Anniversaries, birthdays, graduations... We all have certain large obstacles in our lives that we manage to overcome as well as those times we've just simply made it through life a certain amount of time, often with someone at our side. Is there someone you want to congratulate? Is there something you want to announce to the world you managed to do or that it's your birthday? Feel free to pop in here and do so.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Congratulations!

I have to do adult stuff now!

Postby Atoli01 » 06/28/2016 9:10 PM

Well this post comes a little late, but since I'm here again, I figured I'd share this milestone in my life-- On June 1st of this year, I received my high school diploma! I focused almost too much on my studies this year, but I'm really proud to see what I can do when I set my mind to it. I managed to finish every class this year with an A (minus AP Biology, in which I got a B), and it boosted my GPA a ton! I graduated Cum Laude with three Honor Society cords (Math, English, Thespian), a Scholar's Distinction, and a 3.5 unweighted GPA (~4.4 weighted). I'm still waiting to get my AP scores back (I took FOUR of those darn tests this year!), but hopefully I can earn me some college credits.

I leave August 16th for orientation at University of Central Florida, a big state University about four hours away from where I live. My move-in day is the 19th, and classes start that following Monday. I'll be majoring in Computer Science with a minor in Digital Media. As far as clubs go, I'm looking into fencing, video game development, Japanese club, and possibly ballroom dancing, time provided. If all goes well, I'll be transferring to Georgia Tech after I finish my Associate's degree and take a year to study abroad in Japan. All in all, I'm really excited! I want to eventually end up working on artificial intelligence in video games or help program virtual reality games.

I'll also be getting my learner's permit either this week or next. I wish I could bring good news about some sort of summer job, but it's been two weeks since I put in applications and I haven't been contacted back, so... whoops! Looks at though I have the summer to study math and coding, and roleplay with you guys! Cheers to that! <3

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Re: I have to do adult stuff now!

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/28/2016 11:22 PM

Wow Atoli, things look like they're going really well for you :D Congratulations on everything, and I hope you have an awesome time at Uni :D
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate