For those of you who are looking for Roleplay partners may post your ads here! You can offer potential characters to RP and potential storylines to find potential partners! There's nothing like a nice RP to break the ice.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roleplay Advertisements

Choose-Your-Own-Adventure (READY & OPEN!)

Postby Feint » 07/02/2016 5:35 AM

July 3d: I decided to make separate (open) RP topics for the two crypts and to join the friendly ghosts with their festivities. I realized that it's encouraged for the main RP group to trash the ghosts' stuff and get rid of them all in various ways, and I don't want fights due to the conflict of interests. (PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT ME TO OPEN A TOPIC FOR YOU. If there's no interest I'll save the unused characters.)

viewtopic.php?f=148&t=23597&p=538486#p538486
I finished the journal you'll be referring to during the roleplay. The rules/etc are written out at the bottom of the first post, but I'll quote them here anyway.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23608
Here's the roleplay! Dive on in if you've read the rules.

1. The only way into the cathedral is through the front door. The only way to start in a different room is by starting your roleplay mid-journey. eg, "I got here hours ago, what's up guys."

2. Don't feel pressured to keep tabs on what everyone else is doing. If you want to roleplay from an angle of "the heroes have already been here and I'm scavenging off what's left" you're welcome to it. You can talk to the friendly ghosts, dance in the ballroom, etc.

3. It's perfectly acceptable to join as a newcomer at any time. It's a great big haunted building, it's bound to attract tourists. If you scream for help, we might even hear you.

4. No trumping the puzzles. aka "Key? Who needs a KEY? I can use the lock pick that I ~just happened~ to have sitting in my pocket!" Actually working something out that I didn't anticipate is one thing, but if all you're doing is asking your fairy godparents to conjure the answers up so you can pretend to be the hero, I will be very cross with you.

This next rule is part of the main site's rules, but I want to reiterate just in case: please please please no overpowered characters. This is supposed to be a very scary dungeon where you are literally fighting for your life every time you enter a new room. Sweeping through every enemy might make you feel powerful and brave, but the rest of us are going to get very bored.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Re: Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Interest Check

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/02/2016 5:40 AM

I would be very interested in this :) Feint, you're a genius :D
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/02/2016 6:12 AM

Why thank you. /flex I honestly never would've thought of it had the movie this custom debuted in not prominently featured it, haha.

I decided to make a basic layout of the castle in screenshots, so all I have to do is draw a map and a nice looking envelope for said journal pages aka the map to be contained in. I think what I'll do is make a journal for it and have the picture of the room up top, with the area highlighted on the map, and have a text description beneath it. Every time you enter a new room you'll have to find it, which is going to be grueling, but I can't really think of a better way it could be done.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 07/03/2016 12:39 AM

I haven't played WoW but the concept of this is interesting enough for me to join ^^ I actually like these kinds of things (map, choose-your-own-adventure type stuff) a lot XD
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 270
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/03/2016 1:42 AM

Not having played WoW will probably help since I changed a lot of things, to be honest.

I just finished writing up the description of each area, and I am seriously mentally exhausted.

viewtopic.php?f=148&t=23597&p=538486#p538486

All I'm waiting on now is the custom. And a nice long nap, because I just wrote out 19 posts in one go.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Choose-Your-Own-Adventure (Now Accepting!)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/03/2016 3:33 AM

So excited about this xD You've done an awesome job Feint; I can't wait to get in there :D

*Goes off to ponder characters*
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/03/2016 4:46 AM

Aw, thanks!! I'm trying really hard; here's hoping it goes well. :'D

I just realized I'm not going to be able to contribute at all since I know all the answers. ._. I have to participate while also not participating. Maybe I should just hang out in the library. :'D

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 07/03/2016 7:35 PM

Oh geez, kudos on all the writing @.@ Time to go read it~ Is that the thread we're all posting in or is it seperate?

EDIT: I'm assuming we don't post there cause it's a journal XD Curious to see how this will work, though.
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 270
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/03/2016 8:38 PM

Thanks!!

Yeah no don't post there. xD I'm not ready to start yet. I'll post everything in Lya Pointa itself. Don't worry about missing it, I'll PM you guys.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/07/2016 12:31 AM

*trumpet noises* we're reaaadyyyy

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23608

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate