Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Look, a Tree. {closed}

Postby Feint » 09/20/2008 4:13 PM

Ilektriki soared high through the air. He shrieked with the sheer exhilaration of flying and tucked his right wing slightly, spinning off to one side. He straitened his wing and ceased to spin, then tilted his flight toward the ground and spiraled slowly until he was just above the grass. He quickly flared his tail to brake and swung his talons forward to grasp the soft earth. Ilektriki folded his wings and looked up at the sky longingly, almost as if he regretted ever landing. He shook his head to focus and glanced around him. "Not a ton of people," he mused, and swaggered like a crow toward the exceptionally large tree in the center of the park.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Zintaire » 09/21/2008 12:50 PM

Blackfeather stared up at the blue sky, snorting with derision. He didn't like these cheerful days, he liked it grey and stormy, so that no one would be around to bother him. The Battleheart loped forward and taking to the sky. He noted with dark glee that the creatures near him flinched as he spread his massive wings. He circled once, twice, just enjoying the feel of air across his hide, the sound of wind whistling through his horns. He spun, diving down before catching sight of a rather grand tree that stood in the middle of the park. He sped through the air, before landing in amongst the branches. It was nice and cool in the shade, quite comfortable and he curled up on one massive branch, watching the world go by with one half open eye. Before long, a Garudor approached, staring up at the tree. Blackheart stretched his wings wide again, staring down with a taunting at the creature, as if daring him to approach.
Zintaire
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/21/2008 5:48 PM

Ilektriki saw the Battleheart. He hesitated in his step, head to one side, then fluffed his wings and kept right on walking. If anything unwanted happened he could probably outfly the much larger Battleheart by weaving through tree branches too small for him to fit. Ilektriki reached the base of the great tree and walked in a circle around it, picking a perch. He hopped onto the lowest branch he could find, more than just a few feet below the Battleheart, then groomed his feathers and relaxed. He eyed the bushes and then glanced up at the large one perched in the higher brances. "Sup," he asked casually.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Zintaire » 09/21/2008 6:58 PM

The dragon stared quizzically at the bird. "Sup? What does 'Sup' mean?" He lashed his tail a bit, cutting scores into the wood behind him. He hated it when people used words he didn't know, especially this slang that seemed to be popping up like the plague these days. He half hung off the branch, watching the Garudor watch him. The little bird was smaller and probably faster, put there wasn't much that could stand in the way of a 23 tonne, scaly beast. He relented, for the moment, and leaned back, composing himself regally, almost vainly on his tree limb and waited for the bird's reply.
Zintaire
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/22/2008 7:06 PM

"Means 'hi', pretty much," Ilektriki replied. He kept glancing from the Battleheart to the branch he stood on, to the tree trunk, back to the branch, etc. "So yeah. Hi. Mind the branch," Ilektriki nodded to the unfortunate tree limbs.

ooc-- edit=removed stuff that was kinda irrelevant

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/20/2008 9:31 PM

ooc-- sorry bout the triple post, but I need to pull Ilektriki for another topic, because I want to train him and things appear to have died.  :cry:

Ilektriki squwaked in suprise. One of the smashed limbs had swung toward the tree trunk and also toward Ilektriki. He dove to a lower branch. Just in the nick of time. The branch all but destroyed the one he had been sitting on.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/20/2008 9:34 PM

Ilektriki clung to his branch, in shock. A nerve impulse fired his brain and he lunged off the tree, into the air. A soft voice called from below. He looked down, past the falling feathers, and saw Feint standing there. Waiting for him. Ilektriki tipped a wing and dropped to his master's side, then they took to the air together.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 10/28/2008 7:27 PM

Hiding in a tree, she sits and plays.  She flunged the crystal needle and the needle turned into a light pink rose.  The person smiled and she brought out a crystal underneath the tree the person was sitting in.  Music began to play as the person conducted.  The person wanted the boy named Ilektriki to come closer.  The smile was bright, yet the music kept on playing, over and over again.

{1}
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220