For those of you who are looking for Roleplay partners may post your ads here! You can offer potential characters to RP and potential storylines to find potential partners! There's nothing like a nice RP to break the ice.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roleplay Advertisements

War Hunts? War Hunts!

Postby crow » 08/09/2015 1:07 AM

Jumping on the bandwagon here. Give me aaaaaall the war hunts please. P:

I don't have a lot of war-suited characters, so a lot of these guys will have motives besides hunting the monster itself. They'll still get dragged into the hunt one way or another though, not to worry.

Erasmus is a vampire. Specifically, he's a Thorn, a hunter of his own kind, responsible for hunting down accidentally-turned vampires and those members of his court that break its laws. At this point in time, however, an attack on his court has left most dead and the survivors scattered, and in the ensuing chaos, his twin sister has gone missing. Erasmus has reason to believe she might have ended up involved in the war somehow, and is setting out in search for her. Decades of servitude and vampiric politics have left him cold and pragmatic. He likely joins the monster hunt investigations to provide cover for his real purposes, or to gain greater access to more areas.

Xavi is a member of the Sentinels, an order of demon hunters from outside Evelon. He's rather irate to find himself here; not only is this realm outside their usual jurisdiction, Xavi himself isn't even a field agent, but an archivist. However, he's been ordered to investigate evidence of demon activities in these parts, and it just so happens that the reports of the attacks started up just as he arrived. He is emphatically not suited for combat, and hopes to find information either from a safe distance from the action or with the aid of someone more fighting-oriented. It's best not to mention his outward age; he's been a 'young boy' for centuries now, and is getting mighty tired of hearing about it.

ImageImage
Esmond and Larkin are wandering adventurers who get dragged into all kinds of stuff. Monster hunts, putting someone's soul to rest, getting the old man's cat down from the tree, anything goes for them, really. They can be RPed either together or separately (though Esmond is easier for me to write than Larkin). Ezzy's main specialty is healing, though he's picked up a few offensive spells here and there in his travels. Larkin's skills lie mainly in pickpocketing or a knife through someone's ribs in the dark. He's in it to help people, while she's mostly thinking of getting paid.

In a similar vein to Erasmus, Kenric is looking for his lost protege, a young boy named Dante. He had originally come to the war to serve as a medic, and he has some prior experience with field duty thanks to his stint in a smaller civil war in his homeland. While he would like to search for his charge, the armies at large seem to find the monster a higher priority... And there's a chance that the creature could kill Dante too, as long as it remains at large. Still, considering his skillset, he'd fare much better if matched with someone with more experience tracking down murderous beasts.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Re: War Hunts? War Hunts!

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/09/2015 1:21 AM

I have a couple whom I could toss your way?
ImageImage
This is Molly and Torrid. Molly is a researcher who specializes in flora and the interactions it has with the world around it. She's concerned that this might be some sort of plant-based monster, or even a plant itself, and has come out to investigate it. Torrid is her bodyguard, and a sort of half-vampire. Her mother was a mortal, and her father a vampire. She's taken to looking after Molly, mostly because the woman doesn't ask any questions about her weird habits, like eating raw steak, or staying out of harsh, direct sunlight. They might be interesting to throw in an RP with Erasmus; Molly is very nice and sweet, but Torrid, not so much. XD

I also have Rin (who will be in another monster hunt RP with someone else as well, being a jerk) who is a half  cat demon and the son of Felil. He's drawn to humans, and really likes them, but more towards messing with them and being a total a-hole. He just likes to ruin people's days, basically.

ImageImage
And I have Dr. Ming, who is a scientist who has no real ethical boundaries, and would do just about anything to get her hands on that monster. She would come along with Experiment 96, who is one of her creations and bodyguard. She'd be super interested in turning anyone who was 'weird' into an experiment. I wrote their personalities a long time ago, but when I imagine Ming, I imagine her a little more...crazy. After 200 years locked in a lab, the mind does start to wander a bit. XD
Ming isn’t completely human. She was created in a lab over two hundred years ago as an experiment to see how well an ‘artificial soul’ could bond with a living shell. Because he soul isn’t real, Ming does not experience emotions and feelings like normal creatures. She is, in fact, rather detached from such things. Concepts like love, hate, adoration and other such strong feelings escape her. She can feel dislike, or like, but she does not understand them. Though she is an experiment herself, it did not stop her from usurping her creator’s place as the lead scientist and creator in a lab known only as ‘Sevenfold.’ However, after an inordinate amount of time, the lab was shut down for performing experiments that ‘went against human nature’ and could be considered ‘crimes against humanity.’ Though the lab was locked up, Ming did not leave. She does not require food or sleep to maintain her existence, and instead spends her time creating creatures similar to herself in an effort to perfect the bonding of an artificial soul to a living husk. Ming could be considered an ‘evil scientist,’ if one were to be concerned with labels but Ming is not really ‘mad.’ her experiments are certainly nothing that should be allowed to see the light of day, but she doesn’t see them as bad. Being unable to feel or comprehend emotions, she does not understand the stigma her creations carry, or how humans and living creatures could find her pursuits deplorable. Because she has no feelings, she does not necessarily value human life, and so, has no qualms about using living beings as experiments. Many a trespasser on the old laboratory grounds have mysteriously vanished; Ming maintains that she has no idea where they are all going, but she wishes that a few more people would think to ’trespass.’

Experiment 96, otherwise known as ‘Ninety-Six,’ or ‘Six,’ is one of Ming’s numerous experiment. She is a rather young experiment, as they go, and has, through her abilities and strength, become a type of bodyguard for the ‘good doctor.’ Six was originally created to see how a soul could function without a heart to fuel it’s actions or decisions. Because of this, she is completely emotionless. She has absolutely no ability to sympathize or understand living creatures, and thinks of them as nothing more than ‘trash,’ to be disposed of and destroyed. She is often seen in her human form, and has the ability to switch from Lucain to human, as well as a myriad of other abilities, some of which include heightened combat skills and the ability to fire a beam of light-type projectile from her fingers in the manner of a gun. Six strives to understand humans, but try as she might, she simply cannot. This often leads to bouts of what Ming likes to call ‘Freezing.’ Six will freeze up, unable to move or interact until her mind had sorted through the confusing information and quickly disposed of it, leaving her as emotionless and empty as before. Overall, Six is very odd, and her ‘quirks’ make her difficult to understand, and extremely deadly. Getting close to her is not advisable.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby crow » 08/09/2015 1:31 AM

Hmm, those first two do actually give me ideas, though not so much for Erasmus. I can't see him working out with them since the society he comes from reviles dhampyrs and kill them on sight. I could see them being interesting with Dante though, since he's a dhampyr himself.

His father was a master vampire and his mother was... human, as far as he knows, though he has a few quirks that suggest otherwise. He's the kid Kenric is looking for (he's physically and mentally ~12), and he ran away to avoid being sent home. Right now he's basically wandering the war landscape, mostly just scared. He's not much use in combat or as an investigator, though he does have a dhampyr's sharp senses. His most useful trait is the fact that his blood has regenerative properties and can heal wounds amazingly quickly, though he has to eat a lot to compensate for it. Maybe Molly and Torrid could run into him, and he can tag along on their investigation? Or Kenric would make sense too; he'd be more likely to join them if he knew Torrid was half-vampire, since that means she might be able to help him locate Dante somehow.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/09/2015 2:09 AM

I can actually see them getting along pretty well (Molly at least; Torrid won't like anyone XD) with Dante. If he's a kid in appearance, Molly will coddle the hell out of him while Torrid constantly disproves and probably pushes him into quicksand just to 'toughen him up' since she believes that everyone should be as tough as she had to be growing up. X3 We could always have them eventually help Dante and Kenric find one another? ^^

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 08/09/2015 2:13 AM

Dante's plot kind of mandates that he stays lost for a long time, but it seems like we've got a pretty good starting point at least. Did you want to start the thread or should I? ovo
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/09/2015 2:16 AM

I can go ahead and get it started tonight. I'll post it in Foundry city, and then post the link in the war plot story thing too. ^^

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/09/2015 2:38 AM

Sorry for the double post: Here you go!
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=22492

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate