These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: In Evelon, Turkey Eat You!! -shot- [P]

Postby Thunder » 11/22/2009 7:20 PM

(Love the Communist Russia joke spin-off. Just saying xD)
ImageImage
Tami'kal (Tami) and Telufahn

"I thought were were sailing in order to find this treasure," Telufahn said, looking around the forest in confusion. He thought he and Tami'kal were going to take off on her ship, but for some reason, the little pirate Kuhna took him to the Roraldi Forests.

"Oh, but there certainly is a treasure to be found here!" Tami replied, jumping up and down in excitement. "Dear Telufahn, do you know what Evelon holiday is coming up?"

"Er..." Telufahn said. Tami gave him the answer before he could even arrange his thoughts.

"It's going to be Thanks for Life Day, and Turkezillas are going to be running about! There's been a rumor going around that some of the Turkezillas have treasure on them, and that's why we are here!" Telufahn looked around, but not a single bird-like creature was in sight.

"Um...are you sure you heard right?" he asked Tami. Tami'kal nodded.

"Come now, matey! Let's search this forest for those dastardly avians!" With that, Tami headed off deeper into Roraldi, dragging Telufahn along with her, who was rolling his eyes behind her.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/23/2009 1:03 AM

Why?

That was the one question that repeatedly came to mind for the grumpy young rengosett as he trudged up the grassy hillside, lower lip pushed out angrily. He was pouting rather harshly today, even for himself. He didn't even know what he was doing--his master had tried to explain, but he was throwing such a tantrum that he couldn't hear her. He was mad that she'd thrown him out of the house before he'd finished watching his five favorite TV shows, and even now he grumbled under his breath. Had he any sort of notion about what he was walking in to, he would've thrown a much bigger fit, one that would probably have ended with a fight for his life. To a turkezilla, a three-foot tall rengosett would undoubtedly look like easy lunch, and he knew it.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/23/2009 11:08 AM

Corey

The Gyrraptor slowly stalked  through the brush, trying to make no sound at all while
searching for those nasty bird...things. He did not even know why exactly he was here.
It was about some sort of treasure, but how he would get this treasure he wasnt shure.
It just sounded like there might would be fighting involved, so he decidet he'd go, just for
the fun of it. But he slowly got annoyed (which isnt hard, with such a short temper as Coreys :P)
He had been here for some time now, scanning his sourroundings with piercing eyes,
and he handt found any of those Turkezillas yet. Corey let out a frustrated growl and
asked himself if there where any other 'treasure hunters' out here today.  They shure where, but he
had not spotted any of them either.
...wait! The Raptor turned his head slowly, focusing on a sound to his right.
what was that?
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Thunder » 11/23/2009 8:58 PM

"Tami'kal?" Telufahn asked nervously.

"What is it, mate?" Tami replied.

"Aren't Turkezillas rather...dangerous?" At this, Tami let out a hearty laugh, taking her sword out from its sheath and waving it around in the air, grinning broadly.

"A pirate has nothing to fear from a bunch of rascally birds! Be assured, dear friend! I shall not let us come to any harm!"

Says the reckless one... Telufahn sighed mentally. So far, they had not seen any Turkezillas, but Telufahn thought he could pick up a rather disgusting smelling scent in the air. "I think they're this way," he said.

"Are ya sure?"

"Pretty sure." The two changed course and started to follow the trail of the smell.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/24/2009 1:54 AM

Corey nearly jumped out of his feathers when the drop hit his nosetip.
looking at the branches over him, he spotted Prissykins. The Gyrraptor
snarled threatingly, raised his headfeathers and flexed his muscles.
Slowly circling arround the tree, untill he had a little more...arm freedom,
a slightly insane grin revealed his ivory teeth. "Cooome here, birdy birdy birdy"
he teased, glaring the beast into its eyes. ugh...now that the wind turned,
he could smell it too.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/24/2009 2:40 PM

The young rengosett trudged on, still grumbling. He was about twenty feet away from Prissykins when he happened to glance to his right and see the drooling turkeyzilla looming over something in the grass. The monkey-like creature leapt twelve feet into the air and screamed loudly in a pitch normally reserved for young schoolgirls. He landed and tore away through the grass in terror, letting his breath hiss through his teeth in panic as he slowly began to approach the other turkeyzilla further ahead...

"OH. MY. GOD." he shrieked, still screechy and blind with panic. "WHAT DID MASTER SEND ME TO DO?!" he wailed, completely unaware of his surroundings.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/24/2009 5:02 PM

Wow, that plump looking bird was rather fast, he had to give him that.
If Corey stood where he was now and pounce at him, it would be like jumping frontally
into a high speed train. Okay, change of  the plan. Instead attacking Prissykins directly, he would lure him
further away from the trees, and either wait for a good oportunity to attack,
or wait until he would slow down for a reason or another. Corey dashed away, looking over his shoulder
now and then and teased him further. Prissykins suddently seemed to stop, or slow down at least.
Corey blinked irritated, stopped and faced the other one, still with his grin attatched to his face.
"aw...is the birdy tired already?". Corey ducked slightly, ready to jump at his opponend when he saw something small, red and white next to the Turkezilla. "ey! out of the way, kiddo!" he snarled.
//it must be a kid.... Only kids are stupid enough to run frontally into a monster like that... //  

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/25/2009 12:17 AM

Citredelekon wrote:(("The monkey-like creature leapt twelve feet into the air and screamed loudly in a pitch normally reserved for young schoolgirls." I laugh at everything, but this almost made me fall out of my chair.))

((why, thank you. XD))

The little rengosett bit his lip and tried not to move. He hurt all over--slamming into such an enormous creature had sent him flying, and ground creatures don't exactly land very well after a flight. He moaned and lifted his head a little bit to see if anything was broken. He was a little bruised, but no serious damage had been done. With a groan that was more show than actual pain, he lifted himself to his feet. He squinted to see the offending turkeyzilla and a gyrraptor apparently facing off.

"ey! out of the way, kiddo!"

He blinked at the gyrraptor. Kid? Who's a kid? "I'M OLDER'N YOU ARE, SMARTFACE!" he shrieked back furiously. Okay, so that was probably a lie, but nineteen was pretty old to be labeled a child in his mind. Grumbling, the itty-bitty monkey shook off his aches and scamprered out to meet the turkeyzilla. "No bird-beastie gets the better of me, Saru the Imperial Rengosett! HEY, TURKEY-ZILLA!" he bellowed in his shrieky monkey-voice. He sat down huffily a good ten feet away from Prissykins' powerful feet, waiting for a reply, a glance in his direction, something. He wasn't after blood, or even treasure at the moment. He wanted that big brown bird to realize just who he'd stepped on, and he was going to feel sorry for it, dag nabbit!
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/25/2009 1:25 PM

Corey only grinned wider at the response of Saru.
Then, his grin froze at the action of the rengosett . That guy must be out of his
freakin mind! what was he thinking?
The Gyrraptor stepped back when Priss started his attack on Saru,
but focused again on his goal. It was now or never. As long as the
Turkezilla was distracted with the other one, it was the perfect opportunity
for him to attack. Corey jumped forward, aiming for the back of Priss.
He was pretty sure that this one would be easy game now...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 11/25/2009 10:19 PM

Suddenly, Telufahn heard a high pitched scream that made him jump several feet into the air. His heart started to pound in his chest, and the hair on his back rose. "Did you hear that?" he whispered. Tami'kal drew out her sword and pointed it in the air.

"I heard that alright!" she exclaimed. "Perhaps one of those foul fowls have discovered a treasure hunter and are pursuing them! We must go assist them immediately!"

"W-wait! You can't be thinking of a direct assault, are yo-" But before Telufahn could finish his statement, Tami had zoomed into the bushes and out of sight. Sighing, Telufahn followed after, not really sure how they were going to handle these Turkezillas...

When they arrived at the scene, the first thing they saw was a Turkezilla pecking at an Imperial Rengosett and a Gyrraptor about to leap at the bird. Tami'kal slashed her sword in the air, and started to proclaim loudly, "Never fear, fellow treasure seekers! It is I, Tami'kal the pirate, and I shall help you fell this foul beast!" Telufahn was about to protest when Tami jumped into the fray, sword pointed at Prissykins...

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/26/2009 1:07 AM

Saru received one sharp smack on the skull and darted back out of reach, stunned and irritated. "HEY!" he shrieked, "I warn't hurtin' you! I wanted an apology for steppin' on and nearly crushin' me! And I still want one!" His voice cracked, and he shut his maw, temporarily embarrassed. He ducked behind a log and popped his head up over it, ready to run if he needed to. "What's with you? So *inconsidate, steppin' on a man like that! And it hurt, too!" he howled, face reddening from screaming. He thought he saw a blow aimed at him and ducked out of sight, only to reappear a second later. "I demand an--who's that, there? HEY! Don't hurt that, he owes me an apology!" he bellowed at the sword-bearing newcomers, screeching and furious.

*he means 'inconsiderate'

If you haven't guessed it by now, Saru isn't the brightest. XP
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/26/2009 1:24 PM

Corey got distracted by the newcomers, and the whole situation, wich cause him to miss his
target and land on the other side without doing any damage. The whole scenery got more and
more grotesque. The obviously brain damaged Rengosett, whose screeches where
surely too much for his sensitive ears, wasnt enough, oh no. Now there where two
more figures coming up, one of them a sword wielding lunatic, who screamed something about pirates.
To top all that, Priss farted. By then Corey's brain desperately screamed for auto-shutdown,
but now wasnt the time for loosing ones head. He shook his whole body at the disgusting smell,
and ducked away from a kick of the giant turkey. He hissed angrily, and lashed out with his frontclaws
himself, aiming for the face of Priss.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/26/2009 3:26 PM

Prissykins farted.

Saru's fur puffed out in every direction like a cat that had stuck its paw in an electrical socket. His legs and back stiffened and tensed and he collapsed behind the log, out of sight and probably out of consciousness. His body made a tiny thump when it hit the grass, but no other sound came out from his hiding-place.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/26/2009 4:40 PM

Ow...that one hurt badly.
Corey carefully moved his hand, wich felt sore and stiff after the impact.
He did not intend to hit the tree, but...well since part of it came down and
seemingly knocked that thing out, he guessed it did'nt matter. But damn...ouch!
Before he could get too enthusiastic about his...semi-win however, he spotted a
small white and red arm poking out from under the Turkezilla.
//ah jeez...// allthough he did not see foreward to hear that voice of the
strange fur thing ever again, he still felt the urge to help him. Poor thing would be squashed to
death if nobody helped him. So Corey slowly aproached Priss, very carefull since he did not know if he
really was knocked out or not...
Before he took action, he turned his head towards the Pirate-girl and her friend.
"Hey you! you gonna help or what?" he asked annoyed, then he went on the other side Priss. and tried
to push roll him over, wich was hopeless for the rather light-weight raptor to do alone...

(I hope I understood the situation correct /with Priss knocked out, or stunned/^^)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/26/2009 10:43 PM

((LOL.))

Saru wriggled like a fluffy worm under the mass of stinking turkeyzilla, squirming inch by inch to freedom. His eyes watered with the stench of the bird and not being able to breathe. What a pitiful way to die, Saru! he wailed mentally, and thrust one pudgy arm forward into the light of day. A failed attempt at moving further made him painfully aware that he was stuck. Stuck, under a smelly, probably unwashed, monstrous, ugly, man-eating turkey, where he was surely going to die. He groped fitfully at the grass and finally seized a sturdy weed with his pink fist and pulled, twisting his shoulders at the same time. With an immense gasp and a fit of choking, the little rengosett freed the top half of his body. He took a look around and blinked up at a gyrraptor not ten feet away. "WHAT?!" he screeched, a bit higher-pitched than normal. "Are you HELPING?!" he shrieked, voice cracking, in a way that most certainly meant for the gyrraptor to come scrambling to his aid. He certainly wasn't very comfortable down under Prissykins.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Next