Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Can't Be Serious [closed;died]

Postby Feint » 01/10/2009 5:05 PM

Saru casually jogged up the broken stone steps, head down and muttering vengefully. The eternally lazy rengosett had fought hard to stay home and lost miserably, ending as a fistfight with a superior penmate. Saru sighed and jumped five long steps as if he'd hopped a small stone. The cumbersome stones were just slowing him where they had near defeated him before. Not only that, but he had lost a significant amount of weight. His sleek white fur rippled like water from previously unknown muscle as he went along. Even his belly fur wasn't dragging as it used to. Saru lifted his head to gauge the distance to his destination, and stopped dead in his tracks. He glared, gaping, before slowly tilting his head forward, eyes and jaw closed. "You CAN'T be serious," he said forcefully through grinding teeth. Maybe a hundred feet away from him stood the Cathedral, whole and untouched. Every window, every tower stood tall and strait, every single brick and stone loomed over the rengosett as impossible as it could possibly be. Saru shook his head wrathfully. "I BROKE THAT THING!" he screeched.

If it could have, the tower would have smiled back at him.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Re: Can't Be Serious (Semi-Open)

Postby Saroko » 01/14/2009 9:04 PM

ImageImage

"Seems that there is some kind of spell on this place," said Constance as she observed the rafters.  "Half of this place was in ruins when I left."

Behind Constance, a Canopy Garudor with a sash wrapped around his arm and the posture of a Jaybird was joining the smaller creature in observing.  "It would explain how such a derelict place could stand for years."

"Indeed," agreed Constance.  She fluttered slightly onto a window.  Looking out, her eyes widened as she spotted the hairy little creature at the steps.  "You can't be serious," she muttered.

(Constance 4/5)
(Liberius 1/5)
(ooc: I am original with characters XD )
ImageImage

Hear the cries of the forgotten dead
See their bones littering the lands
Feel my sword cutting off your head
See the blood upon your hands
Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 764
Donate

Postby Feint » 01/14/2009 9:55 PM

ooc-- :P

Saru tore up a heavy stone step and flung it at the doors. It collided with a loud bang that made the rengosett flee in terror. He stopped not too far away and turned to watch the Cathedral collapse, which it did not do. He ran up to the nearest window and clung to the sill with his forearms, hoping to see the backside of a large cathedral cutout. Instead, he came face-to-face with Constance. After a brief awkward silence, he gave her a wry look to hide his embarrassment. "What?" he asked loudly, face flushed slightly.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 01/14/2009 10:07 PM

Constance blinked.  "That's kinda my line to say.  She wrapped her wings around his arm to help pull him up."  Liberius walked cautiously beside them.

"Uh...Constance?  Do you know him?" he asked giving Saru nervous glances.

"His name is Saru, Liberius.  I met him here once before.  It's thanks to him we have that eye book."

"Oh yeah.  Thanks, Saru." The Garudor shuddered as he thought of that particular book and he just couldn't understand why Constance would want to come back for things like that.
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 01/14/2009 11:51 PM

Saru kicked off the wall and onto the windowsill with Constance, still embarrassed. His whole belly was black from the grimy outside of the ancient Cathedral. Saru, ever the smart one, dusted the bottoms of his arms and stomach. It instantly created a huge cloud of black dust that engulfed the entire window. Saru swore loudly from the depths of the cloud and jumped onto the stone floor by Liberius's feet. He had ash-gray evenly spread over his whole body. The rengosett gave the garudor an ugly look and started down the hall, tossing a half-mumbled "thanks" over his shoulder.

ooc--Saru's a big a butt as ever. :oops:
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 01/18/2009 3:41 PM

"Friendly fellow, he is, Constance," said Liberius as he watched Saru bound away.

"He's just a goofy boogersnot," she said.  Stretching her wings, she glided beside the simean.  "What are you doing back here, Saru?  I thought you had enough after half of this place collapsed last time."

(Constance 1/5)
(Liberius 3/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 01/18/2009 4:30 PM

"Well, I didn't want to. But after a while, you can't really say no to Master," Saru said, still walking, looking strait ahead. "It gets really hard after you've lost two teeth and three chunks of hair. But by the fist-shaped bruises on my stomach," he paused to lift the fur and show Constance his unhappy sides, "It was damn impossible." He kicked a chunk of stone out of their path and tossed a glance over his shoulder. "I hate my penmates, by the way. Who's that guy?" he asked her roughly, and stopped walking. He looked at her with a slight pout, still mad from being forced into something he didn't want to do.

ooc--I'm adding that to saru's best-describing adjectives. "He's rather irritable, somewhat chubby, and rather unkind. But above all, he is a goofy boogersnot."
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 01/21/2009 7:18 PM

Constance sighed, not really judging Saru's penmates.  She gestured with a wing toward the Garudor.  "This is my partner," she said simply.  "His name is Liberius.  We came here to see if we can unearth those books we left last time.  You remember."

Liberius gave an awkward bow.  Behind the stuffiness he had shown a moment ago, he was actually quite fidgity.  This ape was just weird.  How Constance could talk so casually around him, he didn't know.  Then again, there were some things about her he didn't really find settling either...

(ooc:  Boogersnot.  ^_^ Who knew that word would come in handy? )

(Constance 2/5)
(Liberius 4/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 01/21/2009 7:43 PM

Saru glanced the garudor over and tossed his head at him, a nonverbal 'whassup'. "Yeah, I remember," he said, and cast a quick glance at the ceiling supports. "They still in the same place? The ceiling kinda collapsed, yeah. And I don't think the books are all magic," he said, and shivered. The shiver was quickly covered by rolling his shoulders. The memory of the eyed book still had an edge to it.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 01/22/2009 6:31 PM

"Yes, you have a point," Constance replied thoughtfully.  "We stll thought it would be a good idea to come and look though."

"You thought.  Not me," Liberius corrected.  He was already sick of this place and didn't want his name attached to anything about it.

"And you said it.  Not me," Constance pointed out.  "Really, Liberius. I taught you to word your sentences better than that, didn't I?"

(Constance 3/5)
(Liberius 5/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 01/22/2009 7:41 PM

Saru sat down once he figured they weren't moving anytime soon. He rolled his eyes ever-so-slightly and flicked his firey tail. He didn't see what was wrong with Liberius's sentence, but he wasn't going to argue over pointless things like grammar. He would rather talk about food, or beating people up. "Yeah. So. . . Where did we leave the books last?" he asked Constance, with little interest in his voice.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 01/25/2009 3:42 PM

Constance sighed.  "That's the tricky bit.  The rooms we found disappeared."

"We couldn't even find that statue Constance described to me," Liberius added.

(Constance 4/5)
(Liberius  1/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 01/31/2009 2:49 AM

"That complicates things, dosen't it?" Saru said tonelessly. He sighed and bounded up to a wall with an air of arrogance. He felt the wooden wall over with his sensitive fingers and pressed on a single plank with both paws. It crumbled into dust, then shot up into wood as soon as his paws left. "See that? Magic. I'm thinkin' if we press all the walls into one big room, then we'll find 'em," Saru said proudly. He sat back, expecting praise. However, he didn't even think of how he was supposed to make the walls stay vanished, as they only crumbled at live touch. A table or chair wouldn't do the same trick.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 02/01/2009 3:59 PM

Constance adjusted her glasses and crossed her wings.  "That's a good thought, but how do we keep the walls from reforming?  Not to mention it could take a long time figuring out which wall actually does that trick."  So saying, she brushed a wing tip across a wooden plank but nothing happened.  

Liberius sighed.  "A pity Sal isn't here.  I bet that he could find all of those crumbling spots in a heartbeat."

(Constance 5/5)
(Liberius 2/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 02/05/2009 8:07 PM

ooc--srry, I failed a test and got disconnected from the net  :(

Saru deflated. "Oh," he mumbled, and recomposed. But--no, could it be? Someone else more skilled than himself? His fur stood on end, infuriated at losing his spotlight. "Well, what're you planning?" he pouted, lips in a snarl. "We had nothing, right? Right?" he said loudly, his voice nearing a whine. "We had no plan, right? Well, I had a plan! I don't see you doing anything!" he half-shouted, not really listening to what he was saying.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Next