For those of you who are looking for Roleplay partners may post your ads here! You can offer potential characters to RP and potential storylines to find potential partners! There's nothing like a nice RP to break the ice.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roleplay Advertisements

Here we go again... (Lifemate Hunt)

Postby Jessari » 12/21/2010 9:51 PM

M'kay, several of my pets need lifemates, and since I'm kinda interested to see what gets thrown at them, here they are! If I see a match that catches my eye, I'll contact you to set up a roleplay between them. The roleplay will help both of us determine whether our pets would go well together or not, and we should be able to finalize the process after that (or in the middle of that, if we see they've really clicked).  Some of them I'll be more picky with than others, so if I turn you down, don't take it as a personal slight. :)

Also, since I enjoy breeding my lifemated pets, please make sure the applicants are the same species. Something else to note: while I will accept same-gender breedings, I will not accept same-gender lifematings, so make sure your pet is the opposite gender.

Now, enough of my blabbering - on to the pets! :D

Name: Arlington 'Arlie' Dumas
Lineage: Custom

Part of the cursed branch of the Dumas Clan, Arlie can give you directions to any place you want to go, but if he tried to walk there himself, he'd probably get completely lost. He tends to get lost several times a week, even if he's headed somewhere he's been hundreds of times. It irritates him, but since he's normally a laid-back sort of person, he tries not to let it show. Since anyone who walks with him is likely to find themselves lost as well, he tries to turn it into an adventure of sorts. If he gets lost with someone who isn't a family member, they'd better watch out! He'll probably interrogate them, seeing it as an opportunity to get to know them better. He always carries a small backpack around when away from the house; if he gets lost alone, he is well-prepared to entertain himself with his mp3 player, a good book, and a stash of cash just in case he needs to stop for some grub. When safe at home, Arlie likes watching chick-flicks and the occasional soap opera, although he tries to hide this from his siblings. Old black-and-white movies are also on the list of things he enjoys.

Restrictions: None

Name: Namaste

About Namaste
Namaste is a beautiful woman, a tiny, delicate wisp of a thing that immediately brings out the protector (and occasionally the wolf) in the male species. Just by looking at her, you can tell she's a classy lady, her hair done up in a glossy black bun and her custom-fitted clothes accentuating every curve. She holds herself aloof from 'normal' people, only associating with them if it is absolutely necessary.

What you wouldn't know from her appearance is that Namaste isn't human at all. She is the illegitimate child of a goddess, shunned by both her parents and barred from the high realms of the gods. Her true form would appear as a black tongue of smoke and ash, but it isn't convenient for travelling among the humans. Instead, she takes up residence in whichever human body catches her fancy. Human flesh was not designed to channel all the power she possesses, so her host bodies tend to collapse under the strain after several months. During their decline, her host bodies are more easily fatigued and tend to be sickly, catching whatever illness might be going around. The time can vary, depending on how often she uses her abilities, but she dare not switch bodies until she absolutely has to. Not only does she wish to avoid the notice of the more righteous gods who might take action against her, switching bodies takes a lot out of her, leaving her vulnerable as she settles into her new form.

As far as powers, she has various parlor tricks she can pull when needed. The strongest of her abilities are these: the power of persuasion/hypnosis (which comes in handy when convincing a rich bachelor to shower her with favors), and the power to take any wound on an opponent's body and cause it to worsen a hundred-fold. If needed, Namaste could cause someone to die of something as simple as a papercut. This comes in handy whenever someone discovers her secret. This little vixen loves to cover her tracks.

Note: Looking for a male with a darker personality and some powers of his own that will encourage Namaste to respect him (although she'll probably never admit it if she does). Really, I'd like a Bonnie and Clyde type team, a pair who would get into all kinds of trouble together without worrying about morals and other such trifles :P

Name: Gravity

About Gravity
If you run into this boy during the day, you will likely find him helping people, whether it be the stereotypical old lady crossing the road, or retrieving a cat out of the highest tree on the block. Try to talk to him, however, and you'll find someone who is a little gruff, who has trouble meeting your eye, and who is never, ever seen after dark. It seems that nearly everyone in town knows who he is and has a kind word to say about him, but no one knows where he lives or where he came from.

This particular Paragon has a problem, a secret that he shares with absolutely no one. During the day, he has no trouble walking around as a human or a Paragon, but once the shadows of night touch him, he turns into a marble statue. This leaves him very vulnerable until the sun rises the following morning, so he takes refuge in a very special graveyard. It exists as a bridge between realities, and also as a safe haven for abnormal or cursed creatures like him. Normal beings can only enter if extended a special invitation from one of the inhabitants.

Although not exactly a people-person, Gravity is under the belief that if he builds up enough good karma, he might just be released from his curse. Thus he continues to live the life of a do-gooder by day, and a statue by night in the hopes that someday he'll be able to live a normal life.

Name: Cassidy Dumas
Lineage: Regalo x Iounia

Out of all the Dumas siblings, Cassidy is the most cheerful. He takes any opportunity to play the clown, willing to make a complete fool out of himself to squeeze a smile out of his sister or brothers. Although he is a little calmer around non-relatives, he is still a little bit of a ham.

He is also dogged by the family curse. For him, it means that even though the forecast for the day might be sunny and pleasant, chances are good that it'll start to storm the instant he steps outside. Although he doesn't mind the rain personally, it makes it difficult for him to enjoy outdoor activities with friends, who generally prefer to stay dry. It can also make Spring storms more dangerous, and during the Winter, he confines himself to the Dumas residence for the safety of others.

Name: Brevia
Species: Fallen Luhna
Brevia is the youngest child of Axis, along with her twin brother, Cassidy. Her portion of the family curse has, for the most part, taken on a more physical form than that of her siblings. Her mouth has been cruelly stitched shut by a thread which, due to its magical origins, cannot be severed or unwound. Looking like a freak is hardly the worst of it; she cannot speak, and she's been afflicted with the symptoms of someone with a severe case of Broca's aphasia: it is very difficult for her to communicate, whether it be through writing or sign language. Words come out of order, and segments of sentences might be completely missing, although her mind is as sharp as anyone else's. The closest she can come to communicating besides expressions and gestures is through her elaborate drawings and sketches.

In keeping with her Fallen Luhna form (soon to come), Brevia can see ghosts. Some are nice, some are nasty, and some are just plain confused. Since she is unable to eat human foods without having a feeding tube stuck in her neck, Brevia has no choice but to absorb these spirits as nourishment. Hating this way of life, she waits until she is nearly starving before feeding, and then she chooses only the cruelest spirits or those who seem to be suffering.

Name: Kisa
Species: Memorial Kuhna
Kisa is a young woman who has a power she considers a curse. She can heal the wounds of others simply by looking at the person, but those wounds then appear on her own body. She's polite, yet very distrustful of others. This stems mainly from the fact that when she was a child, she was kidnapped from her family and forced to heal on command. The organization that kidnapped her used her to make a lot of money, healing only people who could pay their high sums. She was rescued from them after a few months, but her experiences have left her scarred.

She's small, dark-skinned and thin, and always wears a blindfold to protect herself from her own powers. Due to this, she's very adept at finding her way around using her other senses, even more so than a person who was truly blind. Another power, perhaps?

Name: Pagoda
Species: Spectrakuhna
Pagoda is one of the bounciest young ladies you've ever seen, always acting as if she's just devoured a bag of sugar a few minutes before. Her life revolves around one thing: fireworks. Seriously, this girl would set off a Thunder Dragon rocket in the middle of a blizzard just to see how it would affect the storm's sights and sounds. The louder the better! If you can stand her hyperness and her tendency to lose track of the current topic, you will have found yourself a great friend who will stick by you in any situation.
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Re: Here we go again... (Lifemate Hunt)

Postby Mousen » 12/21/2010 10:22 PM

Hee~ Any of your kuhnas go with heem? He gets on well with most people really and he can be quite understanding, at the end of the day... *Gives up character related ramble and squishes a Jessari with small wall of text*

Morte is a gentleman, he's very reserved and very polite. Infact he is rather like the classic Victorian or Edwardian you might see portrayed in a movie somewhere. Morte Cabaza tends to be rather secretive, it's very hard to know what he is thinking. He's very good at dodging around the truth, avoiding having to lie, he might make hints at things that aren't true or things that are, all in all it's very hard to know when he speaks the truth or not. Morte is a showman and quite frankly a show off he never misses the oportunity to show off his skill. What skill? You ask, well Morte is a juggler, a great one at that. He works for avery mysterious Circus that bases themselves (when they aren't touring) at Whisper Forest. They seem to turn up when you least expect it and the circus itself is one of reknown skill they only hire the very best of the best, their reputation is probably enflamed by the many rumours that surround the place, not only about the many disapearances the circus entertains but the many strange members, stretching from the Ringmaster that never seems to sleep to the dangerous Magician who's assistants never stay long.

Surrounded in controversy the Circo de Luces is still, by far one of the best and most little known circuses around, almost always they all practise in secrecy, never letting the secret of their tricks leave Whisper Forest. Morte himself is unique in the fact he juggles witchlights, unlike normal witchlights, these are completely solid and circular, they are best seen in the dark, when the fantastic colours have a better chane to be seen and the streaks of light they leave to be believed. Morte not only juggles his witchlights but he'll also juggle everything from swords to guinea pigs. Like all members of the Circus of Light (Circo de Luces in Gaelic) he wears a mask and he is never seen without it. Morte was one of the first members of the circus and he's a very close friend of the ringmaster, Silas is one of the only people Morte truly respects.

He is a very intelligent person with very quick wits, you'll quickly lose respect in his eyes if you can't keep up with his riddles and banter. It's a rare person he can't outwit. Most people he finds to be below his standard, even though he gets on with people who perhaps aren't as quick as himself Morte always finds the best company in those of great intelligence, for this he could be considered something of a snob. If you were to accuse him of being such a thing he'd laugh and heartily agree with you. Morte values his friends highly and he won't stand around to see them picked on, he's a very brave man and the only thing that truly scares him is the sinister Magician of the circus. Once he's angered he tends to turn quite cold, he's not the person you'd want to anger, his witty banter turns into witty sharp tongued insults. Normally he does insult the people he's close to as a sign of affection, though it's quite easy to seperate that from the icey-sharp tone he uses when he's been offended in some way.

One of the rumours that surrounds Morte was the fact that he is undead, that's not true, he is infact half undead. One of the reasons he always seems so out of touch with the modern world. He was stabbed in a tragic 'accident' while juggling cutlasses. While his mentor died, Morte was able to be saved, in a way. Morte has recently taken up a student, a young, eager batti by the name of Annabelle, Morte is very pround of her and her sharp tongued manner, not that he'd ever say that to her face mind you.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Jessari » 12/21/2010 11:23 PM

Oooh, heh. I'm thinking maybe Pagoda? *bounces* She'd be very intrigued by his witchlight and wouldn't pay attention to the occasional insult. There's actually a bit more to her story than I put up there (slightly outdated info), but I think it'd make for an even better match. :3 We could plan out something through pm's, if you'd like.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/21/2010 11:32 PM

Hmm, hmmmmmm. I've wanted to post here for a while, but. xD I just didn't know who to put with anyone. 8c;

But! Would Miroslav maybe interest you for Kisa?

Hmm, I don't have much about Miroslav, as in... his description isn't written yet. xD But this is what I have about him from my awful Journal post of rambleness:
The one sibling that is 'invisible' is Miroslav. Miroslav has a very mature control over his powers, and even though you could mistake him for a mute, he is actually the power house of the siblings. He can breathe under water, thanks to special hidden gills in his neck, and he can also manipulate water to his will, using it both for offense and defense. When Malka and Malte can't defeat an enemy, they rely on Miroslave to finish the job. However, as a person, Miroslav is extremely bland. He's not emotionless or depressed, but he simply 'doesn't know' what he likes, what he's good at, what he likes to eat... He's neutral on literally everything. If you ask him what he wants to eat for dinner, he'll probably reply that he's fine with anything. While he has wants and desires like everyone else, he could never express them, and the skill was somewhat buried deep down. Thus, he is actually rather submissive, and he doesn't force his wants on others. He follows the flow. His siblings like to say that, even though none of them should have children, ever, he is definitely the one that should have any, as his caring and quiet nature would make for a very supportive and helpful husband.

I'm proposing him for Kisa since, while he wasn't kidnapped, Miro was submitted to experiments by his father — he was bred for the single purpose of being experimented on, because of his special gene that allows him to control water. He's an extremely quiet and nice guy, and he can certainly retaliate if someone attacks. He could relate to her because of their similar pasts, and I guess we could go from there?
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Jessari » 12/21/2010 11:52 PM

I was hoping you'd show up here sooner or later. *pokes a Shrewd* :P

I think Miro and Kisa would relate to each other, and would make a cute couple once things develop. :3 Like her info says, it takes her a while to warm up to someone, but once she does, she'd probably take it as a personal challenge to get him to figure out what he really wants (be it something as small as what flavor ice cream to buy). *nods head* Ere approves. :)

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/22/2010 12:02 AM

I'd also try for Namaste, but I have nobody to throw at her. xD; I'm awful at evil characters. :T

Hee~ Miro is also human, but he's naturally wary of them because of his past — being experimented on and all that. You can read his plot if you're morbidly bored out of your mind. xD; But it's not mandatory. :u Pretty much that paragraph is all you need. xD

But whee, excite~ 8D~ Man I haven't tried for lifemates in so long, it'll be like the old days. >:T -waves cane-
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/22/2010 12:15 AM

I've been eying this thread for a while. I've just now gotten off my lazy butt and decided to post. X3

Anyways, I think this little girl, Casilde, might be good with Cassidy? Rawr, Cassidy and Casilde - they're so similar~ xD And... her nickname is Cassie. o3o

Cassie is...an odd Kanua to say the least. While most Kanua's are germ-o-phobes, Cassie absolutely loves to get dirty. Maybe there's a chance that she picked up the habit from a mudbelly Lucain? She has a good sense of humor, and good judgment about things, tending not to fall into the troublemaker category. But even though she may be a little different, she still inherits some of the regular Kanua personality. If nothing else, she would have to fall into the category of sweet. She's very playful, although we're still not sure that's a good thing for some (she tends to drag her playmate around to join in on the messy fun - rolling around in dirt, mud slides). But all in all, she's, ah...interesting. And considering she doesn't fancy getting washed...

Ehhhh, she doesn't have a human form just yet (still in the process of making one), but yeah~ :3

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Jessari » 12/22/2010 12:16 AM

Hehe, yeah, having an evil character sounds good in my head, but we've yet to see if the idea will stand the test of time. *crosses fingers*

And Ere totally dug through your journal right after you suggested Miro. I'm apparently morbidly bored to the power of twelve. >.>

So, do Miroslav and his siblings normally keep Kuhna form? It's not an issue either way ~ Ere is just curious. :)

Edit: Hehe, ninja'd by an Atolio! :P I'd be up for trying the two together. She sounds like a lot of fun, and since he's pretty much followed by a raincloud any time he tries to go outdoors, she'd never run short on mud when they're together. XD

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/22/2010 12:20 AM

I'm up for both forms~ They use their human forms by default, but if someone is more comfortable with quad, I'm fine with that too. xD I adapt. c:

And pfft, you are. xD! I write lame rambly walls o' text. 8T But it does leave me with plot details I'll forget down the road, so. 8U~ Reference FTW.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/22/2010 12:41 AM

I found her a human form~ I'd be dead if Photobucket didn't exist. xD I was just too lazy to actually make her a human form. X3 But yeah, here it is~  She's s'possed to be the purple blue-ish haired girl on the left. :3

And I'm ready to roleplay her whenever ya want? ^^

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 12/22/2010 12:49 AM

Atolio: Erm, I probably should've asked this before, but how old is Cassilde? Cassidy is around the 18-19'ish mark, so I'd kinda like him to find a girl near his own age. I know it's sometimes hard to tell by looking at an anime picture, but she looks like she might be a little young for him. :oops:

Shrewd:
Miro is also human, but he's naturally wary of them because of his past.

See, I read that and my brain translated it as "Miro is wary of humans because of his past". Then I assumed that since he was wary of humans, he must not be one himself. It made perfect sense when I went back and reread it. :>_<: I think it's past my bedtime. *is tired of hallucinating and making tons of odd spelling errors, like typing 'pat' instead of 'page'...where did that come from? Yeah, Kisa's human too. I was just willing to throw in a Kuhna form if needed (which apparently it's not, heh). *skitters off to bed*

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/22/2010 12:59 AM

Well, she's around 16 or 17. :3 Almost all my characters (especially the females) look way too young for their age and either act way too mature, or way too playful. X3 They all magically age and they're all weird, in other words. xD

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 12/22/2010 1:02 AM

Lol, we should be safe, then. Cassidy has his serious side too, but he normally acts younger than he actually is. :3 I'm kinda on an rp'ing hiatus until after Christmas, but I'd be more than happy to start something after the holiday buzz is over. :)

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/22/2010 1:13 AM

Okies, that's fine~ :3

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/22/2010 8:30 PM

Jessari wrote:Oooh, heh. I'm thinking maybe Pagoda? *bounces* She'd be very intrigued by his witchlight and wouldn't pay attention to the occasional insult. There's actually a bit more to her story than I put up there (slightly outdated info), but I think it'd make for an even better match. :3 We could plan out something through pm's, if you'd like.

Hee~ Sorry for taking forever to reply. How hyper is Pagoda exactly? Its just because hyper characters like keel my muse. D8;;;

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Next