Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: Is There Anybody There?

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/05/2014 2:43 PM

Winston seemed to relax considerably, for one because the two children had indeed heard of the war, and thus, the time period must not be too far away from when he died. That was relieving in itself, and the fact that they didn't pry further into what exactly happened to give his soul the boot let him smile without nervousness again. He blinked at Nick's suggestion, and he straightened up, his eyes widening. "Oh, golly, like... wait, you two can do that? You're like... ghost hunters, I guess?" he asked, looking very excited. "Oh man, that'd be the best, wow, alright so Benson--" Winston cut off as Jess spoke, and he blinked, tensing up again. He glanced around, turning in a circle, then looked back at the kids. "Off? Like... off how? Something fishy?"

[8]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 10/11/2014 3:05 PM

Nick grinned at Winston's suggestion, happy to be able to do something for the spirit. Her good mood was cut short by Jess's feeling of unease. "You can explain all about your crew members in a minute, Winston. Don't worry." It seemed pretty important to Winston, they could deal with it after they dealt with whatever was wrong with Jess. "I'm not sure, Jess. Are you sure it's not just the atmosphere of the place? It is pretty dark."

Jess shook his head slowly, opening his mouth to say something then changing his mind. He seemed to be concentrating on something, looking around the cathedral carefully. He was searching for something, Nick could see that much. He was biting his bottom lip, ignoring the fact he'd managed to break the skin. He hadn't noticed the small trickle of blood running down his chin. "Nick. Oh my god, Nick. I-I've looked, and there's nothing that can possibly, possibly be causing that shadow." He gestured behind her, their eyes had adjusted to the gloom enough to allow them to see the dark shape that fell across one the pillars of the church.

"It'll be okay. Don't worry, either of you. It could just be another entity like Winston, right?" she asked, fixing her eyes on the shadow. "Winston, have you ever seen anything like this?"

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/23/2014 11:09 AM

Winston's entire body was on edge as his eyes dragged across the floor to the shadow, and he drew in a slow, difficult breath as he stared at it, trying to connect it with some physical object. Finally unable to, Winston immediately darted towards the two kids and whipped around to face the shadow again, his transparent features tense. "No, absolutely not, I've never seen something like that... B-but..." he mumbled, glancing back at the two kids with a wince. "But I really don't want you tykes to get hurt, yeah? So... is this thing dangerous? If so, we... we should get out of here, soon. Now. Right now." He swallowed, a useless action, and looked back at the shadow, which hadn't moved yet. "R-right?"

[9]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 11/23/2014 8:48 AM

"If--" Jess took a shuddering breath. "If it's the same thing as what we met before... then yes. I-- we met a shadow like that before. It attacked us-- attacked me. I h-have three scratches," he held up his hand, making a claw-like gesture, "on my back. I needed stitches."

Nick shook her head. "You're forgetting what happened. You gave it permission." When they first started this, they'd been reckless, stupid even. It had only been a couple of them then, but they wanted evidence and they weren't afraid to stir things up to get it. It had gone around the school, an old game that had become popular once again. Sit in a circle, hold hands so no one can cheat. Say it three times, Devil, Devil scratch my back. Then open your eyes.

They'd been so stupid. Jess, Indie and Vernice had stayed late at their school one night for some extra studying, and so Jess convinced Nick to come with them. Truth be told, he hadn't been expecting anything to happen.

He felt sick. "Doesn't matter. That's still what it's capable of."

"What if it's a different thing? You'd never run, normally, Jess. ... I want to get out of here too, but I know you're going to regret it later if you don't even try and see. See if they're all the same."

The boy blinked, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Right. Winston, if you want to go, go. Find us outside and later and we'll talk about your crew mates. We're going to communicate, but we're going to be ready to run. I... have no idea how dangerous this is."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: Is There Anybody There? [m]

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/25/2014 8:04 PM

Winston's eyes darted between the both of them a look of rapidly increasing anxiety rising on his features until he was addressed, and he seemed to sober up a little bit. Blinking slowly, taking a deep, useless breath and letting it out, more for the motion of it than actually needing to breathe. "Um," he began, rubbing the back of his neck, trying to relax just a little bit, and he shook his head. "Th-there's no way I'm leaving you kids in here by yourself," he finally said, looking at both of them levelly, his brows knitting together a little. He never really  got to protect anyone when he was alive. Except that one time... Winston blinked a few times, then nodded firmly, gathering his gumption. "Maybe I could help communicate? I mean... I-I don't know much about this ghost business, but I am one... I think... so..."

[10]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 11/28/2014 6:13 PM

Jess stood up, walking around behind the bit of fallen masonry he'd been stood on. He could see the door from there. It gave him a sense of security, a false one, he knew, but it was one nevertheless. Nick followed his lead and they exchanged nervous glances. Nick reached out and grabbed his hand for a moment, the gesture was a comforting, platonic one rather than anything romantic.

"That might be a good idea. Just, maybe, say hello? For all we know it could be anything at all. I have no idea how common the thing that scratched me was." It made him nervous just to speak about it, and the fact he was facing what looked like the same thing didn't help.

Nick held their recording equipment in her hand. "Hello? Can you communicate with us at all? We don't mean you any harm."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/19/2014 2:28 PM

The darkness did not move, even as Nick spoke to it. There was a deathly silence that fell over the room, save for the slight noise coming from the recording equipment in Nick's hand, and it made Winston tremble, his useless breath coming a little fast out of the habit of fear rather than the true need to keep his lungs moving. One of his breaths came out in a sort of high noise, and at this the shadow flickered, grew darker in recognition, and Winston quickly shut up after that, clamping two hands over his mouth as he barely shifted to stand--or float, really--next to Jess, glancing at the boy with nervous white irises. Winston glanced back at the shadow, and made a decision; if these children would be brave, then he would, too. "Um," Winston cleared his throat, then raised it a bit. "W-we don't mean to trespass or anything, Mr. Ghost... or, eh, Mrs... E-either way, we're only passing through!"

The darkness seemed to flicker at Winston's voice, and a low growl came from the direction of the shadow as it began to creep closer to the three, crawling along the ground at a snail's pace, like dripping oil, engulfing little rocks and pebbles on the ground as it drew nearer. "Oh, god, i-is that a good thing?" Winston whispered frantically to Nick, his voice hushed and high with nervousness.

[11]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 03/09/2015 5:34 PM

((-turns up three months late with Starbucks- Well, not Starbucks, I can't even get Starbucks around here. I have tea, though. Which is all pretty irrelevant, considering.))

Jess noticed that Winston was making an effort, it was nice. Despite the circumstances, Jess took a moment to notice how very, very human the ghost was. Especially in comparison with whatever that was. He'd never met a ghost like Winston before, Talullah was similar, from what he'd heard, but only Harold could see her.

The low growl made Jess snap back to reality. Any other paranormal activity would have had him bouncing up and down for joy, especially on top of meeting Winston, but this was too... too close to home, too dangerous. It genuinely scared him.

He made a decision. Screw proving the paranormal to the outside world, at least for today. "Nick, I want to get out of here."

Then, it started creeping closer, darkening the ground it moved over.

"No. It's not a good thing." She quickly turned to Jess. "You got everything?"

"One recording device is by the entrance. I can grab it on the way out." He spoke quickly, eyes never moving from the slow moving shadow.

"Winston, Jess, start running." With that the girl turned around flashlight pointed at the floor and ran through the darkened cathedral, headed straight for the doors.

Jess took one look at Winston, urging him to follow and tore after Nick.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/14/2015 11:56 AM

[Homg lolol. Welcome back!]

Winston straightened up as the two kids darted away, and his white eyes flew back to the shadow, which was suddenly hissing and increasing at an alarming speed towards the retreating two. It was almost as if it were completely ignoring Winston, and he gasped, rushing after it. "H-hey, hey! Leave those two alone, alright? Come after me instead!" he whispered at it, and was met with a feral, annoyed hiss in response as something heavy and invisible knocked him aside and sent him hurtling through several spires of the cathedral.

Wow, it had been awhile since he'd felt anything, much less pain like that. Winston groaned and tried to right himself, but his vision felt darker, suddenly. Or maybe that was just the odd oily ghost growing larger and larger, filling up the space with shadows. Winston swiveled his head back and forth, fear clawing up his throat, then finally hoped the kids got out okay, and darted through the wall. He prayed the black thing, whatever it was, couldn't phase through walls so easily, and waited with a growing nervousness for Jess and Nick to come out of the structure safely.

[12]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/26/2015 2:56 PM

Jess was pelting after Nick, when he made the mistake of looking back. He caught sight of Winston, a faint glow, flying through several of the cathedral's columns. "Winston!" He shouted. He stopped, trying to ascertain whether the ghost was all right, his own fear at the creature momentarily forgotten. However, the creature, growing in size and spreading across the floor of the cathedral noticed. It flowed towards him, a great dark wave across the tiled floor. He ran.

It was like trying to outrun waves at the beach, when you already know that you've left yourself too little time to move away. It caught him by the ankle and he managed to pull away, stumbling as he did so. Jess managed to maintain his balance, the forward momentum gained pushing him forwards and outside the threshold of the cathedral.

Nick was several feet away, frantically waving her arms and shouting. Jess ran to her, practically collapsing into her arms, but she was already moving. She grabbed his sleeve, pulling him further away from the building until they were outside the grounds of the church itself.

"Winston?" Nick called, barely speaking above a whisper. Her voice cracked, she was obviously scared.

Jess leaned against the crumbled down wall of the churchyard, he felt sick and his ankle burned. "We need to get out of here."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/04/2015 11:38 AM

It had taken a little bit of searching to find the location of the two kids, for despite being a ghost for so long, Winston still wasn't terribly sure how to read auras of living things, or differentiate them from plants and the like. But soon enough his blank eyes locked on the two small figures from far away, and he darted towards them, abandoning walking for the moment for the sake of speed, no matter how much he hated the feeling of floating.

"Nick! Jess!" he called, voice a little garbled, possibly damaged from the shadowy thing. He figured it would grow back to normal. Probably. By the time he reached them he was panting, out of adrenaline and fear rather than the need to breathe. "Are you--are you guys okay? Any bumps or scrapes?" he asked, floating near the two and peering at them "Jeez, I shouldn't have talked to that thing--I think I made it angry or something..."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2015 4:49 PM

Nick raised her head as she heard her and Jess's names being called. "Winston!" she exclaimed, relieved. "We were worried that creature had... Uhm. Anyway, it's good that you're safe." She didn't even look towards Jess as she answered his question. "We're fine, don't worry. Maybe a couple of bruises, but nothing serious, right Jess?"

"Hah." Jess began, brushing his hair away from his face. There was something a bit wry in his expression. Jess caught it and frowned, eyebrows knitting together in worry.

"Jess? What happened?"

He slid down the wall he was leaning against, and then gingerly rolled up the end of his jeans hissing through his teeth as he did so. Where the creature had grabbed him, clear as day was a hand print with long sharp fingers. It was impressed into the skin, red like a burn, tiny pinpricks of blood forming along the perimeter of the mark. Nick swore when she saw it, partly out of surprise, partly out of anger that she'd let this happen.

"That's twice now." he said, softly.

In the silence that followed, Jess added. "Don't worry Winston, it wasn't your fault. It was dangerous to begin with."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/12/2015 7:13 PM

Winston floated a little closer to the two, eyeing the wound on Jess' ankle with an audible wince. He fidgeted with the pocketwatch around his neck, spinning it in his fingers slowly as anxiety fluttered about him. "W-will he be alright?" he asked Nick, then blinked, looking to Jess as well. "Will you be alright?" he repeated, directing the question at the person who was actually hurt. It seemed like a better idea.

Twice...? Man, these were just kids! Winston drew himself up, a determined sort of wincing frown on his face. "E-even so, I should've helped more, or tried to fight it. I'm a g... a ghost... too, s-so I should've..." Winston trailed off, slowly lowering back to the ground until his feet touched the grass. It was almost as if the word hurt him to say. After a moment he squatted down and sat across from the two, his knees drawn up to his chest with a blank look in his white eyes. "But... we did escape, so... that's good news."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/14/2015 7:33 AM

((Awhr, Winston is adorable. < 33 ))

Nick looked over to Jess, and gave a faint shrug of her shoulders, her eyebrows knitting together in concern. Her anger had faded now, she was worried instead. Admittedly, last time it happened it had been worse. The creature had tried to take a chunk out of Jess, and had largely succeeded. The scars running down his back were testament to that. And yet, after all that, they'd been stupid enough to approach the creature again.

Jess took a minute to answer. "Yeah. Yeah. I'll be okay. It stings, but I think I should be okay. I'll get Harold to look at it when I get back." Nick knelt down next to Jess, wrapping an arm around his shoulder in a brief hug.

"I'm not sure what you could have done, Winston. We don't even know what it is, it could be a demon or something else entirely." Nick said, giving Winston a small smile. "It might've damaged you a lot worse than it hurt Jess." Next to her, Jess nodded.

"Speaking of which," Nick began, casting a glance between Jess and Winston. "What are we going to do now?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/28/2015 12:12 AM

[Eheee thank u <33]

Winston didn't look entirely convinced, but he held himself back from fretting any more. Much more of that and he'd start sounding like his mother. Fiddling with the timepiece around his neck, rubbing a thumb over the deep crack in the glass, Winston stared at the greyish grass wordlessly. All this talk of demons and ghosts... Winston was a cabin boy. He didn't know a thing about demons or other ghosts.

At Nick's question, Winston's pale eyes flicked back up to stare at the two kids, and he offered something like a smile. "I... probably need to keep looking for my friends' ghosts. But... do you two need to go home? Wherever that is--I could come with you, just to... just to make sure that thing doesn't come back, or anything."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext