Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

~The choices that we make~ (Atoli01 and I)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/21/2012 5:52 PM

Crawford looked at his polished trophy collection, and sighed with pleasure. He hadn't actually won any of them, but it's amazing what money could buy. And Crawford had money. He was no miser, but he had inherited a very sizeable sum from one of his deceased relatives, and he also received an allowance every month from his parents. He lived a very comfortable life in his mansion in Aldrecht, overlooking the sea. Sure, he'd had to buy several properties and demolish them to ensure he had an uninterrupted ocean view, but what did that matter?

He strode pompously to the kitchen, and ordered the cook to make him a three-course meal in 15 minutes. The cook grumbled, but rushed to do as bid. Once his food was ready, Crawford demanded to have it taken up to the observatory by a maid, whilst he went and got someone to make him a cocktail.

In the observatory, it was warm, and dark in the half light of dusk. Crawford lit an old-fashioned oil lamp, and enjoyed his meal, reading a book as he went. Once his meal was finished, he had a maid run a bath for him (which he complained was too hot), and got ready for bed. As he turned out the light, he felt satisfied in himself. He was rich, the world was his, and the world was right...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2186
Donate

Re: ~The choices that we make~ (Atoli01 and I)

Postby Atoli01 » 04/21/2012 8:21 PM

The excitement of the hunt, the smell of the night... I sighed dreamily as I sat in the windowsill. Just a little while longer and I would be able to do just what I was best at, what made the poor happy and kids crowd around me. I found it almost funny that the cops didn't even know it was me. They were stupid though. What more could be said? I hopped off of the windowsill and paced over to the mirror in the far side of my room, looking over myself one more time before I went out.

My shoulder-length blonde--almost white--hair fell around my face, bringing out my bright yellow eyes. My black crop top, short shorts and knee-high socks were a stark, though pleasant contrast to my pale skin. And with the white and black swirled masquerade mask I put on, my look was complete. I slipped on my small black heels before I was at the door of Luka's room.

"Luka, I'm going out for the night. I'll see you later, okay?" I said through the door. She was probably just about asleep by now, I realized. "Wait," I heard her say, and so I did. She opened the door several seconds later and handed me a cloth bag. "You can take more stuff with you if you have that." I took the cloth bag and looked her over with a smile. Flowing turquoise hair accompanied by pale skin and blue eyes, along with a matching blue laced nightgown. She was a bit taller than me--though I was short for my age--so I always had to look up at her. But I didn't particularly mind.

"Thanks, Luka," I told her before I slung the bag around my shoulders. I said goodnight to her and made my way out of the house and to my new destination. I ran through the streets, earning several odd looks from people who had no clue who I was. But the rich area was on the opposite side of town and there was no time to waste. My main obstacle once I got there however was trying to locate a bountiful house. Sure, all of them were, but hitting the same house twice wasn't my most favorite thing to do...

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/21/2012 8:37 PM

Crawford couldn't sleep. His moneybear (teddy stuffed with gold coins) wasn't as soft as it used to be, and his back was starting to hurt. Sleeping on a solid-gold bedstead probbably wasn't good for you. He sat up and stretched, and decided to go to the bathroom.

Once he returned, he tossed and turned for about an hour before getting annoyed with himself. Why couldn't he sleep? He had nothing on his mind, his meal had been balanced, and he hadn't had any caffeine... He finally gave up, and, sighing, stood up and stretched. The trophy room always made him feel more relaxed, and he headed there now. He liked to sit there and look at the solid gold and silver rewards that his father had bought him, which had been won by other people. He liked to imagine what it was like to be them, and win a trophy through personal achievement.

Not that he thought there was anything wrong with buying what you wanted, of course, but sometimes he enjoyed it. Those kind of dreams, where he was the best, and the richest, and everything was his for the taking... yeah, those were his kind of dreams.

There was a small bed in the trophy room, made out of a massive beanbag with an extremely deep dip in the middle. Crawford had brought his quilt and moneybear, and he snuggled into the beanbag, as his daydreams of success and grandeur carried him off to sleep...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/22/2012 6:49 PM

After several minutes of aimlessly--and unsuspiciously as possible--wandering, I spotted a mansion towards the outskirts of the district. There was no house in this area that looked poor at all, but in all honesty, I was pretty shocked that the place didn't catch my attention even earlier than it did. Definitely looked like the place had a good bounty, I thought in my head with a slight grin. To think of all the people that I would get to feed as soon as I got done with this job! I allowed my pure white wings to unfurl slightly before making my way towards the grand abode.

I took the back way around the place so as to not attract any attention to myself. After all, a good thief certainly didn't just walk up to the front door and ask the homeowners, 'Can I sneak into your house and take any valuable thing that you have?' So after looping around the back of the house, I noticed the large amount of vines climbing up one side of the building. It gave the place a pleasant, refined feel, though it was a thief's best friend. I adeptly scaled up the side of the building and nudged open the window of the second floor. My eyes lit up with glee as I spotted shelf after shelf of expensive looking trophies. I was suddenly very grateful for that bag that Luka had made for me. I swiped several trophies which appeared to be made out of gold--I couldn't be certain due to the poor light--and placed each one into my bag silently. Just imagine what all of these things could go for!

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/19/2012 8:27 PM

Crawford stirred, then stiffened. He had been woken by a minute noise, a slight disturbance in the air... he opened one eye a slit, very cautiously, and looked around. There was moonlight coming in through the open window - that he distinctly remembered closing - and the quiet sound of metal objects clunking together, muffled by fabric, echoed quietly through the room. Thieves! he thought; How DARE they try to steal from me! Do they not know who I am! Slowly, silently, he got up, and moved towards the window unseen, until he was right by it, and then SLAM! Crawford shut the window, and jumped to the light switch. "Ah HAH! caught you in the act! I'll make you pay for this! I'll sue you of every penny you have!" The whole scene was illuminated; the trophies in the bag, the empty spaces on the shelves, the girl with the white wings holding the- wait, girl with white wings? Well, whoever she was, she wasn't going to get away with this!

"You'd better have a very good explanation for this, otherwise you're going to jail for good." He said to the girl, puffing out his chest pompously. How dare she invade his space and try to steal his things!

Last bumped by ToxxicRenegadeAngel on 06/19/2012 8:27 PM.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate