Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

Higher Theft

Postby Indigo » 04/30/2009 12:04 PM

ImageImage

Aldrect, the holy city. An amazing destination, and probably good for tourism too. However, the Glacial Fenling and the Organic Leebra watching the street were not interested in such things. They were more interested in where their recruits were.

"Where is everyone? We won't have to do this alone, will we?" Kei perched on the stone steps, tails lashing nervously. Unlike most Fenlings, she had very limited Foresight, which only worked erratically.

"They ought to be here soon," Locke purred calmly, leaning back against a pillar. The pair were standing outside the Library, one of several. This Library, however, had a capital L, for no apparent reason. It was closed at the moment because of the early hour, giving Locke and Kei a place to loiter without looking suspicious.

{1-1}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: Higher Theft

Postby Jetfire » 04/30/2009 4:38 PM

Image Venom

"Okay,I'm here.Sorry if I'm late,I tend to do that.Okay,hey,were is everybody?"Venom asked.He looked around and saw no one.He and the other two were the only ones here.
Here I lie
Among the rot, and the decay
The ashes and remains of an old life
My mind seems to stay
Though my body is dead and gone,
I ask you now this simple question
Will I forever linger on?
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Firenzata » 04/30/2009 4:54 PM

Sly had been waiting for this time for months. Now, she could finally have some fun of her own. And besides, it took her long enough just to get here, so she deserved to have her fun's worth. While she waited out in the city for two days, she thought about what kind of trouble she would be getting in when she returned home; she wasnt allowed to sneak out like that, obviously.

Sighing, she looked up at the streetlights, which displayed a small sign telling her which street she was on. Almost there. Just around this corner and.....there. She finally made it. She looked around, looking for the two running this heist, until she spotted the familiar Fenling....Kei was her name? Anyway, she continued to walk along the sidewalk, standing within three feet of Kei and this other Fenling and the Leebra, Locke, before sitting down and merely saying, "Hey, whats up? Ready when you guys are.....wait, we're still waiting for people? Wow, I guess they're just running late, how convienent..."

[18]
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ImageImageImage

^ Click please! I'd greatly appreciate it!
Firenzata
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1695
Donate

Postby Indigo » 04/30/2009 5:15 PM

Locke smiled and pulled a list out of his messenger bag, crossing off Sly and Venom. "Glad you decided to join us," he purred smoothly. "The other two ought to be arriving soon." Locke was always patient. He could have waited for a year outside the Library, except that the jewels would probably have been moved by then.

Kei, on the other hand, couldn't sit still for more than a minute. She was his friend, and she was good with a lockpick, but she wasn't the best at long-term missions. Which was part of why they needed help. Still, had anyone suggested he replace her, he would--

Well, no, he could go to jail for that. He couldn't hide evidence of that sort of thing. He and Kei were strictly thieves.

Kei paced nervously. "I hope the others arrive soon. I couldn't stand it if this failed," she mumbled.

{2-2}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 04/30/2009 5:21 PM

"Can you imagine the look on there faces when they see the diamonds(plural or singular diamonds)are missing!This will be fun,especially if we have to fight guards!"Venom started running in circles,pretending to kick invisible foes.He was the hyper type.He had a major case of ADD(attention deficit disorder,I have it).Venom tripped in front of the others,got up,and continued running.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 04/30/2009 5:51 PM

(If it seems like I'm focusing more on Locke, that's because his personality is better developed.)

"Er...yes," Kei said hesitantly. She wasn't good at conversation at the best of times, although she could play a character in a pinch, and she wasn't used to other Fenlings. She was about to say something else, but Locke caught her eye and gave an almost imperceptible shake of his head. Now was not the time.

"In truth, we rarely come up against guards," Locke purred.  "In this business it pays to be discreet. It may take them a while to discover our scheme, but I agree. Once they do, it will be very...entertaining."

The real purpose of most of what they did was simply to shove society back in its own face, Locke reflected. This sort of thinking often brought to mind the Chaos Ferrikoon Moist von Lipwig, who lived near their warehouse. Moist was odd. He seemed to want to do anything to be like his namesake, but he didn't think like Locke and Kei did. He'd been caught.

Locke shook his head. Thinking of Moist wasn't helping his concentration.

{3-3}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 04/30/2009 5:59 PM

"Yeah,a life in jail probably isn't a walk in the park.If guards do come after me,they'll never catch me though.What are the guards anyway,humans?Maybe there battlehearts!"said Venom,obviously pumped about the mission.He thought to himself"Okay Venom,calm down.You don't want to be caught."and tried to stay calm but one of his tails wander closer to him and started chasing it."When are the others going to get here,I cant wait much longer."he asked.He wanted to get started soon,he still had plenty of energy to burn.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby JoseJalepenoOnAStick » 04/30/2009 6:31 PM

Jadros walked through the street, he was twirling a medium-sized bag around with his tail. Everything so far was silent except for his headphones which seemed to be playing very loud techo music. He was supposed to meet some others for some "Mission".

After a while, he finally reached two fenlings, a leebra. He shook his head knocking the headphones down so he could hear them if they talked, but left the music playing so he could hear. "Hey...Sorry if I'm late I guess...", he said."Are we going to start yet..?", he said putting the bag down with his tail.
JoseJalepenoOnAStick
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 119
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 04/30/2009 6:35 PM

"Sly,me,Kei,Locke,Jadros,thats everybody,isn't it?"asked Venom,whom finally calmed down.He sat there panting like a dog that took a 15 mile hike.He had plenty of energy,but a high metabolism.He ate a lot at home.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Feint » 04/30/2009 6:42 PM

"I'm heeeere!"

An imperial ferrikoon flew around the corner about three feet above the ground. She had picked that height from years of careful observation on which flying height seemed to trip people the most. Four or so people, her unlucky victims, yowled at her from their place on the cement. That was the most they could do before righting themselves and limping on their way. She was way too fast for them to hope of catching. Impy rolled in midair and landed nicely on her hind legs in front of her employers. She saluted them with her left paw and rolled backwards to a less awkward distance. "I'm here, I'm here, I'm here I'm here," she sang to herself, and accompanied the tune with a little dance. She bounced from one foot to the next, and moved her paws to the rhythm. When she was done with that, she glanced around at the other accomplices. "We're all here, right?" she asked, suddenly more serious. "Is anyone missing?" she asked loudly, glancing at each face to make sure she had their attention. "No? Good! We'll be on our way then, yes?" she said to Kei, who looked more willing to leave soon.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Indigo » 04/30/2009 7:01 PM

"Everyone's here, Locke," Kei said. "We can go now, right?"

Locke pulled out his list and crossed off the last two. "Let us go," he purred. "We ought to wait until nightfall, really, but there is not enough time for that. We need to find Market Street. There must be one somewhere here; Toggle told me of it." Toggle was a Sygriff, the third member of their team. He stored entire maps in his head, very helpful when they were planning their heists, and he was good with numbers. "Does anyone know where it might be?"

{4-4}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 04/30/2009 7:23 PM

"No, but I can find it for ya," Impy said, a little too soon. She was excited, and eager to be useful. It wasn't every day that one's caretaker allowed you to go on a heist. "Real simple," she went on, "I fly up, take a look around, and off we go. Sound good?" she asked, and looked at everyone's face for approval. "Sound good?" she repeated. A feeling started in her gut, and she realized that someone there might've known where the street was without having to check. She hoped no one did, for she was impatient to prove her worth.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firenzata » 04/30/2009 7:52 PM

So, now they were ready to go. This was going to be very intresting, she had never pulled off a heist before! Sure, she had swiped a few things here and there, but nothing as major as this! Her pelt bristled as she thought of what she was getting into. Her anxiety level rose with every second, and she couldn't help but to let her tails swish around in the air. She smiled as everyone gathered and prepared to leave. Sly smiled and stood up, ready to leave or do as she was ordered to at any given moment; the anxiety was making her restless. The last thing to do was figure out where Market Street was, and the Ferrikoon, Impy, was already on it. Sighing, she tried to let her muscles relax and loosen up while waiting for their next step to unfold for them, or until they were told of their next step.

[19]
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ImageImageImage

^ Click please! I'd greatly appreciate it!
Firenzata
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1695
Donate

Postby Indigo » 04/30/2009 7:59 PM

Locke inclined his head. "That would be very helpful, Impy," he purred. "After finding Market Street it will be a simple matter of locating a white marble building, as long as there are not many here. Did you bring your lockpicks, Kei?" He stepped away from the pillar in preparation.

"Got 'em right here," Kei replied, pulling several bent pins and a sharp object out of her belt pouch. "Oops. Er, um..." She quickly stuffed the sharp object into another pocket and put the lockpicks away. Locke looked at her curiously but said nothing.

{5-5: Level up and we haven't even started yet! XD}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 04/30/2009 8:37 PM

Impy saluted again, this time properly with the right paw. "Yessir!" she barked, and did a vertical dive into the air. The wind was lacking, so she very nearly plummeted right back down. She had to carefully alternate her wingflaps to create an updraft and save herself. Impy hurriedly flew away, hoping no one had noticed her mishap. "Market Street, Market Street," she murmured under her breath as a distraction. She passed different signs, but none were what she was hunting for. She glanced back toward her group and decided she was too far. Impy braked midair and practically twisted over herself like a slinky to change directions. "Market Street, Market Street, Market Street," she whispered impatiently. Nothing nothing nothing. "Aha!" she cackled, and pulled into a hover. A large peach stand became her landmark. She'd found Market Street, and in less than five minutes! Impy landed on all fours near her group and stood on her toes to announce her findings. "Hardly a far walk from here. I think I saw a large building on the westerly side, but I can't be shoe. I mean, sure! I can't be sure," she said, and giggled behind her paws.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Next