Here is where you can participate in test or mock tournaments. Usually these tournaments have the purpose of testing stats and Traits, or for showcasing how the battle system works. Mock tournaments can also be used by users in order to become more familiar with the battle system.

Moderators: Thunder, Freezair, Retired Staff

Return to Test and Mock Tournaments

Tag Team [Toxic/Azura vs Talcen/Thunder]

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/06/2013 4:50 AM

[Kyrit approved the four user, tag team battle when I asked her in the IRC. I hope you guys don't mind the little plot reasoning? If any of you do, I can probably change it. Since we don't have a stat bank, I believe we have to do our introductions with our stats and have a mod announce the attack order.]

Level: 3
Offense: 10
Defense: 5
Precision: 10
Endurance: 12
Speed: 13
Fame: 9
AP: 10
Element:
Diet: [Omnivore]
Battle Traits: [Avoidance] [Combat Endurance] [Deadly Precision] [Resist Death] [Stone Blood] [Weaken] [Wing Buffet - Racial] [Wingstorm - Racial]

Seeking some combat training outside of what her family could provide for her, Mei stepped out in the middle of some small battle arena, brushing her incredibly long, stunningly white hair back over her shoulder. If her father figure had been around, he would have pointed out, as he had done many times, that her long hair was impractical and a disadvantage in combat. However, regardless of the dangers, she was still a woman, and chopping off her hair was not an option. Instead, she wore it back in a high pony tail, primarily out of the way. Of course, that, included with the elegant butterfly mask that covered her face, the high heels and the ruffly skirt, she looked absolutely nothing like a fighter. Smirking, she felt bad for those that would underestimate her simply based on how she looked. After all, her heritage was the frightening combination of a Respawn Fairy and a semi-immortal mage.

Looking down, she grabbed a hold of a paper displaying the number one in bold lettering pinned to her chest, confirming the number that she had been assigned once more. She had found a small training program that anyone could participate in and opponents were matched at random through raffle tickets. Specifically, the program was geared toward tag team battles today, and so not only were opponents matched at random, but allies were also matched in the same manner. Whomever showed up also bearing her number was her partner, while the two donning the number two would be their opponents.

No one else was around, but she was certain that all she had to do was wait just a little longer.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: Tag Team [Toxic/Azura vs Talcen/Thunder]

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/06/2013 9:06 AM

((Plots are cool. :3 Plus that actually sounds like a good reason for these four to have come here.))

Offence: 12
Defense: 9
Precision: 5
Endurance: 16
Speed: 12
Fame: 10
Diet: [Carnivore] [Omnivore]
Element: [Metal] [Earth]
Battle Traits: [Toxin - racial] [Flame Resistance - racial] [Blade] [Combat Endurance] [Lunge] [Puncture] [Power Sap]
[Veteran Mind] [Voltage]

The sign out front had caught his attention. The world was stirring, he knew, and he wanted a chance to get some training in before everything moved too much. Klein had come to the arena and signed up immediately, more than ready to get in a bit of friendly sparring. He was roughly familiar with the mechanics of a team battle as well, so he felt pretty up to this.

Equipped with the lighter version of his normal armor, still shining white and red like his typical plate, and Heaven's Fury on his hip, he felt more than ready for this. Sure he hadn't been in a fight for a while, but it was something he felt like he could handle. In one hand, he held a piece of paper with a big, bold one on it (the people at the sign-up could pin it on him and had tried to tape it to his armor), while the other fiddled with a glowing screen in front of him, checking over his stats and abilities just one more time before things began.

Walking and reading, he almost didn't pay enough attention to notice the woman already in the arena. The knight looked up just in time to avoid running into her. A bit embarrassed, he closed the screen and gave her  a sheepish smile. "Hey," he said, running a hand through his spiked, blue-gray hair. He leaned forward to get a better look at the number on her chest. "You're one, too, eh? I guess that means we're teammates." He didn't sound upset over he choice of attire, though it wasn't what he would have chosen to fight in. He had seen all sorts of armors in the past, including ones that looked nothing like armor at all.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/06/2013 1:29 PM

[Human From]
Diet: Piscivore/Sanguivore
Offense: 12
Defense: 8
Precision: 17
Endurance: 15
Speed: 15
Battle Traits: Elusive Foe, Power Sap, Combat Endurance, Life Drain, Healing Touch, First Initiative
Element: Dark
Level: 7
AP:15

Oh he was ready and rearing for a fight. He knew somewhere in that twisted head of his that this was only a training exercise, but oh how he wanted it to be more than that. Finally a war was breaking out and it was going to give him a chance to do what he did best, kill. He sighed as the people in charge of this whole event pinned a bright red number two to his outfit. He just wanted this thing to start already. He had heard he was fighting together with someone, but to honest he couldn't care less. He just hoped they shut up and stayed out of his way. His catlike eyes slid over to his opponents to watch them curiously and to gauge their level of a threat. so far they seemed relatively easy to  combat, but after his death on Gaia he had learned to be more cautious.

"So you two are my opponents...heh you don't look like much to me."
He summoned souba and lashed at the air impatiently. When was his partner going to get here? He wanted this to start right now!

(PS art credit goes to this lovely person on DA.)

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/06/2013 4:37 PM

(Human form. Note: he technically doesn't have Arterial Strike approved yet, but I'd like to include it just for the purpose of the test battle.)

Level: 6
AP: 15
Element: None
Diet: Omnivore
Offense: 15
Precision: 21
Endurance: 19
Battle Traits: Snowshoes, Blade, Puncture, Combat Endurance, Veteran Mind, Guerrilla Fighter, Arterial Strike

With certain conflict approaching, Karon was eager to get in some training so he could better serve the Imperialists. He stepped into the arena and looked around for his teammate, who presumably, like, him, ought to be carrying around a piece of paper with the number two. Eventually, he spotted a rather devious looking, silver haired man and approached him.

"You're Kadaj, if I'm not mistaken?" he asked the man. "I'm Karon. I seem to be your partner for this practice fight. I'm ready to go when you are."

Simply judging by the way the guy looked, Karon guessed that he would be an Imperialist. The way Kadaj had taken out his weapon so eagerly also reminded him of a few of his Imperialist allies.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/08/2013 2:45 AM

(You guys will probably have to bare with me while I figure out the ropes of modding battles again. xD; )

Mei:
Offense: 10
Defense: 5
Endurance: 16
Speed: 13
Fame: 9
Avoidance - The opponent has a 50% chance to miss the user during the entire battle.
Deadly Precision - The user gains a +50% chance to hit for the entire battle.
Resist Death - If the opponent scores a critical hit, the damage taken by the user is reduced by 20%.
Stone Blood - The damage taken by the user is reduced by 1 for the entire battle.
Weaken - The user selects one of its opponent's stats (excluding Endurance). Beginning on the next turn, the chosen stat is decreased by 4. (Costs 8 AP)
Wing buffet - Deals an additional 3 damage (Costs 5 AP)
Wingstorm - There is a +60% chance that the opponent will miss its next turn. (Costs 8 AP)

Klein:
Element: Metal/Earth
Diet: Omnivore/Carnivore
Offence: 12
Endurance: 20
Speed: 12
Toxin - Deals Acid damage (5) to one opponent, ignoring Defense. (Costs 5 AP)
Flame Resistance - When the user is about to take Fire damage, the damage amount is halved.
Blade - Deals Metal damage (5) to one opponent, ignoring Defense. (Costs 5 AP)
Lunge - The user deals 1 additional damage. (Costs 3 AP)
Puncture - The user deals 2 additional damage. (Costs 4 AP)
Power Sap - The user announces an AP cost for this attack. The opponent loses that amount of AP.
You may not decrease the opponent's AP to 0 in this way. You may only decrease the opponent's AP to the value of its lowest AP attack cost.
Voltage - Deals Electricity damage (5) to one opponent, ignoring Defense. (Costs 5 AP)

Kadaj:
Level: 7
Element: Dark
Diet: Piscivore/Sanguivore
Offense: 12
Defense: 8
Precision: 17
Endurance: 19
Elusive Foe - The opponent has a 75% chance to miss the user during the entire battle.
Power Sap - The user announces an AP cost for this attack. The opponent loses that amount of AP.
Life Drain - The opponent loses 1/4 of its current Endurance. The user adds half of this total to its own Endurance. (Costs 9 AP)
Healing Touch - The user heals some of its own or an ally's Endurance (3). It may only choose one target per turn. (Costs 5 AP)
First Initiative - The user automatically moves first in battle, regardless of its Speed stat.

Karon:
Level: 6
Offense: 11 (15-4)
Defense: 11
Precision: 26
Endurance: 24
Snowshoes - This Trait negates the effect of Blizzard.
Blade - Deals Metal damage (5) to one opponent, ignoring Defense. (Costs 5 AP)
Puncture - The user deals 2 additional damage. (Costs 4 AP)
Arterial Strike - The user has a 50% chance of scoring a critical hit.

Attack order:
Kadaj, Karon, Mei, Klein
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/09/2013 3:15 PM

Kadaj grinned once given permission to go and without so much as a moments pause, lunged at Mei. Souba glinted in the light like a flash of silver lightning as it was swung towards the female fighter. Kadaj had intentionally swung to miss to distract the opponent before quickly reversing direction and moving behind the woman. He then thrust forward at her, aiming for her vital region in the abdomen. "This is too easy."

(Using normal attack on Mei)

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/09/2013 3:24 PM

As soon as all the fighters were ready, Karon quickly followed his teammate's actions. The woman looked like she'd go down faster than her partner, so perhaps it would be good to take her out first. Taking out the knife he always carried beneath his cloak, he ran at Mei and watched Kadaj's actions. Then, once Kadaj had gotten behind Mei, he decided to launch a frontal attack on her. Perhaps ganging up on her would make it harder for her to evade their attacks. He'd save his energy for the other guy.

(Normal attack on Mei.)

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/09/2013 6:00 PM

Mei growled as not just one, but both of their opponents targeted her. Of course, they'd go for the woman or, at the very least, the one wearing less armor. She was painfully aware that they were jumping her from both sides, and the best she could do was try to dodge. In that instant, she summoned her wings, lifting herself just off of the ground rather than relying on her feet alone. Instead of just trying to dodge, she launched her own peculiar attack toward the one she sensed was stronger, Karon. It only took a motion of her hand to attempt to execute it, pushing her strange magics into the enemy's body and attempting to Weaken them, so that they would do less damage should they land their attacks.

[Using Weaken on Karon's Offense.]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/09/2013 7:30 PM

The moment their opponents began to move, Klein was ready for them to strike at him. Much to his surprise, they both went after his partner. That would make a bit of sense, though, taking out the one who seemed to be the weaker party first. That was cheap, though, and something he most definitely did not approve of.

Once he saw that she had a few surprises of her own, he gave a smile. Well, if they were both going to mess with her, he might as well remind them that he was here as well. He drew his sword and took a stance, arm extended behind him and weapon pointed straight back. The blade began to glow green and gave off an acrid smell of hot iron. This Toxic attack of his was one he was glad he had discovered upon arriving here, and he was aiming it straight at Karon. After a moment of hesitation, he released the building energy and sprang forward, blade swinging forward and up toward the knife wielder.

[Using Toxin on Karon]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/13/2013 11:32 PM

Turn 1

Kadaj
Rolled a 7 - miss

Karon
Rolled a 10 - miss

Mei
Rolled a 5 - HIT
Maron weakens Karon's Offense by 4 for the rest of the match.

Klein
Rolled a 8 - miss

Kadaj has 19 (19-0) Endurance and 15 (15-0) AP remaining.
Karon has 24 (24-0) Endurance and  (15-0) AP remaining.
Mei has 16 (16-0) Endurance and 2 (10-8) AP remaining.
Klein has 20 (20-0) Endurance and 5 (10-5) AP remaining.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/14/2013 9:15 PM

Kadaj growled in irritation as his attack missed and without a second's pause decided to switch targets. He lunged at Klein and slashed at him with souba. His blade hit against Klein's with a flash of sparks and the sound of metal hitting metal hit the air. He quickly dislodged his blade and swung for another attack, trying to get past the man's defenses to land a solid hit. He wasn't messing around, that was for sure.

(Using normal attack)

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/16/2013 11:29 AM

The woman was surprisingly swift, and Karon glared as his blade missed. Soon after, he felt a strange sensation flowing into his body, and somehow he felt as if his muscles weren't as tough anymore. Though this startled him, he leaped back just in time to evade Klein's green blade and saw that his partner had changed targets. Perhaps this was a better tactic, for Mei's evasiveness could exhaust their energies if they decided to chase her about. Karon leaped at the sword wielding man and tried to jab his blade between his enemy's armor.

(Using Blade on Klein.)

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/16/2013 4:35 PM

Noting that both of her opponents switched targets from her over to her partner, Mei growled softly, the expression seeming a little odd on her lovely face. He had tried to defend her and she would certainly do the same, in the form of an attack. With the attention drawn away from her, she held out her hand, summoning a strange, bladed staff out of nothingness, same way she did with her wings. Hovering no more than a foot off of the ground, her movements were swift, which made it all the more easy to attack the very same man that she had just weakened. She moved forward, coming up behind the man whose attention was now on Klein, swinging the bladed part of the staff sideways, aiming to hinder Karon even further by hitting him in the side.

[Using a normal attack on Karon.]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/16/2013 5:07 PM

He had missed! Maybe his trigger was off, but at least he had intercepted the attack from that silver haired man. It seemed that whatever Mei had been planning managed to hit, though, which was a bonus. Karon didn't seem to be moving quite as well as before anyway.

He had no time to reflect on either his miss nor his partner's actions, however, seeing as how both opponents had shifted their attention to him. "Alright, then," he said, a fierce smile on his face, "let's do this." His immediate attention was on Karon, and he shifted his stance for another attack, blade over his shoulder and free hand in front of him. If Kadaj's aim was true, he would be unable to defend himself, but he hoped his luck would be a bit better on this shot.

[Normal attack on Karon]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/16/2013 7:39 PM

Turn 2

Kadaj
Rolled a 5 - HIT
Kadaj does 7 (3 + 4) total damage to Klein

Karon
Rolled a 1 - HIT
Karon does a critical hit and does 10 (5 x 2) total Metal damage to Klein

Mei
Rolled a 2 - HIT
Mei does 4 (1 + 3) total damage to the Karon

Klein
Rolled a 5 - HIT
Klein does 3 (1 + 2) total damage to Karon

Kadaj has 19 (19-0) Endurance and 15 (15-0) AP remaining.
Karon has 17 (24-7) Endurance and 10 (15-5) AP remaining.
Mei has 16 (16-0) Endurance and 2 (2-0) AP remaining.
Klein has 3 (20-17) Endurance and 5 (5-0) AP remaining.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Next