Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Never Came Back [Closed]

Postby Feint » 07/22/2009 2:02 PM

Terrace Park. It was the sort of magical place where it was fun for all ages. It was that kind of thing where you felt safe in its borders, felt free to run wild without fear of being lost or attacked. You were always free to do what you wanted to do, and that made it fun. The freedom was beautiful, but like all beauty, there was a venomous lining. The park was huge and open, but it was also wild. All along the borders of the park were thick trees, the small "leftovers" of a part of Whisper Forest. In it were forest things, like ferns and flowers and shadows and beasts and thieves. As long as the visitors knew to stay away from the allure of the forest, the people of Terrace Park were safe and happy. However, there is always that one child who falls to temptation and goes in, and that was probably the only thing that broke the cheerful cycle of Terrace Park. What made it all worse was unlike happy stories, the child never comes back.

This is the story of a child that never came back. His name was Kunta Kinte, and he was a fenling pup just barely of the age to wander around with his parents. He was excited to see the huge park where he could play all by himself like all the other big boys and girls. When they finally arrived, he made his excitement clear with frenzied tail swishing and sudden leaps. Barking or yelping was no good--he was completely mute. Kunta Kinte raced across the soft green grass, just showing off how fast he was for his age. "Don't run too far," his laughing parents called back to him. "We'll set up our nice picnic here and call you when lunch is ready. Go make some nice friends," his mother encouraged him. She kissed him on the nose and waved. Kunta Kinte waved back with his four long tails and dashed off into the green. When he was all tired from running, he plopped down in the soft grass on the side of a hill and rolled over and over down to the bottom. He laughed without sound and climbed up to the top again, aimed, and rolled down. He sat up on the bottom of his hill and looked around to see if there was anyone to share it with before climbing back to the top again.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Re: Never Came Back [open]

Postby Draconial » 07/22/2009 8:20 PM

Fuzz

When the Fenling sat down, there was something in the tall grass watching him. It slowly stalked closer. and then....
"BOO!"
A young Rollaby pounced on Kunta, sending them both tumbling, and the fuzzy marsupial was giggling the whole time. When they stopped, he bounced backwards and sat up, with a trilled smile on his face. "What's your name?"
When you can make your own universe... Who needs this one?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 37
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/22/2009 11:22 PM

(ooc: please don't godmode! And Kunta Kinte is one name, like Mary Jane.)

Kunta Kinte turned to face the bottom of the hill in preparation to roll down its soft side once more. A figure in the grass stared back at him. He froze, too surprised to move. Suddenly, it yelled "BOO," and lunged for him! Without thinking, Kunta Kinte shot for the bottom of the hill, safely out of the way. As he ran, his foot slipped on the smooth, grassy slope and he tumbled the rest of the way down. The fenling child sat up, his head spinning and throbbing from the fall, and his eyes welled up with tears. He bit his lip to keep from crying, as that was a childish thing to do, and he was at the park to prove he was a big boy now. His big ears flicked back and forth, not sure which emotion to convey. After a second or two of some soft sniveling, his head felt better and his eyes cleared, and he smiled up at the rollaby that had jumped at him. He ignored his question, as he had no means of answering it, and clambered up the side of the hill to show his new playmate the proper way to roll down its side. He gracefully rolled down onto the grass with a soft thump and looked up at the rollaby expectantly. Now you try.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 07/23/2009 6:40 AM

The Rollaby''s ears drooped when Kunta Kinte's eyes welled up with tears, but both children were soon smiling. When Kunta Kinte rolled down the  hill, Fuzz knew he had to top it. After all, He was a Rollaby, not a Wallaby. He quickly bounded to the top of the hill,, then crled into a ring, and rolled down the hill in a similar fasion to a tire, and went in a circle around Kunta Kinte before plopping down beside him. His ears perked up and his tail swished through the air as he waited for a response froom the Fenling.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/24/2009 12:13 PM

Kunta Kinte's eyes widened in surprise and delight as his new friend gave him an exciting way to roll. His maw opened to pant and his four tails swished wildly in the air in utter delight. He had to try. The little fenling stood up on the grass and tried to curl himself into a tire shape. His back arched, and he twisted and turned, but no luck, because he wasn't a rollaby. He leaned forward too far and somersaulted forward. He jerked himself into a sitting position and looked around, blinking and disoriented. When the wave of nausea passed, he realized he's just rolled like a ball, which was pretty darn close to what his new friend just showed him. He waved his tails and tried it again, rolling over and over like some sort of armadillo without its shell.

"Kunta Kinte!" His mother called, hands cupped over her mouth. "My darling, where are you hiding? Lunch is ready!" she shouted, laughing to herself. It was so silly--her own son, and she could never find him!

Kunta Kinte's head popped up, and he jumped up off the grass. Just before he took off running, he looked back at his new friend and nodded toward his mother, as if to invite the rollaby to lunch.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 07/27/2009 8:21 AM

The Rollaby once again curled uup, and propelled himself forward to catch up to Kunta Kinte. Once he did, a short laugh issued from the rolling ball of fur, and he rolled all the way to Kunta Kinte's mom. Fuzz sat down, and waved. "Hello!"

(Sorry, small)
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/27/2009 12:30 PM

((ooc-- yeah, me too. :shrug:  ))

Kunta Kinte's mother waved back cheerily. "Hello! And who might you be? Kunta Kinte's new friend?" she asked, and wiggled her son's ear playfully. The fenling waved his tails happily, as if to affirm her guess. His father waved from the picnic blanket.

"We have turkey sandwich, your favorite, so better come get it before I do!" he called out to his son. Kunta Kinte's ears perked. Nuh-uuuh! He tugged at his mother's skirt briefly before running to his picnic blanket and tackling his father's chest. His father laughed mischievously and held the wicker basket high over his head.

Kunta Kinte's mother shook her head at them. "Oh, you two," she said, making them both laugh, but only the father could be heard. Kunta Kinte jumped off his father's stomach into the air, snapping at the basket he held.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 08/01/2009 9:20 PM

(Are they felloxes, Humans, or Anthros? I'm going to put it as human, but I can change it.)

"Hi! My name isssssss........ well, I can't really remember, but all my friends call me Fuzz." The young Rollaby was just sitting down, when his ears perked up for one word; Sandwich! "'Scuse me, but could I have a sandwich please?" He asked as his tail eagerly waved in the air. He looked up at Kuta Kinte's mom's face with hopeful eyes and a huge grin. Not quite like the Cheshire Cat's, though. His grin is mysterious and mischevious, while Fuzz's is exited and happy, one only kids can pull off correctly. His mind was going a million miles an hour, with only the word 'please', but he knew to be polite if they couldn't offer one.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 08/13/2009 4:04 PM

A plump little slaughter dalma watched the picinc with sad eyes. His paws itched to go over and just ask for some food...not that he needed it...But that would be over-the-top rude. He had been taught better than that. Well, by himself. The little dalma had watched others, grown-ups to be exact, and they never went somewhere, it seemed, without an invitation. So he'd just wait, with pleading eyes until they noticed him and invited him over.

If they ever did. The fat puppy's stomach was beginning to growl. And justly so! he hadn't eaten in almost an hour.
ImageImage

"I cringe.
The sound of my voice rips through me.
They scream.
The sound of my laughter stabs them.
He cowers.
The sound of his breathing betrays him.
I smile.
Only the sound of my music remains."
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 16
Donate

Postby LionKit » 08/13/2009 4:46 PM

(ooc: Is it okay if I jumped in?)

Chan the Langerine crawled out of her mud puddle. It was getting to sticky for her. She shook off some of the mud and looked around, there was a Rollaby and a Fenling with there parents, but there was also a lonely looking plump Sluagter Delma. Chan turned her attetion back to the Rollaby and the Fenling, they looked like they were about to eat, so maybe crawling over to them and ask if they could play with her wasn't the best choice.

She glanced at the Delma. He does look lonely... Chan thought and quickly crawled over to him. "Hiya!" The small Langerine greeted. "I'm Chan! What's your name?"

Chan: (1/5)
LionKit
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 366
Donate

Postby Feint » 08/13/2009 6:48 PM

((ooc-- yeah, come on in. can I just ask that you stay with the group, like, don't run off too far? can't tell you why just yet. And Kunta Kinte's parents are human.))

Kunta Kinte jumped too far and landed on his father's head, making him fall over backwards into the grass. The wicker basket upturned, spilling food everywhere. Kunta Kinte's mother gasped and ran over to salvage some of the sandwiches, but luckily everything had landed on its respective wrap and nothing was spoiled. Kunta Kinte's mother breathed a sigh of relief as she gathered the food into her arms. She shot an evil look at Kunta Kinte's father, who sheepishly avoided her gaze. "Now look!" she scolded, dumping the sandwiches on the blanket. "You almost ruined our lunch, and our guest's lunch! Must you be so rowdy? Men!" she scolded, and sat on the blanket in a huff. Kunta Kinte hunched by his father's side shamefully, blinking up at her with his sorrowful blue eyes. His father looked much the same way. The sandwiches sat dumbly on the picnic blanket, ready for whoever wanted one.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby LionKit » 08/13/2009 10:18 PM

Chan looked back at the picinicers. "Let's go over there!" She squealed before crawling over to them, hoping that the Sluaghter Delma will follow. "Hi! Can we join?" She asked when she was a centimeter away from the picinic blanket.

(ooc: I'm not power-playing, right?)
LionKit
Pets | Items
Keystones: 366
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 08/15/2009 11:29 AM

"Chan's a nice name. I'm Rio!" He watched as his 'new friend' went over to the picnic blanket. She had apparently decided to invite herself. Not very nice. All the same, there was some good scoff over there to be had and Rio wasn't going to miss scoffing it. So he picked himself up and waddled over on stumpy legs to sit a little ways behind Chan. A sheepish look crossed his face. It was plain that wasn't exactly comfortable with just barging in...But wasn't about to be left out either.

"C-Could I join you too? That's a very nice lunch you've made, miss."
ImageImage

"I cringe.
The sound of my voice rips through me.
They scream.
The sound of my laughter stabs them.
He cowers.
The sound of his breathing betrays him.
I smile.
Only the sound of my music remains."
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 16
Donate

Postby Draconial » 08/15/2009 1:18 PM

"They look fine to me," Fuzz said as he picked up a sandwich and unwrapped it. He took a bite, unaware of the two creatures behind him. "Mmm, Peanut Butter and Jelly! You're good at making these sandwiches." Just as he was saying that, he noticed a noise. He turned around, cocking his head. "Who are you?"
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 08/16/2009 2:48 AM

Kunta Kinte's mother softened a little at the praise. "Thanks, honey," she said to Fuzz softly. She scooped up the remaining two peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches and held them out to the two newcomers invitingly. Kunta Kinte sensed the change in mood and snatched a turkey sandwich from underneath her outstretched arm, then darted back behind his father, apparently having decided his round-ness would be a good shield. He ate his sandwich at his father's side closest to his new friend Fuzz and (he hoped) his two friends-to-be. Kunta Kinte had a curious way of eating. He unwrapped the sandwich with his front teeth only and then laid it down like a plate while he gnawed a hole through the top center of the bread. Once he reached the center, with the meat, he pulled it through the hole to eat it. If the bread swung open during this process, heaven forbid, he would shove it back with a paw. After the meat was gone he started on the bread, eating the meat-soaked inside first until there was nothing left but thin, dry shreds of crust. When the sandwich was finished, he looked like a great Mr. Wilson attractor--not one inch of his face or front was without bread crumbs. He licked his maw happily and glanced about at his company to ensure that not one single person was any less pleased than he.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Next