Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Passion on the Ice [Self]

Postby SpringsSong » 03/06/2014 7:43 PM

ImageImage
Ayakyla, "Kyla" - 8259c7
Kinasha, "Kina" - c67504

Ayakyla was not at all surprised to see her friend in her short track getup, racing around the track.  She could tell that Kinasha was timing herself; trying to beat her previous lap time.  However, when the racer noticed her friend standing there, she turned off of the ice and came around to the rest area.

"Hey, Kina," Ayakyla said, sitting down on the bench next to her friend.

"How's it hangin', Kyla?" Kinasha asked.  "You're not here to try and hook me up with your brother again, are you?"

"Wow, right to the heart of the matter, eh?" Ayakyla asked, laughing.  "Please, just meet him, will ya?  I mean, what's the harm in that?"

Cenarnis - 11bbde

Cenarnis was already taking to the ice, having waited until Kinasha had vacated the ice.  He wasn't doing much; merely practicing some moves that he had been working on.  When Kinasha saw him, he smiled and made his way over to the resting area.

"You must be the speed skater that my sister's always talking about," he said.  "My name's Cenarnis.  What's your name?" he asked.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: Passion on the Ice [Self]

Postby SpringsSong » 03/06/2014 8:13 PM

"Kinasha.  It's nice to meet you, Cenarnis," Kinasha said, standing up to shake Cenarnis' hand.  The touch was a stiff one; he couldn't tell if she was nervous, stand-offish, or both.  His sister, however, smiled as she stepped in.

"As you know, Kina, Cenarnis is a figure skater--just like I am," Ayakyla said.  "We considered entering as a team for pairs, but we both decided against it.  You know, working with one's siblings can sometimes get a little... awkward," she said, and Cenarnis cleared his throat.

"That, and our parents said that if we entered as a team, we'd never pass the trials.  They said something about our relationship as a team was... almost too platonic.  Enala won't even touch figure skating," he said.

"Well, why would you trust their word point-blank?  If I listened to people about my career, I wouldn't be here," Kinasha said to Cenarnis.  Then, she turned to Ayakyla and asked, "Isn't Enala your other sister?"

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/06/2014 8:32 PM

"Yeah--Enala, Cenarnis, and I are triplets.  We were born about... seven months after our parents' last Olympics," Ayakyla said, but Cenarnis was more interested in what Kinasha had said before.

"What do you mean, you wouldn't be here?" he asked, and Ayakyla tensed up considerably.  She knew that this was a touchy subject for Kinasha, but the other girl straightened her back and stared at the man, her purple eyes fiery.

"I went down during a run for the trials," Kinasha said coldly.  "My skate cut deep enough to hit my femoral artery.  I was in the hospital for about a month, and they told me that I'd be lucky to ever walk again.  Now, if I'd listened to them... would I be here, with two gold, a silver, and three bronze medals?" she asked.

"Kina, please--" Ayakyla started, and the other growled slightly, but digressed her point.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/06/2014 9:05 PM

"I know, Kyla; I-I know," Kinasha said, sighing as she looked away.  "I just... so many times, I hear about people who are told one thing or another and they roll over and they just accept it, throwing away potential," she said, frowning.

"If it's any consolation, hon," Kyla said, smiling, "I wasn't too keen on entering the pool for pairs.  Just doing the singles event is challenging enough without having to have a trainer standing over you, saying that no relationships are allowed--whether with your partner on the ice, or a romance off of the ice."

"I hate to break into the conversation, ladies," Cenarnis said, "but... might I ask if you would join me for dinner, Kinasha?"

"Not a chance, Cenarnis," Kinasha said.  "I mean, yes, you're nice.  However, I don't know how well I'd get along with a person who just rolls over and believes what someone says about them."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/19/2014 11:45 AM

Cenarnis inclined his head slightly at this point in time; as if to say, I see.  Giving a nod to his sister, he left the arena, leaving the two women together.  It was a few moments before any words were spoken, and when the silence was broken, it was broken by Ayakyla.

"Well, that was not how I had planned on your first meeting going, Kina," she said.  "He was actually wanting to meet you and have dinner with you and all, and you shut him down just because of a disagreement that we'd had with our parents."

"He and I probably wouldn't have gotten along anyways," Kinasha said.  "Frankly, I think you're the one who understands me the best, and I don't even know if you--"

Here, Kinasha stopped herself as she shook her head.  "Forgive me.  Just... since Freewind left, I haven't had anyone to really confide in, and I... I don't even know," she said.

"No, you're fine, Kina," Kyla said.  "As for your statement... I don't worry about it.  I'm... not even sure which way I swing, if you take my meaning.  So... maybe, there will be a chance between us, but only if you're completely all right with it."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate