These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: Bird Song [p, Zap] [M: L]

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/18/2016 3:06 AM

Finnian was a little surprised at Russ' comments on his ability as a host, a foreign fluttering feeling alighting in his chest. It wasn't quite movement--it was more of an echo of some past feeling of elation that he couldn't place or explain, and he was left mulling over the feeling, one hand on his chest as he stared at the floor, shoulders tense but mind distracted.

Aonbharr smiled a sickly sort of smirk at Russ, eyes lidded with something like sympathy. "Well, I'm very glad you've recovered so well. I suppose you're right. If you're certain you don't need any help... The tall man trailed off as Russ continued, eyes barely squinting, through the smile remained fixed on his face. His gaze slid over to Finnian, who was wearing a soft, lopsided little smile on his face and holding his chest, looking at a corner of the empty hearth, clearly lost in thought. "I... certainly don't see why not," he murmured slowly. Aonbharr stepped a little closer and reached out a hand, lightly touching Finnian on the shoulder. The boy suddenly went rigid with a shudder that didn't quite look natural at all, startled out of his reverie and making a quiet inhalation of surprise in response. "Finnian? Would you accompany our guest to point him to the lake?"

Finnian stared wide-eyed at Aonbharr for a few moments, lips parted in surprise, and they slowly shut, eyes lidding softly as the grip on his shoulder tightened. "Yes..." he said, the sound almost lost even in the silent house, and the grip immediately loosened with a light, friendly pat to the shoulder as Finnian sagged slightly. Aonbharr moved towards the kitchen, giving the two a path to the door, and Finnian began walking, not pausing to look at Russ on his way to the outside.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 02/18/2016 10:11 AM

Although not looking forward to what awaited him back at the university, Russ was suddenly eager to get back. He needed to speak to Lapin, who, no doubt would not be in a mood to speak with him civilly, but nonetheless. There was something wrong here, and admittedly while Russ had sacrificed the vast majority of his magical ability in exchange for his health, it didn't mean he was useless. Russ knew when something supernatural was going on, he could feel it. He just couldn't quite work out what it was, damn it. He was concerned for the absent-minded young man who'd rescued him, and not just out of gratitude.

Finnian walked out past him, for a moment leaving Aonbharr and Russell alone in the house. "Thank you for your hospitality." Russ said as his host moved towards the kitchen, his expression strangely serious. "Goodbye."

Outside the day was bright, and light was filtering down through the leaves. Russ felt a little more relaxed now that he was outside of the cabin. He turned to face Finnian, gently tapping him on the shoulder to get his attention. "Finnian?" he asked. "Can you make it to the other side of the lake for about six tomorrow night? I just figured your... uhm," Uncle? Guardian? Something else? "Isn't keen on strangers." Russ wasn't sure why he was making concrete plans to see Finnian again, especially when he knew that Aonbharr wouldn't approve, but he was nice, if a little mysterious. Finnian clearly didn't get a lot of company. "I'll walk the long way around, I won't go past the cabin."

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/18/2016 9:31 PM

Finnian's plodding pace barely slowed as he moved away from the cabin, not reacting as Russ walked up beside him. The tap on his shoulder did startle him slightly, a little twitch making him stop in his tracks to blink at the space ahead of him. It didn't really look like he was listening, in all honesty. The pale grey of his eyes was locked solidly on the path ahead, until Russ finished speaking, and the path of his eyes seemed to drag his head around to face Russ.

"You shouldn't come back here," he said softly, a dull kind of monotone to his voice. His feet suddenly moved again, continuing to carry him further and further from the cabin, almost against his own volition. "You should leave, and go back to that university of yours. Visitors aren't welcome." His voice seemed to get smaller and smaller as he went, a kind of weight dragging on his posture and the life in his voice that had been so apparent back in the cabin when Russ had first woken up.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mousen » 02/18/2016 9:49 PM

Russ at first was a little hurt by the rejection and found himself biting back a retort. This was no time to be acting like his roommate. There was a feeling of something unsettling creeping over his bones. Against his will almost, he felt power too. If he wasn't caught by this damn situation it would be so easy to work out what was going on with magic. He'd be able to pick up the faint traces of glamour, or a curse, maybe. Of course, it could be wrong, and it could be that Finnian didn't like him. Was his ego really so fragile that he couldn't take rejection? (As far as Russ had known he hadn't even been asking the guy out! He hadn't been asking the guy out, right?)

No. No. That didn't sound like Finnian at all. He barely knew the boy, but that phrasing sound much more like the guardian than the boy. "Right. Right. Of course." Russel said, keeping his tone of voice neutral. He kept walking, hoping that Finnian would follow. He could see the lake now, but it'd give him some more time to figure out this strangeness. Russ could always bring Lapin back here. That would solve the issue. Then again, it might open up a Pandora's Box of problems and Russ wasn't so keen on having to clear up all of the mess. Knowing Lapin that mess would involve corpses. "Are you alright, Finnian? You seem a little bit... spaced out."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/18/2016 11:03 PM

Finnian did continue to walk. His path seemed fixed, locked in place beside Russ, though his eyes were on the lake. He seemed drawn to it but hesitant, like two magnets pulling in different directions--one inside of Russ and the other at the bottom of that lake. His steps grew slower, more plodding, as time went on, the energy seeming to drain out of him. "Don't worry about me," he said without a lick of true assurance, or really much of any feeling at all. "Please..."

Suddenly, he ratcheted to a stop, eyes flickering with something odd, and he looked up at Russ. The light outside seemed to make his eyes bluer than they were--or perhaps that came from something else entirely. It was difficult to say. Finnian seemed to struggle internally, his lips trying to form words that just weren't there, fingers twitching at his sides a minuscule amount.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/18/2016 11:22 PM

Right. That was it. He'd made his decision, and he didn't care what Aonbharr, Lapin, Asa or any of them had to say about it. Nor, at that precise moment did he care how much trouble it got him into. He brushed his chestnut hair out his eyes. It was kinda ratty after his few days in Finnian's cabin. If need be, he'd just work himself into an early grave. Lapin could always pull him out again. It'd be fine, sure. Yeah. Fine.

"Look," Russ said, knowing as he began he was walking a very fine line. "I'm out of my depth here, but you helped me. Don't I owe it to you to make sure you're okay? I'm sure you did your fair share of worrying too. Now, I'm not going to intrude or overstay my unwelcome, but..." He didn't want to stalk to the boy, either. It wasn't Russ's intention to be where Finnian didn't want him to be. "Regardless of whether or not you're there. I'm going to take a walk tomorrow night, down on the other side of the lake. Probably around six. If so happen to be taking a walk there too, well, it's only polite to say hello."

Russel turned to leave. "And with any luck, I'll look less like a dead rat."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/21/2016 1:30 AM

Finnian twitched slightly at the first word out of Russ' mouth, jerking to a full stop from the slightly dragging pace he'd taken on. His grey eyes seemed to flicker, dulling, losing their blue light for a moment as he stared at the other's face. Russ' hair was so messy... no doubt from being asleep for days. He focused on this, trying to regain control of his thoughts and mouth. The other side of the lake... tomorrow... Ah, Russ was leaving, and Finnian wasn't saying anything. A little shudder passed through his stiffened spine, and all at once, life seemed to rush back into him.

"R-Russel!" The name blurted out of him as a hand shot out towards the other boy, a myriad of emotions fluttering across his face--happiness that he'd be able to see Russ again, fear that he was offended, discomfort in realizing that he must have just been acting strange and shame in doing so--even if it was out of his control. Above all else, though, Finnian seemed a little more himself, now. "I... I-I'll be there," he whispered, as though someone could hear them way out here.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/23/2016 4:53 PM

(This post might be a little long.)

Russ has taken a few paces by the time Finnian had replied. He turned around to face the boy, his expression softening. "Okay, I'll see you." He kept his voice quiet, a little way above Finnian's whisper and gave a little wave. Tomorrow when he went out to meet Finnian he might be able to speak him more frankly.

He walked past the lake, taking the winding path through the woods until the dirt path was crossed by a wooden gate. The latch made a metallic clang as it swung back. Past it, there was a small meadow, if you would even call it that. It was a stretch of land not owned by anyone in particular, with tall grasses that swayed this way and that in the wind. It was next to the church, and there was a consistent rumor that this part of land has been the potter's field, where those not fit to be buried in the churchyard ended up. Russ had no idea if the rumors were true, and frankly, didn't care either way. Once he'd gotten to the church, he stopped to brush himself down, and run his hands through his hair. Without anything to check his reflection in, he really couldn't see if he'd made a difference, but with his crumpled shirt and mud on his boots, he couldn't imagine it had. It didn't really matter, since from the church it was only a few minutes walk to the university, and then across to where there were a few streets of tall, genteel houses, that seemed to have fallen into something of a decline in recent years.

Rather than knocking, Russell went for his keys. Luckily, they were still in his pockets. He walked through the narrow hallway into the sitting room. There were two figures there, one with dark hair and rings under his eyes who got to his feet the minute Russ entered the room. The second was unusually tall, and there was something wrong, or strange about him. Impossible to place but undeniably there. As Russ entered the room, his previously severe expression turned into one of surprise.

Asa (the dark-haired one) rushed over to him,  sweeping him up into a hug before holding him at arms length,  as if trying to discern what damage had been done. "Russ! Russ, what happened? Where the hell were you? We've been looking everywhere! The police were involved! Fucking hell, they were going to dredge the rivers. W-"

"Let the boy breathe, Asa. He looks all right to me." Lapin said, although his expression seemed to betray his concern.

"Sorry. I'm fine, really. I didn't mean to vanish. I...  Well, I wandered down by the lake and I ended up blacking out. An artist who goes down there to paint found me and helped me out."

"And in those three days, you couldn't have found a way to contact us?" Asa said, his typical sharpness creeping back into his voice. "It's not like we assumed you'd died or anything."

Russell faltered, not having the heart to tell Asa how long he'd been unconscious for. "I've only been up and around from this morning. I didn't think you'd worry so much. I returned as soon as I could."

"Did you hit your head when you fell? Of course we worried about you! Oh my God, you dimwit." Asa still hadn't let go of Russell. "If you do this again, we needn't worry about looking for a body, because I'm going to murder you myself."

Russ rolled his eyes. "I love you too." Asa scoffed.

"You look terrible," he said.

Lapin gave a soft cough. They both turned to face him. "If you don't mind so terribly Asa, would you go inform everyone that we've found him? Pop by the police station first, and then send a telegram to his parents."

Asa nodded, grabbing his coat from the arm of the sofa. "I want to talk to you," he said giving Russ a stern look as he looked. "Try not to go missing in the mean time, would you?" Russell nodded, and a few moments later, the door slammed behind Asa.

"I wish he wouldn't do that. Slamming the door isn't any quicker." Lapin said, casting a look after him.

Three days ago when he'd begin to black out, Russell knew this conversation had been coming, but that didn't mean he had to like it. He sat down, with a sigh. "What did you do?"

Surprisingly, Lapin looked a little guilty. It was an odd expression on him, Lapin was shockingly pale, with white hair, and eyes almost closer to red than pink. He wore a pair of round, black-framed glasses. He looked too otherworldly, too much like a ghost to be sheepish. "My fault. I noticed you were using magic, more than you have in years. You were definitely going to trigger something." He turned towards Russell, who didn't look impressed. "So, I... May have overreacted in my haste to ensure your safety. I didn't know how ill you were going to make yourself, so I played it safe. My thought was that I'd find you, or if you were somewhere public, you'd end up in a hospital. Either way you'd be safer asleep. I didn't anticipate not being able to find you."

Russell frowned. "Why couldn't you?"

"I don't know." The demon looked a little uneasy, it has been bothering him. "I'd like to hear more about what happened later, but you might as well shower and catch up with Asa first." There was no point getting into an in depth conversation now, Asa would monopolize the boy's time the moment he returned. "Although, I must say--"

"Forget it." Russell snapped, standing up.

"If you wanted to experiment with your powers again all you had to do was make a deal."

Russ snorted. "Oh yeah? And give over my entire existence to a power hungry little shit of a demon? Where do I sign up?"

Lapin, tall and imposing, pushed his glasses further up his nose. "Have I not treated you well? I've given you enough reasons to trust me, Russell."

"You know for a fact you haven't, so don't even pretend to think otherwise." Being that their first few months together had involved Lapin systematically trying to trick Russell into giving up his mind as well as his magic, Russ felt he was right to be suspicious. "I'll speak to you later, Lapin."

Lapin watched the boy head upstairs. "Of course. It's nice to see you safe and sound, by the way."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/25/2016 1:57 AM

((Ahaaaah I love those three; such fun interaction. Also you may have gotten me hooked on
Sufjan Stevens. :'| Been listening to John My Beloved and Should've Known Better for an hour.))

Finnian knew that Aonbharr's most recent leaving was a test. He'd seen the pale man draw his fingers along the doorway before leaving, a barrier that would surely bring harm to whatever outsider passed it. And it was just as well--after all, Finnian was going out, and Aonbharr wouldn't lock him inside, surely. That would be a bit much, after all.

He still waited until the designated time, watching the sun in the sky every now and then out the window as he painted. Aonbharr said he would bring a few new canvases, since the last one had gotten rather waterlogged, but it was hardly regrettable. The memory made Finnian smile, smile a lot more than he figured he was supposed to when recalling such a troubling situation as finding a boy passed out by the lake. He fiddled with his paintbrush in his hands, accidentally smearing a smudge of bright orange against his pale, almost greyish skin, and going with it, painting to his fingertips and in swirls around the joints of his small hands. Still, his chest ached with a soft excitement--it didn't beat, no, certainly not. His heart hardly ever made itself known, he was finding recently. He wondered if it had always been like that; he couldn't remember, but it hardly mattered.

He stopped and looked at his hand, swirls of sunset orange swirling around his palm and knuckles and fingers. He should wash this off in the lake. Ah, there was the excuse that spurred him to stand up, deciding it was close enough to the appointed meeting time. He put up his paints and dashed out into the dimming light, a cool breeze picking up and ruffling his hair but failing to caress his skin. Again, again, it hardly mattered, any of it. There was something so good about rebelling, though he hoped he wouldn't make a habit of it at all. By the time he reached the side of the lake they were meant to meet, the paint had dried and he couldn't find it in his heart to wash it away just yet. Instead, he settled by a tree's roots and waited.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/26/2016 4:28 PM

That morning Russ had walked across town to pick up some lecture notes from a friend, and what with his own disappearing act currently being the university's pick of gossip, it has taken him far longer than expected. At the very least, he was impressed at the things they'd come up with to explain it. So far, Russ had joined the circus, become a drug dealer, commit suicide and run away to marry his childhood sweetheart. He felt a little sad in telling them that the truth of the matter was far more mundane.

Russ had read through the notes twice now, but they still weren't really going in. He was listless, his mind wandering back to his meeting with Finnian. He still didn't know what was going on or what he was going to do to help. Aside from that, though, it'd be nice to see him again. There was something about him, distant and dreamlike and wistful.

Russ gave up with trying to read his lecture notes and got ready, pulling his chestnut hair into short ponytail and digging his good tweed jacket out of his wardrobe. It had been a little while since he'd had occasion to wear it, it was heather tweed with grey suede on the elbows and Russell was particularly fond of it.

"Going somewhere?" Asa said, leaning casually against the door frame. He'd been following Russ around like a shadow since he got back.

Russell rolled his eyes. "Yes. The lake. I'm meeting Finnian."

"You're not."

"Fuck off, Asa. You're not stopping me." Russ' tone was fairly light, slightly exasperated at his friend's stubbornness.

Asa frowned a little, almost pouting. "It's dangerous. You could black out again."

Russ was most definitely amused by now. "I'm not really risking life and limb, Ace. Besides, think about all of the lengths you've gone through to go on a date. Walking down to a lake is pretty tame." Part of him wondered if the word date was entirely appropriate.

"Excuse you! That wasn't for a date, that was for sex. Completely different."

Russell walked past him, heading down the stairs. "Sure it is!" he called back after him. "Look, if I'm not back by midnight feel free to come and find me. Seeya!"

----

It took Russ a little longer to reach the lake than usual, sticking to a smaller path that curved round to the other side than Finnian's cabin, just in case. There was a little bit of fog on the lake this evening, but it wasn't cold, and despite the fog over the lake the sky above was clear. You'd be able to see the stars shortly. Russ kept his gaze towards the lake, looking for a pale figure. For a moment or two Russ wondered whether he should have been more specific, maybe they wouldn't be able to find- Ah! There he was, sat underneath a sprawling beech tree. It was huge and gnarled, some branches so low they were almost touching the surface of the lake.

"Finnian!" Russ called, waving. "I was starting to wonder where you were." He stood a little ways from where the other boy was sat, unsure of what to do next. He'd described this as a date to Asa, more out of a desire to make a pithy comment than to accurately describe his meeting. Then, noticing Finnian's painted hand, he added. "So, you ran out of canvasses then? I suppose that's partly my fault."

((Ahah, Asa's trying to be a mother hen. And good! I keep listening to "Death with Dignity" and "That Dress Looks Nice on You".))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/01/2016 10:54 AM

((Death with Dignity is definitely excellent akjhdfg ;w; I've also been listening to The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades is Out To Get Us. That one is amazing with how dynamic it is.))

Finnian had not fallen asleep, despite the longer wait. He had actually barely noticed the passage of time, once he'd focused his eyes on the lake. When Russ came closer and called his name, he jerked slightly, blinking rapidly at the surface of the water before looking up at the other boy, a little wide-eyed. "Ah--no," he laughed sheepishly, looking down at his hand. "Well, yes... A-aon... well, he's out buying a few more for me." It was almost as though he seemed reluctant to say the person's name, and ended up shortening it, in the end. "So I snuck out," he added in a whisper, his eyes flickering with a kind of excitement to admit such a thing.

"Oh, but... I did have one canvas left. I just got distracted, thinking about things, you know... I accidentally got paint on my hand and it felt nice, so I..." Finnian trailed off, blinking up at Russ, then at his hand, then at the ground, clearly embarrassed. Even so, it barely looked like any manner of blush rose to his face--it just looked a little darker in tint than before.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 03/28/2016 4:13 PM

(Ooh~ I like that one. ^^ The wasp references give me No. 6 vibes. Sorry for this being so late, by the way. College has killed me. ;u;;; ))

Russ was far more charmed than he'd like to admit by the boy's sheepish nature. "I'm glad. That you snuck out, I mean." He brushed aside some leaves, finding a heap of curling gnarled roots to perch on. "How was he after I left, by the way? I hope you didn't get into trouble on my account." He wanted to apologize again, for disturbing Finnian and his way of life, for arriving so unannounced and so inelegantly. But, Russel wasn't feeling remorseful.

"How have you been?" He asked, having nothing but conversation to take refuge in. Russ had decided against bringing anything with him, it seemed a superfluous gesture, especially since the whole point was to not let Aohnbarr catch on to the fact that Finnian was meeting with him.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/01/2016 9:36 PM

((OOOH I never thought of thaaaat thank you for opening my eyes 8'D And that's okay!! I totally understand))

Finnian shifted ever so slightly, as though he needed to make room for the other boy. He turned slightly to face Russ better, offering a reassuring smile. "Oh, yes, he was fine--we're fine," he said, a bit flustered. He didn't particularly want to mention the spell that Aonbharr had put on the cabin that would prevent anyone from going inside. It seemed a tad like oversharing, which Finnian supposed wasn't a good thing to do to someone he barely knew. Still, he so rarely made friends nowadays--and in fact he wasn't sure that he'd made a friend in a very long time, but his memory was never a good one.

"I've been... alright!" Finnian said truthfully, a cheerful note in his voice, grey eyes locked on Russ' face as he fiddled with the dried paint on his hand and arm. "I-I admit, it's a little odd, being alone in that cabin after having a houseguest for three days--no matter how sleepy that houseguest was," he added with a look that could only be described as teasing, but entirely good-natured. "And you? How did things go with the, ah... the university? Were things okay there?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 04/13/2016 5:21 PM

That was a weight off of his chest, at least. He didn't want to cause Finnian any more trouble than was strictly necessary. (Of course, Russ was still there, so he wasn't being entirely truthful with himself.) "I'm glad to hear it." He still wasn't convinced that Aonbharr had good intentions, towards Finnian or anyone else, particularly after what had happened by the lake. Russ didn't even know if Finnian's strange behavior could be attributed to Aonbharr, for all he knew it could be something else entirely.

Russ smiled when he realized Finnian was teasing him. "I'd like to think I'm normally more interesting than that. Being unconscious puts a bit of a dampener on my charms." He wasn't being serious either, now. It was nice to be able to joke around with someone. Recently, Russ' social life had fallen to the wayside, it was probably Asa's fault, it usually was.

"Oh yeah, that was a bit of an undertaking. Especially since, well, people tend to notice when you vanish from the face of the earth for three days.  I only missed a couple of lectures, so the work isn't too bad, but I've had to do a lot of explaining to do, especially since Asa went to the police about it." He leaned back against the trunk of the tree with a sigh. "It could have been worse, definitely, at least I have Lapin to confirm what happened. He's an old family friend, and my physician." Russel was directly lying here, while Lapin was actually a capable doctor, that was far from his primary purpose in Russ's life. He'd been telling that lie for so long it barely registered with him.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/06/2016 3:58 PM

A soft, breathy laugh came out of Finnian at that, muted but nonetheless genuine. The boy's demeanor was bright, but, same as the day Russ had met him, there seemed to be an odd kind of blanket of shadowy mist over Finnian's personality. "Well, I don't normally get to watch people sleep, but you weren't exactly unpleasant," he murmured, then blinked and smiled sheepishly at the ground, realizing he'd said something odd. His face didn't flush--it didn't seem like it could, other than a very thin darkening of the pallid color in his face.

The fact of the matter was, Finnian didn't know that he was no longer alive. The only clues he had were subtle, cyclical, and dismissible, if he ignored them hard enough. Not needing to eat was odd enough, but if he didn't think too hard about it, he could convince himself that he simply forgot that he'd eaten already that day, or something of the like. After all, no other explanation made sense, and Aonbharr never said anything about it otherwise. Time was a strange thing, to Finnian.

There were a few words that Russ said that Finnian didn't quite understand, but he nodded through it regardless, curling his legs up beneath him as he shifted in his seat on the gnarled tree roots. "I'm glad things worked out--and you have a doctor nearby! So that's a bit of a relief. It's good you have someone qualified to look after you. It's Lapin--ah..." Finnian barely jolted, a burning sensation lighting up in the back of his neck as he said the name. He shuddered, staring at the ground in mild confusion, then shook his head a bit, a troubled look in his eyes as he tried to decipher what had just happened. "...you said? Yes... I'm glad he's with you, then."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext