Here is where you can find tournaments hosted by the users of Evelon, or host a tournament yourself! You may only use Keystones or pets that you own as prizes.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to User-Hosted Tournaments

Vanilla's having another contest???

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 07/16/2008 9:12 PM

Yes.  Vanilla's another nickname.  Want more detail about me?  PM me for all of my nicknames.

Anyways.  That's not the point!  I'm having a persona contest this time.  
On the left: This girl has no name, no personality, and no background story.  Her parents are Reala and Moon Valley.  
On the right: And as for this female, no background story, and a little bit of personality.  Her person ality is that she can sing well, yet she's very ill and has two spirits with her.  They like to be in flower form.  And Her name is Sasayaite.
What I would like for you guys to do is give them something.  Oh and a Bonus if you guys can give them Anthro forms.  Big bonus!  Yesyes.  but there can only be one winner.

What I would like to add for these two:

Female lucain:
Include her parents in the story
Be creative
Nothing bad.  She's a good girl.
Prizes for her:
Free art forever at the Dark Fox's shop and 20 Ks
--------------------------------------
Sasayaite:
Include her spirits and singing illness.
Creative is the key
Prizes for Sasayaite:
Free art forever at The Dark fox's shop, 20 Ks plus a free breeding with Sasayaite!  

Bonus
If you give an anthro form for one of those two with the other things, extra Ks, but for both plus the story, personality, and lucain name...  A custom ordered by me!  No more then $10, though.

Try to be creative and think very hard, because this is once in a lifetime oppertunity by moi.

Enteries((this means possible entering[/i]
Kitsune_Beauty: Sasayaite's story
xLavenderKisses: Sasayaite's story and picture.
Millie: sasayaite's story and picture, Lucain name, personaity, story and picture.
Audra:
Winter Roses:

Ending Date:
July 21st at 13:30pm.  Army time=1:30PM
Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/16/2008 9:36 PM

If I could jsut give an anthro form, would that be all right? Or must I do the other parts of it as well?

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 07/16/2008 9:43 PM

Well...  I would like it if you also had the other things, but anthro form's work alone.
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 07/17/2008 3:22 AM

I've whipped up a short little story for Sasayaite. I can't see much concerning background with her. Too mysterious and locked up. I hope you enjoy this, whether I win or not.

Hidden Melody

Don't cry, mistress of a lost voice...
Indeed, this fate was not your choice...
Be hopeful you'll be cured someday...
And reveal the tune that makes flowers sway...

Dull blue eyes gaze forlornly out the rainy window of a dark room. Outside, the water patters against the glass as nature sings one of it's lovely songs. Thunder beats its drums overhead, deep in the thick clouds. The rain gently knocks everything it touches, making objects chime with their own rhythm. The lightning dances elegantly to the beat, whipping in graceful curves. With all this music and dancing, there is but one thing missing; lyrics.

"Sing for us, Sasayaite..." "Yes, add words to this song of nature..." The frail looking kuhna glances sadly at the petals floating about her. She doesn't argue. She opens her mouth and attempts to release the beautiful lyrics that buzz inside her heart like trapped bees. What comes out isn't beautiful. Her voice cracks on the first note, sending her into coughing fits. Once she is stable, she turns her eyes to the window once again. A single tear slowly makes its way down her cheek as she thinks about what could be. She could be, no, should be out there adding the final ingredient to this melodic mixture happening just beyond the thin sheet of glass before her.

The petals seem to droop as they watch her. Neither of them know what to say. It was a brutal twist of fate, a knife through the heart that now locks this poor kuhna's soul. The flower spirits float to the other side of the room. "Will Sasayaite ever be unlocked..." one whispers, its voice flowing like a gentle breeze. "That is something even I cannot know for certain..."
How can you see into my eyes like open doors,
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb,
Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home...

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 561
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 07/17/2008 5:18 AM

The moon shines bright tonight, thought Sasayaite as she walked towards the Moon Pond.
Flower petals followed the Kunha, like the trains on a wedding dress. This was where she first discovered her gift; her voice. She stepped onto the familiar rock, which she stood on when she voiced her first magical melody.
It feels so familiar...

A dark thought clouded her mind, the day which she lost her voice was etched into her mind. Try as she might to defy it, the memory took hold of her.

It looked almost exactly the same. There was music in the air... So beautiful, so fragile. Sasayaite's voice wove though the air, like silk.
The melody ended and the young Kuhna smiled. Sheirks of alarm ripped her eyes open. The two flower spitirts were spinning around her like crazy. Franticly she looked around, that was when she saw her doom.

The shadow on the other side of the pond stood, clapping.
"
You have an beautiful voice, it's touched by the Ancients," rasped the shadow.
Ancients? Who is this? was Sasayaite's frantic thoughts.
Cackling the shadow continued, "
I like it."
After that she knew no more, for darkness engulfed her.

Sasayaite gasped at the horrid memory. But she was safe, back in the present.

Grasping onto some hope, Sasayaite thought, Maybe... maybe my voice is back?
Opening her mouth tentivly, she sang.

What came out was not what she hoped for.

The two flower spirits made encouraging sounds.
Smiling sadly at them Sasayaite sighed, You two don't understand. I don't think anyone does, or ever will...
Tears which she had tried to hold back began to fall.
Is this what I was ment to be? Was the voice I had not supposed to belong to me?

She collapsed on the stone.
Or is this what life is; having something so precious and losing it, just like that.

I want to draw a picture for Sasayaite!
I can't do it right now though *yawn* it's my snooze time.

On second thought, I'll draw a picture for the female Lucain too.
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 07/17/2008 8:19 PM

Nice.  Hard to choose, though.  And this contest won't be over until I hve at least one entery for the lucain.  Plus, I'll figure out when to end this.
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rayinuya » 07/17/2008 8:36 PM

Hiya, just popping in here to say I might be able to come up with a entry for the Lucain.I am coming up with a name,anthro form,personality, and story for her at the moment ^^.(Do you have any specifications as to what her anthro form may be like?)
NAME: Ivy
LEVEL: 8
Rayinuya
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 9
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/17/2008 9:00 PM

Okay, so I'm slightly confused about this. By "give them something" what do you mean? Like, write a simple story about them? Or are we supposed to expand on the ideas you have for them, like history, personality and that sort of stuff?

By the way, it also might be a good idea to say how much ks the prizes are.

Secondly, are people allowed to enter stuff for both the Lucain and Kuhna?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 07/17/2008 9:26 PM

Ivy:Something like Alice from Alice in Wonderland.  And as for Sasayaite, the rose petals usualy aren't always in rose form, they're human, two people.  One's male and the other is female.

Toxie:simple something about themselfs, like how they got into hte world, where they used to be from, those things.  The background story's are optional, personality is mandentory for the lucain.  
Secondly, as soon as I've got alot more Ks, I'll post how much for the prizes for the lucain and Sasayaite.  
Lastly, yes.  People are allowed to enter stuffy for both Sasayaite and the nameless lucain, which I have no idea to name her, because I don't have the brains to make a nameage!!  
Right now I'm thinking of a name to have my new lucain that I won from Millie's aucioning thingie.  So be my guest and go wild with the ideas.  Possibly I might throw in a little something for bonus.  But...  Eh.  Can't think of anything.
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 07/17/2008 10:19 PM

Just so you know -for the lucain's story- Moon's personality is in my breeder's listing. ^-^

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/18/2008 4:09 AM

Here's my entry. I don't think the pics are too big. So I just left them as images.

So, I wasn't quite sure what you meant by 'singing spirits' but here goes nothin'. And her personality was very, very hard. I had nothing to go of of except my own story...But I hope you like what I did write. That was...Again, hard.

Backstory:

Sasayaite didn't always have the name she has now. No. Long ago, when she was younger, far more innocent, Sasayaite was a famed singer, called simply 'Chanson.' She was known far and wide as 'The voice that whispers.' Her music was legendary, and her fame spread across the lands. She was also very beautiful. With hair of midnight, and eyes as black as coal, she could rival any princess in the land. But Chanson was not without her troubles. Her father, who had always encouraged her to pursue her dreams of becoming a singer, was quite poor, and they were on the verge of losing their dojo and property to a large amount of debt. Though Chanson was famous, she did not earn much money, and so, could do little to aid her father in their troubles.

A band of rogues, known only for their ruthless nature and merciless hearts, laid claim to Chanson's father's land, and collected their payment for their debt by taking everything they owned. They would destroy their house, and build a gambling hut where the ancient dojo once stood. The young woman was devastated, and the day before the house was due to be destroyed, she ran to the woods, where she sat by the edge of a small pond. She cried, as all who have known sorrow are wont to do. But Chanson was not alone. Upon hearing the soft sound of the woman's tears, the spirits of the flowers that stood by the pond for centuries revealed themselves to her, cooing in soft, gentle voices. 'Why so sad?' they questioned.

Chanson wiped a tear from her eye, unafraid of the tiny beings that spoke to her. She reached out to them, and felt their gentle comfort wash over her. "My father,"she murmured. "He will lose his house, his home, and everything he has worked for, for so long. We have never been rich, and we have never had very much. We cannot afford to pay off our debt. I want to help him...But I can't..."At this, she dissolved into tears once more. The spirits looked at one another, then looked at the girl, crying so sadly beside their pond. 'We can help you,' one of them whispered, catching the woman's attention. She looked up, eyebrows raised, tears still trickling down her cheeks. "How?"she replied. "I have nothing to give you. I have nothing of value. Why would you want to help me?"

The spirits giggled softly, and replied in quiet, calming voices; 'Because you bring the gift of music to this world, Voice That Whispers. We will help you, but you must give us something in return.' The girl nodded eagerly, her eyes wide as she reached out to allow one of the gentle spirits to perch upon her finger. 'What we ask of you will be hard, child. It may cause your heart much pain, but it will help the one you love. Will you still agree to our terms?' Chanson hesitated, and then, quietly, softly, she uttered the final word; "Yes."The spirits seemed to glow brighter, and with a sad, but kind voice, they whispered back to her. 'The voice that whispers. No longer can you walk in the mortal realm. No longer can you speak to your father. Your voice now belongs to us. You are no longer Chanson, for you leave this life behind. From now on, you are Sasayaite, you are the voice that whispers. You belong to the spirits, as we belong to you.'

The girl could not believe her ears. She could never see her father again? She could never have a family, have someone to love? Her eyes stung with fresh, unshed tears, and she sobbed anew, but this time, out of pure despair of being alone. 'Hush now, child. You agreed. Your father will keep his land, and his home. This bargain was difficult for you, we understand. But now you belong to us. You are of the spirits. You will not be fated to die, but to live on, forever, with us by your side. You are different, you have changed. Take a look.' The little spirit floated towards the pond, and shed it's light on the surface. Sasayaite peeked over the edge, and gasped at what she saw. Her hair had turned a snowy white, little ashen streaks running through the ends. Her eyes were now a brilliant blue, her skin a soft, pale cream. She had changed...She was different now. Two tails wagged behind her, two ears atop her head.

She was so different. No. No, she could never go back to the human world, the world of mortals. She was not their kind anymore. She was a spirit. She was...Different. She sat back, and the spirits floated around her, before a soft light engulfed them, and they floated about her as flower petals. "I am Sasayaite,"she murmured. "I am the Voice that Whispers. I am immortal. I am a spirit. And I am alone..."

Personality:

Sasayaite is the epitome of her own name. Meaning 'whisper' this young Kuhna seems to do just that. Due to the loss of her voice when she was younger, Sasayaite can no longer speak, or sing, though it seems that singing has always been in her blood. She seems to have sad eyes, ones that one cannot stare into for too long without feeling a sorrow come upon themselves. She hardly ever smiles, but it is thought that this is because she doesn't have anything to smile about. Her spirits, the little flower people, are the only ones she can ever really turn to for comfort. She speaks to them, in her own silent way, and they, in turn, speak to her.

She seems more in-tuned with nature than most creatures, and seems to find solace in it's beauty. She can often be seen sitting beside a pond, or a lake, or walking amongst the trees with a sad smile on her face. Her smiles are almost always sad, if anything. But it is thought that nature, flowers in particular, are the only things that can make her happy.  She seems to carry around a heavy burden that none can lift, as though the weight of something in her past is crushing her spirit, slowly, but steadily. She wears the black cloth around her tail, a reminder of what she lost. And a gray cloth around her wrist, a reminder of what she might gain.

Nobody knows the significance of the colors, or why she chose them but her. And she will never, and could never tell. Yet, despite this, Sasayaite does have hope. She hopes to regain her voice, one day, her ability to sing. She knows that, maybe someday, she will do all the things she once took for granted. Talking with friends, singing, smiling...Laughing. Her immense sorrow, and her sad eyes hurt the hearts of those around her, for they want nothing more than her happiness. But Sasayaite cannot be happy just yet. She still has to find her voice again.

--------

Backstory:

This is Blue Rose. I know, It's not the most original of names. But let me tell you how she got it, shall I? When Blue Rose was born, her parents didn't know what to make of her. She was different. And by different, we mean...Well, odd. She hated being indoors. She would throw fits when either one of her parents tried to bring her inside. She hated taking baths, and preferred to get her hands dirty whenever she could. Her parents would stare out the window, scratching their heads and wondering what could have gotten into their beautiful little girl. She was very pretty, no doubt about that. Yet she showed no obvious signs of wanting to act like a girl. She hated dresses, loved being dirty, and the more she got into the flower beds and mud outside, the happier she was.  

Reala and Moon Valley were two very down to earth Lucain. They knew better than anyone that they shouldn't stifle a child's personality or creativity. But when she waddled in one day holding a handful of worms and dirt, her mother just had to draw the line. 'Please, sweetie, don't bring that inside. Why don't you go put on your dress and play with your dolls?' But the little girl would stubbornly refuse, shake her head, and stomp back out with her worms and dirt clutched tightly to her dirty blouse. By this time, neither mother nor father could think of an appropriate name for their strange child. Their daughter wouldn't respond to a single name they tried. They just couldn't figure it out. But you see, the little girl had already chosen her own name. 'Blue Rose,' she announced one day at dinner. 'That's what I want you to call me daddy.'

Reala, curious, asked her why. 'One day, daddy,' she replied with a mysterious smile. 'You'll find out.' And Reala did find out. When Blue Rose was old enough, she finally showed all of the what she had been working on all throughout her young life. A hybrid plant, one that bloomed both blue, and purple roses. Reala and Moon Valley, to say the least, were quite shocked and astonished that their daughter had such a green thumb. 'And all this time,' her mother remarked. 'I just thought you liked getting dirty.' Blue Rose would only laugh, don her work gloves and grab a pair of hedge clippers and smile. 'Oh no, mommy,' she would reply. 'It was much more than that. Remember the worms? Well, I tried to tell you how good they were for your garden. But you didn't want them inside. I wonder why...'

With that same mysterious smile, she'd slip out the back door, and tend to her garden, leaving a very shocked, but very happy Moon Valley behind. A few years passed, and Blue Rose was finally able to accomplish her dream; Opening her very own flower shop. She thrived. People came from far and wide to purchase the legendary 'Reala Rose' as she called it. Indeed, it almost resembled her father. A mixture of blues and purples, it was certainly a sight to behold. Blue Rose is still a very accomplished florist to this day. In fact, if you head down to the local market, I bet you'll spot one of those 'Reala Roses' at a small flower stand near the edge of town, with a smiling, beaming woman waiting on customers from behind her counter.

Personality:

Blue Rose. What can you say about her? She does not conform, to be sure. She never has. She's always loved playing in the garden, in the dirt, and can generally do just about anything. She doesn't like to wear dresses, yet, oddly enough, seems to always wear one when working in her flower shop. How strange. She's almost always seen with work gloves and hedge clipper in her hands, and a fresh flower adorning her head. She always has a kind smile, and a bright welcome for anyone she meets. When she was younger, she had this way of being mysterious without really trying. Now, she seems to have perfected it to an art. She always seems to be hiding something in that smile of hers, and her eyes seem to hold so many secrets. It's hard to tell what she's thinking, and harder still to get her to talk about it. She's much more content to prune her plants, and smile shyly out at you from behind the leaves.

Blue Rose is one of the sweetest, most gentle souls you could ever meet. Despite her airy nature, she's quite intelligent. She can solve puzzles and equations quite easily. She's always been a clever girl, and even when she was younger, her brilliance often amazed her parents. Despite being so smart, she can reached people on any type of intellectual level. She will not belittle anyone, or think ill of them for any reason. However, one smart mark about her, her parents, or her beloved flowers, and she'll bite your ears off. Not literally, but you'll get such a stern talking to that you might rethink ever walking into her store. She's a firecracker, but only if you light the fuse. Blue Rose is just all around great. You obviously can't go wrong here. She's got a smile as sweet as her name.

EDIT: Personality for Sasayaite has been added.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 07/18/2008 3:49 PM

.......................*Dies*  I must admit, you really wanr a custom that badly right Millie?  Well let's just see if this thing will end whenever.
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Audra » 07/19/2008 4:53 PM

I'll join! I'll get m entry up soon..
[center][sup]Image
You see a colorful Canopy Gurador, rare in these parts, head hung high, and as he flitters past, you notice that he accidentally dropped a badge on the ground. It looks like such:
Obviously it must mean something, but the pet is then gone in a flash. Curious, isn't it??
----------------------
.:LINK BAG:.[/sup]
[/center]
Audra
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 490
Donate
Location: If you find a dismembered carebear laying about,.....I DIDN'T do it

Postby Winter Roses » 07/19/2008 5:36 PM

I've been considering for a while, and I think I'll enter. But I'll also have my entry up later. *scurries off to write*
Is there a C H A N C E
A fragment of l.i.g.h.t

At the end of the tunnel
A reason to fight...

Or are we ashes and wine?
Winter Roses
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 100
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 07/20/2008 2:29 PM

Cool, and I've updated the bonus section more clearly this time.  And so far so good. [size=0]Millie needs Sasayaite's personality and she'll win the custom.[/size]  And I'll keep all of the pictures as a simple thing, but the winner shall be the main anthro form for that pet.
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate