Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: When Harry Met Sally (When Lian Met Ro) [Self]

Postby AuroraSky » 04/07/2015 12:22 PM

Well, now that was certainly a thought. Lian furrowed his brows in concentration for a few moments, before shaking his head no. He didn't seem to be the least bit concerned about it either. "Do you..." Aurora waited, not wanting to upset Lian. But at the same time her curiosity burned and would get the better of her. "Want to know?" She finished reluctantly.

Lian looked at Aurora and sighed, taking his seat again on the rolling chair. He rubbed the back of his neck. "I...guess I've really never thought of it, to be honest." And he was being honest. Aurora took her seat again, now that the excitement had passed, sitting a tad closer to him now. "You haven't?" She asked, shocked by the prospect. Lian shook his head. "No. I mean...I never had parents. I don't remember them. I don't know what it's like to have them, and how can you miss something you never really had?"

"I've spent my entire life without them and haven't been around other people who have them, so there really was never a place in my heart for them. I guess that parents have just been the kinds of things I read about in story books and such. Like mythical creatures, almost." He looked expectantly at Aurora, but she hadn't said anything. She just stared very firmly at him, and together they sat in silence. And then, without warning, Aurora lunged forward into Lian's arms, enveloping him in a very tight hug.

[68][69][68]
[57]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/23/2015 1:04 PM

As soon as the sudden contact was made, Lian involuntarily tensed under Aurora Sky's grip. In his entire life, Lian wasn't sure that he had ever experienced a full blown hug before. Perhaps he and Ed had done a celebratory hug for the success of an experiment before, once or twice, but it was never like this, and Lian wasn't sure what exactly he was supposed to do. Should he just stand there until she was finished? Should he end it, had it been going on too long? Should he...hug her back?

Yes, hugging her back seemed like it was the right thing to do. After all, Aurora Sky had evidently done this as an act of kindness, and Lian didn't want her to feel bad about doing such a thing. So after a moment's more of calculation, Lian slowly raised his arms to wrap them unsurely around the tiny Aurora Sky. His palms grazed her bare flesh (an easy feat, considering what Aurora Sky had been wearing) and he flushed a deep red against his ghost-like skin. His breathing now a bit staggered, Lian found the crooks of her waist and encircled his arms around her a bit tighter now. Was he doing this right?

Feeling Aurora Sky's arms around him, his arms around her, and her small head resting comfortably under his chin, it certainly felt right.

[69][70][69]
[58]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/23/2015 1:10 PM

Aurora had been startled when she felt Lian start to hug her back. Her grabbing him had been a bit impulsive, and she certainly hadn't expected the gesture to be reciprocated by any means. Lian didn't strike her as the hugging type. But hearing about Lian, about his very lonely existence, made Aurora's heart ache for him, and she couldn't help herself. And while she had expected him to be very awkward and stiff, Lian had surprised her but pulling her a bit closer into him and resting his chin upon her head. She sank her cheek into his chest and like this they remained, Aurora feeling very surprised about how soothing this felt. Her eyes flittered closed.

--

Mirage, by the grace of the Gods, had wiggled her way up a few more shelves now while Eggy watched, panicking as much as an Egg could, in the little shopping cart below. His eye followed the Draculi as she combed the shelves, her eyes scanning each book spine that she could read. "Eggy," Mirage complained, "None of these books are out of the ordinary. They're all," She grimaced. "Science books. Science books about real science, like biology and physics. Nothing about boiled Draculi or grilled Princess."

Eggy chirped, relieved. "I don't understand." Mirage said, shaking her head. "He must keep all of the darker stuff somewhere else."

[70][71][70]
[59]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/30/2015 5:24 PM

After one more breath, Aurora reluctantly pulled herself away upon the realization that Mirage and Eggy had been absent for quite some time now. She would have thought that the Draculi would have come grumbling down the stairs by now, demanding some dinner if she were to be spending the night in this place. But instead, nothing. And that made Aurora very suspicious.

As she withdrew herself from Lian, she could see a evidence of disappointment on his face, if only for just a moment. And although Aurora thought it would be inappropriate to say aloud, she knew she had been feeling the same pang. "I should...go and check on Mirage and Eggy." Aurora explained, her voice quieter than before. Her fingertips trailed along her grass skirt, the plant quickly shifting back to place. Lian adjusted his glasses, his face still a deep red hue, and nodded. "Er, yes. Y-You're friends." He sputtered. "Why don't you go check on them and...I-I'll try and finish up dinner, perhaps?"

Aurora thought for a moment. Before, Lian hadn't seemed very competent in the culinary area. But then again, he was a genius and she was not. Who was she to doubt his capabilities? "Okay!" She agreed, retreating with her back first to the door. "I'll be back down in a few minutes..."

[71][72][71]
[60]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/30/2015 5:31 PM

That had certainly been confusing, Aurora thought to herself as she began to ascend the staircase she had fallen down not too long before. Confusing and a bit overwhelming. Spending all that time, here in this castle, all by your lonesome? Taking another fearful glance around, Aurora shivered. She couldn't even imagine. And yet, Lian had managed to do it and survive for all of these years in isolation. What a curious man he was. Aurora couldn't wait to tell Mirage and Eggy what had occurred downstairs.

"Mirage, you'll never believe what-" As Aurora turned the corner into the guest room that they had previously shared, she furrowed her eyes upon seeing that the pair was no longer strewn across the bed. "Mirage?" Aurora called out, peeking around the room with her eyes narrowed. A Concept Draculi was usually a little harder to spot, but by now Aurora had gotten used to it. "Eggy?" Aurora paused, hoping to hear the familiar chirp of the little egg, but unfortunately heard nothing. That was very strange; Mirage had been so hell bent on leaving, Aurora didn't understand why they would have chosen to explore the place.

Sighing with annoyance, Aurora stepped back outside the room and peered down the hallways on either side. Both trailed into almost a pitch black darkness, and both looked equally uninviting. Aurora groaned, feeling a lot less brave. She was going to kill Mirage when she found her. If she found her.

[72][73][72]
[61]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/06/2015 9:15 PM

Where would they even have gone? And in a place like this, how long was it going to take her to find them? Aurora peered down the hallway to her left, squinting to see if she could make out any wandering figures (that belonged to her friends, of course, any other figures she saw would send her running scared), but it far too dark to make out anything that far down. "Mir?" Aurora called out softly. She paused, waiting hopefully for a response, but receiving none. "Mirage?" Aurora called out again, a little louder. Still nothing.

Hesitantly, Aurora took a few more steps in the direction of the hallway's abyss. She craned her neck, as if stepping a few feet forward would suddenly make the hallway so much more visible. "Mirage! Eggy!" Aurora called down, almost shouting. But alas, she was only met with the echoes of her own voice screaming back at her, which made the hairs on the back of Aurora's neck stand a little stiffer. At this point, the only thing that Aurora could do was to venture down to see if she would happen upon them herself.

And not happen upon anything else.

[73][74][73]
[62]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/06/2015 9:23 PM

Lian steadily cranked the lever of his noodle press. After a few minutes of this, his arms had begun to tingle just a bit, but he was determined to make something that would blow Aurora Sky right out of the water. Even just thinking of her, Lian felt a shy grin creep across his face. It had been the first time in a long time that anyone had ever taken any really interest in him, Ed had in the beginning but had soon become so used to Lian's peculiarity that he no longer batted an eyelash at the man, but Aurora Sky had looked at him with such wonder.

And not even just about his odd, frankly shocking past. It was about the things he did too, like repairing Ed or creating his inventions like the noodle press. Although she couldn't really understand the science behind it, Aurora Sky had been so fascinated and eager to hear more. Lian hadn't realized how nice it was to have someone who cared about the same things that you cared about, who maybe on some level was inspired by you. It was a good feeling. He liked it.

What Lian didn't like was the knowledge that Aurora Sky wouldn't, couldn't stay here forever. She most likely wouldn't even stay for more than just tonight. The time would come for her to collect her cat and her egg and traipse back down the path from which the band had come. Lian exhaled in disappointment.

[74][75][74]
[63]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/06/2015 9:33 PM

"Hey, you! You better not be sleeping down there!" Mirage scolded with a scowl. Below in his shopping cart, Eggy jolted himself awake at the sound of her voice. His eye blinked lazily, refocusing from their haze, before he looked up to stare at Mirage. She was so far up above him, Eggy could only see her head sillily poking out from beyond of the shelves, her eyes narrowed in his direction. "You can't sleep, it's your job to keep watch." Eggy chirped lowly in annoyance, evidently not pleased to be dragged further into whatever it was that Mirage was trying to do here. It had been such a long, long day, and sleep tugged on Eggy too hard for him to deny it.

"I still haven't found anything yet." Mirage started. "All of these books are just normal nerd books. The most shocking thing I've found has been some book on the history and origin of vampires..." Mirage paused, her eyes suddenly growing wide with terror. "Eggy, you don't think that Lian is..." She lowered her voice considerably, in case anyone could hear her. "A vampire? It makes sense; he lives in mostly darkness, he's so pale!"

If Eggy had a mouth he would have yawned at her.

[75][76][75]
[64]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/27/2015 11:25 AM

Mirage had just finished scaling the next level of shelves when a familiar voice, now tinged with annoyance and accusation said, "And just what is it that you think you're doing up there?" Almost surprised enough to tumble over the edge, Mirage looked to the doorway to find Aurora leaning upon it, her arms folded and her expression cool. Mirage was both frightened that she had been caught, but relieved to see that the strange man hadn't harmed her in her long absence. "I'm just taking a peek around, that's all." Mirage replied, steadily making her way to the ground.

Aurora folded her arms and raised her eyebrow. "Oh really? Because from this angle it looks like you were snooping through Lian's things." Mirage took another leap downwards to one of the lower shelves, looking offended. "Who, me? I don't believe in the invasion of others' privacy, you know that." But the guilty glint in her eyes betrayed her, and Aurora frowned disapprovingly. "Mirage, have you forgotten that we are guests in Lian's home? We aren't here to spy on him or anything, that's very rude."

"It's not rude if our lives depend on it."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/27/2015 11:39 AM

"Here we go again." Aurora muttered, stepping into the library. Mirage's empty accusations against the scientist were becoming tiresome for her friend. And after the things that Lian had confided in her, Aurora felt even more uncomfortable by Mirage's behavior. "You're right, here we do go again. Because you're not taking this very seriously." Mirage snipped, finally finding her way to the carpeted ground. The stability under her paws felt good, and she breathed a soft sigh of relief that she hadn't had an accident. She had never really been the climbing type. "We don't know him. You hear the news, you hear the things that happen to people who too readily trust strangers, and yet here you are-"

"Mirage whether you like it or not we are trapped here for the night. It's still raging outside and we'd never make it home in this weather. So we have to make do with what we have. And for the last time Lian is not a threat to us!" Aurora snapped back, even surprising Eggy a little, who had been contentedly watching the exchange between the two. Mirage furrowed her eyebrows at her. "Why are you defending him so much? He pushed you down the stairs, for goodness sake!"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/27/2015 12:36 PM

Aurora flushed, frustrated. "That's not how it happened and you know it!" She fired back. Why did a Mirage always have to make things so difficult? Why couldn't she ever just relax and enjoy the things that life threw at them? "Why do you always have to take the fun out of everything?" Aurora demanded childishly. Mirage's expression darkened, and for a brief moment Aurora could tell that she had been hurt, but before she could give a retort, a gaunt figure suddenly came to stand behind Aurora. "You've found the library!"

Mirage tensed, startled by the appearance of Lian. Aurora, however, did not flinch. Instead she turned to Lian, smiling innocently, and gestures towards the grand collection. "We did! Mirage loves to read books, so of course she couldn't keep herself away." She laughed, but Mirage could tell it wasn't genuine. "But really Lian, your library is amazing." And amazing it was. Similar to the bedroom they had taken over, the ceiling was painted with an exquisite biblical depiction, more fierce than the former. Flaming swords, shattered chariots, and angelic faces hovered over the group. The window was vast, taking up almost the entire outer wall, allowing them to see miles and miles over mountains with the storm clouds intertwined. And although the sight should have been fearsome, the way the sky was so grey and angry, it was only breathtaking.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 05/27/2015 2:12 PM

Lian smiled a friendly smile at Mirage, who forced one back at Aurora's chiding gaze. "I didn't peg you as a book lover, Mirage! Well, during your stay you're more than welcome to any of your choosing. You'll find my collection is quite extensive." He offered proudly. Mirage nodded her thanks, but did not say anything. Lian glanced down at Aurora, a soft but noticeable blush combing his cheeks as they made eye contact. "I...I was just coming up here to announce that dinner is ready. The noodles are pressed and boiled and I added a few fixinsg...I'm not the most capable of chefs, or the most experimental, but I hope it'll be to your liking."

Aurora nodded politely at him, though secretly a little nervous of what he had concocted while she had been away. "Thank you Lian, we've definitely worked up an appetite while we've been here." She said, a small hint of a smile on her face. Walking to squat by Eggy, she nuzzled his shell with her finger before scooping him up into her arms.

Liam paused for a second, scratching the side of his head before pushing up his glasses. He had forgotten all about the egg..."Er, does...Eggy need anything? I'm not exactly sure what his requirement are..."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items