Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

X'ur's Haunted House (EVENT THREAD)

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 10/24/2009 1:53 AM

X’ur let out a tiny nervous whine, “O-okay don’t push or c-crowd or anything. H-hey! D-don’t bud in line! Y-you’ll all get a cha-chance... oh...” the bleeder was no good at crowd control, being so small. Zed would be furious with her if she did poorly and if Zed was furious, well, she’d rather be trampled to death then deal with his anger. Zed had gotten bored... again and he’d wanted to put on a big event for the Dumb-Dum-er, humans. X’ur knew he said he didn’t like them, but to go all out like this? Well, humans did say there was a fine line between love and hate, right?
Anyway he wanted to make two Haunted Houses but he couldn’t put his full attention on them at the same time. Zed also loved to pick on X’ur so... here she was, a small bleeder holding back a crowd.
She’d hoped that Zed would get more attention, seeing as he’d met humans before but... Well they obviously hadn’t like him much as they all seemed to be at her haunted house. It was a lot like Zeds but in a different locale. She wondered if the gods would be terribly upset that she was in their holy city advertising for such things as unhappy souls. Oh what if Zu’hai came down and... and punished her! Well she was more terrified of Zed and so she stuck it out in front of the haunted house.

There was an expansive front yard covered in all sorts of native flora, the only real colour to the place. It was like the Roraldi forest had invaded. There could be anything lurking in there, anything at all.

Past the yard was the house itself. A grand old building that had gone to ruin long ago. The once brilliantly coloured paint was faded and chipping; the wood was moulding and rotting away. The front steps groaned under foot and the hinges on the front door (and all doors after) creaked.

Creaking wood was not reserved just for the front steps. Every step left the house complaining as you go through. First the living room with lumpy, ghostly shapes under dusty furniture coverings. If you continued into the room there’s a door leading into a kitchen. No modern day appliances here, an old table with claw marks in the wood and mostly empty cupboards but who knows, it could we worth checking out. To the right of the living room is a staircase made of dark wood with carpet down the middle. It appears worn with use, perhaps in the houses hay days or, perhaps, still used by the ghosts?
Up the stairs is a long hall. Peeling wall paper and dusty, faded family photos are the only decor besides a small side table at the end of the hall holding a vase of dried flowers which appear eternally sad.
One chain hangs from the ceiling which, when pulled, opens stairs to the attic. Scuffling noises can be heard above your head.

The rooms down the hall are fairly simple. To the right are two doors to bedrooms, to the left are two doors, also for bedrooms. The two on the right are exactly the same except one is decorated for a young girl, maybe of age six. Porcelain dolls stare out from all corners of the room, all eyes on you and they seem to watch your every move. A canopy bed and dull once-pink frilly things decorate everything. A broken mirror shards litter the floor.

The little boys room is blue, everything is blue. The bed is a bunk bed (though the wood holding up the top bed has been chewed through by some bug, the whole thing looking ready to break). There are two dressers and on all the shelves there are dinosaurs;  plush ones that seem to be falling apart, plastic ones and even a few rusting metal ones.

The first door on the left appears to be a master bedroom and from the decor the mother seemed to have all the say in decorations. Dark woods and earthy tones, plus the smell of rotting wood lead the room to have an earthy feel. The flowers that had been growing by the window have thrived, trying to destroy the man made structure and make it the earth’s once more. The room is rather neat besides the strange, dark stain on the floor at the end of the bed.
At the far end of the hall on the left side is a den. This room is perhaps the spookiest place in the whole house (aside from the attic). Everywhere are stuffed animals, glass eyes starring at you the feeling is much like the unblinking stare of the dolls only here... here it’s worse. Once living the head of the gyrophant seems to ask for revenge for whoever put it here, and perhaps in a way it had gotten it seeing as the house was empty.
A large, heavy wood desk sits at the far end of the room with a bar behind it. Old alcohol from who knows what era sits untouched, an oily dust covering the labels.

At the very end of the hall is a bathroom with no toilet. The mirror here is also very broken. Many of the tiles are chipped, broken or missing entirely so watch your step. Strange redish stains mar the once white surface of the sink.

X’ur thought the house was pretty scary and didn’t want to use it but Zed had said it was perfect. Loving life enough not to want to fight him on it the matter had been settled. Now it was open house and all of Evelon seemed to be lined up outside.

Noticing that the bleeder was starring nervously off into the distance as she nervously rubbed her small hands together you clear your throat, hopping to bring her back to the real world. She jumps and you instantly feel sorry for scaring her. She waves it off, laughing nervously.
“P-please don’t dawdle. There are a lot more explorers and trainers and breeders who want to see inside too, okay?”
Feeling bad for scaring her you nod and give her (what you hope is) a warm smile. She blinks and returns it half-heartedly before returning to her worried, dazed state.

RULES

*Post only when a slot is open
*You have a total of FIVE (5) posts here. This is to keep people coming and going and to keep things fair
* You have TWO (2) days to complete the FIVE (5) posts. If you don’t I’ll just boot you
* Once you join one event thread and leave you CANNOT join the other until you've completed/been booted/what have you out of the first thread you join. You can only join each event thread once and that's it! Got it? Good.
*If you complain I will send Ein after you. You do not want Ein because he is low on cadavers and living cells at the moment
* You CANNOT join an event thread if you have not yet completed five posts in your most recent RP (as per Evelon rules). Do it and I will find you and baby shake you (and kick you out of the Event Thread).

COST

FREE

SLOTS

1. Owl (3)
2. Carlie (2)
3. Fallen_Snow (1)
4. AnimeTheia (1)
5. Rabid (2)

TOTAL PARTICIPANTS

AnimeTheia
Carlie
Cookie
Draiz
Fallen_Snow
Flame
Freezair
GrayGriffin
kabuto_rocks
Kyarra
Lady Erebos
Maelstrom
MillietheWarrior
Moofius
Owl
Rabid
Rushfeather
Shrewdberry
Tazzin
Thunder
zapdragon555
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Re: X'ur's Haunted House (EVENT THREAD)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 10/24/2009 2:06 AM

((-Bounces in- It was so hard to choose which thread to pick. X3))

Okay…So haunted houses had never been very fun for her. She was a giant weenie and really, just about anything freaked her out. But maybe she could give this a try. The floor creaked and groaned, and she had to jump back a few times to avoid running into something unexpected. The front steps creaked as she stepped up them, and she whistled a tune in her head to keep out thoughts of monsters and zombies popping out at her. Her ears fell back against her head as the sounds of scuffling could be heard from all around her. Maybe this was a bad idea. She stepped past the bleeder, careful not to startle her. She knew how bad a good fright could be.

As she stepped through the door, she heard the floors groan and creak beneath her slight weight. “Okay…remain calm. Nothings going to eat you. It’s all just a haunted house…there’s no such thing as monsters. No such thing as monsters…” She turned to glance at the bleeder. “Right?” Without waiting for a response, she stepped inside, and slowly, ever so slowly, made her way to the far end of the hall. She stepped inside the room and gasped, covering her face with her paws. “Oh goodness,” she squeaked, seeing the many faces of the dolls staring at her. “Well, they’re not re-” She turned to come face to face with the Gyrophant, and let out a shriek.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/24/2009 2:44 AM

Crystal bounced up to the haunted house, happy to have some entertainment. Nodding warmly to the Dreamsnare Bleeder, she skipped inside, barely noticing the creaking floorboards. "Wow...This place is awesome!" the tomboyish Kuhna said, looking around the living room. Only finding covered furniture, Crystal decided to check out the kitchen.

Without thinking, the young Sugardrop hopped over to the cabinates, and began looking around. She opened the first one, but only found dust and a few spiders. "Hey, little guy," she said cutely, holding her paw out for the Spider to crawl on; she had identified said spider as the common, harmless, household kind. She then completed her investigation by opening the rest of the cabinets, but they contained nothing. Suddenly whirrling around, she was shocked to see claw marks engraved into a wooden table. "Gosh, I wonder what made those!"

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Kyrit » 10/24/2009 2:49 AM

Really, the human form Fellox hadn't known at all what the crowd was gathered for. He had only stopped walking when he saw them all huddled up and had slowly inched his way toward the front in order to see what everyone was gawking at. It was... a house? He apparently hadn't heard the part about it being haunted. Maybe the flower distracted the poor boy. He did tend to get distracted rather easily after all. No to mention those flowers looked a lot better than the actual house. So colorful and lively. The house though seemed to be so... rickety. Seemed to be falling apart on all sides.

Finding himself shoved ahead by the crowd that was trying to get closer, Draiz almost fell on top of the small little creature that was hosting this event. He staggered and did end up falling, but landed in a kneeling position right next to the Bleeder. "S-Sorry about that." Don't dawdle...? Well... He didn't really know what was going on anyways. "A-Alright. Sorry again.. I'll try to be quick." He supposed the best way to figure out then would be to walk on in and figure out what this place was. Really, he would have liked to have stayed outside to ask the X'ur what was going on. It was better to be prepared after all.

Pushing himself to his feet again, the humanoid fellox continued toward the house with his tails flicking back and forth behind him. A pause was taken after he had taken his first step on to the stairs though. Would this house support people walking through it..? He had instantly felt it start giving out under him, which kept his pause short. Didn't want to end up falling through after all.

Once inside, Draiz's hand scratched the back of his head, slightly disrupting his long black hair. So... This was what all the fuss was about? A house that was really just falling apart..? Seriously, that was it? The creaking of the wood was harsh on his ears, and he was pretty sure that he'd be covered in dust and cobwebs by the time he left this place. Maybe there was something of interest deeper in though...?

Continuing on after a moment of taking in the living room, he found himself in the kitchen. One hand lightly ran over the top of the table, claws tracing the grooves that had been dug in by the claws of something else. No one had lived here in a long time obviously. He couldn't spot a single trace of life having been here recently, other than the few others from the crowd that had beat him here.

Sneezing, he could see a lot of dust stirring up around him. Sniffling, he rubbed his nose and blinked his eyes a few times. This didn't seem like it was going to be a good trip.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 10/24/2009 3:13 AM

(( Changed the rule. You get FIVE (5) posts in this thread with TWO (2) days to do it! Yah. ))

X'ur would have told the girl that the only thing worth fearing was Zed, and he was on another continent but the bleeder had not recieved the chance, letting the girl enter.

Grooooan reeeeeee.... GROAN!
Yah the floor did not seem happy about being used, things on the second floor scurried about and a mekkayena laugh could be heard somewhere in the house but, where exactly, could not be determined. And maybe it wasn't a mekka maybe it was... a mad scientist or a crazed killer? Oh, wait, that would be worse then a mekkayena, probably.

(( Erm... Rooms are upstairs, dolls are in the little girls room and the gyrophant head in in the study in the room on the opposite side of the hall... The house isn't that cramped to be turning around and being in an entirely different room. ))

---

The kitchen was pretty boring and non descript. As for the table the claws looked to be animal marks and... rather recent? No, that couldn't be right I mean... you know. Well at least they were small, right? Small little teeth mark covered the edges of the table and the legs but the mouth was smaller then most kuhna so whatever had been was not going to be too much of a threat.
Well, unless it did a sneak attack and, well, it wasn't around... Oh dear.

---

"Eek!" The bleeder flinched, trying to cover her head. She heard the sound of something falling and hoped Xai're would be kind to her soul.
"S-Sorry about that."
Opening one eye and realising she wasn't dead X'ur sighed, relieved, "I-it's fine. Ple-please be careful,"
Watching him nervously try to step on the wood and seeing him hesitate.
"I-it's safe... Well, that's wh-what-what Zed to-told me to... s-say... B-but I fe-fell through in the ki-kitchen a ... a litt-little. Su-supossedly th-there's a c-cellar but I couldn;t... fi-find how to get... in..."

Once inside the kitchen was disturbed and slightly occupied by a kuhna who was investigating the scars in the table. Near the sink was a small, bleeder-sized hole in the floor. Was there a cellar like X'ur had said? What was down there? OhmyXai'redidsomethingjustwinkatyou? Nah... No way... OhmyXai'reholdme!
Er, I mean... I'm sure it was nothing? Just your imagination.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flame » 10/24/2009 3:28 AM

A pair of eerie white orbs drifted across the ground, unnoticed by most of the crowd as they skirted along the fringes of the throng of people. If one had good enough vision, they could just make out the unlikely form of a young kuhna, apparently busy at trying to slip unnoticed through the bushes. The two strangely glowing spheres? They turned out to be a pair of spookily pupil-less eyes which stared out towards the house which towered forbodingly against the sky. The Fear Kuhna seemed to be quite the picture of Halloween himself, but although the mere sight of him struck terror into the hearts of those who came upon him, no one, other than himself, knew that in reality, he was more petrified than any of them. Hex was not one for scares, and despite his namesake and appearance, he was not a big fan of this particular holiday.

So, why was he here, of all places? It was certainly the very last place he wanted to be, but he had been told that the experience would be “good for him”, and that he’d be better off for overcoming his fears. How ironic it was, that this Fear Kuhna lived in greater terror of the outside world than his own appearance created. Nonetheless, he had made his way here to the haunted house he had heard of which had recently opened, in hopes of getting in and out quickly, and preferably not coming across anything too terrifying. He didn’t want to ponder the possibilities that could take place inside. Acting very nondescript, he managed to slip unnoticed through the crowd to the very front, and before he knew it, he had been ushered inside the towering front doors, and with a haunting, echoing thud, they swung shut behind him again, causing him to jump, his fur on end. This was all so cliché, but why did it still scare him so? He felt half ashamed of himself, and hoped that the others who had been let inside with him hadn’t noticed.

After taking a steadying breath, the padded through the living room adjacent to the dark entry hall which he first came upon. Okay…so a kitchen. Old, somewhat moldy, and almost completely devoid of items save for a battered-looking table with raking marks down its length. Seeing that the room was already occupied by another, and the fact that it seemed rather…unscary, Hex backtracked into the living room once more, noticing a staircase leading up to who-knows-where. He eyed it dubitably for a moment, wondering if it would collapse under even his slight weight, then decided to take the risk, inching up the creaking steps hesitantly. He breathed a soft sigh of relief when he finally reached the top, and glanced back down the way he had come, shuddering. Then, he took inventory of the dark, fathomless hall that stretched before him, steadying himself before padding forward again. Walking into the first room he came upon (the girl’s bedroom), he suddenly came face-to-face with countless eerie, fixed smiles which leered beadily down at him. A muffled shriek half-escaped his throat before he clamped down on it, his white eyes wide with terror. It turned out that they were just dolls though, but the eyes…they creeped him out. No matter where he turned in the room – almost cutting his feet on the shards of broken mirror – they followed him.
Flame
Well-Traveled Specialist
Well-Traveled Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 6127
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/24/2009 3:43 AM

At first Draiz hadn't noticed the other guest in the kitchen. Then again, it still didn't catch his attention much. What interested him much, much more was what the Bleeder had told him moments before he had slipped in to the crying house. A hole in the floor, huh? If someone of such small size could fall in to the floor, what would happen if someone his size, a full grown human of the male gender, were to walk in that area? Would they completely fall through then...?

His emerald eyes had fallen to rest upon the tiny hole in the floor, now forgetting all about the old table and the dust that had aggravated his delicate nose. At first he couldn't see anything at all. A cellar...? Surely not. Well... there did have to be something under the house if someone was able to fall through it. Even if it was just a few feet of air before hitting the dirt. If there was nothing at all there the wood would be resting on the ground and no one would be able to fall through it.

Whoa! What was that?! Blinking his eyes a few times once again, Draiz shook his head. No... there couldn't have been something down there looking at him... right? Definitely not something that would wink at him. Well... Maybe something could be down there? Maybe. If there was a cellar there would be enough for a live being to be down there. Still, if the Bleeder couldn't find the cellar, how did something else? There were no other signs of anything falling through the floor.

Inching closer to the hole where the much, much smaller creature had slightly fallen through the rotting floor, Draiz crouched down so that he could peer in to the hole. Oh man. It would suck if he fell through while trying to figure out what was going on. No to mention the pain it'd probably be. Hopefully he wouldn't land on something that was living if he did fall through...?

Trying to move as slowly and as carefully as he could just in case quick movements would put more of his weight in any one particular spot, the human form Fellox reached down to touch the hole in the floor, fingers running around it. "There's got to be something down there... Even if it isn't the cellar..." Something. Something living? Maybe the cellar was actually a prison of sorts! Or some lab for some wacko scientist! He had heard a faint laugh... Right, maybe he shouldn't think of that sort of thing.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 10/24/2009 3:49 AM

((Hehe, whoops. Must’ve misread the description. I coulda swore they were in the same room. XD Sorry 'bout that.))

Luna backed out of that strange place she’d walked into, and stepped back out into the main room. Another daring explorer passed by her, and she sneezed lightly at the dust he turned up. Turning in a circle, she decided she’d try and ascend the stairs. Maybe it was less scary up there…but then, it was a haunted house. She sincerely doubted it. Tentatively, she put her first paw on the first stair. It creaked dangerously beneath her weight, and she quickly pulled it back. Maybe the stairs weren’t safe…Or maybe, if she ran up them super fast, she’d be able to get up without incident. Taking a deep breath, Luna shot up the stairs as fast as she could, slipping on the worn wood and carpet as she went and nearly tumbling back down. Once at the top, she stared down at the main room with a sigh of relief; well, that was easy if not totally terrifying.

Turning, she decided she’d see what was down the hall. She peered through the doorways to each room, and shivered as she passed the girl and boy's room, hurrying to get away from them. Both were far too creepy for her taste. The master bedroom was passed as well, and the den was quickly skirted. She found herself at the end of the hall, staring at an old cracked vase full of dried flowers. “What now?” she murmured turning in a circle. The eyes of the peeling portraits on the walls stared out at her with chilling accuracy, following her every movement as she darted right and left to escape their gaze. The sound of scuffling came form above her and Luna jumped lightly, staring up at the ceiling. Dust and old plaster fell from the top, and she winced as it covered her light pink and blue fur. A chain hung form the ceiling and Luna wondered if it would lead her anywhere. Hesitantly, she gathered her back legs beneath her, muscles bunching as she gave a mighty leap.

Her teeth closed on the chain, and she fell back to the ground with a thump of two back feet. A staircase fell after her, creaking and groaning and covering her in another fine layer of dust. Luna immediately let go of the chain and coughed violently, clearing her throat of the debris that had been lodged there. She looked up into the attic, trying to peer into the darkness to see if anyone was there. “This is bad, this is bad. Don’t go in Luna, this is where the murderer jumps out and hacks you into tiny little pieces. Luna, don’t you do it…” But her paws were already carrying her up the creaking and protesting staircase as she hesitantly placed one foot in front of the other. With a shiver, she stepped up into the darkness, looking around with sharp, canine eyes. She was quite happy she could at least see a little well in the darkness. “Well, nothing's here I guess. Time to-” She was cut off by a loud bang, and she whirled around to see that the staircase had closed behind her. “Wait, wait! Don’t close!” She pounded on the wood where the staircase had been. “Let me out!”

The scuffling sounded again behind her, and Luna twirled around, tails flying and ears flat against her head. “Oh no, oh no, no, no! Murderers, chainsaws, hatchets…No Luna, don’t think of it. Agh! Zombies! Werewolves!" She covered her paws with her eyes, tails in the air as she cowered on the floor, shaking with the thought of what was lurking in the darkness. “H-hello? Please don’t be a crazy person…”

[2]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 10/24/2009 8:40 AM

Laranya was NOT happy. Not in the slightest. For one thing, there was this stupid holiday. Her adoptive family had nearly squealed with delight at the opportunity to dress her up; while they were human, she was a shapeshifting Paragon, which made the choice of costume more or less apparent to them.

Convincing her to cooperate, they had had her shift halfway, remaining mostly in human form, but with large, black angelic wings sprouting from her shoulderblades. Her skin retained a light purple tint as well, giving her an otherworldly appearance. With the long, silk gown they had dressed her in, along with the facial jewels decorating her cheeks and forehead, she truly did look like an angel from one of Evelon's many religions.

The second thing that made her unhappy was the crowd of people pushing her in a single direction. Laranya hated to be touched, and this was far too much contact for her. Her sharp green eyes flashed angrily as someone in a gorilla costume jostled her from the left, and she batted him to a safer distance with one feathered wing.

Finally, she seemed to be in the clear. Before her lay an enormous old house, and it seemed to be the focus of the crowd. She frowned. In full Paragon form, she could actually use these wings to fly away, but she didn't think her human form could take it. Besides, she didn't want to ruin the dress and make her family unhappy. Maybe there was a back door to this house, where she could escape from the crowd.

Completely ignoring the small bleeder, she continued onto the porch and through the door. She flinched a bit at the creaking noise, stepping carefully instead of stomping in anger as she felt like doing. Then she tried to find her way to the back door. But the house was tricky, and didn't seem to want her to leave. After wandering the twisting halls for a while, she found herself in a room filled with porcelain dolls. Laranya paused, curious inspite of herself.
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/24/2009 12:31 PM

Crystal shivered; not because there were claw marks in the table, but how deep they were. The Kuhna quickly slipped out of the kitchen, tails quivering. Soon enough, she found herself walking down a dark hallway, and nearly smaked her face on a dangling chain. Hearing faint squeaking sounds above her head, Crystal decided to hurry on.

The next room she came to was obviously a girls room. "Yuck..." she said when she saw the frilly once-pink things covering everything. She stepped foward, looking around the room at the dolls and such, when suddenly a sharp pain went through her. "Ow!" the Kuhna screamed, and quickly picked up her paw to examine it. A thin shard of glass was embedded in her paw pad. She hobbled out of the room, and into a different room: one with wood furnishings and an earthy smell. "This is more like it..." she sighed as she sat on the ground. She was just about to pull out the piece of glass when something caught her eye: a long, dark stain by the end of the bed. Crystal leaned foward to sniff it.

Blood. Crystal reeled back in surprise and shuddered violently. "C'mon now, Crystal, there's nothing to be scared of..." she whispered as she closed her eyes and yanked the piece of glass out of her foot. A worrying amount of blood followed, some of which was making new stains on the floor. The Kuhna licked her paw furiously, whimpering as pain shot through her with every tongue-stroke.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 10/24/2009 5:37 PM

The reflective glass of the mirror tinkled about as the fear kuhna moved. Luckily he escaped harming his paws. Something in the room giggled, finding whatever he was doing quite amsuing. Wait, wasn't it just him and the... dolls? Surely the dolls couldn't laugh I mean, that was rediculous! ... Right?

---

"I think the husband was either a butcher or a murderer, at least that's what I gather from all the blood down here." came the voice from the hole in the floor. The sound of paws walking around on something... not wood put tiles? Maybe linoleum? It was hard to tell just from the sound.
"Unfortunately the blood is too old for me to tell if it's human or pigs blood. Funnily enough both smell the same when cooked? Next time somebodies house catches fire and they're trapped inside just wait and smell, at some point their flesh will start to cook and you'll smell bacon."
Whoever was down there laughed, the sound hinting towards perhaps madness. That was always a good sign; not!

---

So, trapped in the attic with the skittery thing. Whatever was up there didn't say anything, it also didn't growl nor did it jump out and rip out the lucains throat. So far everything was kinda'... sorta' okay. The only problem was nothing was happening. Was he waiting for her to come to him? What was up here? Was it a zombie, a killer a... killer who'd become a zombie? Maybe it was just a ghost. Maybe it was an evil ghost looking to host a body, so many possibilites! All of them were rather sca-
"S-so...orry..." muttered a small, timid voice.
Then the empty silence again.

---

In the room with the dolls was a fear kuhna and a laugh. Seeing as the fear kuhna was obviously... fearful it seemed that the laugh belonged to somebody else in the room. Strangely enough there was no one else here and so the laugh seemed to emit from one of, or all of, the dolls. Well that wasn't unsettling in the least.
"Are you afraid of dolls? Really? A fear kuhna fearing dolls, hahaha, how stra-" the voice, which was high and sort of mechanical, paused, "A seraph? Here? Well that makes this all the more interesting."
Seemed that whatever it was had not yet realised that Laranya's costume was just that, a costume.

(( -presses Lady Erebos and Flame togehter to RP- >P< ))

---

As scary as the house was, Zed had to tweak them, just a little, to make them other wordly. Stuff had happened in both houses, there was no doubt, but there just weren't enough ghosts to really satisfy his need. So he'd... messed around with reality a bit. It wasn't anything big and easily reversible, anyway if Zu'hai had a problem with it he could get his butt down here and talk to Zed himself.
Right, so back to the main bedroom and the bloody splot and the vines slowly, silently making their way towards Crystal. Wait, what?

From the flower box on the window sill and the over grown plants there a few roots or stems (the light made it hard to tell) slithered there way towards Crystal, moving just out of her line of vision as they curled tightly around the kuhna's two tails. The moved loosely and languidly so as not to attract attention to themselves. Then, when secured around the tails the grip on the kanua's tails tightened to something very noticeable. It didn't matter now if she realized she was bound, she could exactly get away without losing her tails.
Then more vines made their way towards the kuhna in hopes of properly restraining her.

(( Sorry if these posts suck. xPx;; Trying to keep up with two exact same settings is harder then it looks? ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/24/2009 6:08 PM

Oh dear... Obviously poor Draiz had indeed found the source of the faint laughter that could be heard earlier. He hadn't really heard it well at first, considering he had just been coming in the house at the time. Now though... Well, now there was no way he could hear it. He had been leaning over the hole in the kitchen, and the voices were clearly coming from down there. Well, unless he was hearing things. He didn't normally hear things though, so he was pretty sure something was down there!

Whoever was down there... they had been talking about blood. Something about a butcher or a murderer... blood? Now that they mentioned it... he could catch a faint smell of blood. It was hard to smell though under all the dust and rotting wood. Maybe it wasn't fresh blood? That would also help explain as to why the scent was so hard to catch.

Either way, Draiz needed to make up his mind. Did he want to figure out who was talking and what they were? Or did he want to run out of the house with his tails tucked between his legs? Or maybe just explore a different part of the house. No... He wanted to find this cellar. Maybe he'd be able to tell the poor little Bleeder where it was then. Of course, depending on what exactly he ended up finding when he did find the cellar, Draiz might have to tell the little one that it's no place for anyone to go. In fact, depending on what he found would tell if he even made it out of this building alive..

"Well... Whatever it is must not know too much about this house either. After all, they seem to be studying whatever is down there.." His voice was just a whispering, since he was just trying to figure out what to do. Maybe he could call out to the creature and ask it what was going on...? Actually... He had an idea that would allow him to see a bit better.

Placing his hand over the tiny hole in the floor, a tiny flame of a bright green color formed in his hand. It was in turn dropped down the hole before it expanded slightly, meaning to light up at least a small area around it. The fire wouldn't burn anything it touched, but if touched it would feel slightly warm. After releasing this little flame, Draiz leaned down with one eye closer to the hole in hopes of catching a glimpse of whatever was doing the talking.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flame » 10/24/2009 6:15 PM

At this point, Hex was doing what looked like a funny, jerky kind of dance, trying to avoid the creepy gazes of the dolls that followed him all around the room while keeping his paws clear of all the tiny, glimmering shards of glass on the floor. Suddenly, a chill ran down his spine and he froze in place, his eyes as wide as dinner plates as terror seized him. Was that…laughter, he could hear? The fur all along the length of his body had stood on end, giving him a ridiculously puffed-up look. His tails quivered fearfully as his eyes swept the room, searching for the source of the sound, only to find that he was still alone. Alone, save for the dolls. But…porcelain figures couldn’t speak, much less laugh…could they? If he had been scared before, he was petrified now. A small part in his head gave him a mental smack though: How could inanimate objects possibly be alive? Be sensible, he scolded himself. Someone probably just put a speaker behind the rows of staring eyes…that’s all. As if just to prove it to himself, he gathered up his scraps of courage and hopped up onto the first shelf closest to him which housed a row of the dolls, and peeked over and around them, in an attempt to convince himself that it was just his own fear getting to him.

Just as he turned back to check the other side of the room, a hulking figure swept into the doorway out of nowhere, huge black wings sprouting from its back. Ghost!!! With a muffled scream, Hex promptly fell off of the shelf, and only his catlike agility managed to help him right himself in mid-air and land on all fours…right onto the shards of broken mirror. Scrambling towards the far side of the room, he managed to knock several of the dolls over in his blundering hurry, turning only when he had nowhere left to go. A voice in the room spoke out mockingly, and he jumped again, bumping into more dolls. Given a moment to more closely inspect the newcomer, he realized that she wasn’t actually a reincarnation of the dead, but merely another explorer, like himself. Abashed, but still high on his fear-induced adrenaline, he swished his tails in nervous apology, looking up at the young woman. ”S-sorry,” he mumbled, still looking terrified. ”Mistook you for a ghost, or something of the sort.” His fur still stood completely on end, now looking quite disheveled as well, flecked with bits of glass and dirt from the floor. His ears were still straining to catch any other unusual sound that might sneak up on him again, his frayed nerves nearly at their end.
Flame
Well-Traveled Specialist
Well-Traveled Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 6127
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 10/24/2009 6:28 PM

Luna blinked large, turquoise eyes. Something just talked. Something just talked in the darkness! Her heart thumped loudly in her ears, and she turned her head side to side to try and discern the location of the voice. So far, nothing had jumped out and tried to eat/kill/murder her, so she figured it was relatively safe…for now. She felt a shiver run down her spine, and stepped a little deeper into the darkness. “Sorry?” she asked curiously, voice trembling slightly.

“W-what are you sorry for? Are…are you a ghost?” Her fur stood on end at the thought of that possibility. She hoped whatever it was, it wasn't a zombie, a ghost, or any other strange assorted creatures...Unless it didn't want to eat/kill/murder her. “A-are you stuck up here too? Can you help me?” She looked around, eyes bright in the darkness. “Where are you? I can’t see you…I-I won’t hurt you, if you…If you can promise to do the same.” Her tails swished nervously, ears flat against her head as she peered through the shadows. “Please come out…I don’t like being alone…”

[3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 10/24/2009 6:50 PM

(( Okay so common sense? Not so common. Added a new rule that is basically "Finish off your first five posts in your previous RP before joining the Event Thread". Regular Evelon rules are to be followed, got it? ))

The light lit up to great paws and a bit of metal before those same paws latched onto the boys arm and pulled him down. The weight of a man, plus whatever large creature was pulling him down plus the force the boy would place on the floor in an attempt to get away (unless he really was keen on going down there) was enough to make the hole in the floor grow from bleeder sized to man sized.

"Sorry about ripping your arm up a bt there," the mekka said, laughing. It was only then that the pain in Draiz's arm becaming apparent. Deep cuts in his fore arm and wrist from the mekka's claws. The beast supposedly created by Xai're himself flapped a bloody paw at the boy.
"No thumbs and all. So, hey, what do you think? Butcher or killer? From the secrecy I'm thinking killer... Unless his wife REALLY didn't like butchers, hahaha."

(( What, no picture of the mekka? << >> <<;; ))

---

This display of pure fear had the... whatever it was laughing and laughing hard, "You, my friend, must be a pure bred scaredy cat! AH HAHAHAHA! Seraph, are you this things guardian or something? Really I feel bad for it."
Dolls such as these did not take being knocked over well, faces, arms and legs breaking when they hit the floor. A dark shadow crept along the floor, picking up the pieces of the dolls.
"Strange little things. A form of immortalizing the innocence of children and yet they are something that make most visitors jump." said the black that moved about the floor.

---

"So.... so...rry for shutting the....... stairs?" The voice said, sounding apologetic, maybe a bit frightened and a bit... slow.
"Death would be.... better then.... this," well whatever it was it was obvious now that it was at least emo. Most emos inflicted harm on themselves, not others so that was good.... Well not for the emo.
"I didn't want to be... found... Not stuck... I just... Felt lonely... Sosorry... Ah... Don't come too... I don't want to be.... I mean I'm not very... Good looking........"
There was a shuffling sound as whatever it was retreated further into the attics darkness.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Next