Anniversaries, birthdays, graduations... We all have certain large obstacles in our lives that we manage to overcome as well as those times we've just simply made it through life a certain amount of time, often with someone at our side. Is there someone you want to congratulate? Is there something you want to announce to the world you managed to do or that it's your birthday? Feel free to pop in here and do so.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Congratulations!

I am the adultiest of adults

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/14/2016 10:54 PM

I am officially an adult?

Anyway, I've been super busy as of late. Im in the credentials program to become a teacher for the tiny people, and its an intensive program; I spend 3-4 hours a night on homework (aka I stay up all night the night before its due). Ive been designing and teaching lessons for the past few months and I have been subbing since February (and working my other job on top of that).

But today I was offered a teaching position for the summer! I would get my own class, and although its only 20+ days (no more then 30) I will be a teacher of a kindergarten class. Its a bilingual school and one of my favorites to sub at; my students are always so wonderful and they always say hi to me and are excited to see me every time I see them again! Its sort of funny to be recognized at Walmart when I'm dressed all sloppy and they excitedly wave and yell "Hi Miss H!" Lol!

So yes! I am officially a "teacher" for a short time and by god, I'm going to do my best! I meed to finalize the paperwork but starting June 6th it will be "Miss H's class!" I'm just so excited because quite frankly I've never been happier doing what I am doing than I am now. I feel like I finally found my calling and meaning in life.

Also, I'm officially walking the stage to graduate with a BA in English on May 26th so...extra yay!!!

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: I am the adultiest of adults

Postby Mojave » 04/14/2016 11:19 PM

Congrats! :D
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/20/2016 5:08 PM

WOW! That's super duper exciting! Teaching can be such a rewarding profession, and teaching the littlest, most excited people in the world is AWESOME! Good luck Miss H~
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/01/2016 3:53 AM

Thank you! It's officially confirmed and I start on the 6th! My mom is so wonderful and she got me something special for my graduation (I got so many wonderful gifts I wasn't even expecting!)
I also got a mug with a little saying from my best and oldest friend (she's excited because she can "buy me teaching things" now XD!). Along with that, I got a pillow with glasses from my friend Jacob (he drove two hours to see me graduate!), $50 from family friends, and a turquoise necklace my uncle had cut and mounted on a silver back especially for me by a local Native American artisan in Nevada. And best of all? My grandma got to see me graduate. She was in the hospital when I graduated high school, but now she got to see me walk for my BA. And she was so happy! I am too. It was wonderful, and I am so glad to have put in all the hard work. So, 16 more weeks of student teaching in the Fall (also in Kindergarten) and I will officially be done and be a teacher!!

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/01/2016 4:31 AM

Congratulations, Millie!! This is a big step, I know, and I'm so glad your grandma could see you graduate. ;v; That's the neatest thing ahh.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...