The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

Plastic Beach [P: Feint & cloudwilk]

Postby Feint » 06/16/2016 10:09 PM

Cahir basked in the sun's rays atop a plastic island, exhausted from chasing sardines. The open, rolling sea stretched from horizon to horizon in all directions, meaning that plastic mass was the only form of land for miles around.

He was torn between being grateful for its presence and hateful of the wasteful human creatures that put it there. As it melted, it boiled the water, summoned the deadly red tide, and starved all that would mistake it for food - but for now, it saved him from fatigue.

He cast a thick forked tongue across his eye and took in his surroundings. As unappetizing as his fluorescent scales looked, and as unusual as it would be to find a bird this far from shore, he was still mindful of danger.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Re: Plastic Beach [P: Feint & clowdwilk]

Postby cloudwilk » 06/16/2016 10:35 PM

Image Elgyn was not often spotted in the Nodia sea. Not that he had anything against it, of course. The sea was just too often off course of where he needed to be. Elgyn was used to frequently traveling to certain destinations, typically in areas covered in ice. At this point, however, the long journey's he'd take with the migrating likuta were less journey-like and more ritual-ish. He hated it. He hated it so much he left his family and moved to a new island with new faces from all over the world. Seeing such fresh eyes made him feel... alive again. Like there were still achievements to be reached.

And so, one afternoon, the likuta went to a place he hadn't been to ever before- the Nodia Sea. He had heard about the coral reefs, kelp forests, sinkholes, vents, and all other good water things. It left a new taste in his mouth that he longed after. Mmm.... The saltiness of life would be more present in such an ocean. The smell of eating, drinking, and all the other lifely things, would certainly be an inspiration to his imagination. Oh boy! Perhaps he could even tell stories and whatnot and come up with worlds with the new creatures he'd meet! Elgyn had already gotten carried away before the rotting smell of plastic destroyed his mental pictures. He moved forward quizzically before spotting the strange landmass. He hadn't seen something so... foreboding before. He gazed at the poisons it left in the water. Whatever this was, it was certainly a site to behold.

Elgyn paddled besides the mass for a little bit, unsure of what to make of it. It was threatening but... he came for adventure, right? Was he expecting everything to be hunky dory? He searched underneath the mass for others. Sorrowfully, he wasn't met back. No fish. No critters. Just... some extra darkness from the shadow cast of the mass. He came back up for air to look at it once more. It was indeed just absolutely huge.
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 270
Donate

Re: Plastic Beach [P: Feint & cloudwilk]

Postby Feint » 06/17/2016 12:04 AM

((Are you gonna use the newbie token in the Huntsman's Hall for a custom pet? You're only 20ks short. :3 Also, my phone keeps autocorrecting Cahir to Chair... Dx))

Cahir was quick to notice the newcomer, even as distant as he was from him. Being in his direct line of sight helped.

"HELLO!" he hollered, unsure how easily he would be heard. He started to raise a claw and wave it, but quickly changed his mind. Why go through all this effort making sure he could be seen when he could just trot on over?

Cahir unsteadily hobbled toward the edge of the island. The plastic was by no means grounded, and turned easily under the slightest pressure. It was like walking on marbles.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 06/17/2016 8:49 AM

((I believe I already have- It's paid for and everything. Just waiting for the order to be fulfilled~))

"Hello!" Elgyn heard before almost taking another dive in the water. It paused him just as his whiskers tickled the surface. He perked his head back up, ears alert, and tried to pinpoint where he heard the noise come from.

Then he noticed it- a cursed icthysaurs hobbling his way. He wasn't sure whether to inch closer or back off... The way he walked didn't seem aggressive, though his colors warned against that. Since he had been spotted already, flight might just instigate something instead. He waited in the ocean and waved his paw, but still cautious to talk.
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/17/2016 2:53 PM

((The huntsmans hall is exciting to me. Customs used to be hard to get and were rare and expensive but now they're only 300ks!! So exciting.))

Cahir never made it. An ill-placed claw pushed against the wrong end of what was left of a milk carton and shot down into the greasy water, taking him with it. He yelped and vanished with a tremendous splash.

"Ugh!" he shouted in disgust. He was fully surrounded by garbage, and could feel the slime of partially melted garbage pressing into his skin. He turned his body downward and shot into the ocean proper, then looped back up toward where he had last seen the newcomer - he still wanted to say hi. Besides, moving around might shake that disgusting feeling of grease...

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 06/17/2016 5:53 PM

((I've been excited to get mine! I usually don't ask for him on RP sites sees he's (the custom) is essentially me, but this time I've got plans.))

Elgyn was a little shocked at the sight. He hadn't noticed just how disgusting the water was until the critter had vanished into it- exploiting it's nasty texture and the smells trapped in tubes of garbage. What was this about? This was not from here, right? Wasn't the sea supposed to be, I don't know, notoriously beautiful? He wanted to talk to the possible inhabitant but he didn't want to get closer to the mess. Perhaps they were close enough? Elgyn didn't want to see the icthysaurs suffer trying to make it to the edge any longer. He inched a bit closer, suddenly feeling the density thicken in the water and a bit nausea. No. He couldn't do this. He backed up, hoping he didn't do too much damage to his fur and looked towards the icthysaurs for confirmation.
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/17/2016 6:22 PM

((Lots of people on this site roleplay with their fursonas. :3 I don't have one or I would too, haha. & I just now ordered a custom for me, too, but it might take a long time for me to get it. The artist needs to redo some shading and highlights, which I'm sure they'll be unhappy about.))

Cahir popped up a couple feet away, not wanting to bump into him on accident... or scare him. Cursed pets were seldom associated with rationality, so he wanted to be proactive about keeping things calm.

"It's disgusting, isn't it?" he said. "It's the humans' garbage. They're not doing it on purpose, which is the sad part. They have receptacles for it, but it blows off and settles in the water, then drifts out here, making these islands."

"It angers the sea." he said, gesturing at the plastic island. "The water, it'll turn red and start killing, give it time." After a pause, he softly added, "Like it's cursed."

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 06/18/2016 7:45 AM

((I just got a preview of it! Now I'm particularly excited XD Hopefully yours will come sooner than you expect...))

The face of the likuta dropped at the soft addition of the word 'cursed'. He looked over the creature realizing he meant no harm. After a bit of thinking and a glance towards the water, Elgyn responded, "Really? That sounds.... awful." He looked around, "Is that why all the creatures have left? I've heard this place was full of them but all I see is... this... landmass for miles."
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/18/2016 10:15 PM

((Aw, lucky!! I don't think they've even started on mine yet. Dx Is it coming along nicely?))

The garbage in the plastic island brushed together in the breeze, making a soft chorus of unsettling noises.

"No, I don't think many people know about the red tide. It's a bit of a legendary thing," Cahir said. "They leave because the plastic scares them. Most people, they see something small and bright in the water and they think it's a fish, so they eat it... Then they're poisoned from the inside out." He quickly shot the newcomer a somewhat cheesy 'oh snap' look, as if to try and lighten the dreary mood. "Smart creatures eventually realize what's killing them off and leave - the farther the better. Anyone else doesn't stand much of a chance."

"I'm Cahir, by the way," Cahir said. "I don't normally come out this far, but I was having a hard time catching sardines and I got a little carried away. I think they may have been trying to kill me by leading me out here. Little buggers."

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 06/19/2016 8:52 AM

((It's so cute 0w0 I'm in love with it~~))

Elgyn let out an open laugh. Cahir seemed cool- but just how cool was the only question left in Elgyn's mind. Still, as much as he wanted to come in closer, the mess repulsed him- even more so after hearing Cahir talk about how deadly that stuff could be. 'Poisoned from the inside out' resonated in Elgyn's brain, making his body feel particularly uncomfortable.

"I'm Elgyn." He said, "I've never been here before... or at least I don't think. Figured I'd go someplace new as an adventure." An idea rolled into Elgyn's mind which made him more accepting of the murky situation. He looked Cahir over a bit and continued, "Do you need any help out of here? I don't mind lending a paw."
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/20/2016 4:26 PM

((Sorry for the wait, I spent the day with my dad for father's day. It was actually pretty fun; it's normally really boring. xD We did some programming on our fighter 'bots and saw Warcraft.))

"I technically am too, actually," Cahir said. "I came here to get away from the lake I was born in - too polluted, it was next to the Slums of all things, haha - but found plastic islands only a couple of years after moving here, and the first of the red water shortly thereafter." He shook his head and sighed. There was nothing garbage wouldn't touch. It would be more tolerable if it wasn't such deadly stuff in so many different ways.

"Help would be great," Cahir replied. "This stuff is a little difficult to dive through. It tends to clump together, and it's really easy to get lost or turned around. Maybe help me walk across it?"

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 06/20/2016 8:03 PM

((No problem. Was it good?))

Elgyn looked over the mess once more and went into thought, mapping ways he could bridge the gap between himself and Cahir without touching it. Of course, it was unrealistic to hope he wouldn't have to touch any of the toxic mess at all, but Cahir's stories made Elgyn particularly avid about doing so. "So, um... which way did you want to go? Any plans on going anywhere... particular or you just lounging out?" He said, mildly distracted. Perhaps... no... Maybe if he went this way! Nah. There was no truly good route. Even going underneath didn't make things feel more comfortable.

'Hm.' Elygn thought to himself, 'A polluted mess everywhere, he says. That sounds... scary. I know I certainly haven't seen things like this.' I suppose the likuta was getting a bit distracted.
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/22/2016 5:07 PM

((Guess what? The hotdog I had at the theater had gone off and I spent the last two days sick as a dog. xD Other than that, the movie was way better than I ever thought it would be. For one, Khadgar is a hot piece of kadonkadonk. I want to pinch his cheeks.))

Cahir gave a good look around. He had already fallen, so he was basically just swimming in plastic. He couldn't climb back up if he wanted to. It would have to be a swim downward.

"Well..." he said hesitantly, "Can you help me navigate this stuff somehow? If I were to swim through it, I mean. Or!" he interjected excitedly, "Help me knock away the stuff in front of me, so I can swim forward."

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 06/23/2016 10:22 AM

((Erg! It logged me out in the middle of me posting it XP I really need to get in the habit of copying my post before posting... Anyway, yea, that's part of why I don't get theater food-food. Only popcorn, candy, and (sometimes) slushies for me~ Sorry you had to get that illness, though... and, to be fair, I swear I had some kind of food-problem as well. I just woke up one day in pain. Not nausea, though... Just aching all over with some areas coming in with this sharp pain. Nice to know the movie was pretty decent! Though, I don't think I'd have the same kind of attraction ^^')

Elgyn used his thick-otter like tail to start pushing garbage out of the way. The friction of the water made him cringe a little but, compared to Cahir's situation, he really didn't have much to complain about. He began to forage a path as he every so often raised himself above the water to get a good image of Cahir. After spotting him he sink back down and adjust his path accordingly.
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/23/2016 1:37 PM

((Weird!! Did you click the thing that says keep me logged in? Also, how old are you? He's probably a lot closer to my age than yours. xD & I love movie food! I just don't normally get the hot dogs. I usually get the frozen pizzas or chicken nuggets and curly fries. They have to cook those then and there, so there's less chance for bad germs I guess.))

Cahir eagerly bounced his upper half up onto a misshapen plastic thing and pushed it, rolling, toward his side. He lowered back down for the next piece, but held the last with one slimy paw as he swam past it, using it to make sure his head stayed far above the surface. He did not want to get lost in there and start panicking. Death by plastic aspiration sounded way worse than death by plastic consumption.

He was out in only a couple of minutes, and rolled in the clean water happily. "Thanks!" he said.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Next