Post your Scavenger Hunt topics here! ONE (1) TOPIC PER PERSON! Put your answers in your topic and DON'T look in other people's topics! No cheating will be tolerated.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Scavenger Hunt 2012

Freezair's Scavenger Hunt List

Postby Freezair » 02/10/2012 9:03 PM

-Freezair's Post of Postiness-

1.        Who are you? Create an avatar of yourself. You may draw it, use a doll creator, model it, or paint it. Image must be within 150 x 150 to 200 x 200. Use image tags. (10 KS)

Hiiiiii. :D

2.        Reminisce. Look through your RP posts and think back to your favorite post, the post you’re most proud of. Post it here using url tags. (10 KS)

I've always been fond of the one where Fluffy gets his Ballama. It's a bit cheesy, and also a bit outdated--Krii doesn't talk so outrageously any more, I called Jimmy's father Seymour instead of Julius, and ensouled!Fluffy has an angry outburst that doesn't really fit with his later character, but it's still not too bad. :D

3.        What are you playin’? Play a computer game, take a snapshot. Use url tags. (10 KS) @

Creature Feature
Me playing Docking Station, from the Creatures series. And of course, this screenshot displays a number of ways in which I have modded my game to all heck. :P My cursor is a funky blue color. I'm using the C12DS mod, which gives me the world and items from the original Creatures game in Docking Station. And of all the breeds on display here, not a one of 'em is official! The cat-like ones are Neko Ettins, the lizardy one is a Chameleon Ettin, and one of the Ettins has the legs of a breed called Poodle Ettins. :P

4.        Baal is a video game major. She wants to know what games you enjoy. Create a list of games you play on what consoles. (ex. Mass Effect 2 for PS3) List at least five games. (10 KS) @

GAMES FREEZY LOVES:
-Rayman Origins (Wii, also available on 360 and PS3)
-Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GameCube)
-9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (DS) (Its sequel, Good People Die, will be available on 3DS and Vita)
-Spyro the Dragon, Spyro: Ripto's Rage! Spyro: Year of the Dragon (All on PS1)
-Odin Sphere (PS2)

5.        But wait, there’s more! Create a list of games (on what console) that you wish for but do not have. List at least five games. You must own the console. (10 KS) @

-Dragon Seeds (PS1)
-Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns (DS)
-Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS2)
-Kirby's Air Ride (GameCube)
-Red Steel 2 (Wii)
(Hey, you never said they had to be new games! 8D)

6.        Draw or sketch a character of one of you Evelon pets (in pet form) as a game character! Essentially, have your character cosplay a character from a pre-existing game. Indicate your character’s pet image, the picture, and the game name here. Use url tags. (10 KS) @

I drew Figment, who looks something like this: Figgy!
Cosplaying as Razputin, who he was based off of: Razzy-Figment!
Who is from a game called Psychonauts, which is excellent and amazing and you should go play it NAO. It has crazy doctors in it. Everyone in Evelon loves crazy doctors, right?

8.        Look alikes. Find an Evelon pet then find an image of a realistic animal that looks alike. Post the two images in url tags. (10 KS)

Tengumi
A crane from a park here in town

9.        Kuhna-Nip! Create a fake Evelon product! Give it a name, a one line slogan, and a small advertisement description. Written only. (10 KS)

Snips and Snails! Sugar and Spice!
They're what perfect little boys and girls are made of!
Let's face it: Whenever a couple is expecting a new child, they're almost always hoping for one or another. Maybe they want a son, for a dad to teach sports to and a mom to bring up as a perfect gentleman. Or maybe they want a daughter, for a mom to bond with and a dad to spoil. But why hope? With the SNIPS AND SNAILSTM potion and the SUGAR AND SPICETM potion--from the folks who brought you the award-winning LOVEY-LOVE POTIONTM--you can know for sure! These perfect potions guarantee that all your little Paragon hatchlings and Lucain pups will be the sons or daughters you've always wanted.
EXATONICS: CONTAINS TRACE AMOUNTS OF CHEMICAL X. Side effects may include football-watching, spontaneous ballet performances, burping, excessive sandwich consumption, and heartburn.

(This was actually a potion idea I suggested a while ago, but it wasn't in theshops yet when I wrote this. D: I hope it's OK...)

10.        Pick your favorite Evelon character of your’s. Indicate their name here. Then, write a haiku about this character. (25 KS)

Kane Peppermint:
Chocolate is good
For Lucain and Kuhna
Poor real animals

11.        Which of Baal’s characters has hair obscuring both eyes when in human form? (25 KS)

Jesper Slade

12.        Name five Evelon pet species that owns horns of any kind. (25 KS)

- Choopa
-Battleheart
-Hollowheart
-Albie
-Chernobyl

13.        Fyoooshun! Find images of real animals online. Photo manipulate and splice the images together to create an existing Evelon pet. Use url tags. (25KS)

I hope this counts. Not technically animals, but... it is a photomanip! Really, it is! ...Sorta...

14.        What colors are you? Make a color swatch of yourself! Choose three or four colors that you think describe you and explain why you think they apply to you. Color swatch must be an image within 200 x 200. Use img tags. (25 KS)

It ain't pretty, but I ain't pretty either.
Light blue: Light blue is just sort of my general signifier color. It's the color of the sky, which my head is usually in. I'm a dreamer, yo. It's kind of an icy color, and I love the cold and ice. And it's a color that's sort of soft and nice, which I can be in my good moods...
Bright yellow: Bright yellow signifies three things about me. First, it's a super happy and cheerful color, and I can be really hyper in my best moods. XD It's the color of stars, which I also love, so it also signifies my dreaminess. But it's also one of the colors of fire, and as I have displayed in arguments before... I have a pretty fiery center. It's the part of me that contrasts with the cool, easygoing ice, and it's the part that never gives up.
Gray: Gray is a quiet color. It blends in with the background, and doesn't speak up too much. In real life, I'm a very shy person. In rooms with a lot of people talking, I feel like the silent, gray one over in the corner. But being social tires me out, and I often need time to myself to be quiet. Gray is the simple, solitary and quiet side of me.  

15.        Like #8, create a color swatch of your favorite color scheme. Use three or four colors. Image must be within 200 x 200. Use img tags. (25 KS)

Light blue, dark blue, and lavender! Some people might recognize this as the "Freezair color scheme"--it's the color scheme of The Attobeast, and also my custom Freezair Lubshi. And if I ever get a Blizzard Lohelani, it'll show up there, too. XD I also like dark blue, white, and yellow (the "space" color scheme), but I figured this one is more "me" on Evelon.

16.        Mwahahahah! Your character now rules the entire world. What will your character do next? What would he/she do with this new seat of power? Write about it or roleplay it. Post the image of your pet. Must be at least 5 sentences. Use img tags. (30 KS)

IF THE ATTOBEAST RAN THE WORLD:
In some ways, The Attobeast would be a good leader. In some ways, he wouldn't be. The Attobeast has the mind of a child. In some ways, his thoughts, untainted by the truly dark side of the world, have an optimism to them that would lead him to strive for the best in the world. He would disband armies and destroy weapons in order to prevent wars, he would ensure that good teachers are paid more than professional athletes, and he would make it his goal to have good food, clean water, and medical care available to everyone in the world. He would probably make volunteering mandatory by law (which isn't really volunteering in that case, but you get the picture). However... he also views the world in black and white. Criminals would be punished horribly even for minor infractions, and some of the punishments he would devise would be doubtless seen as very cruel. He would ban certain things on whims, just because he didn't like them, and he would get certain ideas into his mind and be unwilling to budge on them, just because he's stubborn like that and refuses to admit to being wrong. But one thing's certain: He would be toughest of all on bullies. He was created by his child, all those years ago, as a way of defending her against bullies and lashing out against them, and he still holds deep grudges against them to this day.

17.        Create a colored image of one of your pets in MS Paint (or the Mac version of it). It doesn’t have to look good, lawl. Use url tags. (30 KS)

Tobias the Trickster, done in MSPaint!

18.        What are you eating? Take a photo of some food that you’ve munched on. Use url tags. (30 KS)

PANCAKES.
These are the pancakes I made for dinner last night. Yes, I have pancakes for dinner sometimes. Got a problem with that? 8| I was really proud of them, though, because they were so perfectly circular. Perfular!

19.        Guess the Evelon pet in this image. (30 KS)

Desert Nagi (I'm so good. I didn't even have to look it up to confirm it. B|)

20.        Are you an adventurer? Find a photo of one of your exploits in real life to a new or exciting place. Perhaps a vacation or a road trip. You do not have to be in the picture. Use url tags. (30 KS)

OK, so it's not a super NEW place, but... it was an adventure! :D Last weekend, I went to the Festival of Books here in town.
Here's part of the festival! It's festival-tacular.
Here's the arch of SCIENCE outside the University of Arizona's big science building. They build Mars rovers there, yanno!

21.        Design a colored image (traditional or digital) your dream custom of any of the Metamorphosis Clinic species. No add-ons. Use URL tags. (30 KS) *

Mango the Lucross

22.        From #21, name this character and write an in-depth personality for him/her/it. Must be at least 10 sentences long. (30 KS) *

Name: Mango
Personality: In her home universe, Mango is a member of the esteemed red drake species: Strong, powerful, fiery, and fiercely intelligent. Poor Mango, however, is just a little bit... dumb. She's not the brightest firework in the box, for one thing, and although she can follow orders, it's generally only because she's magically compelled to. Most red drakes take teams of people working in tandem to tame; Mango was captured by one person, and a novice at that. (Sure, said novice had huge amounts of innate power, but it still doesn't say much about Mango's strength.) She has the spacey, never-quite-with-it attitude of your typical valley girl, and while she likes her mistress well enough, she never understands her. Now, thanks to some mishaps with the mystic portal, Mango has found herself within the realm known as Evelon, and she's even more confused than usual. She's lucky a lot of the Evelon pets can understand her speech, because she'd never know what was going on otherwise. She's fascinated by things she's never seen before--unfortunately, there's a lot she's never seen before--and even the simplest of unusual objects, like straw hats, cause her brain to completely shut down as she attempts to comprehend it. Those who speak Pet remark that her favorite phrase is, "Whaaaaaat? I, like, don't get it..." Her mind often drifts to food, since she loves to eat. In fact, one of the first things she often tries to do when she sees new things is to eat them! One thing about Mango, though--she has the vague idea that she's stupid, and would like to fix it. She thinks it will make her master like her better, and while in Evelon, she endeavors to become a more intelligent creature so that she can return to her mistress a new drake. Now she just needs to figure out how to do that "learning" thing...

23.        Write a brief segment of a story that your creature from #21 might be involved in. Write as if in a roleplay. Must be at least 10 sentences. (30 KS) *

The Lucross cocked her head to the side. Skycutter buried her face in her wing.

"Look, I don't mean to be short with you. But I'm afraid you're just not listening to me, despite me repeating myself multiple times. So I'm only going to say this once more: I. Am not. Made. Of. Rock. Candy."

Mango's maw hissed open. Her voice drifted out lazily, like the scent of fruit on her breath. "Ohh, wow! Like, for real? I'm just, like, sooo totally stupid sometimes!" She laughed in a chirrupy fashion. "Like, duh. You're so totally not candy. Like, what was I even thinking? Candy doesn't glow in the dark!"

The Temple Garudor groaned. "Yes. That's the primary reason I'm not made of candy. I glow in the dark. Now will you kindly stop trying to bite my leg?"

"Yah, totally and junk," Mango replied. "Gosh. I wonder what flavor you'd be if you were candy, though? You look kinda like a blueberry? Maybe a blackberry, yah? Some kind of, like, berry and junk. Maybe you're acai flavored! Yah, I bet that's totally it. But I could be wrong, you know? I mean, I'm, like, totally called Mango and I'm not even a little mango-flavored! Especially 'cuz I, like, never eat mangoes because they're so totally gross. You could be, like, pineapple or something!"

Skycutter began to walk away. Her tensed claws dug unusually deeply into the dirt. "I'd imagine I taste like chicken," she humphed to herself.

"Ooooh! Maybe you're Boysenberry flavored! I mean, I know a guy, and he's, like, totally called Boysenberry, right? But he's not Boysenberry flavored at all! But I bet you are! We should test it!" Surprisingly speedy on her stout little legs, the Lucross ducked beneath Skycutter's wings. Her maw opened up wide, and she sunk her broad, toothy mouth around the stony shell of Skycutter's leg.

With a deep, low crowing, Skycutter bowed her head. "This is going to be a long day."

24.        Fancy feet. Draw 5 sketches of your Evelon Pets’ feet/paws/talons/whatever (in pet form.) Be creative! You may only draw legs/feet. Include all 5 sketches in one image. Stay within 600 x 400 pixels. Use img tags. You may include your pets names. (30 KS)

25.        Rock a Bye Baal. Write the lyrics for an original Evelon lullaby. (30 KS)

Mama's Ballama
Mama, mama, she bought a ballama,
To watch over baby while daddy's away.
Mama, mama, here with ballama,
Sings here to baby through night and through day.
Now Mama sings up, and Ballama sings down,
And Ballama backs up while Mama starts a round,
And baby is waving at the clouds 'bove his head,
And Ballama tells Mama, 'He's ready for bed.'
And Ballama and Mama and Baby and Daddy
All go to sleep in the house 'round the paddy
And Mama holds Baby, and there rests Ballama
In the lap of the lady with the red pajama.

29.        Choose a character. Now you get to kill them! Write a short, dramatic death scene for that character (you choose the scenario). At least five sentences long. (30 KS)

I knew if I looked, I would never forgive myself. But I knew if I didn't, her soul would never forgive me.

She lay there, my Avani, dragged out from beneath the rubble and dust by the Prometheus dog who'd dropped it upon her. But forget Prometheus for the moment--my Avani. Some part of her, that great and glorious Earth Paragon, had never been mine to begin with. Some part of her had always belonged to that ancient age which birthed her. And yet, never more than in that moment had she been truly mine. The crushed and broken body she now wore--that had been birthed into this world, not the forgotten one from which her soul arose. That body that I had helped from the cracklings and heavings of its brown-shelled egg, and held in my arms from her childhood, and ridden alongside in her adulthood. Every bit of that was mine. And every bit of me was hers.

Avani's lungs beat against her shattered rib cage in little flutters, and the twisted face of the Promethean scientist leered over her. "Not so mighty now, are you, my dirty little friend?" He kicked a cloud of plaster splinters into her nose, and Avani snorted. "Do you know what I've had to put up with, all of your life? Do you know what I've endured, all this time I've hunted you? Your laughter! Your Xai're-forsaken laughter! All that giggling when you eluded me! All those hideous puns! Even when you dodged me, you made jokes! Oh, but never again, my friend. Never again. There's nothing funny about dying, is there, girl?"

I clenched my teeth. Avani's head lifted, ever so slightly. Weakened for want of air and coated with rubble, Avani's voice crept out. A speck of light danced through her murky words.

"Au... contraire." She wheezed. "Death... is... hilarious."

The Promethean's smile froze. "Ha! Are you going delusional, my friend? I hear it's a good idea to walk toward the light!" His own laugh rang out, then, a thing as devoid of color and full of static as an old television broadcast.

"The funny thing... about Death..." She coughed, and blood spattered the floor in front of her. "Someone... who fears death, as much as your kind... Fears it enough to go... to go looking for immortality..." She drew breath sharply. "Despite that, you... you keep killing people, everywhere you go. Don't you think that... that that's a little ironic?"

The Promethean scowled. "You idiot girl. Irony doesn't work like that."

Avani heaved weakly. I think she was trying to chuckle. "Really? Well, I guess... that's another funny thing, then." She breathed out, and made a cloud of dust. "All... all I know is... I'm not going... unless I get the last laugh. Not going anywhere."

"Then I suppose you'll be lingering painfully for a long time, you idiot Paragon," the Promethean said.

"Oh yeah?" Avani countered. I saw her eyelids drooping. I bit my lip, and my fingernails bit the skin of my arms. Every bite braced me. "Look... up."

With a quiet "Huh?," the Promethean scientist looked upwards. There, hanging loose in the wind, was a chunk of ceiling his bomb had blown away. It dangled perilously above his head, laden with snapping, disconnected wires, iron rebar bent into deadly spikes, and sheered concrete. All that kept it from falling were a pair of vines, withering quickly with the Paragon who'd spawned them.

The branch on Avani's forehead began to crackle and dry up. The fibers in the vines above began to snap. My tears quickly gathered the raining dust. Atta girl, Avani. Atta girl.

"Ha... ha... ha."

30.        Connect the dots in order in this image and guess the pet. Post the image using url tags. (30 KS)

Mmm. Dotty. It's a Roosken.

36.        Lovely Lucain. Design five new markings for the Lucain species, using this template. Markings may be minimarks. Briefly describe each marking in 1 to 2 sentences. (50 KS) %

Sun Bear
This marking is based off the sun bear. ...Obviously. There's no real story behind this one, other than sun bears are cool. Lucain with this minimark are often laid-back and easygoing. They love to bask in the sun!
Circuit
A circuit board-inspired marking, for all your cyberpunk Lucain needs! Lucain with this marking aren't even believed to be real! Some think they're really projections of an elaborate computer program that gained sentience. Also, I made it while listening to this music.
Jester Socks
This could be either a marking or a mini-marking. Your call. Lucain with this marking are frequently very jokey. They love to play pranks and make jokes, which can be either endearing or annoying. Also your call! (Inspired by Fi and Ghirahim from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, but works for a lot of things.)
Echo
This marking is a little bit more abstract than the others. In fact, I'm not sure it'll make sense to anyone but me. >_< Lucain with the Echo minimark tend to be a little bit flighty. They're kind of aloof, and always seem to be deep in thought.
Glitch
Oh yay, another cyber marking! Rumored to be an offshoot of that same program that allegedly created the Circuit Lucain, only they're a little more... erratic. If you know what we mean. Just... keep them away from your sharp objects, mmkay?

38.        Make me laugh, make me cry! Write a short story that has a plot twist by the end (or several!). Must be Evelon related. Limit to two-three paragraphs. Post it here. (50 KS)

The end was upon Valiant Hoof at last.

The Penticorn lay upon his side. His mane was in tatters, mangled through and through by the enemy's blades. Mud was smeared throughout his fur. Several of his once proud horns lay, snapped off in the grass beside him. His eyes were clouded over and glassy. The sun that gleamed above him was spotless and perfect; its heat beat down on his side. Warmth spread across his flank, but form was frozen and fixed. His nearness to death had drained all the movement out of him. He could only watch, stoically, as the Lucain approached him. Though young, the pup had already developed a thirst for destruction. His spittle-encrusted jaw hung open, nosing towards the belly of the fallen warrior. A young growl stirred in the young soldier's throat.

From off in the distance, in the great white garrison of the Lucain pack, there came a howling. One of the pup's fellow soldiers, a female, was calling to him. Her voice was tinged with accusation: "Bob-by! Did you do something with my 'My Pretty Penticorn' dolly?!"

The pup's features fell. He scooped up the bedraggled toy in his jaw and bounded for the bushes. "Uhh... nope, sis! Haven't seen it!"

39.        Ttee time! Adopt a new Ttee and take a screenshot of it initially (must have 0 clicks and time stamp must be during this Hunt). Grow the Ttee, then post its image here. Use img tags. (50 KS)

Screenshot of Wytee as an egg
And Wytee grown:

44.        Find those reptiles! Complete this crossword puzzle by finding all of the species from the Scales ‘N Tails pages. Use url tags. (75 KS)

Word search completed!

47.        Bring them to life! Digitally animate a sketch of an Evelon pet. Must be 4 – 5 frames at least. Use url tags. (100 KS)

Krii smirks and laughs.

48.        Draw and color of chibi of one of your characters (pet or human form). Print it out if done digitally. Now cut that character out of the paper and use them in a photo. The photo must depict your character interacting with the real world around him/her. Use url tags. (ex. I claim this bunny in the name of SCIENCE.) (100 KS)

Toulouse bit mah fingah. :\

49.        Oh gods, math. Color in this image correctly, using the table provided. Solve the math problems to find which color to use. Here is a clean version of the image, if you wish to color on this instead. All colors must be correct (does not require shading). Submit your image here, use url tags. (100 KS)

I colored it. Sorry his eye looks a little funky. In order to get it to fill correctly, I had to set the threshold right u, which led to the eye getting filled with color, which meant I had to fix it awkwardly.

52.        Sculpt a Lubshi or a Shinzo in clay. Take one to two photos of your sculpture. Bonus keystones if it is colored. (200KS, + 50 KS)

Lubshi (Side View)
Lubshi (Front View)
Here's my Lubshi! I made it out of Sculpy. All of the colors I had were kind of... weird, so I loosely based it on my custom Lubshi, and loosely on nothing at all. It's a random pink and purple Lubshi. XD That counts as colored, right?

53.        Evelon food fun! Create an edible depiction of an Evelon pet in real life. Cook it, bake it, make an arrangement of cheese cubes. Use your imagination! Take photos, use url tags. (200 KS)

Have some Sleepyheart bread! :D
Uncooked, in dough form

This is my Sleepyheart after I finished preparing the dough. Before I set it aside to rise, I sculpted the Sleepyheart out of it. Just like a real Sleepyheart, it needed to rest... under a warm covering of Glad wrap, nonetheless. ;P

Baked and yummy

And here it is, hot and fresh from the oven! It was very delicious. Especially with butter, while it was still warm. :D

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate