All official tournaments will be hosted in the main forum! User hosted tournaments and test battles can be found in subforums. Come test your skill in battle!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tournaments

Round 1: Ameer VS Souretsu [Kitsumi Mahon VS Rebel]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/08/2012 11:32 PM

A sudden rush of adrenaline and excitement flooded through the young Taigra. Never before had he felt such a thrill as he entered the battle arena, and he doubted he'd ever feel such a feeling again. There was just nothing like it. His eyes fell on the fans seated, cheering for the fight. Shaking his head, Souretsu forced himself to remain focused as he stepped into the arena where his opponent would soon meet him. An opponent. Souretsu was about to fight. His first fight. It was a Lucain, larger than he, obviously, but it made no matter to Souretsu. Size wasn't everything.

A sudden change seemed to take hold of him as his eyes locked onto his target. Souretsu had never felt such concentration on something, or the adrenaline that pumped in his body. It was as if he wasn't even himself anymore. Someone else had stepped into this arena, and he was just a bystander, watching. Body tense, with every muscle tight, Souretsu hissed, claws gripping the earth. It was time to start this.

With his connection with the earth, Souretsu called on his power, and with a mighty surge of energy, and a mental thought of its name, Souretsu unleashed his first attack on his opponent. "Fissure!"

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Re: Round 1: Ameer VS Souretsu [Kitsumi Mahon VS Rebel]

Postby Kitsumi » 01/09/2012 8:50 AM

It felt odd for Ameer to be standing there, preparing himself both mentally and physically for battle, without sword, shield, or armor. Of course, being in a canine form instead of his human one was going to be a much greater challenge during this fight then the loss of weapons and armor. Having trained to fight in another world in human form, he wasn't quite sure how he would fare as a 'lucain' as this new form was called. He was determined to try, though. And if he failed, well, he'd just train harder and come back.

His opponent appeared, and Ameer nodded to him in greeting. If these tournaments were anything like the ones Ameer had participated in back home, the point was not to kill your opponent, but to simply defeat them. Ameer began to size the other fighter up, when he sensed an attack from the smaller creature.

In an attempt to land the first hit, Ameer lunged at his opponent, his jaws open as he attempted to bite the other creature.

(Using Lunge)
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7209
Donate

Postby Kodai » 01/09/2012 8:53 PM

Turn 1

Souretsu

Rolled a 4 - HIT
Souretsu does 8 ( 6 + 2 ) Earth damage to Ameer.

Ameer

Rolled a 4 - HIT
Ameer does 6 ( 3 + 2 + 1 ) total damage to Souretsu.

Souretsu has ( 21 - 6 ) = 15 Endurance and ( 20 - 6 ) = 14 AP remaining.
Ameer has ( 25 - 8 ) = 17 Endurance and ( 15 - 3 ) = 12 AP remaining.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
House - Breeder's Listing - Trades - Art - Wishlist
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/09/2012 9:23 PM

"Augh!" The satisfaction of hitting his target was quickly lost with his opponents true mark. Souretsu had been hit as well. For a moment, Souretsu lost his focus. He'd almost forgotten he was even in a battle! Quickly, he regathered himself, knowing he had to stay focused. This was all new to him. He'd never felt the taste of battle before, and, oh, what feelings it brought! Daishou would be proud!
With a snort, Souretsu focused on his target and prepared for a next attack. There was no point in conserving energy now. With the Lucain's spiked body, Souretsu knew he couldn't do many physical attacks without some consequence, so for now he would hold back. In a matter of a few seconds since the first attack, Souretsu let his next one fly for his opponent once more, only this time, he called on the earth to help him out. He called on the entangling roots to trap his opponent, and help him gain an upperhand.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/10/2012 12:17 AM

Despite the pain from the Taigra's attack, Ameer felt a sense of satisfaction at having also landed a hit. It didn't do near as much damage as it would have had Ameer been in a position to use his sword, but he had at least weakened his opponent a bit. Or at least, he hoped so.

He had moved to attack the Taigra while it was still feeling the effects of the first confrontation, but was stopped as something wrapped around his legs, holding him in place. Astonished, he looked down and saw the roots that held him captive. This creature could use some sort of magic? Well, that was something that could possibly keep Ameer from victory. He fought, teeth and shining blur, as he tried to free himself.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 01/10/2012 12:26 AM

Turn 2

Souretsu

Rolled a 7 - miss

Ameer

Rolled a 8 - miss

Souretsu has 15 Endurance and ( 14 - 8 ) = 6 AP remaining.
Ameer has 17 Endurance and 12 AP remaining.

(I rolled for Ameer assuming that he used a normal attack. You shouldn't react to an attack before you know whether it hits or not.)

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/10/2012 10:22 AM

He'd missed! But so had his opponent. Souretsu was quick enough on his feet to get out of the way. It seemed that they were fairly evenly matched. Souretsu had to think quick. He wasn't too keen on using physical attacks against an animal with spiked armor... And, he knew he had only enough energy for one more of his earth attacks. Already, Souretsu could feel the effects of using his elemental abilities on his body. He didn't have enough energy to try the to call upon the roots again. He cursed himself for missing, as it would have been helpful. But, he wasn't out yet.

Souretsu decided to just go for a normal attack, even if it would cost him if he hit. For now, he'd conserve what energy he had left. Quickly, the young taigra dashed for his opponent, leaping into the air and coming straight for his opponent, claws unsheathing, aiming for their target.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/10/2012 5:24 PM

A miss! That would have been a grave mistake for Ameer, had it not been for his quick reflexes which allowed him to leap out of the way of his opponent as well. Although the miss was getting to Ameer - he wasn't used to missing - he knew he had to suck it up and continue fighting. His opponent seemed to be weakening; he wouldn't be able to use many more elemental attacks, and that was a good thing.

Ameer, however, still had a bit of energy left in him. As the taigra rushed at him, Ameer also moved, planning to sidestep the attack and then lunge at the last moment. It was risky, yes, but a risk that Ameer felt could possibly aid him in the battle.

(Using Lunge; Sorry, Kodai, I got confused by the description of the attack and thought that it was an automatic hit :\ I'm still new to this.)

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 01/10/2012 8:30 PM

Turn 3

Souretsu

Rolled a 6 - HIT
Souretsu does 3 (3 + 0) total damage to Ameer.
Souretsu takes 1 damage from Ameer's Spiked Body.

Ameer

Rolled a 9 - miss

Souretsu has ( 15 - 1 ) = 14 Endurance and 6 AP remaining.
Ameer has ( 17 - 3 ) = 14 Endurance and ( 12 - 3 ) = 9 AP remaining.

(Only Aimed Attack is like that. o 3o If it always hit, it would explicitly say so in the description.)

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/10/2012 10:47 PM

With another attack that had gone true, Souretsu dashed around his target, sliding to a stop to regroup for another attack. Those spiked wing blades though made a physical attack difficult. His hit had come at a cost, but fortunately it wasn't too heavy of a cost. Now, he had to go again. He decided to give all the earth energy he had left. He had just enough energy for one more earth attack, and it would be physical attacks from then on out.
With a deep breath, Souretsu focused his energy and called upon the earth once more. The earth responded simultaneously as Souretsu called on the earth for his next attack for his opponent.

"This is the last one... Fissure!!!"

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/10/2012 10:52 PM

Ameer staggered slightly. He had been too slow; his opponent had struck true, and Ameer had been knocked off balance, unable to lunge as he had wished. He had felt the opponent strike near Ameer's spikes, so perhaps he had taken at least a bit of damage from that.

There wasn't much time to contemplate though. The Taigra was attacking yet again, using the elements, judging from his words. Deciding he had nothing to lose, Ameer lunged once more. It was really the only thing he knew how to do in this body.

(Using Lunge)

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 01/10/2012 11:09 PM

Turn 4

Souretsu

Rolled a 9 - miss

Ameer

Rolled a 6 - HIT
Ameer does 5 (3 + 1 + 1 ) total damage to Souretsu.

Souretsu has ( 14 - 5 ) = 9 Endurance and ( 6 - 6 ) = 0 AP remaining.
Ameer has 14 Endurance and ( 9 - 3 ) = 6 AP remaining.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/10/2012 11:17 PM

Another miss! Souretsu growled angrily at himself, but there was nothing to do about it now. His thoughts were rocked by the successful hit from his opponent, but not for long. He was too focused on the fact that he could do no more earth attacks. He was too exhausted. All he could do now was attack with what he had left... even if things weren't turning in his favor. Daishou had taught him, though, to give it his all to the end, and he was going to do Daishou proud.

With that firm thought in his mind, no matter the outcome, Souretsu leaped for another normal attack for the Lucain.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/10/2012 11:53 PM

A hit! And even better, the other opponent had missed as well. Ameer felt a bit of glee, before finally focusing on the battle once again. He hadn't won yet, and a few good hits from his opponent could change the outcome of the battle drastically.

As the Taigra came towards him, Ameer responded in turn with a basic attack. All the lunging had tired him out, and he wanted to save his energy in case he was in desperate need for it later on in the battle.

(Just a basic attack)

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 01/11/2012 12:08 AM

Turn 5

Souretsu

Rolled a 10 - miss

Ameer

Rolled a 9 - miss

Souretsu has 9 Endurance and 0 AP remaining.
Ameer has 14 Endurance and 6 AP remaining.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next