Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

I See Dead People [Closed]

Postby Feint » 04/30/2009 8:59 PM

The Grand Cathedral. It was a temple once run by monks, but now it was little more than a site of many an evil thing, and many a victim. Run in by the harshness of the climate? Chased by a storm? Drawn inside with curiosity? If skeletons could speak, they would each have quite a tale. It would, however, be far too creepy to listen for very long. If a skeleton began speaking to any normal person, they would probably run away screaming. Unfortunately for Golem the temple albie, this isn't a valid choice of action. Golem, you see, was gifted with the ability to sense and hear spirits. Spirits can immediately tell who possesses such a spirit sense and are often elated to find them. One time in the depths of the cathedral, Golem came upon a wraith-soul with quite a spectacular death.

"I was murdered in this very cathedral," he whispered with a breathy voice, "I want nothing more than to protect you with the story of my demise." A ghastly tear glistened in the corner of one white, pupil-less eye.

"Gwaah!" Golem shouted in thought-speech. She tried to run, but the wraith-soul followed, whispering and pleading for quite some time before she gave in and stopped to listen. Golem, well-equipped with the knowledge of how to spot and run from at least one hundred different, long-dead murderers, retreated to a safer part of the shrine where less people had died.

It was in this very part where a great monk had lived, one who had tried to leash the great spirit of the storms and thus stop the seemingly endless thunderstorms that raged around the temple. He failed, partly because there was, and still is, no such thing as a storm spirit. He also died of pneumonia from walking around in the heavy rain without proper insulation. Golem had never tried to speak to him. It would be just fine with her if all dead things stayed dead like they were supposed to. She spent the bulk of her time in that room, gazing down at the doors with the gargoyles. She had enough practice to mimic a gargoyle perfectly, so perfect that only the best of eyes could hope to see her. And that was fine with her.

Weeks Later. . .

Golem paced around the perimeter of the balcony. She came up to a hunched stone gryphon and cleared in in one short leap. As she walked, she thought about which gargoyle she would pose with that day. The gape-mouthed griffin was too small, and the man-like one with the twisted face was too hard to mimic since his back was crooked oddly from poor craftsmanship. She squeezed behind a large stone dragon-like creature with old water stains down its front, and jumped over the griffin again. The dragon-like one had grooves at its base that suggested it had been moved. The others certainly didn't have water stains on them. Golem slowly stopped pacing, eyes on the gargoyle. She hadn't done that one before, and it was nice to have a change. Golem retraced her steps and sat comfortably next to it. It had a hunched back, but not crooked like the man or inverted like the griffin. Golem shifted her paws, arched her back just so, tilted her forehead forward just right, and locked down. Her "eyes" and other lights dimmed, sucked back into the more vital regions of her being. She didn't move, not even to "breathe". Anyone who walked in now had to be super-observant to even notice she didn't belong. Golem sent a soft mental Heeeelp as bait for the unwary and waited.

ooc: This is where you come in. Look up, peoples!
(Just to be clear, only pets with the Recognize Imposter trait can see Golem. I'm going to ask you to not run out and add that trait to your pet just to point her out, because I was kind of hoping she wouldn't be spotted. She'll see you though, of course. . . ;) )

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Re: I See Dead People [Open at any time]

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/02/2009 5:36 PM

Venom Gyrraptor
Corey

Wood Gyrraptor
Iris

"Why on earth are we here again?" The harsh voice of the big venom Gyrraptor soundet
unaturally loud in this place, and he tilted his head unwillingly. Iris chuckeled at his words and
turned to him "dont you like it here Corey?" she asked "No. No I dont" he growled, looking up to
the gargoyles. "well I love it...it's beautifull" The female closed her eyes and sniffed the
air. It smelled of stone, water and long forgotten storys. Corey rolled his eyes and snarled
inpatiently. "So we really are here to glare at old stones?" he asked. "To take a walk
and enjoy the old cathedral, jes"
Iris said, a little sharp tone to her voice "Beautifull..."
Corey hissed, but suddently stopped. "did you...hear that?" He asked, suddently looking
stiff. "jes..." Iris respondet, tilting her head like a bird to hear better but...there was no
real voice. //thats wierd...I dont like it// she thought, and made a few steps backward.
Corey growled in a very very low tone, sounding terribly agressive.
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/03/2009 3:24 AM

Golem's "heart" skipped a beat. After who knows how long, someone actually appeared! Two someones! She carefully held her light in her belly, for the sheer excitement was threatening to blow her disguise. Heeeelp, she whispered mentally, Someone, please. . . Help me! She scrambled to formulate a plan. It looked like the gyrraptors wanted to leave. Chase, corner, and capture, she recited to herself, Chase, corner, and capture. I could always jump on them, she thought, Or run them into some vengeful ghosts. They hang around in the basement levels, right? Do I really want to run that far? Golem resisted the urge to sigh. I'll jump on them, and see what happens. she decided, and tried to estimate exactly where she would land if she jumped strait out off the ledge. From what she could see, it was somewhere towards the center of the room. Getting them closer would be tricky. Golem tried a new kind of bait. Help me! Help, I'm falling! she whispered in thought-speech. If they weren't kind and heroic, were they gore-lovers? Would a pair of gyrraptors rush forward to watch an innocent person go splat? It was time to find out.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/03/2009 4:30 AM

Iris looked back at Corey. "someones in trouble and you growl at them?"
she asked. "well yes because that someone has no real voice" "maybe the person is mute?
think of Clockwork"
the female looked angry. then she raised her voice. "hello? where are you?"
she asked. Instinktivly she kept close to the walls. "what are you doing?!" Corey hissed,
sounding both annoyed and worried "Come back here, thats none of our concern!Iris!!"
but Iris refused to listen to her packmate and went futher into the room, leaning foreward
to look up and see if she could spot the person who had to be up there somewhere. She took
a step foreward, another step, and now stood pretty much in the center of the room.
//oh my...she cant be really that stupid// Corey snarled, now close to snap at her.
She was standing in the middle of the freakin room. she could aswell pin a note to her back,
reading /I'm here, please kill me/. "Iris!!" He however kept on the wall, waiting for soemthing to happen.

(2/2)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/03/2009 2:57 PM

Golem slowly allowed her light to seep back into the grooves along her sides. She couldn't move without them there, and she wouldn't have time once "Iris" was where she wanted her. Golem allowed her head to tilt unnoticeably as her eyes tracked the wood gyrraptor across the floor. The anxiety was killing her. Then, as if on a timer, the "Iris" girl stepped into the center of the room the very second her lights were in place. Golem kicked off the ledge into the lamp-lit room below, her aim true. Her stone feet split the thick, twelve-foot-long granite tile neatly in half where she landed. It produced a deafening CRACKK that was reminiscent of, but infinitely worse than, the childhood days of breaking rocks on the sidewalk to see what was inside. Golem stepped toward Iris and the other one, each step making a loud clink. Boo, she thought-spoke gleefully. Do you believe in ghosts?
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/03/2009 3:13 PM

(ooc: uhm.., they can see her now, cant they? if not I'll alter this post^^)

Iris launched herself backwards when the creature landet infront of her, screeching in shock.
little stone splinters flew into her face, but she didnt bother, just stared at the Albie infront of her
while stumbling backwards. Corey meanwhile jumped forward with a loud growl, raising his
headfeathers and baring his teeth. Iris now stood next to him, still recovering from the shock.
"No, but I believe you are in big trouble if you try something funny again" he hissed, twitching his big footclaws. "Ghosts?" Iris asked, partly scared,
partly curious. "well maybe...why?" she really was not shure what Golem
was up to, or if she really was a threat to them.
she shot Corey a quick glance, hoping that he would drop his hostility for once.
(3/3)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/03/2009 4:06 PM

ooc: oh, yeah, they can see her. xD

Golem tilted her head and crossed her right paw over her left to take a few steps in that direction, then crossed the left over the right to take a few steps back. It looked as if she was stumbling around drunkenly. Something funny? From your looks I take it you don't mean laughable. I'm a little 'outdated', and I don't keep up with slang. Sorry if I do something 'funny', she said to him, and from the tone of her "voice" it sounded like she really didn't care whether she did something 'funny' or not. Golem turned to Iris. 'Why?' 'Maybe?' Truly! Ghosts are real, and they can see you. And there are some. . . she said, her voice lowering into a whisper, and she moved forward until she was right in Iris's face, . . . who will GET you. Golem's unearthly white "eyes" bored into hers, simple holes cut in rock that glowed from within like mist. Golem leapt backwards a good ten feet and cracked another tile. There's one in here, right now. He's in that tomb behind the wall, there. I think. Golem tilted her head, trying very hard not to laugh.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/04/2009 1:49 PM

Iris winced when Golem got that close to her, but refused to retreat  again
and instead stood where she was. Corey snarled, looking annoyed. "Oh enough with the
ghost stories already!"
he growled. "what do you really want?" he couldn't imagine
that the girl infront of him really believed in something like ghosts. to him it looked
like she just wanted to scare them. Iris turned to the wall, shivering "Corey? what if
she's right and there are really ghosts who are not that...nice"
she asked, a little
angry of herself. she normaly wasnt that much of a scaredy cat, but right now her neckfeathers
stood on end. "even IF there are ghosts, how on earth are they supposed to do anything to us?"
the big male respondet, still sounding angry, but forced his voice to be a little softer to
calm Iris down.

(4/4)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/04/2009 6:32 PM

If Golem had a mouth, she would've grinned. She'd found their spot, right off the bat. Their weakness, her target. Golem tilted her head sideways and leaned in towards Corey, purely for effect. What do I want? Nothing, dear boy. It's what they want. It's all about what they want. Golem righted her head and stepped forward from leaning too far. Want to know? You should. They'll like that, she thought-spoke. She started to say something else, but quickly had to stop. Her whole body was shivering ever-so-slightly from the huge waves of laughter building in her chest. This was too good! The poor things were scared half to death already, and the game hadn't even begun! It was lucky her face was stone, or the gyrraptors would surely see her good humor.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/05/2009 1:15 AM

Corey looked surprised that Golem got that close to him, normaly the people stepped
out of his way, not into it. He immediatly decidet that he did not like it, and looked even more
agressive. "get - out - of - my -face" He hissed through gritted teeth, tensing every muscle
in his body. He looked like he wanted to launch an attack on her, but got distrackted
from his Packmate again "COREY! could you please quit being so agressive towards her?"
Iris regained some of her toughness again, and had to admit that she got more and more
curious about that whole Ghost thing, allthough it scared her a lot. She shot the wall a quick
glance, then turned back to Golem. "tell me more about those ghosts" Iris said, forcing her voice to not shake . Jes she was scared, and thus not noticing how bad Golem had to hold back her laughter.
She for once wished to have a good portion of Coreys courage. "oh...and if you
did not get it jet: I'm Iris, and thats Corey"
she added, desperately trying to get the conversation
into a more...pleasant vibe.

(5/5)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/17/2009 1:39 PM

ooc-- uwaaah, I'm so sorry! D: I never got a reply notification!

Golem tipped her head and stepped back. Her "eyes" bored into Corey's. So sorry, she said, I did not realize I was so ugly. Ach, a slip. Golem mentally cursed herself. Too many jokes like that and they would start catching on. She sat down with a loud Clink. My name is Golem. Call me whatever, I hold no such value on names like you people do, she said passively. The names wouldn't matter in the long run, and all it would do was make her attached to them. We don't want that, she thought to herself. You wanted to hear about the ghosts, right? Well, they are a rotten bunch. Only a few can show themselves, the cowards. But the ones that do are the ones you should watch out for. They're called vengeful spirits. They will rip your head off if you-- She stammered in her speech. What was she doing? She was trying to get them to the spirits, not run them off! . . . anger them, she finished. Golem glanced from Iris to Corey nervously and continued. Most of the time they leave you alone, but if you do something bad, say, throw rocks at them or something, they will get you. Not that rocks will hurt them, but that's beside the point, she said, comfortable again. Now all she had to do was get her lies strait.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/20/2009 4:58 PM

( no problem, I know that, happened to me lately too XD)

Iris listened to Golem with great interest, whily Corey still looked at her as if
he wanted to bite her face off. She blinked when Golem stammered,l but didnt think
anything about it. "...but. who would be so stupid and throw a rock at them?"
she asked surprised. "Sparks would...and Victor.and Squee. and... "oh shut it" she looked over angrily at the male, who just grinned slightly and glanced arround the room.
He still didnt believe in ghosts, but thought it would be better to keep alarmed.
"why are they called vengeful spirits? did they...die violent and now...seek revenge?"
Iris asked further. She heard about that kind of spirits before, but was not shure
if it where the ones Golem talked about.

(6/6)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 05/21/2009 12:57 AM

Golem's imaginary smile grew bigger. Not only were they believing her, but they wanted to hear about stories that no one had known for up into thousands of years. She could say anything. Golem raised a stone paw to her immobile chin, pretending to be trying to remember, but only stalling for time. She had to make this perfect. This story needed to be just enough to grab their attention and trust, and to give the ghosts themselves a whole new sense of appeal. It also needed to be harmless enough to convince Iris and Corey that they would not be hurt by them. Golem dropped her paw and nodded. I was never sure why they were called vengeful spirits, if the same thing had happened to me then I would have most likely moved on. But, maybe they were more attached to him than I would have been, she said, and indicated with a paw that she was about to start. Some manner of years ago, there was a temple-- she paused and motioned around her with a paw--made by religious monks. It looked rather different than it does today, of course, but that's not important. These monks, they were fleeing from a group of persecutors, the exact number of which I'm not sure, and they had been fleeing for quite some time. Generations, I believe. The monks were driven from Basantha, and on the very day they stopped here in Norrega, a youthful man stood and said he'd had enough. He told his people that he would help them find a place no soldier could ever reach them, or did he say they were going somewhere no one would ever want to? I don't remember. Either way, he led his people and the soldiers on a huge chase that went pretty much strait west, all the way to these barren plains. They stopped and rested a little ways into the plains, as there isn't much water and no towns had been founded yet. They would have stayed longer, but the soldiers found them there and chased them a little ways more. Then they rested again, and the soldiers caught them again. It got to the point where they had crossed almost the entire continent before the soldiers gave it a rest. The youthful man pointed at the soldiers' backs and said, 'See here? They can't stay long in these lifeless plains. Let's make our home here!' . . . or something like that. I guess they wanted to be extra-safe, because they went deep south before they settled down and built their temple. Maybe they just wanted to prevent their children from trying to go out of the plains to where it wasn't safe. She paused to ponder this last thought, and after a second or two began again. They were here for some time. A few years, ten at best. As you two and I both well know, no man religious to the point of fanaticism gives up on his religious rivals so easily. After such time had passed, the soldiers came back again. They came to their temple in the plains and tried to get rid of them. But the monks were brave. They didn't want to leave their sacred temple where the soldiers could destroy it. They fought hard, and they won. They celebrated all through the next week after their victory, but one night while they were sleeping, someone--It's not known who--killed the young man, now older, who had given his people courage that first day in Norrega. The monks were devastated, and prayed to their gods to give him his life back. We all know no one, not even gods, can so easily do such a thing. Nothing again happened to the monks, but when they all died their spirits did not rest. They now exist as the spirits that wander the shrine, and the great monk is the ghost in this tomb. Golem motioned to the wall she had pointed at earlier. She slowly realized that she had been holding her breath, and released it. Golem was tight on anxiety. It was a good story, her best yet, but was it good enough?  Would they believe her? And more importantly, would they want to see these ghosts?
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby heLLzCat » 07/19/2009 12:38 AM

--Apolion the Iiylumiel  
('the tale of the oblivion'  viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9826)

(my main RP character  viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9838)

An unusual sudden strong wind blew at The Grand Cathedral of Lambastia, a place silent as ever.  
Outside, the branches of dead trees dancing with the wind. As well  as the fallen dry leaves on the ground, which swept from the ground to the middle air for a little while before falling back to the ground, as if a sign of a coming of someone.. or something.
And when the wind gone as it never pass the place, everything went calm back.

Calm steps heard from the distance, clearly shows that there's ones that coming forward to the grand cathedral.

The distance slowly reveals two figure,

A girl in black and.. an Iiylumiel.

Apolion, my Iiylumiel
a companion of an endless journey in search of truth and destiny of the past..

"what if angels and purities you hail are just evils hidden behind the light?
its so bright that you even couldnt look whats behind the light.
judging that the evils are bad. they hid themselves within the shadow, how could you see the real them?
you couldnt judge things as black or white while you're blind.
realize it my dear, humans are blind." --Apolion the Iiylumiel
heLLzCat
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 127
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/19/2009 7:09 AM

(whoa so sorry man, same problem as you had earlier, simply no notification :( )

Iris listened carefully, now slowly loosing her fear.
She simply wasnt that scared of unknown things, once she
knew a bit of backstory.
Corey looked annoyed, but did not miss a word
of he story. "But...Why did someone kill
the young monk, after all he did for them?
is it that why he, or...all of them, cant rest?
because someone betraied him?" Iris got curiouser
about the monks, but she still was not too
shure if she would like a confrontation with those
ghosts...they seemed pretty angry.
Suddently, Coreys headfeathes flattened against his
head and he turned arround. He heard steps in he distance.
"who's there?" he growled.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next