Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Not what you'd call 'evil' (Anyone can join)

Postby Saroko » 01/16/2008 7:14 PM

[center]Image
Constance

"Woah, gloomy," muttered Constance.  The dank hallway leading to the main part of the Cathedral was pitch black, and Constance could swear that her feet were covered in grime.  And she'd only been here for five minutes!

She walked over to a bookcase and read the spines.  "Let's see,  Book of the Dead?  Nah, I have that.  101 Ways to use Smiles ?  Monsters of Evelon?  No.  Darn it.  That book has to be somewhere."  The Morning Kitrell adjusted her glasses with a bright pink claw.[/i]
ImageImage

Hear the cries of the forgotten dead
See their bones littering the lands
Feel my sword cutting off your head
See the blood upon your hands
Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 764
Donate

Postby Saroko » 04/25/2008 6:15 PM

"No.  It's not here," she muttered.  Constance winged on down the hallway.  She passed by several other empty bookshelves as she went.  "A real shame," she thought as she flew.
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/01/2008 8:22 PM

ooc: This guy's kinda snooty, just insult him and he'll be nicer. or give him some puzzle to play with.

Saru gasped for air to ease his burning lungs. The steps to the cathedral were endless and enormous. "I've been climbing for hours. . . ." he moaned to himself. Where are these things going? I think I've passed the cathedral already. "Oh, peh." He heaved his tiny body over one last step and lay there. The dust collected from feigned unuse clouded away from his nose in huge puffs. Saru's tired eyes slowly traced the remaining steps, then up to the cathedral itself. ". . .So far away. . ." He gathered his courage and dragged himself over another step. Snap. The cathedral now stood at his feet as if nothing had happened. A shaken Saru stalked through the doors muttering about magic buildings. He walked smack into the wall on the other side of the pitch-dark hall. "Ouch!"

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Saroko » 05/27/2008 2:45 PM

Constance's ears perked up when she heard something bang downstairs.  "One of those creatures perhaps?" she thought.  Her librarians curiosity began to nudge her.  Curiously, she flew down the stair case to the great doors of the cathedral.  With more strenght than one would expect for a small creature with pink nails, she lifted a huge beam from the door and opened them.
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/30/2008 1:01 AM

Saru snarled at the cold wall and stomped up the dark hallway muttering and sniffing. Of course he had no idea where he was going, and it didn't take long for him to be utterly lost. His frustrated moan echoed back to his fluffy ears, increasing his frustration by assuring him he was quite alone. He just barely heard a soft flutter like that of a bird behind him, too soft to be close by. Saru stopped pacing and stared up at the ceiling, then around the room. He squinted his eyes and peered down the halls. The flutter had ceased, but he needed something to take his mind off being lost and angry. "I'm going to find you! Where are you hiding, small noise?" Saru called down the long halls. He picked a direction and sprinted forward, not turning or looking back.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 05/30/2008 10:22 AM

Constance cocked her head as she watched the monkey like creature run off.  "That brute is bad news," she thought.  "He may interfere with my quest."  Frowning, she flapped her wings and flew overhead Saru, occasionally stopping to observe him from atop a wooden beam.
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/30/2008 9:45 PM

Thirty seconds later...
Saru dragged his oh so heavy body across the tile floor, wheezing and drooling. "Oh mother, I'm sorry I took two dinners intead of one!" he gasped. "How I regret it now!" He stopped and rolled onto his back, gagging when he discovered he could still see the room he had just ran out of. Saru snorted with disgust at himself, and just as he was rolling to stand, he noticed blue-winged Constance perched on her beam. He jumped, and the whole result was: he rolls partly over and flies into the air, still rolling for a second or two, then finally lands on his hind feet with his front paws dangling in front of him. A highly impressive maneuver to those who didn't know any better. "When did you get there?!" he screeched.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 06/03/2008 10:16 AM

"I've been here the whole time," said Constance.  Spreading her wings, she glidded gracefully and landed a few feet away from Saru.  "And by the way, the whole flipping in the air like a ninja from a bad movie.  Very impressive."
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/05/2008 11:35 PM

Saru sputtered in embarassment and dropped to all fours. "Just--just don't scare me like that, okay??" He collected himself and sneered. "Stop following me, okay? It's bad enough being lost in this huge place. I don't need hide-and-seek-ers." Saru grunted in satisfaction that his point had been made in the worst way possible. He glanced around the high beams. "Are there rooms upstairs, too? This place has no end," he wondered aloud. At the thought of yet more walking, he growled at the innocent ceiling and once more fouled his mood.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 06/09/2008 10:23 AM

Constsance shrugged.  "Yeah.  They're some stairs a few hallways down, but nothing at all of interest."  She sighed and looked at her claws.  

Out of no where, she suddenly got an idea.  A simple, little brilliant idea.  With a smirk, she flew in front of the monkey like pet.  "Hey, wait a minute," she said.  "I have a proposition for you."
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/09/2008 6:44 PM

"What?" Saru snapped. "What now? You want me to be your slave labor and run in circles for you? No thanks! Unless I get something out of this I won't even listen." He huffed and glared back behind him at nothing in particular. Saru twitched his firey tail, dimmed in loss of deep thought, but hot in frustration. He watched the low curling flames boredly, forgetting why he had come to this cathedral in the first place. He sighed. "What is it," he said firmly, trying to still sound mad.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 06/10/2008 12:41 PM

Constance smiled.  When she asked for something there was a ninety-nine percent chance that she would get her way.  "I'm a historian of sorts.  I research old things and try to seperate the truth with fiction.  Particularily the long standing feud between Hollowhearts and Battlehearts."  She waited a minute to let it all sink in and watched his expression.  

"Now, I have heard that their is book which explains the origins of the fights somewhere in this place, but I haven't found it down here.  However, there are bookcases upstairs with locks on them that I can't open.  If you can get me access to those bookcases' contents; I'll help you get out."
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/12/2008 7:15 PM

Saru's maw had dropped open, his eyes half closed, and one eyebrow arched over the other, quite a blank expression. He gaped like this until she mentioned opening locks, when he perked and his face returned to normal. Saru had no formal education, he didn't read well, and he had no idea what a historian was, much less a hollowheart, but he knew locks well and loved to break them. It was a puzzle to forcefully open a lock, and though he had no brains for books he was quite intelligent with puzzles and games. Saru forgot completely about being mean. "Locks? I can break locks. Where are the locks? I like locks. How many locks?" He glanced around. "Where are the stairs?"

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 06/17/2008 1:40 PM

Constance rolled her eyes and smiled.  She twitched a finger in a 'follow me' way.  "The locks are over this way.  Just follow me."  With a slight flap, she glided across the hallway, pleased that the little ape would follow her so effortlessly.
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Twisted_Shadow » 06/19/2008 6:34 AM

Spade

Lucian

Spade breath in deeply while she walked trough the dark corridors,
enjoying the scent of secrets and old books. She always loved this place,
and came here quite often. Lucian flew close behind her, joining her on her little walk in the Cathedral, allthough he already was half asleep.
"I'm tired" he said, creaking his wings. "Can we go home now". Spade gave him a anoyed look. "Come on Lucian, we only where here for half an hour or so! lets just go down that last coridor and..." she stopped apruptly.
Her Ears twitched nerveously. "did you hear that?" She wispered. Spade heard voices. Other pets? here? Lucian landet on the ground next to her,
peering into the dark. he had very good eyes in the dark, but he couldnt see anything. "most likely just a echo or something" he snarled, feeling slightly unconfortable. In this moment they both noticed Constance and Saru going down the hallway. Spade stood in the shadows for one more moment, then followed both of them, silent and dark as the shadows themselves. /I wonder what the are up to/ she thought. Lucian landet on her shoulder, because his wings where creaking from time to time, making to much noise.
Twisted_Shadow
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Next