Here is where you can find tournaments hosted by the users of Evelon, or host a tournament yourself! You may only use Keystones or pets that you own as prizes.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Tournaments

Re: $The Gambler's Game$

Postby Thunder » 05/21/2012 8:34 PM

Ridge, who had been commentating on the fights as they progressed, was now ready to announce the gambles for the next round. He took a sip of water and cleared his throat before speaking into his mic.

"Mars's gamble has given him some temporary immunity to Light with the Shining Aura trait! That could be helpful, considering he's a Dark element pet...but will his contender be able to use Light magic at all?

Fyte got lucky this time! She's gained the trait Sonic Waves to use for her next battle! Use it well, Fyte!

Snowflake's gamble did something interesting! It has temporarily changed her element from a dual Fire and Light to purely Fire! How will this affect her next battle?

And last but not least, Anthos Kronos's gamble...did nothing! Too bad Anthos, maybe you'll get lucky next time!"

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 05/29/2012 6:58 PM

There was one ore battle left to go, and that meant one more gamble. The concept draculi was on his way to tell the serraptor in charge his new gamble number. He was feeling confident, but he knew his next opponent was a sickle, a very large one at that. Trying to push the thought away, Mars decided on a number. "Um, number 64 please," he said with a smile. He hoped his number would help him out.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/01/2012 6:03 PM

Anthos walked in trying to figure out how he had been defeated when he remembeed he had to choose a new number. He walked up to the serraptor and smiled politely. "I'd like to take the number 44 please, if I may." He smiled again and went to sit down and rest for his next fight. He hoped he would fare better with his next opponant.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/01/2012 6:05 PM

Another number? She'd been told she couldn't pick ehr lucky number, but no matter. Anohter would do, right? Even if it wasn't lucky. "I would like number 53."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/01/2012 8:26 PM

Fyte ambled in, a little abashed at the fact that she had failed to react in the set time limit. However, it was no big deal, she was in here for the fun of it, not for the money, or other prizes. She swept her eyes across the room, her gaze falling upon the last person she was left to fight. A lucain, huh? Well, it was certainly a little less daunting than a Luxard, but she had been knocked out completely by the Draculi too.

Giving a mental shrug, she instead turned her attention to the Serraptor. "Ugh, I'm sorry about my last match." She said, before switching her thought to the next number she had to pick. "I'd like to pick number 29, as my gamble, thanks~"

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/08/2012 11:17 AM

The last round had arrived. Ridge smiled as he took up the microphone again. He could hear the crowd chanting for a good last fight from each of the contestants, and he hoped he could deliver.

"All right everyone!" he began. "This is the third and last round of the Gambler's Game. Are you all ready to hear the gamble results?"

"Mars's gamble let him acquire the trait Soundproof for his next match! How useful it will be, I dunno, but it certainly can't hurt him!"

"Fyte is lucky yet again! Her gamble has given her one free automatic hit for use in her upcoming battle! I hope she can use it wisely!"

"Snowflake's gamble did not do anything, unfortunately, but she's still a tough contender even without a gamble!"

"And lastly, Anthos Kronos's gamble has given him 15 additional AP for the next fight! That's definitely going to be useful in his battle."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 07/16/2012 3:10 PM

The tournament had taken a while, but it had finally concluded, and Ridge was ready to announce the placings. All the fighters had performed their best, and he thought it had been a great first tournament for him. Beside him were four trophies, ready to be handed out to their respective winners.

"Thank you to all our participants and viewers!" the Serraptor announced. "I hope everyone enjoyed the Gambler's Game! Since the last round has ended, it is now time to announce placings and give out prizes!"

"In first place is the Concept Draculi, Mars! In second place is the Lucain, Anthos Kronos! In third place is the Luxard, Snowflake. And last, but certainly not least, is the Purine Albie, Fyte! Everyone should come up and claim their winnings. We've got some great things in store for our fighters!"

With that, Ridge stepped back from the mic and got ready to send out the awards.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 07/16/2012 3:23 PM

He had not expected to win so quickly again and looked back at the other opponants. He had won second place which was not bad in his mind. He could always do better though and he would make sure to train more in the near future. He smiled and thanked the others for their time and congradulated them for a job well done before walking up to the serraptor with a smile. "Thank you for hosting this contest. It has been great fun. I believe I claim my prize now? Not that I need it but it might prove to be useful later on. Thank you again for this."

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/16/2012 8:40 PM

The tournament was finally over. Mars was a little disappointed his final opponent had never showed, but he was glad none the less. A first place win was something to be proud of, but Mars wasn't one to boast. He congratulated the other contestants, wishing them well in future endeavors. After collecting his prizes he left the arena to share the news with his friends.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169