Anniversaries, birthdays, graduations... We all have certain large obstacles in our lives that we manage to overcome as well as those times we've just simply made it through life a certain amount of time, often with someone at our side. Is there someone you want to congratulate? Is there something you want to announce to the world you managed to do or that it's your birthday? Feel free to pop in here and do so.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Congratulations!

Wedding Plans in Progress!

Postby Kitsumi » 12/07/2011 5:07 PM

Yes, Code Chaos (or Joey, to those of you who read my journal :P) and I are finally beginning to plan our wedding! He, while helping me with every single step of preparation, is leaving all of the details up to ME! After all, as the bride, it's my day, right? Well, ever since I was a little kid watching Disney movies and daydreaming about Prince Charming, I've wanted the perfect, traditional yet still special, wedding. Gorgeous white gown, veil and tiara, my two bridesmaids in matching dresses, all the men in tuxes, flowers everywhere, and a reception in a rented area with DJ, caterers, and all of those extravagant details.

The thing is, neither Joey nor I earn a lot of money, and I'm ending my job somewhere between March-May for personal reasons. So, at the moment, we're currently looking for really, really cheap wedding necessities while still giving me the wedding I've always dreamt of. My question for you, is:

a) Do you know of any places/websites that have really cheap wedding items? Dresses, Tux Rentals, Caterers, or any of that?
b) Do you know of any places/websites that have contests or sweepstakes or whatever that will pay for parts of the wedding that I could enter?
c) Any ideas to help make the wedding cost efficient?

I know that a lot of you are my age, younger, or only slightly older...in fact, I don't think I've met anyone on here much older than me. But if you happen to know of anything that'll help, or if you know someone who does, please let me know!
Thanks everyone!

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Re: Wedding Plans in Progress!

Postby Moofius » 12/07/2011 5:47 PM

I wouldn't know anything about any of that, but congrats!

My suggestion though is to look for friends or family who might have some knowledge in making stuff...? Example: My mom, for her wedding, had her dress made by her friend on the cheap because she was a dress maker (gorgeous dress, pretty traditional like... It wasn't just a flumpy thing. It wasn't white but my mom didn't want white) and her cake was made by a friend of hers who had some experience making cakes.

So check family and friends.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/07/2011 6:06 PM

Ooh, that's a good idea. Thanks!

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/07/2011 6:19 PM

I don't know of websites, but I have a friend in the business of all that. Problem is, he's in Califronia and stuff. Definitely try to find friends and family who are either the people themselves, or know people (Putting a call out on facebook always helps me with my problems of finding things, so maybe that?) Send out a mass email, or some such to see if anyone can help, can do something themselves, or knows someone. =)

Congrats by the way! <3 (I read your journal too, so yeah. journal stalker right here. XD)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/07/2011 8:28 PM

Haha thanks Millie <3
So you're the person I'm referring to when I say something like, "Later, all you little stalkers, you" xD

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/07/2011 9:51 PM

First off, congratulations! <3

It certainly is much cheaper to make things yourself or have someone else you know do it for you, I can certainly agree on that. Anything that you plan to decorate with, you can probably make pretty easily herself.

While I'm afraid that I don't know of any current sweepstakes or websites, I can tell you that it would be best to avoid major companies when purchasing your wedding dress. You will be likely to find a more unique selection and a better price in any more local dress store. One of our malls around here has a few itty bitty little dress shops, but have some of the best dresses for great prices. <3 And, though it may sound weird, many thrift stores end up getting a lot of mint condition wedding dresses for cheap, since a lot of women only wear them once and just toss them out.

Or, if your mother/any woman you know has a wedding dress that she is willing to part with, even if you don't like it now, you could probably get it altered to fit you and look just right for you.

Depending on when the wedding is, you could try wetv.com. They have random wedding-related contests, but they don't have any wedding-specific going on currently.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2859
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/07/2011 10:08 PM

Thanks, Toxic! I never thought about using like my mother's dress or anything...but she actually has two, from my birth dad and her wedding and then my stepdad and her wedding...and she's already said that I could wear one, but I didn't really like them...didn't think about getting them altered :P

Thanks everyone for the ideas and congrats <3

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/07/2011 10:31 PM

Oh congrats Kitty! *cries and hugs you* You're growing up so fast! *pulls self together* Okay I researched a bit for you dear and here are some nice contests going on for you. These sites have quite a few contests listed for you. I don't know much about weddings....at all. So yeah....Ilu.

http://www.getmarried.com/contests/
http://www.smartbrideboutique.com/contests/
http://www.bridaltweet.com/group/weddingcontests

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/07/2011 10:37 PM

I know I already thanked you on the IRC...but thanks again! <3 You are one of the bestest friends a girl could have, and I don't just mean online =3 Love ya, and thanks for the links! :D

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/08/2011 10:03 AM

Congratulations Kitty! :3

I don't know if you've thought about wedding flowers yet, but if I lived in your area I would certainly offer my services. :3 Um, I went to a vocational technical school for high school, and I don't know if there are any in your area, but I do know that my school offered to do weddings for people. We had a horticulture program. :P And going through the school was relatively cheap, compared going to an actual florist. So, if I were you, I'd look into your local schools and see what kinds of things they do. And, I don't know if this is just at my school, but only the more skilled students in floral arranging worked on stuff for the wedding. My teacher also helped. I think you'd like your results. :3

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/08/2011 12:34 PM

Ooh, that is actually a really good idea! I think there are a few places right here in my town that might work for that...I'd have to look into it.
Thanks Jobie!

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/08/2011 12:35 PM

Accidentally posted twice, and for some reason it won't let me delete this one o.O So, ignore this post, please.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 12/11/2011 10:19 PM

Uhh. U8 -late- I meant to post earlier... xD;;; Um, well like everyone said checking with friends/family and around town is your best bet to getting cheap things. But I'd also like to tell you something to keep in mind, that even though you might not get the wedding you always wanted, you could always renew your vows at a later date when you guys get more money? U8 That way you can get the wedding you always wanted.
And also, another thing, maybe you can host the wedding at a friends or family's house? One that has a nice place? Or maybe even a park or something? xD? Outdoor weddings are nice too. <3 But yeah, those are my two cents. ;3; <3 Sorry they're not much of a help.

Anyway, congrats though. X3 So exciting~ <3

"Careful... I'm contagious."

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 130
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/11/2011 10:42 PM

First off: Congrats! :D

It's a shame you don't live in Tucson, because I know a lady who does amazing cakes and for quite cheaply, too. They're gorgeous and tasty, but sadly, shipping cake just... doesn't work.

I do think Elli has a smart idea, though. Though big weddings are nice, doing a small wedding now and having a big "renewal" reception later might be better. But if that's not an option for you... My best advice is, compare compare compare. It's true when you're shopping for anything big. Look at all your options, do the math about costs, and analyze. Also, for things like caterers, venues, and DJs, check reputations too. You can probably find a good balance between costs and quality if you look. And hey, asking relatives to cook and such works too. :D

Oh, and although I know big poofy wedding dresses are nostalgic and all... Renting a dress, and getting something smaller and more elegant, is cheaper and less of a hassle to get into. At least that's what my cousins think! :P

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/11/2011 10:59 PM

Thanks guys! =3

Those are actually really, really good ideas...and I think that a small wedding now and renewal vows later is actually better. And Freezair, your ideas are good too...I really think that I'm getting a ton of good ideas that will be put to use :)

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next