Post your Scavenger Hunt topics here! ONE (1) TOPIC PER PERSON! Put your answers in your topic and DON'T look in other people's topics! No cheating will be tolerated.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Scavenger Hunt 2012

Hiero's Hunt List

Postby HappyHappyHierophant » 02/20/2012 10:53 PM

The Rules!

* Label each task with the number of the task on the list. Your tasks must be labeled appropriately and in numerical order for them to be considered.

* For the tasks you do, please post the task number and INSTRUCTIONS as well. Post your answers after the instruction prompt.

* For all entries that require images, please use the url tags. Do not post images unless indicated by the task.

* You may only do each task ONCE unless indicated otherwise. You will not be rewarded for anything not indicated in the prompt.

* All edits to your Scavenger Hunt entry must be made before the deadline date. Entries stamped with edits made after said date will be disqualified.

* Please note that you DO NOT have to complete every single task. You may only do the ones you believe you can do. The more you complete, the more KS you will get!

* There are some tasks marked with symbols (ex. ‘*’, ‘@’). These will give you an extra reward! If there is more than one of the same mark, those tasks are in a ‘set’ and all must be completed to receive the reward. See ‘Special Rewards’ after the Task List.

* Create a thread for yourself in this area.

* Do NOT look at other people's links. No cheating will be tolerated.

* Before the deadline, edit out ALL UNCOMPLETED TASKS for your list, if you have any.

* READ EACH TASK CAREFULLY! Srsly.

End Date

March 18th, Midnight EST (Sunday)

The Task List:

2.        Reminisce. Look through your RP posts and think back to your favorite post, the post you’re most proud of. Post it here using url tags. (10 KS)

3.        What are you playin’? Play a computer game or a console game, then take a snapshot or a photo. The quality of the photo doesn't matter, as long as I can discern that it's a game. Use url tags. (10 KS) @

4.        Baal is a video game major. She wants to know what games you enjoy. Create a list of games you play on what consoles. (ex. Mass Effect 2 for PS3) List at least five games. (10 KS) @
MOST OFTEN (I'm broke, yet a collector. I usually only buy the Sims, Okami, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, and Metroid series, which are all quite dear to me.)
• The Sims 3 for PC
• The Sims 2 for PC
• The Sims for PC
• Fable: The Lost Chapter for PC (Before they stopped making it for PC. Grrrr.)
• Okami for Nintendo Wii
• Okamiden for Nintendo DS
• Pokemon White for Nintendo DS
• Pokemon Heartgold and SoulSilver for Nintendo DS
• Pokemon Diamond and Platinum for Nintendo DS
• Pokemon Emerald for Nintendo GBA
• Pokemon Silver & Crystal for Nintendo Gameboy Color
• Pokemon Yellow for Nintendo Gameboy Original
• Pokemon Battle Revolution for Nintendo Wii
• Pokepark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure for Nintendo Wii
• Pokemon Channel for Nintendo Gamecube
• Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass for Nintendo DS
• Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Nintendo Wii
• Legend of Zelda: Spirit Track for Nintnedo DS
• Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker for Nintendo Game Cube
• Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap for Nintendo GBA
• Legend of Zelda: Four Swords for Nintendo GBA
• Metroid Prime for Nintendo Game Cube
• Metroid Prime 2: Echoes for Nintendo Wii
• Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for Nintendo Wii
• Metroid: Other M for Nintendo Wii
• Metroid Prime: Hunters for Nintendo DS

AT FRIEND'S HOUSES (Freeeeloader.)
• THE SILENT HILL SERIES (OMG. LOVE.) for various consoles.
• POOOOORTAL. And Portal 2. For PC. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.
• Half Life Series for PC.
• Gary's Mod for PC
• Mirror's Edge for PC (Mercury is hot.)
• Assassin's Creed Series for PC (Sexy game. All of them are hot.)
• Fall Out Series for PC (Grungy.)
• Minecraft for PC
• The Resident Evil Series for Playstation 1 and 2.
• The BIOSHOCK SERIES for Xbox 360
• Just Cause for Xbox 360 (WHEEEEEEEEEE.)
• Saint's Row the Third for Xbox 360 (My guilty pleasure... D:)
• Halo Series for Xbox and Xbox 360 (Stopped caring after Halo 2. Felt it was too mainstream. *shot*)
• Mass Effect Series for Xbox 360 (BUTTFACE Shepard wears a hot pink suit with purple stripes and green LED things. To look like Professor Genki. And he's bald. I know; I'm so mature.)
• Oblivion and Skyrim for PC. (I was awful at it until I took an arrow to the knee. ...I still am, actually.)
• Monster Hunter Tri for Wii. (Liked a lot, but did not get to play long.)
• James Bond Golden Eye 007 or whatever for Playstation. (Friend kept tricking me into killing myself. Did not enjoy.)
• Borderlands for Xbox 360. (Same friend kept on tricking me into killing myself. Did enjoy, save for the creepy voices screaming at me from somewhere for no reason I could deduce.)
• Monster Hunter Tri for Wii. (Liked a lot, but did not get to play long.)
• Nazi Zombies from Call of Duty: World at War for Xbox 360 (Found Call of Duty very unoriginal and boring, (and of course mainstream *shotdead*) to be perfectly honest. Too many jerks. To many modders. Friend apparently had no idea how to set the contrast and color properly for his TV, so I never saw where they were coming from. Barely made it past 3 rounds at best.

5.        But wait, there’s more! Create a list of games (on what console) that you wish for but do not have. List at least five games. You must own the console. (10 KS) @
I'm honestly can't think of one that I'd want that would run on my computer. I'm hoping if possible for the option to let Evelon be considered a game of sorts and just ask for Keystones or Customs? I'll list five games that interest me, though:
• Minecraft for PC
• Civilization 5 and Expansions?
• Mad World for Wii
• World of Warcraft (I've only every played Warcraft 3, and am slightly interested in it...)
• Rift and Aion too? MMORPGS... Even an Adventure Quest Worlds premium...
• Pokemon Black 2 and Whit 2 when they come out?
What would help me most. And probably make me love you forever:
• Adobe CS5. *shot*

7.        Jump in the IRC! Make sure to use your username. Say hello, make some new friends, and don’t forget to take a screenshot! Use url tags. (10 KS)

8.        Look alikes. Find an Evelon pet then find an image of a realistic animal that looks alike. Post the two images in url tags. (10 KS)
To me a Bruma looks most like a Sun Bear, with elements of a badger.

9.        Kuhna-Nip! Create a fake Evelon product! Give it a name, a one line slogan, and a small advertisement description. Written only. (10 KS)
SNICKY SALT!! ®
Just a dribble, and watch them shrivel!! ™
In stores near YOU now! Is your garden infested with these adorable mollusks? Well with just a can of SNICKY SALT® and any household broom (sold seperately), you can rest knowing your garden will be doing just ROSY!!
*SNICKY SALT® is in no way responsible for any adverse environmental affects, radiation, or revenged reeked upon any consumers by mutant Snickies created from such radiation. SNICKY SALT® does not compensate for any nausea induced by our awful puns. This product contains dairy. This product is not approved by the FDA and is not fit for consumption. This product is not dolphin-safe.

10.        Pick your favorite Evelon character of your’s. Indicate their name here. Then, write a haiku about this character. (25 KS)
Johnathan Gaius.
Wakes up broken-hearted. And
goes to bed alone.

11.        Which of Baal’s characters has hair obscuring both eyes when in human form? (25 KS)
Jesper Slade, also known as Claptrap.

12.        Name five Evelon pet species that owns horns of any kind. (25 KS)
Aries, Yingshee, Albies, Gyrophants, and Tuskows all have horns of some sort.

14.        What colors are you? Make a color swatch of yourself! Choose three or four colors that you think describe you and explain why you think they apply to you. Color swatch must be an image within 200 x 200. Use img tags. (25 KS)
Ex) Image

Although I'm deadly silent, mild mannered, and reserved in real life, I feel that on the internet, I can take on a more active, different personality, which is I guess what I tired to illustrate. (It turned a little too much like the example, sorry, bleh.) Online, I get hyper, I try to be funny, I even get a little ditzy and oversexualized. But hey, where else to do it besides the place where no one can see you, right ... ?

15.        Like #14, create a color swatch of your favorite color scheme. Use three or four colors. Image must be within 200 x 200. Use img tags. (25 KS)

I'm a big fan of every shade, tint, and hue of yellow, blue and green. I also have a deep love for neutrals, preferably warm ones that remind me of velvety chocolates or tiramisu. I suppose this palette is an attempt to bring some of those together. Hope you like it.

16.        Mwahahahah! Your character now rules the entire world. What will your character do next? What would he/she do with this new seat of power? Write about it or roleplay it. Post the image of your pet. Must be at least 5 sentences. Use img tags. (30 KS)
This is a little short story written in an apocalyptic future for Marjane Lorraine Lelia, my 'nurse' character.

The dank smell of singed and infected flesh left the nurses entering the ward gagging, and yet with some iron will they merely pulled their masks tighter around their pallid thin cheeks and adjusted their air tanks and proceeded to switch bandages on the patients. Many of them had came straight from the academy and had never operated on a body before, but found themselves snipping away at blackened dead flesh that couldn't be saved with a fierce  expertise, half-spurred by the doctorly attitude of the need to cheat death, half from fear of the grotesquely mutilated forms lying before them. The cots were lined up around the circumference of a round cement block room with grungy thick glass privacy windows taped over with clear duct tape in case of another bombing. About seven feet above the windows hung various machinery that would be lowered for the incoming surgeons, now of which various intravenous bags hung limply.

After each of the eight patients and that ward were bound with new bandages that were already soaking through, the nurses quietly scuffled away, and the surgeons entered. They were suited even thicker than the nurses, pawing glinting silver surgical instruments around the living corpses around them. The lead surgeon came last, and she walked with a canter that upon closer inspection allowed a viewer to realize she, unlike the other surgeons, was a woman.

The hatch closed behing her, and she continued straight ahead to the metal dais in the center of the room, where various monitors documented the patients vitals. She emanated a certain sense of regality yet did not look sad or happy, concerned or apathetic. She was an old woman in an epoch that made her feel even older. She had never needed to worry about the bombing when she was a child, and yet two of the patients of the ward were themselves children. She was merely doing the job she had been assigned as Chief of Staff.

There had been a time, the first years of the war where she had been scared of her work, and the headache nausea that had resulted. How could men maim each other so? Where was Zu'hai when children lay in these cots bleeding? But by now, half the city had been flattened by machine and metal, and if her heart felt anything, it certainly wasn't fear. She somewhat felt it was her responsibility to feel nothing at all. Her hospital was one of the few hospitals still running.

She had always been a good doctor, a good healer. She was talented, astute, and erudited over the many years she had spent working in medicine. She was innovative and smart. Some had said before the war that she ruled the medical industry. But now, with so many lying in these cots at the hospital, she would say she was the one that ruled the world. Not either side. She alone held the power of mankind. And in her world she knew everyone's names, everybody had their own cot to lay in and lived together quietly as possible. Everyone in her realm was treated equally and fairly and were accomodated for in any way she could.

Afterall, difference in blood didn't seem to matter so much when so much of it was flowing together on the floor.

17.        Create a colored image of one of your pets in MS Paint (or the Mac version of it). It doesn’t have to look good, lawl. Use url tags. (30 KS)

18.        What are you eating? Take a photo of some food that you’ve munched on. Use url tags. (30 KS)

19.        Guess the Evelon pet in this image. (30 KS)

20.        Are you an adventurer? Find a photo of one of your exploits in real life to a new or exciting place. Perhaps a vacation or a road trip. You do not have to be in the picture. Use url tags. (30 KS)

25.        Rock a Bye Baal. Write the lyrics for an original Evelon lullaby. (30 KS)
The last Penticorn has given out its bray-
The last Lunaflies have come to dance the night away-
The last Garudor has spread its wings a-splay-
So promise me child, and don't delay-
Sleep where your dreams will carry you away-
And when you are grown the please will you may?
Remember I love you all night and day.

29.        Choose a character. Now you get to kill them! Write a short, dramatic death scene for that character (you choose the scenario). At least five sentences long. (30 KS)
The bullet entered through his chest with a flower of red, spraying across the white of his shirt. Who? How could he have? The pain rippled out from waves, and he fell to the ground. Dots began swimming around his eyes. You never know if you want to die until you do...

30.        Connect the dots in order in this image and guess the pet. Post the image using url tags. (30 KS)

31.        It’s almost Valentine’s Day. In the words of your character, write a love letter to another one of your’s or someone else’s character. (30 KS)
Sed:
I just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed our time together at Idalani. Your someone I could spend my whole life with. But finding that picture of Rod - I just didn't want to be the mistress. I couldn't be. I know I shouldn't just have left, but I didn't know what else to do. I didn't want to fight with you. I didn't want to really even deal with it at that moment. I just couldn't believe it.
Sed, I love you, I always will. But I can't be a side thing with you. I don't want to hurt you, but this is hurting me. It has to be either Rod or me. Whatever you choose, I'll always love you, and I'll always remember meeting you.
John

33.        Take a photo of one of your real life pets. If you don’t have one, adopt an inanimate object and make it look like a pet! Use url tags. (30 KS)

38.        Make me laugh, make me cry! Write a short story that has a plot twist by the end (or several!). Must be Evelon related. Limit to two-three paragraphs. Post it here. (50 KS)
She touched the long box in her pocket and smiled. It was wonderful to have a secret to herself, she thought to herself as she walked home. Although the street lamps were already lit meticulously by the man that came everday at 6:00 to light the thick tallow with a long torch, the sun had just begun to  set and showered the street with golden light. To the girl, it was as if she had a Midas-like effect, just feeling the cool stone of the walls along the street seem to bask them in the sunglow gold, and it seemed that everything was all the more beautiful.

Would he like it? She thought to herself. But she knew he would. She had seen the way he looked with longing whenever they passed the antique store together. A pistol, that according to the antique store owner belonged to Grand Hollowheart, though the owner seemed to have a sense of grandiose about everything in the store. Either way, the craftmanship, even to her, who had a bit of a disdain for weapons, was outstanding, intricate bits of gold leaf were carefully etched to make little characters along the ebony barrel. The handle was pearl, of couse. Her brother had always been a frugal man, but they way he looked at it like a little boy, almost as if he had been her younger brother as opposed to her older. She had to save pocket money for almost a year just to get it for him.
It was a bit of a struggle to walk home. She had always had problems walking after the radiation, but she had made surprising recoveries over the last few months. What better way to celebrate her independence? She was no longer a little girl he thought she was. She had gone months forcing herself to resist her craving for lozenges and pastilles. She was a woman, she thought herself, grown just like her late mother. She could take care of herself.

She continued along the street, taking a shortcut across the alley with her little limp. She suddenly had what her brother would call a "premonition". An antsy little feeling in her stomach she just couldn't pass away. But before she could contemplate it, she felt a hand on her shoulder and was thrown back. The whiplash hurt her neck, and she fell hard on the pavement. When she opened her eyes, there was a strange, greasy looking man. Then she saw the knife. He was grinning at her, with awful gray and yellow teeth. She reached in her pocket, and closed her eyes.

The sound was loud. And awful. But she knew she was now safe. The man had fallen on his side, arm draped over her, the knife dangling loosely in his fingers. She took into her hands - gold-leaf, pearl handle. Overall, the craftsmen ship was very nice. She placed it in the box along with the pistol, and walk home all the merrier.

39.        Ttee time! Adopt a new Ttee and take a screenshot of it initially (must have 0 clicks and time stamp must be during this Hunt). Grow the Ttee, then post its image here. Use img tags. (50 KS)

45.        Be friends~ Write a nice, friendly PM to one of your fellow Evelonians (do not PM Baalsbaby. That’s too easy. X’D). Tell them why you appreciate their work, their personality, or even just them as a whole! Screenshot the resultant message from either your Outbox or the Sent Messages tab. Post it here, using url tags. (75 KS)

48.        Draw and color of chibi of one of your characters (pet or human form). Print it out if done digitally. Now cut that character out of the paper and use them in a photo. The photo must depict your character interacting with the real world around him/her. Use url tags. (ex. I claim this bunny in the name of SCIENCE.) (100 KS)

49.        Oh gods, math. Color in this image correctly, using the table provided. Solve the math problems to find which color to use. Here is a clean version of the image, if you wish to color on this instead. All colors must be correct (does not require shading). Submit your image here, use url tags. (100 KS)

51.        Cross the dimensions. Take a photo or use an old one. Digitally draw an Evelon pet into it. Make it look as real as possible, as if the pet were actually there! Image must be colored, photo must be your own (or may include you in it). Use url tags. (200 KS)

52.        Sculpt a Lubshi or a Shinzo in clay. Take one to two photos of your sculpture. Bonus keystones if it is colored. (200KS, + 50 KS)
Apologies for the patchiness and the quality:
Shot 1
Shot 2
Shot 3
Shot 4

53.        Evelon food fun! Create an edible depiction of an Evelon pet in real life. Cook it, bake it, make an arrangement of cheese cubes. Use your imagination! Take photos, use url tags. (200 KS)

Special Rewards

@ = (#3-6) Entry into a raffle to win a FREE GAME from yours truly. One winner. Winner will be asked for shipping details and location or product download details depending on product picked.

* =  (#21-23) Entry into a raffle for a custom Clinic pet. One winner.

% = (#36) Chosen few Lucain markings may become official Evelon markings. No set amount of winners.

*** = (#55) Entry into a raffle to win a Chaos Elixir (apply to a breedable pet permanently. Allows breedable pet to produce random colors and markings during breedings) and a Mysterious Egg.
HappyHappyHierophant
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 40
Donate