The Purines are holding a scavenger hunt as part of their annual celebration of the ending of the War for the Tear. Check in here to join the party!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Scavenger Hunt

Google [Bot] like(s) this thread.

Postby Kyrit » 06/16/2013 8:17 PM

""While I'd heard of many people getting lost in the Tengel Rainforest, I never thought it'd actually happen to me since I'd taken a Mossdog with me. They were supposed to know their way around the rainforest so well! My little Shii and I spent days lost and roaming about, doing our best to at least not starve. I could tell that the little one was more worried about me than itself as well, which simply broke my heart. Toward the end of our third day being lost though, I heard a voice calling out to me, and looking up saw brilliantly golden scales before me.""

Ohana means family.
Family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten.
Even as a pirate, I understand that.
You, my family, are my greatest treasure .
I won't let that be stolen.

// Pen || Wishes \\
//Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan

Keystones: 1140
Donate

Re: .:Task 9:.

Postby Zoophilos » 06/17/2013 5:08 PM

And there he was - the fabled golden Kuchi Naga, his copper breastplate gleaming almost as brightly as his scales.  I was so surprised and excited to see him, I almost didn't notice the spear he pointed at me.

"State who you are and your business here, stranger!" he growled in warning.  I was too shocked and weary to speak, but the Shinzo flew in front of me protectively.  When he caught sight of the Shinzo, the Naga's eyes widened, and he lowered his spear.
An evildoer forgiven and saved by Jesus' sacrifice.

I know I'm not on as often as some of you; I spend most of my time at other websites. But if I get in a RP with you, I'll do my best to be sure respond quickly!Image
Zoo Pen My wishy-washy wishlist, for what it's worth
Zoophilos
Pet Expert
Pet Expert

Keystones: 21
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 06/20/2013 3:05 AM

The Kuchi Naga shook his head in disbelief and had to look once more at the little creature. Could it be that this...person was the one to finally cause the Shii to hatch and return to the home it was once in?

It was a relief that the fabled Kuchi Naga lowered his spear, causing me to release the breath I had not realized I was holding. "My little friend and I have been searching for awhile now for the fabled Kuchi Naga nobility, which I can only hope you are a part of. Now that we have found you, maybe I can found out more about what my precious Shii has been looking for."
FrostyRae
Pet Tamer
Pet Tamer

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/20/2013 12:02 PM

Though the spear was no longer pointed at me, the haughty glare the Nagi sent me had me trembling just as much as before, though his attention seemed more focused on my little Shii. Raising the point towards the canopy, he intoned a proud "follow me", and I was powerless to resist the compulsion in his voice. My little Shii raced on beside him, seeming to be happy and excited, and I followed them deeper into the woods.

When we arrived at a clearing, I saw many tidy huts all around, surrounded by Nagis with glowing golden scales! As they turned to whisper and point at us, my little Shii looked over at me, seeming concerned, before bouncing into my arms and letting me carry it as we neared a hut that seemed to tower above the others...
ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Celebrity Pet Expert
Celebrity Pet Expert

Keystones: 185
Donate

Postby Ander » 06/20/2013 11:29 PM

"My little Shii was shaking in my arms. I wanted to, too, but I had to be strong for the little guy. This was a big adventure we'd gotten ourselves into, after all! The shadow of the largest hut towered over us, but our guide led us on fearlessly. Two golden-scaled Nagi guarding the gate looked like they meant to stop us, but one motion from our guide, and they stood down. I couldn't help but wonder who he was to make them pause like that.

The hut was even bigger on the inside that it looked from the outside. We began to walk down a winding corridor - I couldn't tell if it sloped down or up. But as we walked further, I realized that the walls around us were smooth, pale, and carved. Every carving was a different image of the moon, the stars, and my special Shii."
Why did it all go wrong?
I wanna know what's going on.
And what's this holding me?
I'm not where I'm supposed to be.
I gotta fight another fight,
I gotta fight with all my might.
I'm getting out, so check it out -
You're in my way,
Yeah, you better watch out...

You can't take me. I'm free.
Ander
Master Pet Veteran
Master Pet Veteran

Keystones: 159
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/21/2013 12:57 AM

((Scav hunt is over, but that's not a reason to stop this, right? I really want to see where this story is going to go, so I propose we keep going for as long as Draiz allows it!))

The corridor ended in a wide room, lit by strange glowing orbs the sat in mounted sconces around the walls. Behind a high bench that ran along the seamless stone of the chamber sat what I could only assume to be the leaders of this rare clan, the high elders. Each individual bore the scars of battle and weathering of age, their eyes darkened by experiences or paled by the frosty glass of their ancient lifespans. My guide bowed before them, but motioned when I went to do the same; apparently I had been granted some kind of privilege by bringing the Shii to them.

When he rose, my guide spoke to them in a strange hissing tongue, which I gathered to be their native one, presumable explaining who I was and were I had come from. When he finished, the elder in the center of the council dismissed him with a wave before turning his aged eyes on me.

"Visitor," he said in the common tongue, his voice accented by the hiss of his native speech, "the creature you have brought to us is a special one, as you seem to have gathered. It is one of an ancient species, one that worked side by side with us in our days of glory. When the last of these Shinzos laid her last clutch, however, it seemed as though our reign was over. The eggs were hard as stone and refused to hatch for us. It would appear that they require a touch different from our own."

There was a murmur of agreement and a nodding of heads from the rest of the council. "We will answer what questions we can, but you must promise us one thing in return: you will do what you can with the eggs we still have here. Our former glory is gone, but we would take any risk for a chance to see this race reborn again."

Fifty words for murder
And I'm every one of
them

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Celebrity Pet Veteran
Celebrity Pet Veteran

Keystones: 600
Donate
Location: The faults of incompetent abilities will be consigned to oblivion

Postby Zoophilos » 11/23/2013 12:45 AM

(Continuing this, because we need to finish this story!  We can't just leave it hanging just because the Scavenger hunt is over!)

After all that had happened, I had almost forgotten why we were here in the first place!  It took me a few moments to collect my thoughts and find my voice.  The hissing and intent stares of the Kuchi Naga around me didn't help, but at last I found the words!
       "I was gifted this little Shii by a soldier I saved as a medic, during the Purine war.  We have been together several years now..."  I told them the whole story, from my search to discover the Shii's history, up to how I had finally found the golden-scaled guard who had brought me here.  They listened very closely, without once trying to interrupt.
       "And so, we're here to find out if there's a way for my little Shii to evolve.  I would be happy to help with your eggs any way I can.  Can you help him?... please?"
       Seeing my tale had come to an end, the lead elder stood up.
       "Thank you, traveler, for giving the shinzos your help.  We would be honored to help your Shii, the first Shii born of our old allies that we have seen in over two centuries.  Come, follow me."

I know I'm not on as often as some of you; I spend most of my time at other websites. But if I get in a RP with you, I'll do my best to be sure respond quickly!Image
Zoophilos
Pet Expert
Pet Expert

Donate

Postby Zoophilos » 12/14/2013 1:38 AM

I obediently followed the elder Kuchi Nagi to the back of the room, where a single door stood shut.  The elder took a key from some pocket hidden in his armor and unlocked the door, and led me through.  Behind the door was a corridor that seemed relatively narrow compared to the spacious room we had just left.  The walls were covered in carved images of my Shii - and also Shinzos that I had never seen before. I could only guess that it was what my Shii would become when it evolved.  I didn't have time to study them, as the elder was moving quickly.  He seemed eager to reach our destination, and I soon had to trot to keep up.  I was pretty tired from our trek through the jungle, and soon stumbled.  The Nagi noticed and slowed down just a tad.  Even so, I was trotting again before we finally came to the end of the long, winding corridor.
       It opened out to a cave-like overhang in a rocky glen in the jungle.  It was a beautiful sight.  High, stone, wall-like slopes surrounded us, with a waterfall at one end.  Water flowed from there to a little pool near us.  From the pool, my eyes strayed to what looked like a large nest inside a ring of stones, with eggs just like the one my Shii had hatched from piled inside.  My guide turned to me.
       "Here," he said, gesturing toward all around him, "is where the Shinzos chose to gather to evolve their young, and where we keep the eggs.  We have guarded them here for decades, even centuries, carefully choosing our most honorable and reliable warriors for the task."  For the first time, I noticed the Kuchi Nagi soldiers with a long spear standing guard by the nest, staring at me.
       "Kerriskren, who brought you to our village, is one of these chosen guards.  Tomorrow,  here is where the Evolution Ceremony will be performed.  But tonight, I think you had better get some rest.  You and your friend are clearly weary from your journey."  With that, he led me and my little Shii back through the hall and the elders hut.  He ordered that two beds be fixed up for us in another hut, a hammock for me and a nest of straw and Polly feathers for my Shii, and they gave us a meal of fruits and roast fish.  My Shii greatly enjoyed the fruits.  I enjoyed them too, but by that time I was almost too tired to taste anything!

(Edited slightly)

Zoophilos
Pet Expert
Pet Expert

Donate

Postby Zoophilos » 12/18/2013 10:28 PM

The next morning, not only my Shii and I, but also every Kuchi Nagi in the village gathered in the grotto we had seen the day before.  The special guards the elder had told me about, including Kerriskren who had brought me to the elders, stood around the nest, aggressively raising their spears when other Nagi came too close.

The elder who had led me here yesterday told me, "Your Shii requires the presence of it's fellow Lubshii and Shinzos in order to evolve, and there are no others left.  However, over the years, as our species became close friends, the presence of us Nagi became a viable substitute for the Shinzo herd.  A very good thing, otherwise your Shii friend would have no hope of evolving!"  I nodded, speechless with excitement, and the Shii bobbed in agreement.

The elders gathered around my Shii near the pool, with me standing just behind my Shii.  The crowd of Nagi quieted as the head elder raised his hands.  The Nagi began speaking to the crowd in the Nagi language, the elder nearest to me translating for me.

"People of the High Clan, today the child of our age-old allies has returned to us.  And he brings with him a friend who can do what we cannot - hatch the eggs of our allies!  Now she in turn asks us to do for the child what she cannot."  He continued, looking directly at the Shii, "So, my little one, I welcome you to your ancestral home.  And we encourage you to evolve with our blessing - please!”

I waited expectantly.  Was that really all there was to it?  Nothing seemed to be happening.  The elders just stood there, as if any second now, something would happen.  Seconds ticked by, and yet nothing.  The villagers began stirring.  Even my Shii seemed to be wondering what was going on.  I opened my mouth to speak, and of course, right then, something finally happened.

Zoophilos
Pet Expert
Pet Expert

Donate

Postby Zoophilos » 12/20/2013 9:07 PM

My Shii evolved.  After all the days of seeking answers, all the time wandering lost in the jungle, my Shii finally evolved.  She became a beautiful Lubshi, one with gleaming gray and blue scales and a crest that arched from the back of her head.  She threw her head back and boomed out a musical call like that of a trumpet.  For several moments, I could only stand and stare in delight.

Then, the Lubshi turned and hurried to me, almost knocking me down in her excitement.  I threw my arms around her and hugged her tight!  The head elder said to me, "Your friend must age a few years before he is ready to evolve to the final stage, and then, she will again require our presence as a substitute herd in order to do so.  Why we can evolve the Shiis, yet can't hatch their eggs, I don't know, and cannot tell you.  But since you can hatch them, please take these eggs and do what you can for them.  If you think it best to move the eggs away from the village, we will send the members of the Nest Guard with you to help you, and to see you both safely back here when it is time for your Lubshi to evolve again.  Though, we hope you will be able to help them here among their allies?"  The elder phrased the last sentence more as a question, looking at me hopefully.  I thought carefully, looking over the eggs.  Some of them seemed to respond to my touch, but others showed no sign of life.

"I am not sure that I alone can help all these eggs, as much as I would like to.  I think it would be best to take them to the outside world and find others to whom the eggs will also respond.  We would of course come back when it is time.  I don't think my friend will let me stay away even if I wanted to!"  The lubshi nuzzled me and tootled and bobbed her head happily in agreement.
       "And I do wish to come back."

Zoophilos
Pet Expert
Pet Expert

Donate

Postby Zoophilos » 12/21/2013 12:22 AM

"Thus, I am here today with the eggs of the ancient Shinzos, and their golden Kuchi Nagi guardians, looking for others who can also hatch these eggs," Almysia continues.  You think you see a coppery gleam in the darkness, but dismiss it as a trick of the firelight.

"I tell our story to anyone willing to listen, and we choose carefully who to introduce to our eggs."  Almysia smiles at you.  "Would you like to see them?"  Eyes wide with surprise, you nod.  Almysia shows you a small tent set up near the fire, and just as you thought, a golden Kuchi Nagi wearing copper armor stands guard at the entrance.  Almysia smiles and nods at him as the two of you approach, and he lets you enter.  Inside are the eggs, piled in what looks like a low cart padded with blankets and straw.  Two more Kuchi Nagi stand guard inside the small tent, which in addition to you and Almysia, makes it pretty crowded.  Almysia doesn't seem to notice though; she kneels and gently caresses one of the eggs, then hands it to you.  You take it carefully, with a glance at the sentries.

"Will you take one of the eggs?  Do you think you have what it takes to hatch and raise one of the special Shii?"

THE END

Zoophilos
Pet Expert
Pet Expert

Donate

Previous