For those of you who are looking for Roleplay partners may post your ads here! You can offer potential characters to RP and potential storylines to find potential partners! There's nothing like a nice RP to break the ice.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roleplay Advertisements

Re: RP Search [Now with specifics]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 3:14 PM

No, I think it could be... say there's a large something, but they've got their assignments from different (maybe competing) sources, so they decide to... I dunno, team up? And worry about who gets to keep the creature's head later?

(Maybe even one each, if it has multiple heads or there turns out to be multiple creatures?)

Maybe they started off at odds with each other, but then each tried to go for the monster and ended up retreating to save their lives? Maybe the second team retreats and gets chased by something other than their target, and manages to stumble onto the first team's camp - who then help slay the monster, and that's when they decide to team up?

Alternatively, what if they've both been hired for the same target because the employer wants a larger team to go after it, so he introduces them to each other and at first they're at odds with each other but after being out in the field and facing down monsters whilst tracking down their target, they learn to get along grudgingly?

Like, they start out with both teams basically refusing to listen to or interact with the other, then someone has a good idea or takes control of instructions in a fight (maybe they lost badly, and that's what triggers the truce?) and the team leaders start bickering over instructions but manage to work together somehow, and maybe my Melline begins trying to talk to your Greythorn sisters because Merpsichore isn't exactly conversational? IDK lol :D
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/05/2016 7:15 PM

Oh man, I really like these ideas. I think the same-employer one would probably be easier to do since it would involve direct interaction the whole way through, as opposed to the groups trying to hunt separately which might be hard pacing-wise? Like even if they're actively avoiding working together they're aware of each other's presence from the beginning. Am I making sense.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/06/2016 3:56 AM

Lots of sense :D do you have a preference for where you'd like it to be? Or should we just pick somewhere random?
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/06/2016 8:12 PM

The Greythorns live in the Tuun Mountains so they mainly take jobs in Lambastia unless the pay is really good, otherwise I don't really have any thoughts on a location.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/07/2016 2:25 AM

Lambastia and the Tuun Mountains are good :D any ideas about the target? Or would you prefer to wing it and see what pops up?

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/09/2016 12:47 AM

Mm...not sure. I did have a thought: what if it was something not particularly big, but very dangerous [magic maybe?] and very good at hiding so whoever hired them thought it would be better to get two teams? [This leads me down a weird path where the thing is like...somehow causing other monsters to attack the hunters to keep them away from it? Possibly getting more dangerous as we get closer? However this may be a terrible idea or too complicated to do, I don't know, if you think something else would be better I'm good with that.]

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 1:59 AM

No, I like that idea;  especially the increasing odds - I think it could either begin to show them working together, or it could be the lead-up to the breaking point where they fail and be like "we need to fix this" depending on how we write.

Is there anything else you'd like to add to it, or think we should discuss?

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/20/2016 5:49 PM

I can't think of anything else.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: RP Search [Update 12/26]

Postby Indigo » 12/26/2016 11:24 PM

I added some more stuff to the first post and I'm really hoping to set up more rps so I'm giving this another nudge.
Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/27/2016 8:29 PM

I'd love to jump in on your hunt, if that's okay? I have a couple of monster/demon hunting characters whom I would be interested in bringing along:

ImageImage

These two are Oberon and Marceline. And if they somehow heard rumors of a sword specifically meant to slay demons, they would be all over that. If you wouldn't mind my joining, I could bring them in with the original intentions of gaining the sword for themselves. Marceline would want to simply help the trio in their search once she understood the significance of the weapon to them, having belonged to their deceased mother.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7114
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/27/2016 8:44 PM

Sounds great! I'm happy to have you jump in.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 02/09/2017 12:44 PM

Sweet! I went ahead and posted, but please let me know if you want me to change anything for any reason. And if my constantly centered text annoys you, I don't mind changing that either.

Last bumped by Indigo on 02/09/2017 12:44 PM.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7114
Donate

Previous