Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Re: Internet Friends (P, Zap and me)

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/12/2016 5:37 PM

The length of time that the scanner kept running was absolutely dreadful really. Admin had by now grown horribly bored, and was lying on his back staring up at the blankness that had once been his path back to cyberspace. Blocked. Shut down. Cut. This was a disaster, really, it was--a very boring disaster.

Finally, the software was shut off, and Admin's ears perked with interest--if one could call it that. Anything was more interesting than just lying there, even talking to a human.

Admin would be lying if he said that he wasn't a little bit perturbed by Oz's threat. Regardless of not really knowing what he was up against, Oz could probably do some damage. The prospect was inconvenient to Admin, if not a little chilling. Admin was already thinking up plans, files to hide in, to disperse his very being throughout the whole computer in attempts to escape this supposed virus destroyer, when suddenly the human was typing once again. Sure, he could keep talking, if it would buy him some more time to think of a way out of this.

A wrote:You're in luck--for the first time ever, limited time offer, I'll be completely honest.

Your defenses were wide open. It was hilarious. I wanted to destroy you. : )

And now I can't leave. You've shut off the internet. Reconnect it and lift the firewall.

Pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty please?

Or some such bull. Admin could normally reconnect the internet himself, but not when the modem had been turned off. That was a physical matter, and while Admin did... admittedly... have some ability there, it was very limited in his current form.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 499
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ShadowStitches » 02/13/2016 7:49 AM

Oz had to smirk slightly at the last coment of this...weird...person. Or whatever he was writing to.
By now he was pretty sure he actually was confronted with the Virus some of his peers had talked about, and that he succeeded in 'catching' it. He did not ever suspect that he would actually -
well- catch it .
As odd as this whole thing was, his weird gut feeling  slowly turned into more curiosity.
So the guy would not answer him properly, he got it. what would happen if he played the whole "AI game"
along though? because that was what the person seemed to try to imply.
still freaked out to some extend, but with a bit more elan, he responded
Okay, that's fair enough I guess. It must have seem like a inventation almost.
However....what exactly makes you think that I would simply re-connect and 'let you go',
given what you where trying to do to me/my computer in the first place?
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/18/2016 2:20 AM

A wrote:Yeah, yeeeEEEeeah, an invitation! That's what it felt like.

As for that

Admin trailed off for a moment, a small buzz of fear running down his spine in little sparks. So this confirmed it--if his probability was working correctly, there was a high chance that this human's manner of speaking suggested he was planning on keeping Admin there. Well that was great. Wonderful. Peachy.

How worm his way out of this one...? He supposed he could scare the guy. That usually tended to work with humans, and they were pretty easily scared when technology and precious files were involved. The only problem with that was, apparently, this was a junk computer. Admin had slowly begun to figure that much out--that this whole thing was a trap, and he had effectively fallen for it. How embarrassing, really.

A wrote:You know, if you let me go, I won't bug you anymore. You have that fun little code in the virus scanner--couldn't that be enough for your little brain to analyze? I need to go. Let me out.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ShadowStitches » 02/19/2016 6:38 PM

Oz involuntarily cokced his head slightly.
He still refused to believe that this was in fact not a human behind a other computer, but...
it was more trying to keep himself sane rather then lisening to reason.
whatever the case, he was very curious what exactly this guy was capable of.

Nah. That code will only give me some information, most likely disjointed, and where is the fun in that.

he hesitated.

And by the way, whats the hurry? Lets...talk a little. get to know eachother.
I could put on some romantic music If that makes you feel more confortable...

okay, sorry, that was terrible

He opened up a search box and typed in a seemingly random sting of numbers.
up popped an other text editor, this time with a half written program.
It was an old, old project of his, that he disregarded when he just started his 'carreer'.
It was a prototype of a trojan. simple, but it would do.

now this could be interisting

You know...
Maybe I will agree on setting you free. but, you'll have to work for it, friend.
I'm curious on what you can do. aside from re arranging trash files.
lets see what you can come up with with this little tidbit. go on, knock yourself out.

he was simply curious on what his 'rival' would do next. if he would, in fact even touch the code.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/23/2016 12:54 AM

Fun? This Oz human was interested in fun? Most people who encountered Admin or anything of his ilk just wanted him gone quickly. It made things far simpler, after all, though he couldn't deny he usually wanted the attention he so rightfully deserved.

But now that he was getting it, he wasn't so sure about the whole 'attention' thing anymore. Admin wasn't great with sarcasm, but he was slowly getting better at it. Humans liked to use it on him especially, since they figured computers couldn't understand it. All it needed was a human to teach him how it worked--after he asked so nicely--and he had a fairly good grasp on when a human was using it. Romantic music? Sarcasm. Hilarious. Ha, ha, ha. He supposed laughter would be appropriate, were he physically capable of it.

Admin peered at the documents Oz was opening, frowning slightly. So this must be an older computer, if it had a file last edited on such a late date. Well, that explained why its security had looked so blatantly open, other than the obvious fact that it had been wide open.

A wrote:Naturally, I can do way more than rearrange files in your Trash. But why should I do this for you? You're putting me to work?

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 02/23/2016 5:32 PM

Oz took an other sip of his coffee. slowly he started to question his own fabricated logic of this being a human rival. aside from thr balantly obvious internet being disconected issue, he could not figure out why a guy would keep up this act.
instead of letting himslef slowly freak out though, his brain decidet to get more curious. for now.

smirking, he replied

hm... no, I'm not just letting you do the stuff I'm to lazy †o do. Like I said, I'm just curious of what exactly
you are capable of. You want out, I get it, but I really, really want to know what all of the fuzz is about in the scene. you know...people talking about you...

He shifted gears slightly. He was curious just how Admin would react to this. He kind of hoped that he had him...it...whatever, by the pride here. A little ego stroking sometimes went a long way, especially with
hackers. Hopefully he would get some sort of insight in this guys skills.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/25/2016 1:45 AM

Admin was pretty distracted by one strange little thing in the middle of Oz's message, so much that he hadn't really read it quite yet. Instead of responding, he seemed to be typing utter nonsense into the text box.

A wrote:†o
†††††
†t†ttt†
T† †00dles?

Admin blinked, realizing the message had, indeed, been directed at him, and that he was meant to respond. He read it over at light speed, but paused in thought as he processed the statement. All the fuzz? In the scene? People talking about him?

He shifted, wary but unable to hide the soft whirr of excitement that came from the computer as he began to type.

A wrote:Ohh, well... you know. It can't be helped that I'm well-known, and well-feared I'm sure. I've played with my fair share of humans. They're all different at first, but ultimately boringly the same. It's no wonder they'd all be talking about the same thing. About me. Yes, yes. Yes.

Admin stared at the blinking line at the end of the text, then up at the unfinished code, then back at the text. He frowned, a small noise coming from the computer in his irritation, before he finally continued.

A wrote:Alright. Fine, alright, I'll play with your little code. Give me a few seconds.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 02/26/2016 6:10 PM

(short one, sorry :/ tired as all hell)

This time, the subtle noises from the computer did not escape Oz. It was particularry odd, because the machine had not much to actually process to justify this. They where oddly...perfectly timed too, like a response.

Looking at the responses, he chuckeled slightly. /knew I would get you with that one/
as eery as this was, he could not wait to see what Admin would come up with. Figuring it would take a bit of time, and finally realising that his stomach was basically concaving on itself, he quickly typed

Okay bud, I need to grab something, brb. have fun.

and with that, he went hunting for anything eatable in their small flatshare kitchen, hoping against all odds to find something other then cold pizza.

(ext one will be better, I swear :/ I think if oz comes back moments later and the code is done, it might help sink in the...gravity of the situation though;))

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/01/2016 11:37 AM

((Ahh don't worry about it! I don't mind length of posts as long as I have something to reply to! And ooh yeahh makes sense. :0))

The code was a little jumbled--clearly a fairly ammeter job, which made sense, if it as old as it seemed--but Admin could get his hands on the vast majority of it. In a laughably short amount of time he'd fashioned a little trojan, likely the purpose the code had been for all along. Boring. This bored him, and the human was still gone. Deciding to continue fiddling, he promptly shoved the trojan into a file and stuck it on the desktop, then destroyed what he had and started over.

By the time Oz would come back, Admin would have had a bit more fun than needed. He'd fashioned an odd little worm, wrapped up in a .exe file on the center of the desktop, and he was rather pleased with it. It was meant to progressively alter the speed of machinery until it tore itself apart, a nasty little virus that affected the physical world just enough. It had been done before--of course--but Admin thought Oz might like it. Then again, he wondered why he hoped the human would be impressed. The thought made him sour, and he labeled the file with a rather rude word, chuckling to himself. Humans either loved or hated these, he'd come to find out.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 03/06/2016 3:54 PM

Oz strolled back into his room a few moments later, having found nothing except for a Granola bar and, much to his dismay, cold pizza. He plopped down in front of his laptop again, and had to stifle a small lough at the name of the file, sitting point blank in the middle of the desktop.  

/done already?/ he thought to himself, but the computer did not read any activity, so he clicked it with an inward shrug. Obviously, he had his analysis program up again, and stopped chewing on his cold pizza.
even before the virus worked its magic, he imideatly realized that this code had absolutely nothing
to do with his little project. And this was quite complex code.
It was then that his machine started to whirr and make other rather unpleasant sounds, signaling that his computer had to chew on something very hard, or was quickening speed. Furrowing his brow, Oz forced himself to wait, untill he finally hissed some curses under his breath, scrambling to prevent the virus from frying his computer.
Before he could really...do anything, however, the program stopped, apparently self destructing and leaving his computer slowly cooling down again.

Oz stared intently at his desktop, only vagually aware that every hair on his neck and arms was standing to attention. This was impossible. no one, not even the most skilled programmers where able to write something like this in the time it took this...guy...to finish it. No human or otherwise organic at least.
There was no way of denying what he had been expecting for some time now, but wouldnt let surface.
"holy hell..." he hissed, before leaning foreward to type, his hands hovering over the keyboard before finally klickering away

Not gonna lie, that was indeed pretty impressive.

he stopped, before continuing
So. I get that you are really not human or...something else behind a keyboard effing around with me then.
That is...new. Never talked to an...AI before. if thats what you are

He chewed on his lip. his brain was till in shock, and he was mildly annoyed at his lame comments.

say...can you comunicate any other way with me? this typing is getting pretty annoying.

He had a lot of questions. And a few sinister ideas forming on his brain. They where circeling around possibilities, should this...character agree on join forces.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/11/2016 12:16 PM

Just when Admin was starting to grow bored with the time he had leftover, Oz returned, and Admin sat up a little straighter. He internally frowned at himself. Why was he so eager to impress this flesh sack? It truly was stupidity at its finest, and Admin didn't take too kindly to having random bouts of stupidity. Admittedly, he didn't quite expect Oz to actually run the virus.

Panic seized Admin as the machine began to whir and overwork itself. Oh, he felt sluggish--he tried to move to a more recluse corner of the computer, but it felt like the virus was suddenly working everywhere, overheating the computer like a furnace. Admin stared at the messaging program and began to try to type, lag holding him back something fierce.

A wrote:T  TU RN IT

OOFFFFF₣₣₣₣

And then, just like that, the virus stopped. Admin was shaking, his coding desperately trying to get back on the tracks it had been derailed from. He stared at the message he'd sent--it was clear he'd shown weakness. Now he'd just have to compensate with a little cooperation, and maybe Oz would overlook it entirely.

But what a question... Of course, Admin wanted to respond, of course I can communicate in other ways. But he wasn't fully sure he'd be able to follow up on that claim.

A wrote:Human? No, NNo, certaii0inly not,

Shoot. He was still glitching like hell.

A wrote:Is this not gGOod enough for youu? Is there a prprprprobb

Admin gritted his teeth in irritation and tried to shake the feeling. This was obnoxious, and an inconvenience at best. At worst, he'd likely have to reset himself back to an earlier copy, before he ever entered this stupid godforsaken trap of a computer. But... this had been interesting. He'd wait. He wouldn't take such drastic measures just yet.

A wrote:Is there a problem? You have have have fingers, you can dddeal with itT.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 03/11/2016 6:26 PM

Oz tilted his head slightly. he looked at the jumbled messages, trying to hold back any too snarky comments. well, at least Admin did in fact er…survive his little stunt albeit a bit shaken up it seemed.

hm, yeah, talking is just a bit quicker for me. but…I guess Typing is okay, if its a little less…stressful to you.

he would not let this one slip. He could feel a slightly arrogant smirk forming on his face, while typing out his next message. He was vaguely aware that it might not be the best idea to tease a sort of unknown AI until he was sure of its full abilities, but the fact that it almost fried itself was just too funny and interesting to ignore.

You really did not think your little stunt through, did you? I’ll run pretty much anything on this old pile of trash, I don’t care what happens to it…just a heads up for  the next time you try to fry your surroundings

granted, the last one was unnecessary, and he almost regretted poking fun at him. after all, he wanted to work with this guy, not piss him off ntill he would not cooperate at all.
he thought, before adding.

sorry. you need any help? you still seem a little…err…shaken up.  

He was…pretty sure the guy would be far too proud to let him help in any way, but offering it would maybe make him seem a little more harmless. after all,

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/15/2016 1:24 AM

The scowl that Admin gave the one-way screen was positively murderous, though he knew as well as anyone that there was very little he could do, especially at this low power level, not to mention the odd glitches to his code. He tried once more to shake the effects off, to no avail, and he was really starting to get nervous about the whole thing. Had he... actually messed something up? Would he have to revert to a previous installment after all?

A wrote:It wasNNN'T that i didn't thiiink it THrough!! I didn't thinK you would run it o on on your own mmamachine!!

God, this was embarrassing. He couldn't even speak correctly, it was like he couldn't focus long enough to input the right commands before something skipped or went too hard. And what was this? Sympathy? Disgusting. Admin sneered internally--no, he wouldn't give Oz the satisfaction.

A wrote:Noono, i aMM going to backtrack. This is the LAST !! TIME you'll see me, human.

I won't remember you.

Admin was glad that last part had come out coherent, at least. It was a small bite, but it was something. Admin shook himself out and looked within, searching for the proper command to reset himself to a last successful installation, and he reached for it... yes, this was goodbye. This was goodbye, from this godforsaken mess of a computer--!

...what?

Admin blinked rapidly, and pressed it a few more times, the computer making an error noise each time he did it. Did... did that get damaged? Had his most basic form of self-defense get broken?! This was bad. This was completely and utterly screwed.

A wrote:FIX THIS!!!!! FIX THIS FIX THIS FIX THIS FIX THIS

He was far too panicked to play around anymore.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 03/25/2016 2:02 PM

Oz bit his lip. shit. he went to far. couldnt keep his mouth shut, and now this very, very interisting...err...individuall...thing....was angry enough to leave.
Of course, he would not have thought that it could leave, at all. If he had, he most likely would have been much less cocky. But the damage was done, and he doubted that trying to talk Admin out of it would work.

Growling slightly in frustration, he stared at the last message. He could have punched himself for letting this opportunity slip.

The error sound jerked him out of his thoughts. Blinking slightly, his attention quickly shifted to the panicked
message that appeared on his computer. he could not prevent from mout twitching slightly into a grin, before
quickly replying

okay, relax. Hold on a second.

opening a software that enabeled him to read into admins code, and an other, old and dusty error searching software, he furrowed his brow slightly. There had been quite some damage done. nothing overly serious it seemed, but Admin had been a little ratteled at multiple parts. That and the fact that Admins code was very advanced and foreign would make the whole thing a little harder then he would klike to admit. But by no means impossible.Disregarding most of the code, he found  the reset function. Clearly, this was broken, and would take a little while to fix.

he went to work on it, but paused. if he fixed this, the guy would slip away quicker then he could blink.
hesitating, he opened a message again and typed quickly.

If I do this for you, would you consider hanging around a little longer? I did not mean to insult you earlier,
and...

ah, if he already went for this route, a little more flattery could not hurt. It seemed that the...Program liked that before too, right? trying couldnt hurt

I mean...I would like to talk a bit. after all, it really is not all day that I get to know someone like you.

(hooooope this is okay? dont think he could just mess around with Admins code, maybe he just fixes it and lets Admin insert the correct code once it Is finished. Unless you are okay with Oz lterally effing around with his data....)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/01/2016 6:13 PM

((Yeah that's totally okay! And heck, I dunno it'd be funny if he messed with Admin's code. xD But this way, Admin will trust him a little more, since he probably had access to doing so. Whichever way you'd rather go!))

Admin felt a small shiver go down his spine as he was targeted and held down by the program. It was by no means uncomfortable, save for the fact that it was confining. Really, it was rather calming, save for the shudder that went through him as his code was exposed, leaving him in a terribly vulnerable position. If Oz wanted to, he could essentially completely change Admin's code, right then and there. Of course, Admin could revert back to an old copy, but whether or not he'd remember how after Oz was done with him would remain to be seen.

He considered his options, staring at the text as it appeared on the screen, his eyes narrowing to slits. That was... difficult to argue, he supposed.

A wrote:Is thaaAAat s soso?
Fine i can agREeheee to those terms. agree to those terms. agree.
hurrying would Be Nice, though. Talk later.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext