly don't know most of the members here, I know some of them, but not too well, so sifting through the Roleplays and who gets it wouldn't be a big problem to me, as that I see everyone as just a member of the site, rather than a Mod, widely known person, etc. I just don't pay too much attention to that, plus, my strange computer won't let me get onto the IRC, plus with my Dad being monitor and all, I don't read chats, nor do I really go onto the Gossip/Chatter section anymore.
Will I be leaving anytime soon? I don't think so ^^. I've been a member of the Lands of Evelon, since it started at the Hidden Crossroads, and I loved it even when it didn't have all the interesting places, wild creatures, breeding rooms, and such. I just took a wide interest in the Creatures and art. It was an Evelon creature that caught my attention, when a subeta user had one on their profile. I found it quite interesting and decided to waltz myself down to the site, then I ran into the Forums for the creatures and I've been stuck here ever since.
As said before, going through the many roleplays shouldn't be too much of a problem; it would mainly have to be done on the weekends or times when I have free time, in which I truly have the computer to myself with no distractions. I'm not too much of an Rper myself, choosing to read other's Roleplays rather than to actually do my own, and I won't be participating in the war, no matter how much those prizes tempt me -grabby grabby-, just can't do it especially since I said I was going to be Neutral so even more time since I won't be training and battling.
I would like to help out Evelon and make others happy, there hasn't been too many Wild Creatures running about and everyone loves to run into things. Plus, if I get to be the Random Event person, I get to be a Wombear running away from the crazed Human or that Mr. Wilson shouting out random phrases at the Terrence Park. I do know not to just rush at it and make the user do one post, unless it's very long and specific, about just seeing the creature and how cute it was and how much they just wanted to touch it, wanted one, etc. I first thought that way with this one cat from a neighbors of my cousins, tame and all too. Very...jumpy I guess, once you took one step at it, it'd already run up the wall and to the other side, so there would be no easy way for the member to obtain the Wild Creature, unless they've made a very thought out specific post that includes excruciating details and actions.
So overall, another random person here that would love to be the next Random Event and continue to stalk other people's Roleplays and make other's happy by being active and gives out Wild Creatures to those deserving of them.
Okay speech done, back to my lurking ^^.
water_kira_fire
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 420
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/16/2007 8:10 AM

Weelll. I myself don't care for getting too many of the wild creatures. I am happy with the hunter that I have now. This doesn't mean that I don't want to apply for the job! <3

I am online very, very often(quite a few hours per day), and I'm not afraid to ask questions to you or Ticky(or another mod) when I need help. I often see many request for those who are looking for a certain pet, and I feel sad that none of them seem to be getting a wild creature. I want to fix this, but at the same time I'd make sure to keep to the wild creature's availablity. More Mr. Wilsons would be appearing then Hunters since the Hunter is classified as rare.

Giving to only friends? No way! I know that everyone deserves the chance to get one of the wild creatures, and not just those that I talk to often. Most for those that I talk to often don't look for many wild creatures anyways. XD

Ummm... What I'm getting toward is pretty easy to sum up.
  -I'm online really often.
  -I'd be fair about how many pets go out and to who.
  -I'd read up on the roleplay a bit to make sure to come in at a good spot.
  -I've been roleplaying for a while and can, for the most part, spell correctly.
  -I take any chance I can to help out the staff! <3

*points at Moofie* Except 'chu! You get no critters!!
Kinding. You know I luffs 'chu.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1590
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/16/2007 4:38 PM

Ooh, this sounds like my kind of job!

Okay, I want to be the next Random Event person because I am on the computer almost everyday. I come and update the RPs I am in quickly, and the other sites I have joined I either do not go to or do not visit as often. I am also fairly new, and even though I have a few friends here at Evelon does not mean that I will only give it to them. I am good at finding the person who really deserves it, and I think my standards for gaining a wild pet are good. I would only give it to someone who wrote her posts in much detail and has had at least over 30 posts in that topic. And if you could ask my friends, I am a crazy reader and I enjoy roleplays very much. If you ask someone who knows me, they'll say I can NEVER put down a book until I finish it. And I do see that many people look for the rare pets, which would raise my standards for giving them out. I also have a lot of time to read all these and come to a decision(I'm on from around 6 to 9 PM. ^^; I'm crazy and have no life!). I barely have anything to do after school, so you can always expect me on. If I am ever NOT on, I'll make sure to make up that time over the weekend. It'll also give me a better sense of understanding that not everyone qualifies for a pet until they reach a certain point. And even though I would like one, I am willing to drop out of my thread of looking for a Hunter so more people have a chance to get their pet. I will not give myself freebies, and I promise to be as fair as I can. This would give me a feeling that I'm doing something that helps the roleplay, because I'm not very good at sports, and this gives me something to feel a bit of accomplishment if someone is at the right place to gain a pet.

^^ I hope that's good enough for you! I don't know what else I could say.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/16/2007 4:44 PM

Toxic likes to help, plus I obsessively read roleplays. So so, I must now go through with my temptation to apply, here we go! (I'm sure it's gonna be a long one.)

Fist and foremost, I'm on Evelon everyday; usually all day (taking out school, though I'm on now and at school thanks to my two computer classes for 5th and 6th period) or at the least an hour. Of course, there are those few understandable exceptions such as going on vacation for a few days, which I generally announce to give everyone a head up anyway. Plus, I even bend my hours late to early, so I believe that I can cover a good range of time which the mass of members are on, plus some that come on more sparingly or at unusual times.

As a few people would know just from my random ranting, I'm constantly reading someone else's roleplay. It's like my form of entertainment and I love seeing what's going on. In doing such a thing already, and enjoying it, I know that becoming the second random event is something that I'd enjoy doing while also having the opportunity to help this site, which I adore. Running about reading roleplays makes a perfect pastime, so being able to play a wild creature into someone's roleplay properly would be quite an easy thing. I'd even enjoy being able to interact through the wild creature that I'm representing, acting upon certain factors like the species personalities and such. I believe I'm good at fitting into character and can even create some rather entertaining happenings while the wild creature is interacting with another. Making the scenarios would be fun. Previously speaking of how much I love this site, it's the only one I'm ever willing to spend real money on while also convincing my father to let me use his dang paypal. I don't know what that means to you all, but maybe you can understand its difficulties. I know for a fact that I won't be leaving anytime soon. Heck, you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming if you wanted to take me away.

If one dares to wonder rather or not I would be fair in the distribution of wild creatures, I can assure you that I would be. I'm the type of person who actually likes doing this sort of helpful work and doing it fairly, to the T. I keep strictly to the rules and all about the fairness when it comes to site running matters in anyway. I put extra effort into keeping to guidelines and all as well as understanding the importance of this job. Hey, I actually love doing mod work and I'm pleased to say that I have never even received a warning. (I tend to inform other's of rules when I can make a correction.) I've also been a Mod on other forums, going back as far as four-five years. Though, I must say that some have come and gone. I am admin for one of my own smaller forums as well as the major technical, rules, programming type admin for Okko's forum, Ladelle Cosmosis. Yet, I still have time I'm willing to spare. Multitasking is great and I always need to keep myself busy. Doing what I love sure does help with that. I'm on so much, a single site or two still by fair doesn't fill up all my time.

I wouldn't, in anyway, just discriminate users and abuse powers just to help my friends. Random event is random, and that is how it should be. Work is separated from friends and such, shouldn't be influenced by outside pretenses. I'd be conservative with the creatures, working with and keeping to any guidelines that I am given.

I even have a strange obsession with creating lists for helpful purposes and making sure things are recorded well, so reporting information to another mod is something I'd be sure to do. Oh yes, and I also do my best to keep grammar and spelling in check. Reading it over and I selected a web browser that has an automatic spell check for a double check. (-loves spell check-)

Now the only small matter of concern is that there is one wild creature that I, myself, would love to have, since I have a whole little story for one. A Mr. Wilson. Now, I am willing to drop my hunts for one, despite my love for them. As any other official admin/mod, if I really wanted to get one, I could try my luck and trading. The chance may come up. Or the matter could be discussed otherwise. Like, if it's workable, the first random event may happen to random event me if such a time was ever decided to come? Either way, I hope you'll take me into consideration upon the selection of the second random event. I'd love the job and I'm positive that I'd do a good job of it.

So, thank you for reading over my application post here. And I apologize if I bothered you by writing so much, it's one of my habits in these type of cases.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Terri's ramble. <33

Postby Terri » 10/16/2007 4:47 PM

Why should you pick me?  Ho hum.  This'll be hard, since I don't wanna seem...Iunno, prissy?  I'll give it a shot, though.

Lemme start by saying that I positively live for roleplaying.  Not only on Evelon, but roleplaying in general.  I've been a roleplayer for...oh, a bit over a year?  I didn't seriously get into paragraph roleplay until March 2007 when I joined the dream of Draconigena, a feral wolf roleplay with great patrons and total awesomeness.   ...Nanyways.  Although my posts are occasionally longer than necessary, I'm adept at getting my point across, and try to avoid unnecessary gick.  I know many people hate having to wade through a huge post to find that tiny tidbit of information, so I try to take mercy on my roleplay buddies by making my posts fairly short and easy to interpret.

And enough about my roleplaying; onto my Out Of Character traits.  In other words, the girl behind the keyboard.
Oh, joy! 8D

I'm in grade nine, first year old highschool.  My name in the real world shall forever remain secret, but most of my 'net friends know me as Terri, Tari, Terry or something of the like.  I enjoy roleplaying (GASP! O:), drawing, singing, and helping people out.  I suppose all that's a little unnecessary, but eh.  Oh, and I'm Canadian.  So um.  I say 'eh' a lot. :D  ...I like to think I'm smart, but that's debatable, I'm sure.  I amfair, though, always.  Favoritism for friends irkes me.  Lots.  What else?  I'm fair, lenient, and have an imagination. 8D  And though I'm young, I'm mature.  Believe it or not. :P  I have common sense, and a sturdy sense of right and wrong.

Umm.  Would some references help?  I currently hold two jobs online.  The first is in the dream of Draconigena, which I adore, on the MMORPG called Furcadia.  The second job is for Furcadia itself; I'mma Welcomer Beekin.  You should've seen the form I had to fill out for that; it was huge.  And I had to walk around the maps 'till my brain fried.  Took me four hours. xDD  It was worth it in the end, though, because now I get to help those who are new to the game to get settled in.  It's a great job, and though I'm not the very best at it, it's so much fun to help out the new people, show them around, introduce them to people, help them make friends.  I love it.

And I actively check the site, even if I'm not involved in many roleplays at a time.  I don't want to get in over my head, take on more responsibility than I can hendle.  I do think I can handle being a Random Event, though.  It'd be so much...fun. 8D  I'd have incentive to keep going, because, well...it's fun. xP  I'd love the opportuntity to do something for this site.  I've been on my fair share of virtual pet things, and I've had my group of friends, my homies, the people that I became close to and was able to help out or be helped out by.  Ily, Monica. <33  But this is an opportunity to really do something great for a game that has so much potential.  I want to be a part of Evelon.  I want to influence things.  I want...power? xDD;  No.  But I do want a chance to let my talents make this a better place to be.

If you actually read all that, you deserve an apple pie. <33  To end my little application, I'd like to say that I really, really would love to be given the position.  And if you'd like to know a bit more about me, I could copy and paste that four hour long application I used to apply for Beekin-ness.  I saved it on Word. :D

Good luck to everyone, and happy living~ <3

[[Side note -- the edit was a) to turn off smilies and b) to fix typos.  I didn't change anything else about the application. ]]
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/16/2007 6:18 PM

Weell, for starters, I'm on Evelon every single day, and for as long as I can stay on (which is normally at least 3 hours xD). Evelon is my life, pretty much. XD And I'm also a pretty good reader and writer, though I say so myself. You can check any of my posts if you want. Hmm... let's see, I've got posts in Idalani Falls, Baian Swamp, Jawan the Sea City, Basantha Shrine, Vast Plains... Probably some others but they're not coming to mind right now. xD. Here's a link to a roleplay in Basantha Shrine that I posted in: Here.

I'm not gonna lie and tell you that I have experience with being anything like a moderator, 'cuz I don't. But I think it would be a good experience for me. And also, I often have tons of free time on Evelon, and end up poking around, trying to find something to do. This would be a great way to occupy my extra time - reading other people's roleplay, and deciding who to give a Wild Creature to.

So far as deciding who to give the creature to, I would try to be impartial to everyone. And I wouldn't just focus on the quality and length of posts, but also the thought behind it. It's not only fancy writing that matters, but also the reasoning behind it. It's the thought that counts! xD Also, it's not just the super good role players who deserve to have the Wild Creature. After all, it is supposed to be a "Random" Event. XD

I would also pay attention to any rules, and ask any questions that I have before starting. But I usually catch on pretty quick. This job sounds like something that I would truly enjoy, and I believe that I am committed enough for this task. It would be fun to come up with posts and to read through roleplays, finding the one that I want to give a Wild Creature. Oh, and I would also pay attention to how common they are for how frequently I would give them out.

Err.. about the real me?.. 'Tis secret! ... Just kidding, here ya go! *tosses you diary*

Well.. I am an animal obsessed teen, who loves to roleplay, read, write and draw. Yesh, besides roleplaying, I also write stories. I hope to publish at least one story someday. I have an extremely good imagination, even though I'm getting to the point where it's starting to diminish.. Dx. I hate growing up!

Anyway.. more about me... I spend at least five hours a day on the computer, I think.. even on weekdays when I have school! :O I get on just before leaving for school to check the new topics, then I get on again once I'm done with my homework. Yesh, I'm way too obsessed with Evelon!! XD

Also, I am a grammar and punctuation freak. I'm constantly pointing out errors to my friends and family, and if I see a mistake in one of my posts, I always go back and edit. Always. XD

Besides Evelon, there are other sites where I have roleplayed. I love virtual pets/roleplaying sites, and the other sites that I have roleplayed in include: Zetapets (*cough* don't ask!), Subetapets, Neopets, East Wind (a forum that died - not enough people Dx).. and there was another one, a forum, but I didn't really roleplay there. Me and meh buddy were waiting for more people to join, but they never did, and then we both lost the url. T'was very disappointing. I was a sort of moderator there, I guess, but I never did anything.

And... that's all, I think. ^^ Good luck to all the contestants!

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Kelica » 10/16/2007 7:21 PM

I would be interested in being the second random event. Well, I am really quite active (I have been the only one online many times), and I don't plan on going *poof* anytime soon, nor do I have a super busy schedule or anything (I would most certainly alert you if I were going on vacation and computer-less or something like that, Evelon IS my second life you know). I really do like reading other peoples roleplays and if I was required to read them that would be fine by me, as I sometimes even stalk roleplays I'm not a part of. ^^ About writing, well, I don't roleplay very often, but I am quite literate if I do say so myself. (Example here and here are examples if ya want 'em 8D) I don't have any experience with being a mod or anything, but I was one at a semi-dead forum that was revived (unfourtunately after I lost the URL D=). So that's just about it.

About the real me? I don't think it's a very wise idea to put it here, but if ya want to know my exact schedule 'tis fine by me.
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
ImageImageImageImageImage
In the meantime, would you mind clicking them? x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 97
Donate

Postby Kricket » 10/16/2007 9:25 PM

*cracks knuckles* Alrighty, lets get started.

I would like to be the new Random Event. Why? Well there are a but load of reasons - most are really small >.< - for it. Firstly, I enjoy reading peoples role plays a whole bunch. Thats what I do most of the time as it is. When I'm not in role plays, I read other peoples role plays, I read my friends role plays, and I reread my roleplays. Weird, I know, but it keeps me entertained. :3

Secondly, I am on Every. Single. Day. Every one of them! I get on after school and homework - which is Southern Californian time peeps - and I stay on. For hours. And hours. On and on and on. You get my drift.

Also, I know the meaning of "Fairness", so I would know how to grade people on how close they are, or wether or not they get a Wild pet. I have often dreamed of getting one, but personally, I really don't have the time for a long standing role play right now - with the big War and all :3 - and I prefer private roleplays.

Now, my application might not be the longest, or the best written, or the most literate, but honistly, I've put feeling into what I have here. I'm not going to be a robot and say "I want this job for these reasons...." I'm saying I want this job because I'm a human being, and I want to help out. I'm not going to beg you - I personally hate it and would never stoop to such a level - but I would like you to know that I really, really want this job. I often feel as though I haven't done enough for Evelon, and this might be my chance to do it. So, please, take my application into consideration.

Thank you.

*stretches back* I think I've done good. Now, for some candy. *troddles off*
ImageImage
Kricket
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 10/16/2007 9:50 PM

Hmm...its a good question.  Surely there are many others who would make good Random Events.  So why me?

Well, the thing is, I not only love writing, but I also love to read.  I wouldn't mind starting up little posts explain why random events happen, and what you have to do to get the items.  Quite the oppisite, actually.  I love making up stories that fit with random happenings.  I did it for a class I  took over the summer.  ^^  For fun, too.

I'm active.  For almost an hour almost every day, I'm on.  Usually between the hours of 7-9, but still on.  I've only missed when I was at a party (and my friend had no internet...) and when the servers were offline.  Other than that.  Every day.  

I used to be an administrator of mine very own site.   :lol: It died though... But I was still an admin.  *cough*  I have four out of five stars on a different site, too, so I had some respect.  Not power, but respect...

I'm currently writing my very own story, though I'm not comfortable with posting it online, simply 'cause I plan to have it finished and published in 2 or so years and... I'm supper nervous and excited happy like.  If I ever finish it!!!!  But still...

As for deciding what creature thingy to give to whomever, I'd do it total randomly.  I'd probably do, like, evey other 10 posts or every 15th,or maybe just put the names in a hat and chose 10 (or however many I would be allowed to give out...)  Never would I dream of giving it to my friends just because they are my friends.  I probably wouldn't even tell them if I got the job or not, so they wouldn't ask me for it, and I wouldn't be pressured.  ^^

As for reading other roleplays, I do it all of the time.  I read quite often (for fun, of course ^^) and when I'm out of books that I haven't read 5 times over (not kidding) then I'll long on and read some of the longer roleplays,  Weird, I know, but... I'm weird.  

I'm new to the site, it's not hard to see that.  But Evelon is my major roleplaying site now.  I go on my othersites sometimes, yes, but only in rare cases of boredom.  And on Evelon, that rarley ever happens.  

And that is why I want to be the next Random Event. I promise I would never abuse my powers!
Its 2:45, the baby takes his first breath
The mother never knew he only had a few left.
And the father gets a call in the middle of the night.
His breathe gets short and his chest gets tight.

But he’s sixteen and he’s driving too fast
Takes a turn to the left, it would be his last.
Nobody knows what happens if he turns to the right
Nobody in the car would have died that night.

But he’s thirty-two and invincible
The cancer that he had, it was visceral.
He never saw it coming, though he had his whole life.
Sick in the morning and he died in the night.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 88
Donate
Location: How do you say 'under your bed' in a way that's not creepy...

Postby Mojave » 10/16/2007 11:16 PM

I've been a member for a while, and I've always wanted to do more than just play here. I'm online pretty much every day, if only for long enough to read the updates, check the shops, breeder's listings and breeding area and my pms. I don't believe being the second Random Event would be too much of a hassle, as I'd rather enjoy it. I'm probably an intermediate roleplayer as I'm not too simplistic nor am I too advanced, and I think I'm rather fair. I wouldn't hand out pets to just anyone, nor would I hand out too many. I don't know what method I'd use to choose who gets a pet and when, but I would try to pick them based on how long they've been searching, how much they want that pet, and weather I believe them to be a good home for special pets. Thanks for considering!
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/18/2007 8:57 AM

Hmm... Second Random Event? =3

I'd sure like to become it. I have no life, and therefore am online every day (unless dragged by my merciless parents Dx), so I would be able to read through the RPs and see if one would be alright to give out the pet, demanding if the RPers are actually looking for one, or if they're just messing around, waiting for it to just show up (hey, you gotta work to get something xP).

I wouldn't give pets to my friends or myself. It would kill the entire purpose of finding wild pets if EVERYONE would be getting them. I would create another topic for one, and I would search for a wild pet. I've obtained a few before, and I like hunting for them. It gives you a good purpose to RP. ^^

I'm actually rather picky, so I honestly doubt many would be getting the pets HopHopRightAway. xP Yes, I would give them out, but not in industrial quantity. Because, as I said above, it would kill the fun of hunting for the pets.

I'm also aware of the rarety of most of the pets, and if I need to, I'd check the official website and see maybe how maybe posts I have in mind for them to actually find the pet in question, depending on the rarety. They would also need to form a fresh bond with a wild pet (obviously) before getting the code for it.

Umm... In other words:
-I'm on all the time.
-I would read the Wild Pets RP and think about the current case and see if said RPer is doing a good job trying to find the pet.
-I would report my actions to Tick-Tock regurlarly.
-I love helping Evelon and it would make me happy to be able to help you out. <3

Thank you for taking the time to read this. ^_^
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Next