Here is where you can find tournaments hosted by the users of Evelon, or host a tournament yourself! You may only use Keystones or pets that you own as prizes.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Tournaments

$The Gambler's Game$

Postby Thunder » 04/21/2012 9:59 PM

Something is going on in the city of Aldrect. People are walking around, handing out flyers for a so-called "Gambler's Game" in one of the city's stadiums. Intrigued, you decide to follow the directions in the flyer and find yourself standing in front of an impressive, marble arena. There is already a large crowd gathered around, chattering noisily. Standing at the top of the stairs, speaking into a microphone, is a Chaos Serraptor with a strange, light blue feather in his hair.

"Come on up and see the Gambler's Game!" the Serraptor hollered into the mic. "Maybe even enter if you like! We have money prizes and even some creatures for you to take home if you win!"

Thinking he's probably the manager, you go up to the Serraptor and inquire about registration. He directs you inside the arena, where you see a desk with a stack of registration and rule papers. Maybe you should take a look?

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: $The Gambler's Game$

Postby Thunder » 04/21/2012 10:24 PM

TOURNAMENT RULES AND PRIZES

(Stars denote special requirements for this tournament.)

Entry

- ONE pet per person.
- Roleplay your entry post.
- Include your pet's Level, AP, Element (if any), Diet (if any), all stats, and Battle Traits.
- All participants MUST donate anywhere from 50-300 KS to join. Participants may also choose to donate up to 3 pets and/or 1-10 GT (not mandatory) . All donations go towards the prize pool. You can register your pet first and send the prizes later. If you take too long to send a prize, I'll give you a friendly poke and remind you! ***
- Send all prize pool items to me, and make sure you say somewhere that it's for this tournament.
- Please pick a Gamble List number from 1 to 120 when you post. More will be explained in the Battle section of the rules. ***

Battle

- Begin your battle as soon as you get a partner. You do not need to include pet stats in your first post; there is a Stat Bank.
- You have 3 DAYS to post after your partner or the host posts. If you fail to post in this time, you will automatically lose the match.
- Battles have a maximum of 15 ROUNDS. After the 15th round, whoever has the most Endurance left wins.
- General battle mechanics can be found here.
- After a battle, both participants MUST choose one NEW number from the Gamble List, which will be found in this topic. Post whichever number you pick in THIS topic. This number will affect your next battle; effects may range from getting a KS bonus for victory, an addition to your pet's stats, weakening your opponent's stats, or noting at all! I will announce what effects you get in the same battle topic. You may refer back to what effect you got in the Stat Bank. ***

Restrictions

- The tournament will be an 4-player single round robin. This means all players will fight each other once.
- Your pet must have between 20-45 DEFENSE (inclusive) to join. Traits are not counted in this restriction.

Prizes
(Note: Any unused donations will be sent back to the donator, so you don't have to post in the Ownership Records just yet. Trade notes will be done after the tournament ends.)

- First place: 300 KS plus THREE secret bonus prizes.
- Second place: 200 KS plus TWO secret bonus prizes.
- Third place:  150 KS plus ONE secret bonus prize.
- Fourth place: 50 KS plus a consolation prize.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 04/21/2012 10:25 PM

TOURNAMENT MATCH-UPS AND WIN COUNTS
(Bolded player attacks first.)

Round 1
Mars vs. Fyte
Snowflake vs. Anthos Kronos

Round 2
Mars vs. Anthos Kronos
Fyte vs. Snowflake
Round 3
Mars vs Snowflake
Fyte vs Anthos Kronos

Win Count
Mars: 3
Fyte: 0
Anthos Kronos: 2
Snowflake: 1

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 04/21/2012 10:27 PM

STAT BANK
(Arranged by sign up order)

Player 1: Jobiehanna/Mars
Level: 34
AP: 40
Diet: Piscivore/Sanguivore
Element: Dark
Endurance: 72 (57 +8 Fame +7 Combat Endurance)
Offense: 53 (47 +6 Extended Claws)
Defense: 44
Precision: 40
Speed: 60
Fame: 40
Battle Traits:
Dark Heart: Halves Dark damage
Elusive Foe: Opponent has a 75% chance to miss user during the entire battle
Creeping Shadows: 8 Dark damage/10 AP
Deepening Darkness: Reduces Dark damage to 0 and regains Endurance =to 1/4 the damage that would have been dealt (rounded down).
Lunge: +4 additional damage/6 AP
Sharp Vision: +10% chance to hit the opponent for the entire battle.
Soundproof: Negates Horrific Moan, Horrific Wail, Rousing Speech, and Sonic Waves.
Gamble Effect:  Mars gets the Trait Soundproof for the next battle.

Player 2: Krypto/Fyte
Level: 21
AP: 30
Diet: Carnivore
Element: Earth/Ice
Endurance: 57 (46 +5 Fame +6 Combat Endurance)
Offense: 35 (29 +6 Powerful Jaws)
Defense: 30 (26 +4 Guerilla Fighter)
Precision: 38 (31 +7 Veteran Mind)
Speed: 45
Fame: 26
Battle Traits:
Snowshoes: Negates Blizzard
Puncture: +4 additional damage/6 AP
Guerrilla Fighter: +4 Defense, hits first unless foe has First Initiative or has Guerilla Fighter and higher Speed
Sharp Vision: +10% chance to hit the opponent for the entire battle.
Gamble Effect: Fyte gets one automatic hit for the next battle. Fyte must declare when she wishes to use it.

Player 3: Milliethewarrior/Snowflake
Level: 25
AP: 35
Diet: None
Element: Light/Fire
Endurance: 63 (51 +6 Fame +6 Combat Endurance)
Offense: 58 (47 +6 Powerful Jaws +5 Extended Claws)
Defense: 56 (45 +7 Tough Hide +4 Guerilla Fighter)
Speed: 35
Fame: 30
Battle Traits:
Spiked Body: Opponent takes 2 damage if user is hit, does not apply to Elemental Attacks.
Guerrilla Fighter: +4 Defense, hits first unless foe has First Initiative or has Guerilla Fighter and higher Speed
Ray: 7 Light damage/7 AP
Gamble Effect: No effect

Player 4: Talcen/Anthos Kronos
Level: 33
AP: 55 (+15 from Gamble)
Element: Fire
Endurance: 59 (44 +7 Combat Endurance +8 Fame)
Offense: 44
Speed: 52
Fame: 40
Battle Traits:
Spiked Body: Opponent takes 2 damage if user is hit, does not apply to Elemental Attacks.
Meteor Fall: 8 Fire damage to all others on battlefield (including ally)/10 AP
Flame Resistant: Halves Fire damage
Raging Blaze: Reduces Fire damage to 0 and regains Endurance =to 1/4 the damage that would have been dealt (rounded down).
Burst Spin: Deals damage to all others on battlefield (including ally)/9 AP
Dodge: Opponent has a 25% chance to miss the user (affects current turn if user moves before opponent, affects next turn if user moves after opponent)/8 AP
Gamble Effect: Anthos Kronos gains 15 additional AP for the next fight.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 04/21/2012 10:32 PM

THE GAMBLE LIST

Choose any number from 1 to 120. Below will be all taken numbers in numerical order. If a number is on this list, you may NOT pick it. A majority of the numbers have effects, so you're highly likely to get something.

Taken Numbers

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/22/2012 12:54 AM

Level: 37
AP: 45/110
Diet: Piscivore/Sanguivore
Element: Dark
Endurance: 57/100
Offense: 47/100
Defense: 44/100
Precision: 40/40
Speed: 60/100
Fame: 40/40
Battle: Dark Heart, Elusive Foe, Creeping Shadows, Deepening Darkness, Combat Endurance, Extended Claws, Lunge, Sharp Vision

Mars was in the streets of Aldrect when a flyer was shoved in his face. It said something about a gambler's game, and a battle. The flyer was of great interest to Mars, as he hadn't been in a battle yet. It was a dream of his, and he had prepared himself for the moment when he would be able to enter and event such as this. After speaking with the serraptor and getting all the rules he was ready. Mars produced his stats, "I'd like to enter this, uh, game," he said with a smile. "I'll have my payment shortly, and I guess I'll pick the number, umm, 34, yes." He smiled again, and then sat down to wait for the game to begin.

((I'll send some ks and pets in a moment. I hope I got the stats right, I double checked them, but if something seems off please let me know; I can re-calculate them. :)
EDIT: Stat Update))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/22/2012 1:21 AM

Fyte's eyes lingered over a flyer, her tongue clenched between sharp teeth, a furious mental battle going through her mind.

Fighting? For fun? The very notion of it was barbaric for her. The war had been stupid enough; as a veteran of that she knew first hand (as a 'zombie' of that, even more so) of the idiocy of fighting. Yet, this tournament claimed that it would bring one honour, and the idea of proving her own strength to herself was very tempting.

Fyte fidgetted for a second, before taking her paw off the flyer and letting it escape with the wind. Then, hating herself for making this decision, she set off in the direction the piece of paper had indicated. Eeeh, she needed some hand-to-hand (or horns-to-stomach) practise, why waste the oppertunity, right?

"Hey there, I'd like to enter the Gambler's Game with the number 88." Fyte greeted the Serraptor, handed over a few higher value Keystones as well as her registration papers. "I do believe this is all, right?"

Name: Fyte
Species: Purine Albie (S)
Element: Earth/Ice
Level: 21
AP: 30
Offense: 29
Defense: 26
Precision: 31
Endurance: 46
Speed: 45
Fame: 26
Battle Traits: Snowshoes (R), Combat Endurance, Puncture, Veteran Mind, Guerrilla Fighter, Sharp Vision, Powerful Jaws

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Thunder » 04/22/2012 3:49 PM

((Just a quick notice: If you send any pet donations, you don't have to post in the Ownership records right away because it may be possible that I won't use some of the pets. If this is the case, I'll send the unused ones back to the donators.))

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 04/23/2012 10:48 PM

Name: Anthos Kronos
Element: Fire
Offense: 44
Precision: 44
Endurance: 44
Speed: 52
Fame: 42
Passive Traits: Dash, Forest Dweller,
Battle Traits: Spiked Body, Meteor Fall, Flame Resistant, Raging Blaze, Burst Spin, Combat Endurance, Dodge
Level: 33
AP: 40

Anthos walked into the arena and smiled softly. It had been a long time since he had last faught anyone and he was feeling like seeing if he still had it in him. He went up to the Serraptor and placed his information in front of it. He knew he stood out as he was the only human there but his small size and quiet personality made him seem far less intimidating. He pulled out a bag of keystones and dumped them on the table. "I hope this will be enough. I will choose the number 4 please."

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/23/2012 10:51 PM

Species: Luxard
Diet: None
Element: Light/Fire
AP: 35
Level: 25
Offense: 47/100
Defense: 45/100
Precision: 40/40
Endurance: 56/100
Speed: 35/100
Fame: 30/40
Battle Traits: Spiked Body, Tough Hide
PBT: Combat Endurance, Guerrilla Fighter, Veteran Mind, Powerful Jaws, Extended Claws, Ray

She had come a very long way from the place she lived. She had walked until the snow turned to earth and there was no more cold, and the fire in her belly had dulled and was no longer needed to warm her scaly hide. And now here she was, being maneuvered into signing up for a battle she wasn’t even sure she wanted to partake in. if it hadn’t been for the fact that she had been told to hone her fighting skills, she would not be here. Frowning, the giant lumbered forward, shaking her massive head. “I am told I should choose the number 7. Something about luck, or some such.”

(Donations sent~)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/06/2012 6:45 PM

((OOC: Since no one else seems to be joining, I'm just going to start right now and make this a 4 player round-robin instead. I was going to throw one of my own pets in, but then I realized you can't have a tournament with an odd number of people xD))

Registration was now over. Ridge walked inside the arena and went inside the announcer's booth. There was a pretty decent crowd, and their cheers made him grin. He coughed once before talking into a microphone. "All right, it's time to get the Gambler's Game started!" he announced. "The first two battles are Mars versus Fyte and Snowflake versus Anthos Kronos! But before we begin, let's see how our contestants have been affected by their gambles!"

Ridge pulled out a list of the numbers the contestants chose. He cleared his throat and started talking again.

"Mars's gamble will reduce Fyte's speed by 5 for the duration of their match! If that will actually affect their battle, I'm not sure...Fyte seems like a pretty fast girl!

Fyte's gamble has given her the trait Corrosion for her next battle! Wonder if it will be useful?

Unfortunately, Snowflake's gamble did not do anything! Better luck next time!

And finally, it looks like Anthos got a lucky one! If he manages to beat Snowflake, he will get an additional 30 KS for winning!

Will all that out of the way...let the Games begin!"

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/20/2012 7:36 PM

Well he had somehow won and rather quickly and now he was expected to pick another number. He thought long and hard over what number to pick before finally deciding on one. He went up to the Serraptor again and smiled calmly. "I'll be taking number 13 please." Once that was finished he went to sit down and rest while waiting for his next match. He still found it odd that his last opponant had been so rude when it was all for fun and practice. Maybe his days of SOLDIER and General Angeal drilling honor into their heads had gotten to him. He sighed at the memories and looked out at the arena. There were still two contestants fighting and they were doing very well.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 05/20/2012 9:20 PM

It was time to pick another for the next battle. Mars was unsure of which number to pick, but he soon decided. It was an even number, just like his last number. Maybe something with the even numbers was lucky. "Um, number 8 for the next round," he said with a smile.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/20/2012 10:13 PM

Fyte stumbled back in, panting and her white pelt stained red from a small injury she had taken from the Draculi's claws. Despite getting thrashed, she had enjoyed the spar. Maybe she wouldn't win the tournament - she quickly had developed that thought, upon looking at the huge Sickle and the Lucain - but it was still a learning experience. She sat down and thought over a number to chose. Her last one hadn't been too helpful, and her opponent had been able to roll something that had hindered her.
After some thought, she got back up and wandered over to the Serraptor. "I'd like to pick number 45 thanks."
She wandered back off to relax and wait for the next fight, hoping that she'd last longer than two hits this time.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/20/2012 10:39 PM

Snowflake lumbered towards the serraptor. Another number choosing game? She grumbled to herself, even as she decided on which to pick. Of course, it would be the one she and her fellows always tended to pick. She lowered her massive head, watching the little dinosaur-like pet with curious, green eyes. "I would like to pick number 17."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Next