As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Fire! {{Open!}}

Postby Carlie » 11/09/2009 9:47 PM

Chaos grinned happily as he walked along the rocky ground, staring into the lava flow next to him. What was it? It looked like fire. He could tell from the heat coming from it that it must feel like fire (he was (just barely) smart enough to know better than to stick his paw into the lava). But...fire didn't flow like that. He stopped walking to study it closer. He was standing close to the small ledge he had approached, appearing very close to falling in. He was more heat resistant than most creatures but bot enough to survive that. He leaned closer, trying to get a better view. He was teetering over the edge...

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: Fire! {{Open!}}

Postby Flowza » 11/12/2009 9:19 PM

Image Common HollowheartImage

Feu roamed along the lava river watcing it flow with smoke rising above it.  He was walking in his human form making sure he didn't get too close to the boiling magma.  Being his usual self he was doing whatever he pleased, going wherever he wanted.  He turned a corner  of large volcanic rock to see a unusual creature starring curiously into the lava.  What the heck is he doing?!, Feu wondered.  He was about to walk up to the creature when he relized he was still in his vulnerable human form.  Backing up cautiously, he closed his eyes, searching deep inside and feeling the transformation he had felt so many times before.  When Feu open his eyes again his apperance was much different, now a hollowheart.  Feu walked on all fours toward the unknown creature...
"I've never seen someone so curious about lava.  I mean, you have seen it before haven't you?"
You always seemed so sure
That one day we'd be fighting a suburban war
your part of town against mine
I saw you standing on the opposite shore
But by the time the first bombs fell
We were already bored

We were already, already bored
Sometimes I can't believe it
I'm movin' past the feeling

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 393
Donate
Location: In a Dream *correction* I'm not? Hehe well that changes alot

Postby Carlie » 11/12/2009 9:58 PM

If Feu hadn't come along, who knows what would have happened? Chaos very well could have wound up in the lava if he hadn't heard that voice. I mean you have seen it before? Chaos jumped slightly and spun around to face the hallowheart. "Lava?" He questioned, tilting his head sideways the way a dog might. He seemed to consider it for a moment and then quickly shook his head 'no.' "Is it fire?" he asked, looking genuinely confused. "I can't tell." His voice was raspy and rather unintelligent sounding.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 11/12/2009 10:29 PM

Feu stared at the him in amazment.  He actually had to clue whatsoever what lava was.  Feu looked at him straight in the eye to see if he was being sarcastic but he could tell that creature was genuinly confused.  
"Yes, lava.  In a sense I guess you could say its fire, just a more dangerous liquid version of it.  By the way, you might not want to stand to close to it either.  Its quite hot and not very safe to touch"

Feu explained in the best way possible.  He started to study the creature again.  It sure didn't sound like the "sharpest knife in the drawer" but there was something about him that seemed innocent.  Feu took a step  closer and introduced himself,
"I'm Feu"
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/14/2009 12:51 PM

A beautiful hunter with saber teeth down to his chin and a fierce expression perpetually carved into his stone face leapt gracefully from ledge to ledge, caring not to set a malachite foot into the hot blood of the mountain. When one of his stone feet hit the rocky hard-lava ledges, they made a sharp clinking sound as musical as chimes, only just as loud as a lion. The hunter leapt onto a rock made an island by a lava river on both sides and clung to it with his sharp stone claws. He had picked this rock because it was taller than the other ledges and he wanted a good look at his surroundings. His vivid, deep-set emerald eyes picked out a gleam of armor through the shimmer of heat, and a larger shape near that. With a powerful lunge, the hunter flew over the river of liquid rock and landed safely on the other side. He trotted up to meet the newcomers, which was unusual for him; normally he stayed away, and far away. But, after a week of nothing but heat and danger and dry rock, it seemed a little appealing to have some limited company. He didn't plan to stay long, a few harmless minutes was all. The hunter slowed his steps and finally stopped a safe distance away, both for his sake and theirs, and stood tall and impressive with his tail swaying lightly. He felt a greeting would be appropriate, but nothing was coming to mind. His curse for being such a loner, he supposed. He felt sitting quietly, however, was rude, so cleared his throat with a deep and growling voice.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Carlie » 11/14/2009 3:05 PM

When Feu explained the dangers of lava, Chaos jumped away from it. That was close! "I'm Chaos!" Then, he heard someone nearby clearing their throat. He turned his head around quickly, looking for the source of the sound. Then he saw it- a hunter! "Hi!" He grinned. More people! He loved being around others, most of the time. "I'm Chaos and he's Feu."

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/14/2009 3:29 PM

The hunter bobbed his head in greeting and shifted his feet. The high energy of the mekka made him want to turn on his heel and leave, but his sense of manners held him back. How could his unforgiving god take him in when he knew he'd turned other deserving people away? He wouldn't. The hunter gave a soft, echo-y sigh and sat down, thinking it would invite conversation. "I am Æðelstan Nuada Hunter," he said, his deep voice ringing like wind on a wet rock. "Some call me Nua," he added politely, knowing his given name was hard to pronounce. His tail twitched on the rock behind him, and he glanced from the mekka to the hollowheart and back again, his face quite literally stone. He didn't quite trust these people, but they didn't appear to be most threatening. That comes from living with fiercer things, I suppose, he thought to himself.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 11/16/2009 5:35 PM

Feu stared at emerald creature.  How unique...where does something like that come from? Feu wondered.  You could say Feu was a snob sometimes, he always did what he wanted so that didn't really help when it came to his politness. He judged the creature looking him up and down.  In his eyes it looked like a carved peice of emerald with no sense of personality whatsoever.  "Hmmm, Nua?  I'm Feu, as you know since I've been already introduced ", Feu glanced at Chaos, "Pleased to meet you...?", Feu stuck up his nose, looking down at the creature.  "Whereabouts are you from" Feu growled, trying his best to spark up a conversation.  He may have been stuck up and rude but he was curious about the..."living emerald rock"
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/16/2009 7:38 PM

Nua's eyes narrowed. He was unused to such snobbery directed towards him. He was old enough to have served Xai're, so was in fact more used to a certain level of respect, especially from other hunters. From his point of view, a mere child had turned its nose up on him. Mentally he debated whether to answer the impudent hollowheart at all. He was rather tempted to put the beast in his place, but he remembered being taught at a young age that anger, 'should never be used in conversation', were the words used. Ahh, well. Another time. With a last subtle leer, Nua turned the side of his head to the creature and instead focused on Chaos.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 11/16/2009 8:26 PM

Chaos plopped down on the ground, deciding that he would stay here with these people for a while. He could explore this 'lava' thing later; he felt like meeting new people right now. He looked back and forth between Feu and Nua. They didn't seem to be getting along all that well...He shrugged it off, it was probably nothing. When Nua focused on him, he grinned stupidly. "Cool name." He seemed very puppy-like for such a large, usually vicious creature. It was unlikely that he realized he did not act like his kind usually did.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 11/17/2009 5:35 PM

Feu slyly smirked at the sight of Nua's anger.  Feu loved his own ignorance and enjoyed annoying others.  He was surpirsed though when the "green lion" simply turned his head to center his attention on Chaos.  Normally, Feu would have bothered the creature as well but he didn't think the Chaos would take it the same as others would.  On the other hand, Chaos seemed to like the rock.  Feu noticed that the Nua had ignored him so he pretended not to notice and repeat himself,
"Hmm, very interesting name indeed, whereabouts are you from, Noah?"
Feu purposely mispronounced the creatures name, just to be spiteful.  He gave his fake trying-to-be-friendly smile and sat down to get comfortable.  This was only the start.  Something deep inside told him to stop but he pushed the feeling away and looked Nua directly in the eye.
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/22/2009 3:26 AM

Nua peered at the hollowheart through the corner of his eye and thought the child needed a beating. He felt something more severe would be--he immediately muttered a prayer of repent with his eyes closed. His god didn't favor any excessive violence, unless it had some religious reason behind it. He needed to keep his mind clear until the dragon spoke against the god. That would be the excuse he needed to--Nua muttered a prayer of repent again. Lightly shaking his head, he bowed politely to Chaos and thanked him for his compliment, his hollow voice tinted with pride. His name, he felt, was an honorable one. The meaning "Noble Stone Protector" was certainly impressive, if nothing else. He nonchalantly shifted his posture and gave his back to the hollowheart, both to keep Chaos centered in his gaze and keep his mind off the insulting Feu, who would've been feeling very sore by now had he been one of Nua's underlings. He sat stiffly with his back strait and his head high, like some kind of war general, but this posture was everyday for him, as was his over-polite demeanor. It was because of his over-politeness that he didn't up and ditch the group now, as he very much wanted to. He had places to be, a certain marked-for-dead person to meet, and an irksome hollowheart to distance himself from, but it would be rude to simply go. He bobbed his head at Chaos. "You have a fine pelt for a mekkayena," he noted, merely politely. "How is it you came to be born with such unique colors?" Nua didn't really care, but it was something to discuss. Silence was another thing he was taught not to have in a conversation.

((ooc -- don't take it personally--Nua's a one-sighted warlord. Bloodshed's often on his mind.))

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 11/22/2009 9:40 AM

Feu stared dumbfounded.  This odd creature, Nua, had just ignored him again!  Usually, Feu could really make someone's temper flare but this guy just set Feu's insults aside like an unwanted toy.  Maybe now just isn't best timing he thought to himself, as he observed Nua take an intrest in Chaos's pelt and yet, the green creature looked as if he could care less.  Why the heck is he even here?!  Why can't he just go and leave me alone! Feu's emotions took a turn when he relized that maybe Nua was just sticking around to annoy Feu.  Feu relized then that it didn't matter if he annoyed "the green monster" or not, he just wanted him to stop being so polite and leave.

~5~

P.s. I understand....Also, please don't take Feu snobbery personaly.  He was raised spoiled  :P
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/27/2009 5:45 PM

Nua flicked the tip of his tail impatiently. He was starting to feel the heat from the nearby lava flow, and it was making his weaker joints soft. He shot the molten rock a glare, and was instantly captivated by its slow, pulsing movements. He stared in wonder, and casually glanced down to examine one of his own paws. How was it rock like himself got to move in such a way? He regretted not giving the lava a closer look earlier. He was too rushed.

"Do either of you live here?" he asked in his slow, polite voice. He was more than merely curious, for if they knew the area they might know of a local shrine where he could rest and pray, and maybe study the lava further. It was starting to interest him.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/05/2009 1:58 PM

((Sorry about taking so long. I've been kinda busy lately, so when I did log on, I usually wasn't on very long. And along with that, I was having a case of roleplayers-block. ^^; ))

"Thanks!" Chaos was grinning when his pelt was complimented. "I 'unno why it's so different. My dad's was too," he gave a slight shrug. The lack of mention of his mom was because of the fast that she died shortly after giving birth to him. He hardly knew anything about her. He watched the lava, as did Nua, also captivated. He shook his head 'no' when asked if either of them lived there. "It's my first time here...it's really cool."

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next