All official tournaments will be hosted in the main forum! User hosted tournaments and test battles can be found in subforums. Come test your skill in battle!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tournaments

Round 1-2: Kaamil vs. Cassus (Kodai vs. Toxxic)

Postby Kodai » 01/27/2013 12:33 AM

Why was he here, again?

It wasn't as if he liked fighting when it was unnecessary... and battle tournaments were definitely unnecessary. At least for him, anyway; he had nothing against those that participated in them as a form of income. Which, again, begged the question: Why was he here? He wasn't a professional fighter (although he was certainly trained). That rabbit must've had a hand in this, he was sure...

But whether he'd agreed voluntarily to the rabbit's request or had somehow been duped, the fact remained that Kaamil was still here and was expected to fight. Fine, then. He'd just have to think of it as additional training instead of as a public event. Walking to the center of the arena, Kaamil waited until he could see his first opponent and gave a short nod before launching himself forward, claws outstretched.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
House - Breeder's Listing - Trades - Art - Wishlist
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate

Re: Round 1-2: Kaamil vs. Cassus (Kodai vs. Toxxic)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2013 7:41 PM

Cassus tried to psyche himself up, as he dug his hind legs into the dirt. He wasn't feeling very good about this, and though he wasn't afraid of his opponent (or of being hurt), he wasn't looking forward to it. That said, he needed the money - and badly. With pups on the way... he frowned, and shook his head. Focus, that was the key - otherwise there was no way he would win.

He sighed slowly as he weighed up his opponent; hopefully the attack that Borealis had gifted him would be useful, though he still had trouble controlling it. Reaching deep within his heart, he focused a Ray of light to aim straight at the lucain - unlikely choice for the son of a demon, but perhaps the unexpected would be helpful in this instance...

Edited with character image
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby Kodai » 01/29/2013 9:28 PM

Turn 1

Kaamil
Rolled a 5 - HIT
Kaamil does 13 (6 + 7) total damage to Cassus.
Kaamil takes 2 damage from Cassus's Spiked Body.

Cassus
Rolled an 8 - miss

Kaamil has (40 - 2) 38 Endurance and 30 AP remaining.
Cassus has (38 - 13) 25 Endurance and (30 - 7) 23 AP remaining.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 01/31/2013 12:45 AM

Certainly, Kaamil hadn't been expecting a beam of light to come streaking after him, but an easily surprised fighter was a dead one and so he managed to focus himself and dodge right as his claws cut into the other Lucain. Unfortunately, he also managed to run into his opponent's wingblades, but that was pretty much inevitable – nearly all Lucain that had wingblades knew how to use them defensively in combat. Still, was this Lucain really a fighter? He had seemed troubled by something as he had waited for the fight to start, and although Kaamil didn't want to pry, the thought of fighting an unwilling opponent bothered him. Not that he could stop the battle, of course, but maybe he could try to take his mind off his troubles?

"...That was quite the attack..."" Kaamil remarked as he circled around in order to strike with his claws again. "...Where might you have learned it, if you don't mind me asking...?"

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/05/2013 11:14 AM

Cassus grunted in frustration; he knew his opponent was higher ranking, and had been depending on that first strike. He shrugged his shoulders in preparation of his next attack, and kept a wary eye on his opponent as they circled one another.

In regards to the question, Cassus was in two minds; should he answer, and potentially put Borealis at risk? Or should he lie, and waste time and effort concocting and maintaining a lie? He shook his head; he would tell the truth. He owed her all the credit, after all.

"It was a gift from my mate - she taught me how to use it. She thought it would be good to have something unexpected up my sleeve." He replied, before charging at the lucain, casting his Ray again. Hopefully it would hit this time...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby Kodai » 02/05/2013 9:08 PM

Cassus has failed to reply within the given time limit.
The win automatically goes to Kaamil.

(Sorry, but the time limit was from Wednesday 11:45PM to Monday 11:45PM.)

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate