Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Seeing in the dark [[ open ))

Postby babymute » 10/20/2008 12:41 AM

The soft wind around then was indulging, at least for Shayna it was.  Adam on the other hand hated the wind, the sun, the light, everything.  Nothing ever seemed to make him happy.  Shayna couldn't help but feel happy and always felt back because she couldn't make Adam feel as she did.  Their walk in the park with Mute was a quiet one, but at the sigh of all the wonderful space and pets visiting there that day, Shay couldn't help but feel excitement course through her.  "May I go play?" the plush Yonyuu asked Mute with a wagging tail, her white feathered wings expanding with delight.

"Go right ahead, Shay," came her owner's reply as she suddenly zoomed off to play with the others.  "Why don't you go play too, Adam."  She knew what his answer was but she asked him anyways.  Today he didn't even respond, but instead grunted unhappily as his purple and black/gray tail swished behind him idly.  She kept him simply because he had been a gift from her father.  They had been together for several years now and had a great bond.  It was until recently that she began to train him though.

Ignoring both of them, the void Sahound walked towards a shadowed spot under an old tree and dropped himself quietly on the ground.  "Maybe I can get a little rest today..." he said in a whisper, hoping for this 'wish' to come true at least once in the month.  He hadn't had good luck at all lately, and instead was forced to live an even unhappier life with annoying pets surrounding him everywhere.  Mute was the only person he truly cared about, which suited him perfectly fine.  Before letting his head fall to the ground he noticed Shayna bounding about the field like a maniac.  How she could tolerate such things was beyond him, and soon he lost interest in the idea altogether.  Without another sound his head fell to his paws.

Adam post 1/5, level 2
Shayna post 1/5, level 1
Mute beginning trainer
babymute
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 58
Donate

Postby VPhoenix » 10/20/2008 4:58 AM

It had been a while since Jack had been out so Darkstar decided to take some of his pets out for a walk, but the only two that would do was ShadeImage
Chaos AlbieAnd his twin brother Shadow Image
Cursed Albiegiven that the other pets enjoyed staying at the pen too much. Shadow noticed the void Sahound by itself, and nudged it lightly. "Hey you ok?" he asked him. Shade on the other hand saw the playful plush Yonyuu and followed it excitedly. "Can I play with you to?" he asked her.
VPhoenix
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 211
Donate

Postby babymute » 10/20/2008 12:49 PM

Mute had noticed several more pets arrive while she found a place to sit and sleep.  She had become quite tired as of late and needed the rest desperately.  Shayna and Adam both had noticed, though their expressions were completely opposite the other.

Shayna became excited and happy when approached by the shadow Albie.  It wasn't every day she got to meet someone new, and even got to play with them for a bit.  "Of course you can!" she exclaimed excitedly, her feathery white wings spreading their full length for a brief moment.  She hadn't been this excited since she was adopted several weeks ago.

Adam remained quiet though, watching his 'sister' make a fool of herself around the other pets.  He definitely preferred being left alone, so when he saw the Chaos Albie approaching, his teeth grit bitterly.  Then there came the Albie's voice.  Oh man was that not a good idea for him.  "Hey you ok?" was all he said and it just threw Adam into a mental fit.  "Of course I'm okay."  He didn't speak rudely but he didn't speak kindly.  It was a place in the middle where he usually met and spoke words from.  Today was not going to be a good day after all.

Adam 2/5 post, level 2
Shayna 2/5 post, level 1
Mute beginning trainer
babymute
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby VPhoenix » 10/20/2008 8:56 PM

Shadow
blinked a bit as he looked down at Adam, then sat down on his hunches and watched the others playing "You know it surprises me at times that he is my twin brother" Shadow said in a rather dull tone, much like Adam had spoken to him as he watched Shade and Shay play. "Yay!"yelled Shade Image
excitedly as he swatted Shay's big fluffy tail. "What is your name?" he asked wanting to know his new playmate better. "Also what shall we play?"
The owner of the two pets, Darkstar sat on a bench across the park, and started to read one of his favorite novels, and grabbed an apple from his pants pocket and began to eat it. Darkstar did not care how much he stood out probably in this park, being a drow and all, not to mention his strange attire. None the less none of this seemed to bother him as he read and ate his apple, keeping a watchful eye on the two. For he knew he would be hearing from his pet Void if those got into any trouble.
VPhoenix
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/20/2008 9:47 PM

can I join too?

Ilektriki coasted on the wind, gently allowing his wings to bring him back to earth. "Here we are," he said to himself, "Here again." He sighed, "Dear Master, I think I'm quite loyal enough!" His feathers ruffled and he made his way to a nice shady tree. He had an odd gait, something like a swagger, and it attracted just as much attention. Attention he didn't want. He was constantly in fights with someone or another simply because of the way he walked, as if he owned the world. He walked the way he did because his talons were too long and needed trimming. Ilektriki blinked in suprise when he noticed the tree was already taken. "Oh sorry," he said quickly and started to leave, but hesitated.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby babymute » 10/21/2008 2:41 AM

Mute watched from afar, amused at her playful Shayna.  That Yonyuu was always getting herself into trouble for being too rowdy and playful, mainly because the places she was taken to didn't allow such manners.  Today she was welcome to act how she wished though.

Under the tree it seemed that the chaos Albie wasn't as hyper as his brother was.  And when he spoke again he made it clear that the two of them were related by birth.  "My identical twin sister Acacia is an annoying twit most days.  Guess I still have to love her in the end though right?"  It was rare to hear sentences come from his mouth, as desiccated as they might be sometimes.  He wasn't in the mood at all today and his mood was worsened when he could sense another being (a Garudor to be exact) approaching his spot without knowing he was there.

Growling under his breath in the lightest of sounds he waited for the bird to reach them and knew he was there even before he spoke.  His voice was majestic in a way, loud and proud and full of dominance.  Well if he expected such treatment here he'd have to be thrown off his high horse.  With that thought in mind he soon after didn't hear another word but instead heard his talons hitting the ground as he left.  Without a sound, Adam lifted his purple and black-gray head backwards to look at the bird.  "Might as well invite him," he thought bitterly to himself, biting his lip in a fuss.  "Why not join us then, since you've already made a trip over here?"  Too bad for him he had a kind side to him.

When his head turned back towards the front he watched his Yonyuu companion for a moment, disgusted at how playful she and the twin Albie were being.

Shay couldn't help but giggle to herself, excited about being out in the open still.  When she heard the Albie's voice once more she stopped moving for a moment, only long enough to answer him.  "I'm Shayna," she said through a fit of giggling.  "What's yours?"  There, now that she had finished that she could play again.  But as soon as she looked away another question came and she was more than delighted to reply.  "We can play chase.  Or hide and seek.  Or..."  She couldn't think of anything real to play.  They weren't children, at least she wasn't anyways.  But she enjoyed being able to play and have fun like any other creature did.  "What do you want to play?" she added after a few silent seconds.

Adam post 3/5, level 3
Shayna post 3/5, level 1
Mute beginning trainer
babymute
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby VPhoenix » 10/21/2008 3:14 AM

"I suppose" Shadow
said watching the two, and wondering what his twin had in mind, if it was just play or something else. Shadow was a bit disappointed by the Sahound's response to the approaching Garudor, hoping he would have told it off so the two could keep talking more with each other. Shadow did not protest though after all the Sahound was there first. "I am Shadow by the way" he told

Shade
was happy to learn his playmate's name, his tail wagging excitedly. Shade pondered  for a moment the list of games to play and came up behind Shayna. "i know Shayna lets play chase! with me chasing you"
VPhoenix
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby VPhoenix » 10/21/2008 3:14 AM

"I suppose" Shadow
said watching the two, and wondering what his twin had in mind, if it was just play or something else. Shadow was a bit disappointed by the Sahound's response to the approaching Garudor, hoping he would have told it off so the two could keep talking more with each other. Shadow did not protest though after all the Sahound was there first. "I am Shadow by the way" he told

Shade
was happy to learn his playmate's name, his tail wagging excitedly. Shade pondered  for a moment the list of games to play and came up behind Shayna. "i know Shayna lets play chase! with me chasing you"
VPhoenix
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/21/2008 8:16 PM

Ilektriki turned. "I will stay, then," he said in mild suprise. "I went out this way from the Slums because. . ." his voice trailed off. "Well, I'm really not sure why. Master's orders. They never end," he sighed and settled at the base of the tree. He towered over both of them, even while sitting. He was suprised they welcomed his prescence. He gazed around the furthest reaches of the park, and easily spotted pink on green. Ilektriki watched the lively Yonyuu for a while. Pink was not a color he saw too often. It was like staring at a neon sign for the first time, hard to look away or ignore."Have either of you been to the Slums?" he asked suddenly.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby babymute » 10/22/2008 1:33 PM

Time was moving slowly and it didn't take long before Adam realized he had ruined his own day.  By responding to the Albie and then inviting the Garudor to join them, he had single handed ruined his own alone time.  Scorning himself silently, the Sahound returned his head to his paws and remained quiet.  How could he have been so stupid?  Closing his eyes for a moment he thought of times when he was alone, how peaceful and calm he was.  It was easily done when he was left alone, unless Mute was the one bugging him.  Even his sister couldn't get away with bugging him while he wised for peace and quiet.  Returning what little attention he was given them, his eyes focused on the two creatures that now stood with him in the tree's shade.

The Albie had suddenly introduced himself, but this was before the Garudor had come back.  Before responding he would let the bird speak, and when he did so there came no name, only a location: the Slums.  He had never been there nor did he expect to visit any time soon.  He disliked traveling long distances without real reason, though short journeys were pleasantly calming.  "I am Adam," he said briskly, wanting to yawn at how boring these animals were.  "And no Garudor, I personally have never stepped onto any part of the Slums before, and I expect it won't happen for a long while."  Could he have been any ruder? Of course he could have, and a ruder voice could have been used as well.  Considering his discomfort he was quiet calm and collected, his voice the same as his expression.

Shayna couldn't help but enjoy herself, flying through the air in small bursts like a hyper little sparrow.  But she wasn't little or big.  She was decently sized right in the middle of the two.  She waited patiently as she could for the Albie boy to answer and finally he did.  Chase?  That could be fun, couldn't it?  She hadn't played that in such a long time, it felt like ages since her last game of chase.  "Alight then!" she exclaimed happily.

Turning away from the group he was apart of, Adam looked over at Shay just in time to catch her eye.  Instead of making her feel bad she stuck her tongue out at him, excitement rushing over her.  "Catch me if you can!" she squealed happily, rearing onto her hind legs like Cavallions would.  Without another sound she dashed off with a solid leap forward, landing with a soft whoosh sound on the ground under her.

Adam post 4/5, level 3
Shayna post 4/5, level 1
Mute beginning trainer
babymute
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby babymute » 10/22/2008 1:34 PM

Time was moving slowly and it didn't take long before Adam realized he had ruined his own day.  By responding to the Albie and then inviting the Garudor to join them, he had single handed ruined his own alone time.  Scorning himself silently, the Sahound returned his head to his paws and remained quiet.  How could he have been so stupid?  Closing his eyes for a moment he thought of times when he was alone, how peaceful and calm he was.  It was easily done when he was left alone, unless Mute was the one bugging him.  Even his sister couldn't get away with bugging him while he wised for peace and quiet.  Returning what little attention he was given them, his eyes focused on the two creatures that now stood with him in the tree's shade.

The Albie had suddenly introduced himself, but this was before the Garudor had come back.  Before responding he would let the bird speak, and when he did so there came no name, only a location: the Slums.  He had never been there nor did he expect to visit any time soon.  He disliked traveling long distances without real reason, though short journeys were pleasantly calming.  "I am Adam," he said briskly, wanting to yawn at how boring these animals were.  "And no Garudor, I personally have never stepped onto any part of the Slums before, and I expect it won't happen for a long while."  Could he have been any ruder? Of course he could have, and a ruder voice could have been used as well.  Considering his discomfort he was quiet calm and collected, his voice the same as his expression.

Shayna couldn't help but enjoy herself, flying through the air in small bursts like a hyper little sparrow.  But she wasn't little or big.  She was decently sized right in the middle of the two.  She waited patiently as she could for the Albie boy to answer and finally he did.  Chase?  That could be fun, couldn't it?  She hadn't played that in such a long time, it felt like ages since her last game of chase.  "Alight then!" she exclaimed happily.

Turning away from the group he was apart of, Adam looked over at Shay just in time to catch her eye.  Instead of making her feel bad she stuck her tongue out at him, excitement rushing over her.  "Catch me if you can!" she squealed happily, rearing onto her hind legs like Cavallions would.  Without another sound she dashed off with a solid leap forward, landing with a soft whoosh sound on the ground under her.

Adam post 4/5, level 3
Shayna post 4/5, level 1
Mute beginning trainer
babymute
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/22/2008 9:49 PM

"Pity. The Slums is a nice place, sort of." Ilektriki sought for a word more truthful than 'adventurous' and more appealing than 'dangerous'. Nothing came to him. He sighed the same old sigh with the same old breeze under the same old shade in the same old grass in the same old park with the same old orders: Do Nothing. "Do you have a master who annoys you, too?" he asked no one in particular.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby VPhoenix » 10/23/2008 1:32 AM

Shadow was about to respond to the Garudor and Adam when the annoying Garudor began to speak again about the slums. The slums, ha! why would anyone or any pet want to go to such a lowly place as that. The only one from the Haven of Darkness that went there was Jack and that was to find some fresher food for himself or some of the other pets at the Haven. Especially since no one would care if someone just vanished from the slums anyways. When the Garudor finally decided to shut its beak shadow spoke. "I have not gone to the slums myself and like Adam here I have no desire to go to such a repulsive place like that!" shadow answered in a very agitated tone. It was bad enough the Garudor decided to join them, but now it was really starting to get on shadow's nerves. That and Shadow had a way of feeding off the negativeness of others, after all that is why he chose to go over to Adam in the first place. "Well as they say three is a crowd, and I'm not much for crowds. It was nice meeting you though Adam." Shadow then got up and walked back over to his owner Darkstar who was still reading, and gave Shadow a nice pat, as he went back to reading.

Shade on the other hand was having the time of his life as Shay agreed to play catch with him. He was excited to be able to play with someone as energetic as her. Not only the fact Shay is a lot more playful than his twin brother Shadow, but Shay is also female which intrigued Shade a bit as well. "Fine with me!" he yelled after Shay as he sprinted after her as fast as he could go.
VPhoenix
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby babymute » 10/23/2008 3:27 AM

It wasn't like he hated company, but more like he disliked it.  He could tolerate crowds and being surrounded by other creates without a problem, but it was more the fact that he preferred being left alone to his thoughts.  The Garudor hadn't spoken his name yet, so Adam was still unsure of what to call the creature.  "This Garudor will have to work then, now won't it?" he thought coarsely, gritting his teeth for a moment as the bird spoke of his home.  There had to be more words than what he used to describe the Slums, but apparently they were as vile and unappealing as he had assumed and imagined.

Before he could speak, Shadow had suddenly decided to talk and so Adam remained silent for another moment while he half listened to what the Albie said.  "I agree, yet I don't."  It was true and what was even truer was that the Albie had assumed he meant he thought the place a disgusting wasteland.  Although that fact remained true enough, it wasn't something he'd say aloud with a resident present.

As he thought the Albie spoke once more and pronounced his exit, finding the group of them more than enough.  "Suit yourself," he said blankly, turning away to look at the bird while Shadow returned to his owner's side.

"My owner isn't annoying, it's the pets she had aside from myself and my sister."  He motioned towards Acacia, giving his focus back to the Garudor male. "You haven't given me your name yet, though.  Mind doing so, so that I don't have to continue trying to think of what to call you?"  His voice was solid and calm, emotionless and empty.  Emotions weren't easy to come by, as acquaintances and house mates alike soon discovered after meeting the bloke.

Adam post 5/5, level 4, (+ 1 stats & + 2 loyalty)
Mute beginning trainer
babymute
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby babymute » 10/23/2008 3:38 AM

She could feel her pulse escalating and become more rapid as she ran, looking back every so often to see where he was.  She could win this game easily, especially without her advantage of having partial working wings.  His voice rang out over the distance between them as he dashed towards her.  It hadn't taken long for her to get a good length ahead of him, so she decided to stop for a few second to take a breather before starting again.  What she hadn't noticed was that he was gaining speed, and soon he was close enough to catch her.  "Darn it!" she said in a mutter, taking a deep breath as she dashed off again, hoping not to get nudged or poked.

Shayna post 5/5, level 2 (+ 1 stats & + 2 loyalty)
Mute beginning trainer
babymute
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next