Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Light in the Darkness [Open; Training~ Possible V]

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/02/2012 10:03 AM

(Note: In this Roleplay, whoever joins will probably not fight against Yumiko, but rather a myriad of dark-looking common pets, acting as demons, and aid her in fighting them.)

Yumiko had heard things about this place. Bad things. Evil things. And that was precisely why she was here. Yumiko had come to Lya Pointa Cathedral to vanquish as many demons as she could find, protecting the kinder souls that might live there. She knew it was dangerous to come there, as a creature of light, especially with no allies to help her, but Yumiko didn't exactly have any 'friends.' None that she would want to face whatever demonic creatures lived here.

The middle-aged Lucain leaped onto a crumbling stone wall to look around. Dusk was slowly falling; it wouldn't be long before the demons would come out to play. She tensed when she heard doors closing around her, people who lived there shutting their doors tight for the night. Yes, surely it wouldn't be long until--

WHAM!

Yumiko yelped as something large slammed into her shoulder, knocking her off the wall and throwing her to the ground. "Wh-- ACK!"

Her attacker closed its talons around her neck, pinning her down. "What's a light creature doing here at this time of day?" the Garudor hissed menacingly. "It's past your bedtime, missy."

[37]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: Light in the Darkness [Open; Training~]

Postby Feint » 04/04/2012 12:01 AM

(do me a biiiiig favor and pretend he's a lakundra :P)

"STOP!" Hero roared, his voice too powerful for his age and height, and lunged at the blood-colored, avian creature's back. His young paws, though clearly still big for growing yet to be done, had some training for battle and were sharp enough to pierce the bird's skin through its feathers. With these claws, he gripped the creature twice his height with all his might as close to its neck as the gangly lakundra could reach (somewhere around his shoulders, unfortunately. He wasn't THAT trained!). With his powerful teeth, he bit hard into the creature's back, desperate to turn its attention toward himself and not its hapless victim. His heart pounded in his chest, golden eyes flashing with bravery and fear. His one concern, and the only thing he had ever feared, was that this great bird would ignore him and destroy the life already held in his talons.

((Sorry for short post, I can't really drag out fast-paced action very well.
Anyhow, here's my battle stats for future fights' reference:

Element: Fire
*Flame Resistant Automatic//Fire (Halves Fire damage received)
*Pyro AP//Fire (Deals Fire damage to one opponent)
*Sandskimmer Automatic//Earth (Negates Sandstorm)
Inferno Automatic//Fire (Gains a bonus to stats when its ally has the Fire Element)
Efficient Commander Automatic (Grants a bonus to ally Endurance)
Rousing Speech Automatic (Grants a bonus to ally Offense)
Team Defense Automatic (Grants a bonus to ally Defense)
Lunge Activate (Deals additional damage)
Sharp Vision Automatic (+10% to hit) ))

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/04/2012 10:04 AM

((Okay~ xD  And welcome to the RP!
Don't worry about short posts, I'll probably have several myself. xD Like this one.
Fighting sequences wouldn't be very long typically~))

The Garudor screeched in surprise as multiple sharp, little pinpricks sank into its shoulder. "You're gonna pay for that, twerp!" It kept its grip on the Lucain's neck, but whirled the rest of itself around to face the Lakundra that had dared attack him. Yumiko took a gulp of air as the demon's body weight shifted off of her neck. If only he loosened his grip just a little bit more, she might be able to access her light powers. "Watch out!" she managed to call out, as the Garudor lunged forward at the Lakundra with its sharp, powerful beak.

((Ah yes, here are mine for future reference as well~
I'm guessing the asterisks mean they're racial traits.

Element: Light
*Spiked Body - Dependent (Prerequisite) (Causes damage to opponent when opponent attacks and hits)
Sparkling Radiance - Automatic//Light (Negates Light damage; restores Endurance equal to 1/4 the damage that would have been dealt)
Ray - AP//Light (Deals Light damage to one opponent)
Blinding Blaze - AP//Light (Deals Light damage to everyone but the user)
Aimed Strike - Activate (Never misses, but only deals minimal damage)
Healer’s Chant - One-Use (Heals some of its own or an ally’s Endurance)
Guerrilla Fighter - Automatic (Grants a bonus to Defense; moves first unless opponent has the Trait ‘First Initiative’)))

[38]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Feint » 04/04/2012 6:06 PM

((Aw, but I like fighting~))

The rapid turn of garudor threw Hero from his back with a startled yell, and headfirst into the ground. Hero ground his teeth and squinted his eyes for the inevitable head injury he could only pray would not give him a concussion.

CRACK.

Light flashed inside his shut eyelids as he tumbled heel over head into a trash container, knocking it off its wheels with the force of the blow and scattering rubbish all over the street with the mighty roar of plastic under stress. He growled with headache, which ached and throbbed fiercely. Panting for breath, he blinked his eyes open in just enough time to see the garudor bearing down upon him! Had he been on his belly, he would have been in dire straits, but, being on his back, he threw his legs and forelegs up to hold the terrible beak back and away from his skin, kicking madly at the throat of the beast with his claws, an instinct all cats bore from the days when they all hunted for their food.

((Yup, they do.))

((Am I the only one with The Lion King Simba vs Scar battle sequence music playing in their head?))

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/21/2012 12:54 PM

(Psst~ It's a Garudor, not a Gyrraptor~ ;3  Not that it matters much, though. xD)

The Garudor screeched in pain as the Lakundra's claws raked its throat and belly. It leaped upwards, releasing the Lucain under-claw. Propelling itself with its large, powerful wings, and glided to a nearby spire of stone where it watched intently, blood dripping from its neck. It hissed something unintelligible, then flew off into the dark sky.

Yumiko coughed and rolled to her feet, feeling her neck with a paw for a moment and squinting in the direction the demon flew. She then flicked her eyes to her savior. "Thank you so much, young one. I am in your debt," she murmured, dipping her head to the young Lakundra. "Are you hurt?"

She stiffened as the Garudor screeched somewhere in the distance. It was still too close for comfort. "I certainly hope you're not; I believe it's coming back." Some strange barking noises that sounded very distorted met her ears as well. "With reinforcements," she growled. Quickly she trotted over to the Lakundra and offered her paw to help him up. "I am Yumiko, by the way."

(Probably gonna put "V" / "violence" in the title, haha. xD  It's not that bad but just in case.)

[39]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Light in the Darkness [Open; Training~ Possible V]

Postby Feint » 04/21/2012 3:26 PM

(I know it's a garudor. Why did I type gyrraptor? *headdesk*)

"H-Hero," the lakundra stuttered, gasping for breath himself. Despite his fearless charge, his legs still quavered underneath him, and he required a bit of help standing. Never had he fought something so large, and so much more powerful than he! It had thrown him like a doll! Mental images of an ice-covered monster, baring horns and fangs and claws and wings in his direction, swam into his eyes and heart, and bade him shudder. If he cowered so much under a mere garudor, how would he face...? It was impossible! No, nothing was impossible...

He shook his head to clear it and swallowed his fear, facing the direction of the coming beasts with courage. Mentally he counted the number of barks, wildly distorted by the echo between buildings, and fought to kill his fear as it rose in his throat. There were so many! Consider it training, he told himself in an attempt to soothe his nerves, training for things to come. "I'm fine," he said dismissively, ignoring his headache, "Are you all right? It had you by the throat..." His voice trailed off in concern, and he eyed her neck worriedly, hunting for spots of blood or other signs of injury.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/25/2012 11:10 AM

(It's fine~ xD)

Yumiko dipped her head to the young Lakunda. "Thank you, Hero. I don't wish to think about what would've happened if you hadn't attacked that demon," she murmured. She smiled at Hero asking about her own wellbeing. "I am fine, young one. A few scratches perhaps, but I can feel the light returning to my mind and eyes." Yumiko was referring to her powers over light, which came from the heart and coursed through her body, unless circulation was somehow cut off slightly. She stiffened as the barking continued, followed by the familiar squawking of the same Garudor. "Get ready," she whispered. "They come!"

ImageImageImage

Yumiko's ears flattened as the quartet of demons approached at an alarming speed. The Garudor flew high above, away from the fighting, its neck still dripping with black blood. "Attack!" it screeched, circling above the Lucain and Lakundra menacingly. Yumiko squinted as a drop of blood dripped onto her nose. She growled and leaped at the first Sahound, slamming into it and sending it hurtling against a wall. She staggered, not used to physical battle, and quickly grabbed it by its wing and tossed it in the air.

[40] Level up!

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 04/28/2012 1:39 PM

Hero braced himself for battle, then loosed another powerful roar. Seeing how easily his friend handled the sahound, he targeted the larger shielupe, which reeled from his lunge. He clung to the beast by the furry throat with his teeth and slashed with his claws while it reared, seeking to throw him, snarling, and bit strongly into Hero's shoulder, threatening bone.

Hero, not wishing to lose his arm, released the hound's neck and aimed for the face instead--but the hound was quicker, and had Hero pinned underneath him in seconds. Hero gathered his paws underneath the hound's chest and shoved, flipping him over the top of him. Though the hound was still gripping his throat, tearing skin, Hero was able to pin him and attack his exposed belly. In the pain, the shielupe finally released him and struggled to flee; Hero let him run and turned his attention to the garudor. He glared murder at the bird, scanning rooftops for a way--any way--to get up to the coward.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/12/2012 6:10 PM

Yumiko whispered something like an apology to the Sahound demon and gripped it by the throat in her jaws. It struggled, flailing its arms and scratching her chest and forelegs with its claws. Her eyes glowed for a moment and shudder went through her body, the white areas on her fur appearing to glow with the soft energy coursing through her body. The area around where her jaws were clamped on the Sahound's neck began to glow as well, and the Sahound went still. She set it on the ground and the demon's body faded into black smoke, then dissipated. She glanced behind her to see the Sheilupe fleeing from Hero, and gave him an approving nod. She'd much rather vanquish them than make them flee, but forcing them to flee was better than letting them stay.

She targeted the second Sahound, which seemed to be staring at the place the other Sahound had disappeared at in fear. It backed up a few paces, then turned around and ran. "Do not let it escape!" Yumiko exclaimed, flicking her tail in the direction it had begun to flee. "I will try to bring down the Garudor." She was sure she could shoot some long-range light attacks at it, though unbodying that last demon had used a large chunk of her energy. She panted slightly, then tried to focus on the Garudor, which was circling above them.

[41]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/13/2012 3:37 AM

He didn't need to be told twice. Hero jogged forward to intercept the dog's run, but paused right before they made contact. A large black paw snapped outward, slapping the demon across the face with enough force to send it off its feet, and back the way it came. Just as it managed to rise, Hero attacked. His lightning swipes were too fast to parry, and the hound snarled and yelped as it tried, vainly, to counterattack. Hero suffered a few light bites, but had the beast shredded well before any serious damage could have been done. It mummified itself in death, and Hero tended to a painful gash on his chest with his pink tongue, assuming Yumiko had everything handled for the moment.

His head was down for only a second, but a second was enough.

The shielupe from before loped up from behind Hero and sank a vicious bite into the side of his neck. Hero screaming in pain and slashed at the air behind him with his claws, unable to reach the monster struggling to climb up onto his back, out of harm's way. Hero ground his teeth--the brute's efforts to climb on top of him were painfully twisting his neck in the process. Gasping for air, Hero hurled himself at a wall, hoping to bludgeon the shielupe off of him. The canid snarled in pain, but did not release, causing Hero to stagger with the weight.

"Guh... G-get the garudor!" he wheezed. "If-ff you he-help me, it...-ll run--!" he panted in pain, lunging once more to try and remove the demon. The shielupe simply dug his claws in to the cat's back and endured the blows. Hero was weakening from the suffocation, and the shielupe knew that the only chance he really had to remove him was his first shot, which he had failed. He grinned evilly through his mouthful of black fur. Payback for his prior humiliation.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate