Anniversaries, birthdays, graduations... We all have certain large obstacles in our lives that we manage to overcome as well as those times we've just simply made it through life a certain amount of time, often with someone at our side. Is there someone you want to congratulate? Is there something you want to announce to the world you managed to do or that it's your birthday? Feel free to pop in here and do so.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Congratulations!

8 Days Til I'm Outta School.....And til I have to Grow Up

Postby Kylo » 05/09/2012 3:17 PM

So in 8 measely days I'm graduating high school. I am so scared, excited, happy, and sad all at once. It's very confusing. ;3; I mean sometimes I wake up and I think I'm only in the third grade for crying out loud! Time has gone by soooo fast and just seems to keep going faster and faster. School days used to seem to last forever, but now it feels like it's only lasting a hour a day. I am already enrolled in two summer courses over the summer and still putting in tons of job applications. I feel so old now man. :| I know I'm not but I feel like I am. So I get to discover all the wonderous joys of being responsible for everything in my life! ;D;

Anyway enough sarcasim on my part. Anyone else graduating? Or am I alone and just the only person scared to death of the future?

It's time like these that I wish I was less emotionally insecure and more confident in myself about this. After all I made it this far so it shouldn't be too much harder, but then again........my observations of the adult world from my family members has doen nothing but further make me believe that growing up is the worst and that being an adult sucks. Course people will tell me otherwise for like, ever, but that's just what I've seen.

And since I'm just rambling now I'll post a quote from a song I'm trying to live by. Meaning I'm trying not to be a scaredy cat over everything.

"Despite all the warnings that future doesn't scare me at all." -Utada Hikari

So uh I'm almost done with being a kid now? ;3;

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Re: 8 Days Til I'm Outta School.....And til I have to Grow U

Postby Freezair » 05/09/2012 3:48 PM

Age is just a number. You're never done being a kid if you don't want to be. ;3 Heck, I was telling my best buddy Endermage recently, you know how when you're a kid, you think being grown-up will be awesome because you can buy all the toys and candy you want? Well, looking at our recent purchases (Skylanders figures and lots of Jolly Ranchers), we decided our younger selves were totally right!

But being afraid is normal, so don't worry about that. After I graduated high school, I had a bona fide "quarter life crisis" where I did nothing but panic about the future. A lot of people are scared... but you can't help but face your fears, and it usually turns out not so bad.

The nice thing about being an adult is, you're the one who gets to decide what being an adult means for you. If you get a job at an office and want to fill your cubicle with action figures, you can. If you want to spend your vacation time going to an anime con, you can. And there's the classic and ever-attractive "Turn your room into a ball pit" option... Being an adult means having responsibilities, but responsibilities doesn't mean not having fun. Nor does it mean that your idea of fun has to be "watching golf on TV." Unless you already like to watch golf, in which case, go hog wild!

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/09/2012 5:14 PM

I'm just coming up to the end of my first year in uni now, but I can still remember last summer... how it felt for it all to end. It's incredibly scary to grow up, but trust me, it can be good too!

Independence was the best thing that ever happened to me. It's hard sometimes, especially if things change (I had to move countries and leave everything I've grown up with behind) but the freedom... and the things you learn. Nothing feels so 'achieved' as being able to say yes, I can deal with this.

Plus, on my birthday, I went to the local shop in the morning and bought the biggest tub of Ben & Gerry's cookie dough ice-cream. Hello, breakfast ^^

It's scary and confusing, but you'll be ok, I promise ^^ And I'm always here to chat, if you need someone to talk/vent/shout at ^^

Something that might help is role-playing your fears. Get them out into the open, even if it's just on your own. It might help you find a way to deal with them.

Wanna know a secret? One my mum told me? You never really grow up. You never really feel like an 'adult'. You feel independent, or scared, or strong, or lonely... but there isn't really an adult feeling. You just get wiser. So don't worry, and don't feel like you need to suddenly 'grow up' or change. Just be you, do what you have to do and what feels right, and the rest takes care of itself ^^
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2206
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 05/09/2012 5:18 PM

So...I'm sick (bronchitis, on top of whatever I may have to go to the hospital for -.-), am limited to a small amount of time on my future brother-in-law's computer, and really should be resting or using this time to search for jobs instead of posting here. But...

I'm graduating as well! I just sent my grades in (I'm homeschooled :P) and they were all in the 95+ range, averaging around 96% I'd say...so all A's! I was soooooooo freaking worried about college, how I'd pay for it, whether or not I'd get in, what I wanted to major in...yeah, lot's of worry. But now I found out that because my birth dad died while in active duty in the army or whatever, I have all of my college paid for, as well as the cost of food, bus, and possibly apartment/utilities/phone and such so I can live close to the college I'm attending. With my grades, I'm pretty sure I can get into the college I want (I've already talked to them, just need to talk to them again once I've "officially" gotten my Diploma and all that stuff) and I'm finally feeling at peace about what I want to do in my life - Psychology!

I know it's all so worrisome right now...even though I should be feeling reassured with everything working out for me, I'm still freaked out. Growing up is a big deal...but like Freezair said, despite legally being an adult, I'm pretty sure I'm still a kid at heart xD And I don't see that changing anytime soon! Experience-wise, yes, we're both more mature, and we're probably gonna mature even more during the next year or so as we join the "adult world" of college, jobs, finances, etc. But who says we need to fully grow up? I'm retaining as much of my child-like humour and fun as I can!

Congrats on graduating and growing up! Let's hope we both have just as much fun as we maturing during our college years. Whooooo! *Runs away in a hyper state, before collapsing and falling asleep*

Now, time for a nap...or maybe I'll just go to bed early...(5 pm...oh gawd I've never gone to bed this early but I'm sooo tired...) xD

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 05/12/2012 9:42 AM

'scuse me if my 'merican educational system knowledge is wrong, but if I'm right, you go through three or four different schools, right?

In England, depending on when you want to leave, you can finish school at 16.

For me, it looks like I'm going to be going on until I'm 22-24. With any luck. Hell, I've just signed up for college for 2 more years.
Anyway.
Congratshulations, Talc~
Also, being all adult isn't scary. You get a little bit more responsibility, but now I don't have to run to my mom to sign forms for me anymore 'cause I'm 18 now ;3
Also, I buy Hersheys and sweets all day :'D
In other words, don't panic about the future. Do it when you're balding, 30, have a beer belly and you spend most of your time cuddling your pillow.
Sounds like me now, just more hair. And a panda hat. I have a panda hat now. [/sugarhigh]

In short, congratulations and remember. Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/15/2012 12:11 PM

Thanks guys~ <3 I mostly have to grow up so my parents will quit griping at me. :| Cause they enjoy making my life difficult. Two more days not counting today.........I at least got my work all turned in now thank the gods. I just have to do "senior check out" meaning turn all my books in and crud. But seriously thank you guys~ You made me that much less stressed~

"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 05/21/2012 9:27 PM

You've probably already graduated by this point, but I just wanted to say congrats Talcen! I graduated last year, and it is a scary thing. But everyone here has already given you such good advice, I don't have much else to say. XD So, congratulations! :D

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169