Anniversaries, birthdays, graduations... We all have certain large obstacles in our lives that we manage to overcome as well as those times we've just simply made it through life a certain amount of time, often with someone at our side. Is there someone you want to congratulate? Is there something you want to announce to the world you managed to do or that it's your birthday? Feel free to pop in here and do so.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Congratulations!

Re: New Member in the Family!

Postby Atoli01 » 12/07/2014 5:57 PM

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that things are going great! Babies are absolutely adorable. My cousin is a year and a half now, but man, I still remember seeing him in the hospital after he was born. I'm really looking forward to those Santa baby pictures! XD;; Also, gosh, that poor kid. Let's hope he doesn't turn out to be rowdy enough for people to actually tease him like that.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/07/2014 6:09 PM

Or better yet, hopefully he'll take pride in it! "Yeah, I'm a rambunctious fireball who's always leaving a mess behind. You wanna make somethin' of it?"

I have a somewhat unusual name myself (doesn't help that it's often mistaken for a more common name), and while I'm normally embarrassed by it, I do enjoy it around those who understand its historical significance. Most people just go "Oooh, that's pretty," but those who go "What, like the ginormous ancient library?" are immediately my bros for life. :D

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/07/2014 6:36 PM

Haha. Yeah, I'm definitely hoping that he comes to own his name, rather than letting other people bother him about it!

Admittedly, I was a little hesitant about the name, because I was worried about that, but I have every intention of trying to instill something I came to learn as I grew up. Which is to not give anyone's ill opinions the time of day, to not let things bother you, and own who you are, no matter how odd you may be. As long as someone is a good person, I think that's all that matters. Learning not to worry about others' opinions made me a very happy person, and definitely want him to feel that way.

Additionally, more unusual names are popping up pretty often, these days. Things like Cash, Denim, Gunner, all those "real word," names.

Honestly, my name is sort of unusual, as well, in just that it is not a common name, nor is it usually pronounced correctly. I didn't like my name when I was younger for those reasons, but I came to love it later, since it made me a bit more unique. Hopefully, he'll feel that way, even if he doesn't like it at first.

And I am not going to lie, Freezy, now I am VERY curious about your name. It sounds pretty awesome~

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/07/2014 7:13 PM

Try typing "ancient library" into Google. The first suggestion it offers you should give you a hint. ;) It's not just the name of the library, it was also the name of the city it was in... and that city was in turn named after its very, VERY famous founder, who was a very well-known person in the historic world.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Previous