Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Defying Stars (P: Ari) [M:E]

Postby Kitsumi » 11/26/2016 12:04 PM

Roland fidgeted nervously as the car in which he sat moved slowly down the driveway towards his private estate. Although he had told himself dozens of times that there was nothing to worry about, he couldn't quite rid himself of the fear that something terrible may have happened during his brief absence. He hadn't even wanted to leave in the first place, but when his father called him to the castle for 'important business' the prince had really been given no choice in the matter. It had been three long days and nights, but now he was finally returning home...hopefully to find Romeo still waiting, despite the fact that he had practically been abandoned just as he was beginning to feel better.

This was why he had never bothered to form attachments to the men with which he usually spent time. Roland knew that his title often took him away from the area he considered home, and he couldn't exactly bring a romantic partner with him to meet his parents. His father would be furious - he was still putting quite a bit of effort into picking a suitable bride for his heir. There was no way that he would accept a stranger coming in and claiming to be his son's suitor.

Checking his mobile phone for about the hundredth time since the car ride had began, Roland once more tried to convince himself that all was well. Dr. Ethan Emerson had been instructed to check on the prince's guest multiple times a day to ensure that he was well - surely if Romeo had left, or taken ill once more, Roland would have been told. Unless it was an emergency, and the doctor hadn't been given any time to call...

Finally, the car stopped at the end of the driveway. Feeling slightly sick with fearful anticipation, the young man bounded from the car, took the steps two at a time, and swung open the front door. "I'm home!" he called loudly, something he normally didn't bother doing. He only did it this time in hopes that he would hear Romeo's voice answering his call.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7189
Donate

Re: Defying Stars (P: Ari) [M:E]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 11/27/2016 3:33 PM

It might surprise Roland that not just Romeo's voice answered his call. The boy himself came running out of an adjacent hallway, and jumped - literally - to embrace him. He snuggled into Roland's shoulder, and made a happy noise in the back of his throat. "Welcome home!" he whispered in his ear, before drawing back, and formally bowing, with a bit of a roguish wink. He looked so, so much better, dressed in a fine red brocade suit, with white slacks, and black boots. Still pale, but not shaking or trembling at all - he did actually look as though he had at least partially recovered. He was also very clean - his hair was soft and touchable, his eyes were bright, and his body was free of bruises or gashes. Romeo looked every bit as princely as Roland - and the spring in his step, clean wardrobe, and happy expression probably had a lot to do with the servants here. Dr. Emerson, also, should be commended that Romeo looked so healthy.

"I mean... Welcome home, Roland." He smiled, and winked again. "Thy very presence hath brought the brightness in this darkest of hours. Flowers of pure lily white, could not for their breadth and width of experience, match the illumination that thy smile hath upon my heart." After the poetry, he grinned wide. "It's good to see you back. How was the trip?"
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/28/2016 12:17 PM

It seemed to take a moment for Roland to recognize the man in his arms. "Romeo?" He practically crushed the man to his chest for a moment, hugging him as tightly as he dared, before pulling back just enough to get a better look at him. "You look so much better!" he exclaimed happily. "And I'm not just talking about the clothes, either." Roland looked his guest up and down, feeling shabby in comparison. Although he himself was dressed well - in a grey pair of slacks and a matching vest over a white collared shirt with a navy tie - he knew he probably looked exhausted. Sleeping at his father's castle was difficult for him due to the family tension, and despite his attempts to rest up in the car, he hadn't been able to get a wink of sleep on the ride home.

However, either Romeo's poetry or simply his presence was enough to fill Roland with new energy. He stood just a little straighter, with a real smile on his face as his eyes lit up. "I'm glad to be back, and even more glad to see that you're still here." Leaning forward, he lightly brushed his lips against Romeo's cheek. It was a chaste kiss, the sort one might give a grandmother or friend, but it was enough to create butterfly's in the prince's stomach. "The trip was...well, it was a business trip. It wasn't exactly enjoyable." He laughed. "How have you been? Was everyone attentive enough?" He had given strict instructions for all of his personal staff to treat Romeo as they would Roland, and ensure that he was well looked after.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 11/28/2016 5:01 PM

Romeo nodded, and motioned behind him, up the stairs. "I made friends with pretty much everyone that came to see me. Once I was well enough, I started helping in the kitchen, and made a lot of pastries." He laughed. "I never did get a chance to tell you what I can do - since I... erm... well... I got sick." Rubbing the back of his neck a bit, breaking into a grin. "I made you some stuff, too - yanno, for whenever you're hungry. Right now, though..." Pausing, he put his hands on Roland's shoulders, and looked into his eyes. "You look beat. C'mon - come up to the bedroom, and we'll have a nap together."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/01/2016 5:37 PM

Looking relieved, Roland smiled and nodded. "Good. I'm glad that everyone was friendly." It had taken his staff a while to warm up to him when he first hired them. Then again, when he had first purchased this home as his haven and employed those who had been working for him ever since, he had been a bit...well, lost. Once they had seen the man that the prince truly was underneath, they had finally began to respect and even befriend him.

"You can bake?" The prince looked at Romeo with something akin to wonder. "I would love to taste whatever you made. I've personally never been able to cook. I would probably burn water." He rubbed the back of his neck, laughing sheepishly. "A nap sounds wonderful...especially one with you." He leaned forward, quickly touching his lips to the other man's nose before grabbing his hand and heading for the stairs to his room. He took them two at a time, eager for the moment when he finally practically collapsed onto the bed, without even bothering to take off his shoes.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 12/03/2016 12:03 PM

Romeo laughed a bit, and helped the prince take off his shoes, and undo the fancy coat - both of which he put away in the appropriate place before joining Roland on the bed, and curling close to him. He took the small-spoon position, because although he was a switch in bed... when it came to cuddling, he preferred to be in the submissive sort of position. Feeling Roland against his back was comforting, and it pushed him into a sense of calm he hadn't felt since the prince left. To say he was 'addicted' to Roland's presence wasn't too far of a stretch to make.

Dr. Emerson still had to come in daily to give him a complete checkup. Every evening. It took about two hours. But they had time until then, and Roland was exhausted. That being the case, Romeo had every intention of making sure he got the rest he needed - regardless of whatever plans were made for the day. They could wait. His boyfriend's health could not. Wait... were they even Boyfriends? He was living in Roland's home, sure, but... He knew - from talking to the castle staff - that the man's father wasn't exactly keen on Roland's... well... gayness.

Whatever the case, whatever they were, Romeo was happy to have him home, and safe, and snuggled up against him. It was the perfect way to welcome him home. He would have turned around and kissed him, but he had a feeling the young man was already sawing logs, and didn't want to wake him. Long journeys tend to wear out even the most hardened of travelers... and from what Romeo knew of the boy - hardened, he was not.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/04/2016 2:03 PM

When he felt Romeo removing his shoes, Roland stirred. "Oh, you don't have to do that," he murmured. However, it was hard to tell whether or not his words had come out correctly, or as the unintelligible babbling of an exhausted man. Besides, by the time he had mustered enough energy to move even slightly, he had already been stripped of both his shoes and jacket. "Thank you," he mumbled, as he wrapped his arms around the other man, drawing Romeo back against his chest.

He wanted to say more. There was so much he had planned to say during the drive. 'I'm sorry for leaving you,' was something he had practiced saying dozens of times. It had torn him apart that he had been forced to leave before his guest had fully recovered. He had been so worried...especially considering how quickly he was falling. That was another thing he had wanted to tell Romeo.

But right now, he couldn't form the words, as the only thing he was currently falling into was a deep sleep.

Dr. Ethan Emerson

The doctor firmly tapped his knuckles against the door, twice in quick succession. Roland - who had partially woken a few minutes prior and was currently floating in a blissful state of half-consciousness - finally opened his eyes. Pressing a kiss to Romeo's shoulder, he reluctantly pulled away and sat up in bed. "You may enter," he called.

Ethan entered, pushing a cart of various medical supplies into the room. "Welcome back, Roland," he greeted the prince in a less formal manner than he had previously. "Romeo, are you ready for a check-up? I want to make sure those lungs and heart of yours are still doing better."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate