Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

The Thousand Island Curse (P Plot)

Postby AmberGlaze » 11/11/2008 9:57 AM

The sky was black from the storm, the streets slippery with every step you took. The few lights that brought small hope to this place were shut off for the night, leaving all of the defenseless creatures outside by themselves. One pet did not worry or care.

Dressed in a brown cloak, a small figure emerges from the darkness and stands by a broken street lamp. Leaning on it, the figure flicks her ear in anticipation for the arrival of some others. Strangely, the figure can not even tell if it's dark or not. To her, it's always dark. That's what blindness can do to you.

It all started on a cold, winter's evening. She had had sight, and was brewing a big pot of stew for her son. Joshwane was always playing outside in the cold, enjoying the snow that had dismissed him from classes. Then it happened. The snow, instead of being it's fluffy white, turned to sheer black. Tree knew immediatley what was happening, and she dropped her spoon. Grabbing the same cloak she was wearing on that now, she rushed outside. "Joshwane! Joshwane!" She screamed. A small Langerine rushed from behind the bushes. "Mama! Mama!" Relief flooded Tree as she ran to her son, before the first blast came. That sent tree back into the wall of her house with a thud. Opening her small, beady eyes she saw a witch that had grabbed Joshwane by his neck. "No!" She screamed, angry tears falling from her eyes. "Please, no!" Grabbing a branch from a nearby tree, she knocked the witch off of her broom, sheltering her son in her coat. "Joshwane, stand close to me." She whispered. As the witch stood, Tree delivered her second blow, and this time picked up her son to take him inside. Witches never went inside your house; instead they preferred to find easier victims. But then the second blast came. This one shot Tree with such force she slammed back into the house. Opening her eyes, she found with sorrow that she could no longer see. "Joshwane!" She screamed. A helpless "Mama" could be heard, but which direction? Turning around she ran in all different directions, but it was too late. Her son was gone.

Tree winced at the memory, tears coming to her blind eyes. Now, she was much more capable of tracking and hearing because of her small experience, but that didn't do anything. That didn't stop the hurt. Suddenly, she heard a noise not too far off. "Who goes there!" She yelled, turning to the direction and preparing for a fight.
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

16~13

Postby Krystalolive » 11/11/2008 6:59 PM

ImageImage

"Wooh!" Sasuke put his hands up in a safe manner. "Are you Tree? We're here to help you." The other in the 'we' was, as Sasuke called him, the 'annoying little blob'. Doom zoomed around Sasuke, then floated over to Tree, buzzing a 'hi'. Sasuke sighed, then looked from Tree to around the group. "So, we're the first people to show up? Wa-ho." He twirled a finger around, sounding almost... Bored.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/12/2008 12:19 AM

The woman moved gracefully through the trees. Her long purple hair was bound behind her back, tied by a simple piece of white string. She wore strange garb; her arms were covered by braces, her middle by a leather corset with a light steel chest piece adorning her torso. She had on dark pants, and many wraps covered her thin, frail body, while her hips were belted. Her feet were covered in soft, smooth moccasins of a deep rich purple, and at her hip, lay a long, curved sword, the hilt encrusted with brightly shining amethyst stones. Her dark eyes were ancient, but her face was young, and beautiful. The deep purple shone clearly against her pale, smooth skin.

Her walk was a fluid and graceful gait, a ground eating stride that belied the power residing in her small frame. She was a warrior, one who had seen much, yet never aged, as was the wont of one as old as she. Her old eyes were curious as she traveled through the trees. 'I have been summoned.' A strange thing for someone like her. She usually did not answer summons, nor did she dally in the world of mortals, but this was a special case. A heavy sigh rocked her small body, and she stepped daintily through the trees. She came to a stream, and watched it carefully as it bubbled and leaped merrily in front of her. With one fluid step, she stood upon the water, easily traversing it as though it was solid ground.

The water would be kind to her, as it always was. It would lead her where she needed to go. She halted in her steps when she heard a harsh, hoarse shout. 'This must be the woman who called to me. I shall introduce myself.' She stepped from the shadows, her face a calm, yet emotionless mask of grace and silence. "Peace, child," she said softly, her voice a gentle, quiet hum. "There is no need to fear me." Her gaze landed on Sasuke and his companion. "Nor the present company. They pose no threat to you or I." The woman was blind, so Ghita knew she could not see who was speaking to her. In her lightly accented voice, the Irish woman explained herself. "I am Ghita Galena. It is a pleasure to meet you." She dipped her torso in an old-worldly bow, hair falling gracefully over her shoulders. "You summoned me, young one?"

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Kineyer: 1 Echtor: 1

Postby Kelica » 11/12/2008 1:03 AM

ImageImage
Kineyer and Echtor, Female and Male, Both Animal Form

This was one of those places where she never expected to find herself, whether through wandering or another reason. But here she was, approaching a gloomy-looking ruin with her mate by her side. The two Werecain had been tracking this scent for a while now, the scent of an Organic Fenling, as they did not know what "Lambastia's Grand Cathedral" was.
"Are you sure we're in the right place, Echtor?" The male beside her sighed. "I'm positive, dear. I know this scent almost as well as yours by now. I don't think you expected to be rescuing a boy from witches in a cabin made of candy, did you?" (They had done some "research" on witches, but they couldn't find much, other then Hansel and Gretel, and they had decided that story was trash.) Kineyer snorted. "Of course not. Now that I think about it though, it does look... Grand enough to be a "cathedral". It's kinda beautiful, actually, in it's own way." It also looked lonely, though it had no effect on her. She was with her mate, after all.
Echtor chuckled. "You find beauty in strange things." She flashed him a teasing grin. "Now, you're just insulting yourself." Echtor rolled his eyes and the pair ran ahead playfully.
Now even Kineyer, who was the inferior tracker of the two, could smell the scent strongly. It was coupled with two scents she didn't recognize, both of which had an almost depressing effect, and another scent, which, although tinged with the salty smell of the sea and the strange smell of a human, was still sickly sweet. Kineyer snarled. "Dear," She was dead serious now. "You didn't get me involved with a Lucain, did you?"
Echtor sighed. They both stepped out into the open nonetheless, although Kineyer still did look annoyed. "Sorry if my mate frightened you with her growling. Well, here we are, Tree. Who are the others here?" Although he actually did sound curious, Kineyer knew her mate well enough to know that he just wanted to get formalities over with.
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
ImageImageImageImageImage
In the meantime, would you mind clicking them? x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 97
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 11/12/2008 5:18 PM

Tree relazed instantly as the two presented themselves as her helpers. Although she was blind, she could tell the hearts of those good. It had always been her "special gift."(As said by her mother). At Doom's buzzing, a small smile flashed against Tree's face. Her little Joshwane always use to pretend he was a bee and buzz around the house. She had even made a little costume for him. Oh, it seemed like years since she had seen him last. But at Sasuke's retort, she was on him in a flash. "Look. I enlisted for your help, and you agreed. I don't need any smartmouths, so if you wanna go then go." She said, anger flaring up inside of her. How dare he treat her situation like some...party?! Steps from the shadows made her sensitive ears twitch once more. She whirled around.

"Oh, thank goodness your late." She said, the anger from Sasuke still not subsiding. At her kind words, Tree turned away. She remembered how Joshwane would always calm her down when she got angry. Actually, before he was kidnapped Tree was the kindest soul around. But the pain and grief from the loss of her pride and joy turned her heart dark and cold. She sensed that Ghita probably understood. But no matter, this was no time for a heart-to-heart with some Lucain. She just nodded and turned around again, to hear two more voices.

After listening for a short while, Tree snorted. So the WereCain didn't like Lucain? "Greetings you two." She said, bounding up to the Prismatic creature. "So you don't like Lucain? Well, I don't have anytime for your prejudices so either fix it or I'll fix it for you." She hissed, turning to climb onto a nearby rock.

"Alright now, listen up! As you know, you have all been sent here in my quest to find my son! I have no time for slackers, losers, idiots, and all of the sort. So it is agreed that you will do exactly as I say, right?" She didn't wait for their answer. Instead, she got down and continued to speak. "Now, I need to make sure we aquire the right provisions and things before we get started. The kingdom is a long's way from here, and I want to get there before...." The pain was brought back, and the Fenling could not bring herself to say the rest. "So, Sasuke and Doom, you will handle food. There are supposed to be a few shops around. Ghita, you and I will go to the explorer's shop and buy a few things. And you two," She nodded at the WereCain, "Will go find us somewhere good to stay for the night? Can you all handle that, or is it too much work?" She asked, her voice cracking with anger and irritation.

OOC: I will play the shop/inkeepers.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

17~14

Postby Krystalolive » 11/12/2008 11:16 PM

Sasuke looked at Tree, about to say a usual smart-mouth comment. "Well, I-" "get there before...." He paused when he heard her stop, then looked at the ground and shut up. Even he knew that this wasn't a time for him to sound mean. He just nodded when she told him what to do, about to go when he stopped and looked at her. He sighed, then patted the Fenling on the back. "It's ok, we'll get him back. I promise." Doom paused in his floating/buzzing, almost crashing into the ground. Did he follow the wrong Draculi anthro here? He looked at Sasuke, then shook his... Well, looked like he shook his head. He buzzed again, getting Sasuke's attention. Sasuke glared at him, back to normal. "What you little pest? If you want to go get food so much, then hurry up!" Doom smiled, then zoomed down the road, followed by Sasuke.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/14/2008 9:45 PM

Ghita swept over in a graceful bow, her eyes staying fixed upon Tree. "As you wish, my lady,"the woman murmured, her voice low and soft. Her amethyst gaze swept over the other companions. "Good luck in your own hunts. May they be as fruitful as ours."She stood, straightening her slender form. One pale hand rested on the hilt of her sword, her long hair buffeted gently by a small breeze.

She gazed at the Werecain, watching them with a silent smile, and then looked at Sasuke for a brief moment. what odd creatures. "Shall we depart, Lady Tree?"she murmured, keeping her eyes on a constant sweep of the clearing, her hand still resting on the sword and prepared for anything to happen. "We should meet back here within a few hours, my lady."

[2]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Kineyer: 2 Echtor: 2

Postby Kelica » 11/15/2008 1:04 PM

Kineyer grumbled unintelligibly the entire time.

Echtor just nodded quietly at needed points, and they left. Once they were out of earshot, Echtor began talking.

"Don't you think they could've trusted someone else with finding them beds for the night? After all, what do we know? We just sleep on the forest floor, normally." Kineyer snorted. "Don't you remember, dear? Follow the scent of feathers." "Right." Echtor closed his eyes and sniffed around for a moment. "I can smell feathers out in the forest there..." Kineyer pawed him playfully on the ear. "Idiot. It's probably just some birds roosting." "I know that. I also smell some...." He opened his eyes and lifted his nose into the sky, facing the south of town. "That way." "What are you waiting for, then? Let's go!" Away from this sickening scent. She added to herself in her head.
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 11/15/2008 11:48 PM

At Sasuke's comfort words, Tree's eyes filled with tears. For a second she felt as if she wanted to dash out and hug Sasuke, but then she regained control over herself. "I certainly hope so." Was all that she could manage for the time being. Listening to him go, she couldn't help but let out a small chuckle as he snapped out at Doom. It seemed like it was a love/hate relationship. She knew that Sasuke probably enjoyed Doom's company, but was afraid to admit that he had found a friend in someone unexpected. "He's a good kid..." She said to herself before running of to join Ghita.

The road where Sasuke and Doom were heading was filled with the hustle and bustle of the Cathedral's night life. The small town was brimming with food stands and small shops, and desperate sellsmen lined the streets, calling out to anyone who would actually give them the time of day. The rain had stopped now, and the moon was shining brightly, covering the rain's drops in a metallic blanket. One woman noticed the two, and immediatley ran to them. "You seem like your on a great journey. Would you like your fortune told?" She asked, her smile wrinkly and toothless.

Tree listened to Ghita's advice, and snorted. "First off, I'm not your Lady, got it? I'm just a broken hearted mother. And second, did you think we were going to spend all night? Your a smart kid, but no one likes a suck-up!" She snapped, trudging foward. Gosh, she did feel bad for yelling at Ghita. But the time of her son's loss made Tree tougher and stronger, and lately she had just been frustrated with the world. She hoped Ghita understood this, because normally Tree wouldn't dare to hurt the Lucain's feelings. "Now, put your sense to good use, and use your sight to find any little shops."

The neon lights of a broken down building were flashing, half from its advertising style and half from about to blow out. Inside, a man wiped down the counters while smoking a nice, big fatty. Days like this made him happy to be a hard working man. It was then he noticed a few WereCain trudging about. Animals, up here? By his motel? Oh no no no! He would no stand for that! WereCain made bad buisness, so Douggie grabbed the nearest shoe and ran outside. "Out you wolves! Get out you scoundrels!" He yelled, throwing a shoe at the female.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

18~15

Postby Krystalolive » 11/16/2008 12:53 AM

The two looked at the 'fortune teller'. Sasuke turned back around, looking for food, but Doom buzzed in a happy way, his way of saying yes. Sasuke sighed and looked from Doom to the lady, feeling a bad omen. He glared at her, then sighed again. "Sure lady, can you tell if I'll punch you in the face if you don't buzz off?" He smirked, then cracked his knuckles. Doom looked mad, then zoomed around Sasuke's head, 'telling' him to not hurt little old lady's. Sasuke ignored him, staring the lady down.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/16/2008 8:21 PM

Ghita blinked, her face a mirror of calm complacency. She did not seem fazed by Tree's words, nor did they bother her in the least. Here was a mother who had lost a child; her heart was broken, and her anger seemed to be fueling her, driving her forward to do what must be done. Ghita had the feeling that she would be snapped at quite a bit. It was understandable. "Forgive me, my lady," Ghita said warmly, though her face remained as impassive as marble, her eyes as cold as stone. "But it is in my nature to be respectful to the one I serve. You are the one who summoned me, thus, I am entitled to show you due respect. It is only proper."

She let her gaze sweep through the town, her voice a calm, melodic trill, despite the rudeness in Tree's words. She did not let her eyes fall on the grieving mother, and instead, continued to gaze at the town, trying to locate something with her keen sight. "A child I am not, Lady Tree. My years far outnumber your own. I have lived longer than you might suspect."She smiled lightly, but the smile did not reach her eyes. They remained impassive, cold, and hollow. "There is a shop only a few taverns down. It seems to house the items we need." Finally, she turned her eyes to Tree, tilting her head and letting her hair cascade down her shoulder. "Shall we proceed, my lady?"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Kineyer: 3 Echtor: 3

Postby Kelica » 11/17/2008 11:41 PM

Echtor winced as the shoe hit his mate straight in the forehead. With the anger he presumed she was bottling up, he predicted either the shoe or the man would be completely obliterated. (He hoped it was the shoe.)

To his intense surprise, she just growled a bit and ran off.

"Do you mind if I take my anger out on a nearby tree?"

"Not at all, dear."

So, while Kineyer scratched all the bark off a poor tree, cursing in Canine as she did so, Echtor though of how to tactfully approach a motel owner. If they were all like that man he saw back there, and considering only he had a human form, and it had ears and tails anyway (he had not perfected the skill in the few times they had been forced to use it)... They might be in a bit of trouble. Of course, they could always go to a bit of a seedier place, but he wasn't sure his companions would be accepting. (He and Kineyer wouldn't mind no matter where they went, as long as it didn't have fleas. And in that case, they'd probably just sleep outside.)

"Kineyer, dear?" "I'm done now, so, yes?" "How do you suggest approaching a motel owner? "Can't we just sleep in the open?" "If you want to be a coward and not gain the approval of the poor women we are helping." "Who cares about her approval?" Kineyer scowled. "Would you do something you did not approve of, if, say, I came up with it?"

"You are not suggesting....." She looked utterly horrified.

"Yes, I am."

((*gigglesnort* Poor Kineyer. x3; Anyway, reply to me in your next post, Amber.))
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 11/18/2008 4:53 PM

At Sasuke's words, immediatley three large (and rather angry) Battleheart came to stand behind the woman. One of them cracked his knuckles. "I think the lady wants to read your palm." He said, towering high about Sasuke. The old lady giggled like a young girl. "Oh Boris, please." She said, laughing. Turning back to Sasuke, she held out her hand. "Oh now come, young one. Your little friend seems interesting. My friends and I would love if you would come. And my friends don't like to be disappointed." She said, and the three Battleheart circled around Sasuke and Doom, obviously hoping for a fight.

Tree listened at Ghita's explanation, and waved a fist in the air. "You listen to me now! I don't care for all of this 'you summoned me so now I'm yours' junk, you hear? You are here to help me find my son, and that's it!" She yelled, her blind eyes icy and cold. She couldn't see Ghita's expressionless face, but could feel it. "And you stop all that emo crap or I'm sending you right back from where you came from!"

Tree listened for a moment, trying to detect any signs of a shop. All she heard were the rumbling of carts as they were pushed, an someone yelling about free cucumbers if you buy a purple cloak. "Dangit, don't these idiots ever think quiet is good?" She asked, narrowing her white eyes at the surrounding people. Tree ignored Ghita's remark about age, but did pick up on her findings. Grabbing her tail, she stamped her foot impatiently. "Well, get on then! Your wasting time!"

The inn keeper backed away slowly as he noticed Kineyer look a bit hostile. Retreating back to the safety of the inn, he grabbed a steak knife behind the counter, preparing himself for her attack. Instead, he noticed the WereCain stalk away in fury, her more calmer friend following. "Well...that should teach them." He said, feeling a bit proud. Placing back the steak knife in its holder, he wiped the sweat off his hands and took a seat.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

19~16

Postby Krystalolive » 11/18/2008 7:25 PM

Sasuke looked at the Battlehearts, then looked at Doom. He sighed, then suddenly grabbed Doom and tossed him at the lady. "You think he's interesting? Take him. Cause me less trouble." He glanced at Doom for a moment, and when their eyes met they both gave a smile nod and smiled. Sasuke hated when they 'hanged out' (Doom following Sasuke) but they had used to each other, and could sometimes guess what the other was thinking. Sasuke turned his back to the old lady, facing one of the Battle hearts. "Now, I have some food to get, so, if you don't mind..." He moved, and with speed that helped show the 'cat' he was, went around the Battleheart. He smirked, then called out. "Pick you up later Doom!"
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/18/2008 11:25 PM

Ghita let her cold eyes rest on Tree, her face seeming to melt for a brief moment before returning to the complex impassiveness of a marble statue. A smile seemed to crack her exterior, and she let it slip through without a thought, though it never reached her proud eyes. "Indeed. And so I am at your service until you terminate our contract, or I am otherwise slain," she said with a slight bow, though she knew Tree could not see it. She turned then, one hand resting on the hilt of her sword. "I do not know what an 'emo' is, but I can only assume it is not to your liking. Though that term is very unfamiliar, it sounds like something I do not wish to become. I will try to be...Not an 'emo?'" She sounded puzzled, not knowing exactly what Tree was talking about.

She reached up to rebind her hair, which had slipped free of it's wrapping. With a frown, she looked down at Tree, holding onto her tail. "As you wish, my lady," she said with a small smile, her voice noticeably lighter and kinder as she secured her long, lavender and ivory locks. No matter what tree might say, Ghita was who she was. It would not change. She proceeded down the street, mindful of any potholes or cracks in the cobblestone pavement and avoiding anything that might trip up her visually impaired companion. "Here we are," she said as she stopped in front of the store. She reached out one pale hand, and pushed it open. "Allow me to go first. You can never be too cautious." She stepped inside, one hand resting on the sword handle, as if preparing to draw it. "Good evening, friend shopkeeper," she called softly. "Are you hereabouts?"

[4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next